• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small tournament/fest April 4th Boone, NC

Sengin

Smash Ace
For those that can't go to the Wilmington one on Saturday, April 4th, Appalachian State University will be having a small-ish tournament as part of a LAN party in the same place as the last one (student union). Melee/Brawl, singles/doubles (singles will have prizes, but since the club is low on funds the doubles will probably just be for bragging rights), lots of friendlies. We'll have 2 TV's and 2/3 projectors. Prizes are set ($35 for first place, $20 for second for each). Entry is $10 total, but that gets you into any of the tournaments you want, bawls/rockstar, and pizza.

I'm hoping to have a full-blown tourney on the 25th, with pot-style prizes and all that with just smash. But I haven't heard back yet so I'll post another thread when I find out.

If you need directions, look at the first post here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207402

Let me know if you're coming so I can prepare better.

Malk

Smash Champion
there is a climbing comp at the school on the same date noob sucker
I might make an appearance for that reason though anyway

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
any idea on what times stuff will start cus if melee singles is late ill try to go cus u guys are def closer to me than wilmington but i mean i still wouldnt make it till like 6 at the earliest (i dont even remember how far away it is) so either i would need the tourney to start late or lots and lots of mm's =p

Foxy

Smash Master
i'm glad i'm going to wilmington (which is closer) already

or else i'd feel guilty about not wanting to drive 210 minutes again.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
PP, I forgot to say you build excellent stages. And you have terrible taste in music.

And Bioshock is amazinggg
oh god yes Bioshock is great.

If I go to a tourney this weekend it'll be the wilmington one because my friend has a beach house there and we're about the same distance from both of these. sorry.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
First of all Zero, I haven't looked at that yet since Twitch hasn't played Brawl with me yet (will probably be a while), but I'll bet that I can guess what a few of your new stages look like.

Stupid siblings picked the music.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NC should form an INTERNET CLAN and participate in ONLINE CLAN WARS so we can be the TOP INTERNET SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL CLAN

or we could play melee

Sengin

Smash Ace
any idea on what times stuff will start cus if melee singles is late ill try to go cus u guys are def closer to me than wilmington but i mean i still wouldnt make it till like 6 at the earliest (i dont even remember how far away it is) so either i would need the tourney to start late or lots and lots of mm's =p
Melee singles will probably start at 2... but you could certainly come for friendlies/mm's (though if you do come for mm's, keep it quiet because if the staff catch you... :( ).

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i cant make it to wilmington though i get off at 4 o'clock that day then the drive to wilmington puts us there so late T.T then i gotta be at work again the next day which is why i was considering going to this instead but i doubt i'd make it either

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Meh, I can't make it to this. Sorry guys D:

If you have another one of these on the 18th though, I could make that =)

Sengin

Smash Ace
Awesome. Will you stay a while this time? About rock band: I don't know at the moment, but I'll try to get back to you.

Nebs

Smash Apprentice
It depends on how long the tourney runs. But I assume I'll be staying a while. For the 25th tourney, I think I have to work, but I'll see if I can work something out.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Rawr! **** so much going on. I'm with PP tho. After either wilmington or this, i'm not going anywhere for a while, not counting billfests cause i have perfect attendance to those.

if no one ends up going with me to wilmington i'll more than likely come to this. don't count me in on anything. xD

Top Bottom