• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
It's so that we have somewhere else to move them. Not as a primary place to look up for the Dark Pit/Pit information.

By the way, I got the head mod was able to retrieve back the information for you EnGarde EnGarde

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I was going to say the hype was dead after Sticker Star 2 was announced, but playable Copen in Gunvolt 2 made up for it. Also didn't expect it to be coming this summer.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS! Azure Striker Gunvolt is getting a sequel! I loved that game, I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed MMX games or just 2d games in general. It's like Megaman X, but it's not. The story is okay, I guess(But who honestly plays Mega Man games for the story anyway?).

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Everyone is super hyped about all the Gunvlot and Starfox

While I'm just here wondering why people think that making one of the most favorite copy abilities that hasn't made an appearance since Squeak Squad(?) an amiibo exclusive is a good idea

Robo Kirby looks cool though

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS! Azure Striker Gunvolt is getting a sequel! I loved that game, I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed MMX games or just 2d games in general. It's like Megaman X, but it's not. The story is okay, I guess(But who honestly plays Mega Man games for the story anyway?).
Gunvolt 2 was already a thing, lol. I'd show you the initial reveal but the Gunvolt site crashed.

Everyone is super hyped about all the Gunvlot and Starfox

While I'm just here wondering why people think that making one of the most favorite copy abilities that hasn't made an appearance since Squeak Squad(?) an amiibo exclusive is a good idea

Robo Kirby looks cool though
Kirby looks really fun too. Reminds me of Vile's ride armor from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kirby game yay...and then there's Metroid

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
From what I can tell people seem fine with MFF now. It's PMCS that everybody hates...

Like, the overworld and stuff looks good. That was the only good thing about PMSS besides the soundtrack. We saw like two seconds of a battle and it looked like another experimental weird thing we don't need.

I'll wait and see, but if it's just generic characters and places again I'm not interested.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
In your prediction, how many people are actually going to buy the Metroid Prime Federations game?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Depends. If it's all multiplayer focused and it's basically forced like Triforce Heroes it's not going to do well. If there's a solid single player campaign, though, it'll probably do decently if Nintendo gets the word out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I can tell people seem fine with MFF now. It's PMCS that everybody hates...

Like, the overworld and stuff looks good. That was the only good thing about PMSS besides the soundtrack. We saw like two seconds of a battle and it looked like another experimental weird thing we don't need.

I'll wait and see, but if it's just generic characters and places again I'm not interested.
Go to youtube and look at the amount of likes/dislikes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The latest trailer they hid the likes and dislikes. Comments are fairly positive so I'm going with that.
Well before the (dis)like button was disabled, it was loads of dislikes

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
LOL that img.

I'm a long time fan of the Metroid franchise. When I saw the original trailer for Federation Force my initial instinct was to reject it as a Metroid game, because it didn't look or feel like a Metroid game. Like, the basic components of most of the games in the franchise is that you are playing as the lone bounty hunter Samus Aran exploring a hostile alien planet where things are actively trying to kill you. The worlds are vast, and you must explore and backtrack to find all the upgrades you need to beat the game lol.

But when I see Federation Force, with it's heavy focus on multi-player, and it looks like Samus isn't even playable, I'm like, wait, this is a Metroid game? Even the art style is off compared to the other games. Federation Force has your characters look like Chibi characters, where the original games went more for the eerie look.

It's like they're trying to appeal to a whole new (and younger) player demographic, and playing into a whole new game mold when compared to the previous listings, like Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, or the Metroid Prime Trilogy, which is what has long time fans of the franchise, such as myself, scratching my head at their design choices.

I'll probably get the game because I've been waiting forever for the next Metroid game to come out, but tbh, I'm not really impressed, because this just doesn't look or feel like a Metroid game to me. It feels like a space multiplayer game that they hung Metroid window dressing on. Which I guess is what the creators were trying to address in the Direct, because I know I'm not the only fan upset by the changes lol.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Before I forget, you still around @Strider_123 ? There's that ASGV sale you wanted.

I was bored and it turns out my play log says I've logged nearly 1000 hours into KIU. ...Uh, not so sure that's right. Mystery's going to have to wait until tomorrow night because I should be asleep right now and I won't be able to get my KIU cart until tomorrow.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Before I forget, you still around @Strider_123 ? There's that ASGV sale you wanted.

I was bored and it turns out my play log says I've logged nearly 1000 hours into KIU. ...Uh, not so sure that's right. Mystery's going to have to wait until tomorrow night because I should be asleep right now and I won't be able to get my KIU cart until tomorrow.
1000...you sure it want 100.0?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
This character is so dumb, I only had a bit of rage but I killed my mates fox 3 times in a row at like 40% with the electroshock. And another time the next game for good measure.

I love it.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
This character is so dumb, I only had a bit of rage but I killed my mates fox 3 times in a row at like 40% with the electroshock. And another time the next game for good measure.

I love it.
Why are emos so good at killing early in this game?

momochii

Smash Rookie

I love it.
Good Fox is annoying so we just have to be as annoying. ;D

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I love it.
Not you to

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice

I love it.
Me too.
It scales nicely with rage and it can condition people to shield more, which is fine if you are (D)Pit. Now if only something comboed into side b...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
really? At what %s it works and how does DI and teching affect?
Do tell more.
Haven't had a chance to really get into the specifics but IIRC there's a 20% window on Diddy in training.

Dark Pit's Ftilt launches at a low enough angle to where characters with Diddy's gravity or higher need to pick a tech option at percents Electroshock can kill even with optimal DI. Proper spacing lets you catch even a techroll away.

Rage supposedly effects moves with higher BKB more then lower, and since DP Ftilt only has 15 BKB compared to Electroshock's 99 that window should be getting bigger.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Nice, but doesn't ftilt have too much end lag and side b too much start up for this to work?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Haven't had a chance to really get into the specifics but IIRC there's a 20% window on Diddy in training.

Dark Pit's Ftilt launches at a low enough angle to where characters with Diddy's gravity or higher need to pick a tech option at percents Electroshock can kill even with optimal DI. Proper spacing lets you catch even a techroll away.

Rage supposedly effects moves with higher BKB more then lower, and since DP Ftilt only has 15 BKB compared to Electroshock's 99 that window should be getting bigger.
http://www.kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Gravity

Guess if anyone's interested about gravity here ^^^^^^

So technically it will only work on :4diddy::4palutena::4megaman::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4charizard::4bowser::4feroy::4ryu::4zss::4falcon::4falco::4sheik::4greninja::4fox:, right?

Of course the percents will differ with each because of the knockback and weight and rage and the other mechanics, but is that the gist?

And I'm also assuming it's the sweetspot?

And anyone wanna play?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Another confirm into the electroshock is last hit of nair into b reverse side b. Someone on skype told me about it. the last hit of nair also true combos into Dark Pit's arrows (not pit). I'm not sure about the percent ranges for either but he said the timing was reallly tight. He said he only tested on Pit so I can assume on fast fallers it could be another tech chase setup.

Not you to
Dw I still play Pit alot.

And anyone wanna play?
I'd play you but there will probably be too much lag :(
I wish Australia wasn't so far away from the other countries.

Last edited:

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Speaking of kill confirms, what are the conditions for the n-air to u-smash setup? I can't seem to get it down properly.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Another confirm into the electroshock is last hit of nair into b reverse side b. Someone on skype told me about it. the last hit of nair also true combos into Dark Pit's arrows (not pit). I'm not sure about the percent ranges for either but he said the timing was reallly tight. He said he only tested on Pit so I can assume on fast fallers it could be another tech chase setup.

Dw I still play Pit alot.

I'd play you but there will probably be too much lag :(
I wish Australia wasn't so far away from the other countries.
Meh, let's try anyway :DDDDDDD

If it gets too laggy then we'll probably stop

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Speaking of kill confirms, what are the conditions for the n-air to u-smash setup? I can't seem to get it down properly.
You have to fast fall around the 7th hit. Try to watch where your oppnent is going through the nair, when they reach the edge either at the top or corner fast fall then, it becomes muscle memory once you figure out the timing.

I'd say practice on Link first this is just to get the timing down of how long you can stay in the air with nair before allowing the last hit to connect. Also Link is really easy to do this on.
Then move on to the sandbag to practice the timing of when to fast fall to get the opponent to drop out. Gives you a general idea for all characters.
Then try metaknight because his timing is a little stricter but still doable. Lastly ZSS because you have to move out then in and then fast fall, it's really hard to do it on her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom