• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Another confirm into the electroshock is last hit of nair into b reverse side b. Someone on skype told me about it. the last hit of nair also true combos into Dark Pit's arrows (not pit). I'm not sure about the percent ranges for either but he said the timing was reallly tight. He said he only tested on Pit so I can assume on fast fallers it could be another tech chase setup.

Dw I still play Pit alot.

I'd play you but there will probably be too much lag :(
I wish Australia wasn't so far away from the other countries.
I got my cinnamon roll eyes on you

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
These are pretty top tier

0ed92d3bea50e300bb35404a1d69460b.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M DYING THIS IS WAY TOO CUTE

6a44518bdc30875bb8d48b99d6915b81.jpg

Was not expecting this lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, it certainly brings memories. Memories of pain and frustration and forcing myself to follow my natural instincts. Curse my human personality and lust for wealth.
Wealth is what we all want

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
http://www.kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Gravity

Guess if anyone's interested about gravity here ^^^^^^

So technically it will only work on :4diddy::4palutena::4megaman::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4charizard::4bowser::4feroy::4ryu::4zss::4falcon::4falco::4sheik::4greninja::4fox:, right?

Of course the percents will differ with each because of the knockback and weight and rage and the other mechanics, but is that the gist?

And I'm also assuming it's the sweetspot?
Sourspot because it sets up techchases for longer, having less KB and all. Tipper would work at lower percents but you probably couldn't kill off it. Also note you can hit with Ftilt on f10 and it'll work, so you don't need to catch them on the final frame or something.

Back hit of Dsmash might also work, now that I think about it.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I did this unique Dark Pit moveset today...

Jab: Pretty much his default jab, but maybe with claws instead? He should probably keep the Silver Bow in his moveset somehow, considering he does use it in Uprising
Ftilt: A three-hit combo move similar to Bayo's jab 1, 2, 3 (not the rapid jab tho) with claws
Dtilt: Dtilt could probably stay the same, an alternate idea could be something like Kamui's dtilt with claws (I'm seeing him use claws infused with a firey energy, so they'd have a trail like Kamui's too)
Utilt: Takes his bow and spins it (like his uair) first at a slight upward angle in front of him, then directly above him, then at a slight upward angle behind him (like the first strike, but behind him). High risk, high reward move. Takes a little while to finish and has minimal shieldstun, but if connected does a lot of damage and sets up for combos (especially into bair). Covers a wide area like DK's utilt.
DA: He could have a DA similar to this guys spinning attack in Dragon Quest 9
(For those of you who didn't play that amazing game, he spins like a drill headfirst, a little similar to Kamui's DA)
Fsmash: The three-hit jab-esque combo done with Arms in Uprising, performed with the Electroshock Arm. Similar to Cloud's fsmash in properties. All Arm-based attacks use the Electroshock Arm and make the sound the Electroshock Arm does on hit in Uprising.
Usmash: A Shoryuken-esque upward strike like Knuckles' usmash or Mario's utilt with the Electroshock Arm.
Dsmash: Okay, this one is pretty hard to describe. He first thrusts the Electroshock Arm forward at a low angle like Mac's dtilt, or the first hit of Cloud's dsmash. This knocks them behind him at a diagonal angle, and Dark Pit turns to hit them again with the Arm. He holds the Arm at the same angle that he holds the Staff in this picture:
HNI_0025.jpg

The two hits link like Cloud or Tink's dsmash, but it kills diagonally.

Nair: A spin with claws similar to Lyn's nair
Fair: Similar to Cloud or Mario's fair, he smashes in a downward arc with the Arm. The animation looks more like Cloud's fair, but he does a roll afterward like Mario's fair. FH autocancels, but has low landing lag anyways. Spikes on the lower part of the swing like Cloud's.
Bair: A quick strike backwards with the Arm, very similar to Lyn's bair. Low landing lag and can space well.
Dair: A downwards strike like Marth's dair, with a spin on the end (like after an aerial side b with Pit, but only one spin) replacing the slow animation Marth has during aerial end lag.
Uair: Just his normal uair, but it does a single hit like in PM, making it better for juggling, but it can't drag opponents around like Pit's.

Neutral B: Fires the Dark Pit Staff. The projectile is small (it looks a lot like Bayo's charged Bullet Climax projectile) but has infinite range and gets stronger the farther it travels, to the point that it can OHKO in edgegaurd situations. It charges automatically, but it's rather slow for a charge (something like 15 or 20 seconds). If used uncharged, it's comparable to Fox's lasers.
Side B: A combo attack with claws and bow like Cross Slash or Dancing Blade. It can be angled like Marth's side b, but only has two strikes. First strikes use claws and seconds strikes use the bow.
Down B: Jetstream Orbitars fly around him, deflecting projectiles and creating a powerful windbox.
Up B: Power of Flight
Final Smash: Similar to Snake's Final Smash, Dark Pit flies into the foreground, creating an Uprising air battle-esque interface with Dark Pit's wings glowing with power. A fires the Staff, you move by moving, and you get ten shots or 30 seconds before the FS ends (unlike in Uprising the shots don't have to charge - you get full-charged shots every time).

Pummel: Faster than Pit's but deals less damage
Fthrow: A powerful gut punch from the Electroshock Arm sends them flying. A kill throw with high knockback scaling, but low base knockback. Kills around 150 from center stage. Has a lot of endlag, making it impossible to combo with.
Bthrow: Puts the opponent behind him and stabs them through with a claw, like Shulk's bthrow. Doesn't do a lot of damage, but can combo into DA or nuetral b at lower percents.
Uthrow: Throws them up and shoots them with the Dark Pit Staff, like Lyn's uthrow. The shot cannot be avoided by DI and the throw+the shot kills around 180.
Dthrow: Throws them down and slashes them with claws in a similar animation to Lyn's dthrow. Has an angle like Mario's dthrow at mid percents, allowing it to combo into fair spike at low percents. Not very useful after 40-ish percent however.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kinda like Hillary Clinton's chances at being president. Oh noes, I just made an arbitrary political joke without putting any effort behind it. I CAN'T GO BACK TO JAIL!!!!!! *runs away*
Trump has found you

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
Anyone seen anything about Earth recently? Last I'd heard he was picking up Corrin, hopefully not as an eventual replacement main...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Corrin us a sub main for Earth now(Pit's still his main though)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Anyone seen anything about Earth recently? Last I'd heard he was picking up Corrin, hopefully not as an eventual replacement main...
I've honestly never seen him play at a Smash tournament. I've seen Nairo, I've seen Pink Fresh when he played him, I've seen Kira get salty after getting rekt at a tournament, but I haven't seen Earth.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I've honestly never seen him play at a Smash tournament. I've seen Nairo, I've seen Pink Fresh when he played him, I've seen Kira get salty after getting rekt at a tournament, but I haven't seen Earth.

Though, the most recent video on Shi-G that I saw had Earth using Corrin.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
He played Cloud briefly too. I don't think it'll stick... If anything we should be worrying about when he switches to Sheik since (IIRC) he had her as his secondary in Brawl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He played Cloud briefly too. I don't think it'll stick... If anything we should be worrying about when he switches to Sheik since (IIRC) he had her as his secondary in Brawl.
Watch your damn mouth

Though, the most recent video on Shi-G that I saw had Earth using Corrin.

Beautiful games from Earth

But so far we can say this

Mains::4pit::4fox:(more so than Corrin and Edge Pit)
Sub::4corrinf:
Team Battle Main::4darkpit:

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It's official: I've hinted at this before, but now it's official: I'm going to Outfoxx'd this month. However, just to be clear, I'll be under the name NecromanceRr.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
It's official: I've hinted at this before, but now it's official: I'm going to Outfoxx'd this month. However, just to be clear, I'll be under the name NecromanceRr.
Good luck. :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Change to John Cena

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey, good luck :3

What characters are you gonna use? :4darkpit:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
My reaction after seeing SpiderMan with facial expression in Civil War

Though I don't get the camera sound effects

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My reaction after seeing SpiderMan with facial expression in Civil War

Though I don't get the camera sound effects

I think his suit is made by Stark(unless the obvious is somehow wrong), explaining the camera sound effects in his eyes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Best explanation really. Still, facial expressions!

I seriously can't believe that Sony has never given Spidey his facial expressions in the movies, yet they did it in Spider-Man(the 2003 CGI Animated Series that was on MTV)and The Spectacular Spider-Man(1st season on the WBkids/CW4Kids and season 2 on Disney XD, with Nicktoons in the UK and Vortexx airing the entire show on their channels aswell)

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
Well earth apparently went full Corrin at Sumabuto, and saw someone say in cci that Pit is too honest to truly be good enough to compete...

Thoughts?

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
So it seems Dark Pit is way more popular and has better results than Pit.
Good job all Dpit mains out there!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So it seems Dark Pit is way more popular and has better results than Pit.
Good job all Dpit mains out there!
You might wanna recheck your stuff; o check the Smashboards ranking system(shows how many 1st place wins each character gains)

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Well, guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and collect some hard data, to serve as an example.

I.

Let's take a look at the Smashboards tournament ranking results (by character) for events from Feb 1st - Now:

Several interesting things jump out, but let's break it down.

II.

The percentages are the % of players (of that character) who placed at the corresponding levels. In theory, this should be a similar spread for characters of all skill levels, if we assume that that players are themselves automatically filtering for tiers and only playing their best character(s).

In more advanced theory, we'd expect to see a slight tilt for higher-tier characters having higher percentages, merely because the most competitive "spike" mindset players (who win more as a group) will gravitate towards them.

We see important exceptions to this trend:

We all know that :4yoshi: has a top-level problem, but according to the data :4villager: and :4greninja: suffer similar fates in the aggregate smash community. Yes, iStudying and Ranai have made their few wins pretty big ones, but the general trend within this period still stands.

Always just short.

:4rob: and :4myfriends: are disproportionately played by people who perform really well with them. ROB is actually just, really strongly performing period.

Shockingly (to me), :4zss: wins relatively rarely for the pool of players that play her; she's more popular with the broader smash community than we (I?) assumed.

I've long said that feminine characters (including Jiggs), extreme heavyweights, and :4drmario: specifically all have abnormally high character loyalty such that they are played disproportionately by experienced mains only.

But muh wifu!

I've also suggested in private that this has a radical warping effect on win-rates relative to tier strength--and we see that here. All of those characters exhibit abnormally high Top 16 or Top 8 placement rates relative to the number of players using them--ESPECIALLY :4charizard: and :4dedede:, who may be even more dominant at lower level play than we suspected.

Curiously :4wario: is included in this pattern while :4lucina: is not, which is an important lesson about gender identity and assumptions.

III.

Returning to the top of the rankings, we see some surprising results. We can get a general placement score by combining the top 16/8/1 placements, weighted significantly towards the latter. We can see that 5/6ths of the entire cast falls within one standard deviation of the average score, with all the outliers being on the top.

The elephant in the room is that :4cloud: is king, and a whole boatload of people are both playing and winning with :4mario: at all levels of play. Looking back historically, this was no February fluke; Mario has been popular (and unlike Falcon, winning) everywhere for a long time.

Zero might not be worried about them, but this is currently the most typical Grand Finals in Smash 4.

What's striking is just how much stronger performing these two characters were over this period, about an entire standard deviation each above the others. In fact, if you were to turn this into a results list, it might look pretty shocking:

TOP LEVEL VIABLE:
SS: :4cloud:
S: :4mario:
A+: :4diddy::4bayonetta::4sheik:
A-: :4falcon::4corrin:
B+: :rosalina::4rob::4ness:
B-: :4metaknight::4zss::4fox::4luigi:
C+: :4yoshi::4pikachu::4sonic::4myfriends::4ryu:

NOT TOP LEVEL VIABLE:
C-: :4tlink::4marth::4villager::4littlemac::4greninja::4link::4peach::4mewtwo:
D+: :4wario2::4dedede::4kirby::4bowser::4falco::4pit::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4lucario::4feroy::4ganondorf::4dk:
E+: :4gaw::4robinm::4megaman::4jigglypuff::4lucas::4palutena::4shulk::4wiifit::4samus:
E-: :4lucina::4charizard::4drmario::4pacman::4olimar::4duckhunt::4zelda:

Note: I didn't include the Miis, because we (as a community) don't play with them much. (So there isn't enough data to submit for analysis.)

IV.

Now, I already here you protesting: Results don't automatically equal tiers.

Wait, who said anything about tier lists? I never said tier list. You said tier list!

Results are reality, tiers are theory--an expectation of future reality at a given level of play. The problem is that defining that level of play is hard, and almost everyone ends up overshooting.

We like to say that a tier list is exclusively supposed to measure "top-level play", but what exactly is top level play? Is it just Zero?

THE OFFICIAL TOP LEVEL SMASH 4 TIER LIST
Zero Tier: :4diddy::4sheik:
Not-Zero Tier: Everyone Else.

A tier list may be top-level, but even top-level should be a considerable range.

What if we limit our results data to just the top 500 ranked players? That's a really small pool of the millions of players that play Smash, but it turns out that the overwhelming majority of the results in our rankings already come from those players. In fact, I originally intended to run two separate sets of data (all players and top 500 only), but there was no point since the results were the same. (Since it was the same data!)

In other words, the temptation to attribute this list to the mouth-breathing For Glory masses doesn't fly. Smashboards' ranking methodology isn't perfect and the data is often incomplete, but it should be fairly representative for the questions we are asking.

Results indeed aren't the same as tiers, but whenever they are at odds, the burden of explanation always falls on theory rather than reality. Results are never wrong, and can never be truly dismissed.

V.

To anyone who has been around competitive gaming long enough, it shouldn't be a surprise that the reality of which characters are actually winning the most has poor correlation with the echo chamber that is public opinion.

My shenanigans aside, this is a prime moment to reflect on both how limited the bounds of our own discussion are relative to the broader smash community and how we treat new users who offer us new perspectives. (Even if those new users are just a-hole moderators in thinly-veiled disguise.)

Why did a new user posting this information (albeit with minimal context) yield vitriol, reports, and zero likes? Why did the posts like mine poking fun at a new user get a whole bunch of likes?

Why is it that I can sit here typing all this out in advance, knowing with 100% certainty that this is exactly how it's going to go down?

Thanks for the internet points, suckas!

Yes, we're all cool Internet nerds who are great at video games, and God only knows I will take the prize for smug know-it-all who takes his wit too far. But we have got to cultivate a community that is not merely tolerant, but willing to engage with fresh faces (and the often... unconventional ideas they bring to the table).

"Git gud" is not a viable path to the future of Smash, even in the survival-of-the-fittest jungle that is the CCI thread.

Btw, my lawyers want me to remind everyone that alternate accounts are against the Global Rules of Smashboards and are considered major Terms of Service violations and grounds for banning.

VI.

Anyway, where were we? Ah, right:

Please discuss anything you think is out of place!
I just leave this here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom