• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Then how am I only getting 8%?

You lucky dastard.

Though I think I might have found a nice little kill set up for Pit the doesn't work for Pittoo.
Spill it out then man...spill out dem secrets or I gut em out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
secretkpop obvs the best emote :secretkpop:

Right after is :happysheep:

It's because it's staling

Even if you don't connect the hits and only get one of the hits it stale and no longer fresh

And I'm pretty sure a fresh nair does 9% because the base damage is 8.9% not 10%

And I'd like to hear your kill set up~ :happysheep:
:happysheep:is better, to much :secretkpop:makes me believe this website is only anime

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This makes absolutely zero sense at all
You proved my point of pointing that is known as the proofining of proofs

Anime can corrupt a person when they spam :secretkpop:

-A Very Smart Turtle not named Donnie/Donatello

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
You proved my point of pointing that is known as the proofining of proofs

Anime can corrupt a person when they spam :secretkpop:

-A Very Smart Turtle not named Donnie/Donatello
But I don't watch tr4sh anime :secretkpop:

Anyway how's life angels? :happysheep:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That moment when you run into a bunch of elitist clan ****heads on a casual game ;-;
Finally get Splatoon? Stealth "Splatoon is a casual game" lmao.

Speaking of which, funny story. I miiiiight of started the whole stacking damage ups on E-liters thing. Yaknow, the really OP thing they nerfed the heck out of a patch or two ago. Was browsing Squidboards for kicks and looked through some old discussion on chargers and lo and behold, I'm all "blah blah damage up is useless on other weapons because damage caps but it would probably reduce the minimum charge required" and people brushed it off immediately for opening gambit and junk. Gets funnier when you take into account that I'm a Squiffer main and didn't have any decent damage equipment until a month or two ago, much less a set with max attack.

Anyway how's life angels? :happysheep:

Busy, like usual. Although I'm going to steal borrow Woolly World from my kid brother and beat it in a day and return it like I did Captain Toad before. A shame all the games I like are almost comically short... Well, besides Xenoblade. Nearly 100 hours so far and I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on the final boss's doorstep. Probably going to squeeze another 50 from the optional content at least.

With Megaman Zero 4 arriving on the eshop though, it's about all I can think about when I get time to daydream. Well, Zero 2 namely since I haven't gotten around to that yet... Ugh, but I don't need another distraction from Xenoblade. It's hard to resist the urge to get back to an old favorite.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Megaman Zero is my favourite character ever i would actually start worshipping Sakurai if Zero had made it in the game as a fighter (his megaman zero version not X). LancerStaff LancerStaff you absolutely must play megaman Zero 2. MMZ > Xenoblade anyday.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

No, unfortunately. I may never own Splatoon... I know for a fact that that game isn't all that casual if you go ranked especially. My friend told me that ranked mode is a cluster****.
Splatoon=ESports

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
:happysheep:is better, to much :secretkpop:makes me believe this website is only anime
:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:
Megaman Zero is my favourite character ever i would actually start worshipping Sakurai if Zero had made it in the game as a fighter (his megaman zero version not X). .
But that raises the question. If Zero was put in Smash 4, would ZeRo main him?
And Pit's life is perfect...but to much Pit shipings
If by perfect, you mean getting picked on by everyone whose name doesn't begin with a P, then yes, Pit's life is perfect.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

But that raises the question. If Zero was put in Smash 4, would ZeRo main him?

If by perfect, you mean getting picked on by everyone whose name doesn't begin with a P, then yes, Pit's life is perfect.
The he kills Hades, gets all the best shipping in Smash, gets all the women, most enemies in Smash Run, better fighter than his leader/goddess/best friend, is a cinnamon roll, beat Pittoo alot, rolls around at the speed of sound, is a literal chicken who takes 3 steps and then forgets, and is Mother ****ing Pit

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That moment when you run into a bunch of elitist clan ****heads on a casual game ;-;

The male leaders of society, systematically oppressing us through taxes and other laws.
Do you mean politicians?

I tagged you in a post with the stream link.

It always did 10% max.....
But even fresh I only get 8%

secretkpop obvs the best emote :secretkpop:

Right after is :happysheep:

It's because it's staling

Even if you don't connect the hits and only get one of the hits it stale and no longer fresh

And I'm pretty sure a fresh nair does 9% because the base damage is 8.9% not 10%

And I'd like to hear your kill set up~ :happysheep:
Yeah even fresh and landing all hrs I've only ever manage to get 8%

Eh, after some testing, I'm not sure how reliable this kill set up is (it's not a true combo, just a mix up) though in some cases it may be able to kill a few % earlier.

It's Dthrow -> Upper Dash

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
But even fresh I only get 8%

Yeah even fresh and landing all hrs I've only ever manage to get 8%

Eh, after some testing, I'm not sure how reliable this kill set up is (it's not a true combo, just a mix up) though in some cases it may be able to kill a few % earlier.

It's Dthrow -> Upper Dash
Hm, try testing it in training mode on a character that's not Bowser Jr.

Moves don't stale there :3

Like, aerial upperdash or read the air dodge and upperdash?

Edit: nvm don't answer that lol

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hm, try testing it in training mode on a character that's not Bowser Jr.

Moves don't stale there :3

Like, aerial upperdash or read the air dodge and upperdash?

Edit: nvm don't answer that lol
Why not Bjr?

Also, its aerial upperdash but you will have to bait out an air dodge or an attack

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Why not Bjr?

Also, its aerial upperdash but you will have to bait out an air dodge or an attack
Because jr has different properties with his clown car

He'll receive less damage if you hit the car but more if you hit his acual body

So using him for testing isn't too great

And I tried your mixup~

On training mode it can kill WFT at 117% on FD :3 Unless there's some sort of sweetspot on the arms I never heard before or just the placement of the char....

It can actually be pretty good to read airdodges but I think the majority of the people will just jump, mostly because Pit doesn't really have anything big that doesn't require a dodge read

Of course Dark Pit's can kill more earlier near the ledge but that's a pretty big risk lol. Better of with Pit's.

Remember this is all with no DI, rage, or staleness~

Oh and Pit just squeaks so much when he's shorthopping lmao. Like, I honestly wasn't expecting that

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

And I tried your mixup~

On training mode it can kill WFT at 117% on FD :3 Unless there's some sort of sweetspot on the arms I never heard before or just the placement of the char....

It can actually be pretty good to read airdodges but I think the majority of the people will just jump, mostly because Pit doesn't really have anything big that doesn't require a dodge read

Of course Dark Pit's can kill more earlier near the ledge but that's a pretty big risk lol. Better of with Pit's.

Oh and Pit just squeaks so much when he's shorthopping lmao. Like, I honestly wasn't expecting that
Roys our Boys

Also, just use Mario, DeDeDe, Jiggs, and Cloud as a punching bag for each weight class(and 3rd party characters)

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Honestly when I go for aairdodge reads I use charged usmash or fsmash on fast fallers, kills way earlier and less punishable. I only use aerial upperdash when chasing people really high up in the air after an usmash or something, uppper dash moves faster in the air than most characters aerial mobility so its really good for catching airdodges. Ive gotten kills as early as 50% like that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

And I tried your mixup~

Oh, I remember reading that somewhere. Didn't think it was a thing. I never notice.

Yeah, and it seems stage depend. Cause unless Mario is much heavier than I thought, I couldn't kill him until 125%, with rage, and may as well just kill him with ground Upper.

Yeah, like I said, it's more a mix up, since you have to account DI and what not.

Honestly when I go for aairdodge reads I use charged usmash or fsmash on fast fallers, kills way earlier and less punishable. I only use aerial upperdash when chasing people really high up in the air after an usmash or something, uppper dash moves faster in the air than most characters aerial mobility so its really good for catching airdodges. Ive gotten kills as early as 50% like that.
Yeah, my thoughts behind it are similar to that of Sonic Up Air kills. While the move isn't all that powerful, if close enough the the blast zone, you could very much kill the opponent very early.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y U SO SMART?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Megaman Zero is my favourite character ever i would actually start worshipping Sakurai if Zero had made it in the game as a fighter (his megaman zero version not X). LancerStaff LancerStaff you absolutely must play megaman Zero 2. MMZ > Xenoblade anyday.
I mean, I've 100%ed the entire sub series already... Definitely going to get at it again though.

Zero's also one of my all-time favorite characters, but as much as I want to see him in Smash, he's not really a good choice in moveset terms. He's lacking an immediate gimmick like Shulk or Robin, and as far as playstyle goes we have all the bases covered. Either something between Link and Ike for his X incarnation, or something treading on either Roy or Cloud's territory for MMZ. (Funnily he does have moves like Roy's Blazer and Cloud's Blade Beam, but I'm talking about him being fast and (obviously) gimpable with either a ton of powerful attacks but no projectiles or having select powerful attacks mixed with a decent zoning game.)

No, unfortunately. I may never own Splatoon... I know for a fact that that game isn't all that casual if you go ranked especially. My friend told me that ranked mode is a cluster****.
Ranked is pretty tame IMO. Yeah, you'll se a ton of optimal equipment and junk, but then you order it off of them and now you're even. (I was A- for a while but then I got super rusty and fell a ways...) But then again I've spent a ton of time looking at many online games with a hyper competitive mindset, and end up doing things like level 1 critical mode in Kingdom Hearts 2, 100% quests in Xenoblade and getting overall perfect S on MMZ3 out of my need to put my 200% into everything I do. Besides real work.

Right, the data. In the middle position I used a Fox to rack up Mario without moving him, and for the poor position I rolled him away from the ledge like before but put Pittwo behind him.

Mid
:4darkpit::4mario:
0% 110%
50% 105%
70% 100%
90% 90%
110% 85%
130% 80%
150% 75%

Bad
0% 145%
50% 136%
70% 125%
90% 120%
110% 115%
130% 105%
150% 95%

So basically he's still side B the character. Just a little less so when you can push him back. Grounded Electroshock will kill faster then Upperdash in almost any situation, apparently, pretty much solidifying the idea that he's effectively a customized Pit. Haven't gotten the chance to get some numbers with DI though, and that's pretty important considering the electrical effect makes it easier to DI. It'll have to wait though.

Well anyway, probably going to lay low for a while longer. I'll try to stop by more in a week or two, but until then you're probably not going to see much of me because of holiday stuff.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I mean, I've 100%ed the entire sub series already... Definitely going to get at it again though.

Zero's also one of my all-time favorite characters, but as much as I want to see him in Smash, he's not really a good choice in moveset terms. He's lacking an immediate gimmick like Shulk or Robin, and as far as playstyle goes we have all the bases covered. Either something between Link and Ike for his X incarnation, or something treading on either Roy or Cloud's territory for MMZ. (Funnily he does have moves like Roy's Blazer and Cloud's Blade Beam, but I'm talking about him being fast and (obviously) gimpable with either a ton of powerful attacks but no projectiles or having select powerful attacks mixed with a decent zoning game.)

Ranked is pretty tame IMO. Yeah, you'll se a ton of optimal equipment and junk, but then you order it off of them and now you're even. (I was A- for a while but then I got super rusty and fell a ways...) But then again I've spent a ton of time looking at many online games with a hyper competitive mindset, and end up doing things like level 1 critical mode in Kingdom Hearts 2, 100% quests in Xenoblade and getting overall perfect S on MMZ3 out of my need to put my 200% into everything I do. Besides real work.

Right, the data. In the middle position I used a Fox to rack up Mario without moving him, and for the poor position I rolled him away from the ledge like before but put Pittwo behind him.

Mid
0% 110%
50% 105%
70% 100%
90% 90%
110% 85%
130% 80%
150% 75%

Bad
0% 145%
50% 136%
70% 125%
90% 120%
110% 115%
130% 105%
150% 95%

So basically he's still side B the character. Just a little less so when you can push him back. Grounded Electroshock will kill faster then Upperdash in almost any situation, apparently, pretty much solidifying the idea that he's effectively a customized Pit. Haven't gotten the chance to get some numbers with DI though, and that's pretty important considering the electrical effect makes it easier to DI. It'll have to wait though.

Well anyway, probably going to lay low for a while longer. I'll try to stop by more in a week or two, but until then you're probably not going to see much of me because of holiday stuff.
What about Zero's other weapons like his chains, his guns, his rod, his zero palm like a copy ability, his spear, his reflector boomersng thing. Somewhat like link i guess but give him some unique properties like charging and moving with a fsmash (like when you charged his saber) lol, that sounds broken af but i love it. I actully cried when he died :sadeyes:

Also damn those electroshock numbers are ridonkulous im really interested to see how DI affects it. And have a nice holiday :3

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Oh yeah...

Tito Maas Tito Maas
You hear about the Electroshock buff? Kills below 100% regularly now. Don't think you needed to hang up the wings just yet.
Wow, just seeing this post. And yeah, I heard about the buff Day 1. It makes a huge difference; I haven't found a reason to use Pit over Dark Pit now. I'm still going forward maining Cloud but Dark Pit is my strong second now.

I also think Dark Pit is one of the best Cloud counters. I realized this when I knocked a Cloud offstage from the middle of the stage at 85% and he couldn't get back without LB Climhazzard. That, as well as his multiple jumps making it easy to avoid Cloud's insane juggles. Pit would probably be better for gimping offstage, but I still feel like being able to get him off the stage at pretty much any time like Luma is an awesome plus for DP. I think this has been validated a bit by Nairo's dominating this dude named Tweek in a Grand Finals with Dark Pit over Cloud before switching to ZSS and getting flattened.

I hated Pit's lack of kill options (especially when my friends use Ness and Captain Falcon and the like) but Electroarm being so potent stopped me from dropping him, and finally gave me a reason to use him over Pit (DP is my favorite character after all).

But ultimately, as much as I hate Pit a lot of the time... I've never bene able to fully drop him, no matter how many times I've said I would. Dark Pit has always been an icon on my "Smash 4 WiiU mains" section of my profile. He's my favorite character and I've come to the realization that I'll always be playing with Pit here on Smash 4. When I play my very last game of Smash 4... it'll probably be with Pit.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wow, just seeing this post. And yeah, I heard about the buff Day 1. It makes a huge difference; I haven't found a reason to use Pit over Dark Pit now. I'm still going forward maining Cloud but Dark Pit is my strong second now.

I also think Dark Pit is one of the best Cloud counters. I realized this when I knocked a Cloud offstage from the middle of the stage at 85% and he couldn't get back without LB Climhazzard. That, as well as his multiple jumps making it easy to avoid Cloud's insane juggles. Pit would probably be better for gimping offstage, but I still feel like being able to get him off the stage at pretty much any time like Luma is an awesome plus for DP. I think this has been validated a bit by Nairo's dominating this dude named Tweek in a Grand Finals with Dark Pit over Cloud before switching to ZSS and getting flattened.

I hated Pit's lack of kill options (especially when my friends use Ness and Captain Falcon and the like) but Electroarm being so potent stopped me from dropping him, and finally gave me a reason to use him over Pit (DP is my favorite character after all).
Both Pits destroy...I mean do great against Cloud(arrows and gimping powers help)

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
If only there was a confirm to side b...
Also, aerial electroshock is actually useful on stage now. Kills at reasonable % and is much safer on shield.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sorry it's a little late but Merry Christmas Pit mains!

Mid
0% 110%
50% 105%
70% 100%
90% 90%
110% 85%
130% 80%
150% 75%

Bad
0% 145%
50% 136%
70% 125%
90% 120%
110% 115%
130% 105%
150% 95%

I'm guessing the left number is with rage and right is without? Also, what do you mean by "bad" position?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What about Zero's other weapons like his chains, his guns, his rod, his zero palm like a copy ability, his spear, his reflector boomersng thing. Somewhat like link i guess but give him some unique properties like charging and moving with a fsmash (like when you charged his saber) lol, that sounds broken af but i love it. I actully cried when he died :sadeyes:

Also damn those electroshock numbers are ridonkulous im really interested to see how DI affects it. And have a nice holiday :3
Those different weapons don't have a ton of gameplay differences in Smash... Probably why almost all characters in Smash with melee weapons use swords. The rod weapons were always useful in MMZ because Zero effectively didn't have a proper Uair or Dair without them, but in Smash they'd be pretty typical swordsman stuff. Copying stuff is already Kirby's shtick, but I could see some kind of system that'd be more broad and based on items... But Zero's not exactly known for his Z Knuckle and it wouldn't even be that significant. Charge Slash would either get stuck as a holdable Nspecial like the Giant Punch or a chargable thing with limited movement like Kirby's hammer.

Mm, I was sad to see Zero go but he's already died like twenty times. And then they managed to kill him again as a Biometal in ZXA...

But ultimately, as much as I hate Pit a lot of the time... I've never bene able to fully drop him, no matter how many times I've said I would. Dark Pit has always been an icon on my "Smash 4 WiiU mains" section of my profile. He's my favorite character and I've come to the realization that I'll always be playing with Pit here on Smash 4. When I play my very last game of Smash 4... it'll probably be with Pit.
More inclined to think Pit's better against Cloud myself. Big thing is that Pit can pester Cloud right after he's been launched, which means less/later limit breaks. It's pretty significant from what I can tell since I'd usually see one or two less limits in a two stock match.

Sorry it's a little late but Merry Christmas Pit mains!

I'm guessing the left number is with rage and right is without? Also, what do you mean by "bad" position?
Left number is Dark Pit's damage for rage, right is Mario's. Middle position is dead center, bad position is Mario a roll away from the ledge and Dark Pit launching towards the far blastzone.

If only there was a confirm to side b...
Also, aerial electroshock is actually useful on stage now. Kills at reasonable % and is much safer on shield.
Eh... Aerial Electroshock was pretty much just an angle change. Great against Luma but other then that it's not a big difference. Unless they changed the shield mechanics again it can't be safer, as safety is really just damage and endlag and it didn't get the damage buff.

Bthrow's probably a lot more useful on Dark Pit, indirectly. Lower %s it'll lead to tech chase situations (where Electroshock covers everything, just not by the same timing) and higher it's good for getting people into bad positions for relatively early Electroshock gimps.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Those different weapons don't have a ton of gameplay differences in Smash... Probably why almost all characters in Smash with melee weapons use swords. The rod weapons were always useful in MMZ because Zero effectively didn't have a proper Uair or Dair without them, but in Smash they'd be pretty typical swordsman stuff. Copying stuff is already Kirby's shtick, but I could see some kind of system that'd be more broad and based on items... But Zero's not exactly known for his Z Knuckle and it wouldn't even be that significant. Charge Slash would either get stuck as a holdable Nspecial like the Giant Punch or a chargable thing with limited movement like Kirby's hammer.

Mm, I was sad to see Zero go but he's already died like twenty times. And then they managed to kill him again as a Biometal in ZXA...

More inclined to think Pit's better against Cloud myself. Big thing is that Pit can pester Cloud right after he's been launched, which means less/later limit breaks. It's pretty significant from what I can tell since I'd usually see one or two less limits in a two stock match.

Left number is Dark Pit's damage for rage, right is Mario's. Middle position is dead center, bad position is Mario a roll away from the ledge and Dark Pit launching towards the far blastzone.

Eh... Aerial Electroshock was pretty much just an angle change. Great against Luma but other then that it's not a big difference. Unless they changed the shield mechanics again it can't be safer, as safety is really just damage and endlag and it didn't get the damage buff.

Bthrow's probably a lot more useful on Dark Pit, indirectly. Lower %s it'll lead to tech chase situations (where Electroshock covers everything, just not by the same timing) and higher it's good for getting people into bad positions for relatively early Electroshock gimps.
I though Pit being better than Dark Pit against Cloud was obvious

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I though Pit being better than Dark Pit against Cloud was obvious
It's not. Tbh, I really don't have trouble landing arrows with Dark Pit.

Against Cloud, the Electroarm is useful so early in the match that it makes up for any difference that a curvable arrow can make

In what matchups is Pit better than Dark Pit now? I used to use Pit against lighter characters for vertical kills but now the arm difference is so significant that it doesn't matter that much anymore...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's not. Tbh, I really don't have trouble landing arrows with Dark Pit.

Against Cloud, the Electroarm is useful so early in the match that it makes up for any difference that a curvable arrow can make

In what matchups is Pit better than Dark Pit now? I used to use Pit against lighter characters for vertical kills but now the arm difference is so significant that it doesn't matter that much anymore...
So you're telling me that you can gimp Ness/Lucas while they're trying to recover with Dark Pit's arrows?

Arrows, ftilt, and gimping Cloud with Pit is so much better, plus sure DP has his buffed Electroshock, but that's about it...Ftilt doesn't kill for him until a sweet 168% and a sour 221%...

He's still better against light/midweight characters, some of the swordsmen, and anyone with an extremely gimpable recovery...also Shiek and Diddy(both do bad against Zero Suit).

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
So you're telling me that you can gimp Ness/Lucas while they're trying to recover with Dark Pit's arrows?

Arrows, ftilt, and gimping Cloud with Pit is so much better, plus sure DP has his buffed Electroshock, but that's about it...Ftilt doesn't kill for him until a sweet 168% and a sour 221%...

He's still better against light/midweight characters, some of the swordsmen, and anyone with an extremely gimpable recovery...also Shiek and Diddy(both do bad against Zero Suit).
I actually prefer to gimp those characters with Guardian Orbitars, because you have to be a pretty specific distance away to gimp effectively due to the arc on Pit's arrows and the relatively small window to hit the character or PKT. The simplified version: if they're close to the wall, arrows will miss. If they're far from it, it's worth using the GO's. Though after the launch, arrows are effective at disrupting against Ness's path.

The matchup doesn't revolve around FTilt. I'd never tried to kill with Dark Pit's FTilt, but Pit's only kills at 130 with a tipper at the very edge of a stage. Might as well FThrow for all that.

You don't need curvy arrows to gimp Cloud when an Electroarm from the far side of the stage and an FAir will do the same thing.

I may still use Pit against Ness and Lucas. Possibly ZSS because of her mobility. But DP definitely has the advantage in more matchups in my mind, since a lot of the difference was based on the arms anyway.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice

Angle change or not but the truth is that aerial electroshock kills 15% earlier now which makes it a good kill option when you have rage and grounded version would be too risky. Also, i'm not sure what you are talking about but of course aerial side b is much safer than grounded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom