• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword SPOILERS Thread (SPOILERS I TELL YA)

etecoon

Smash Hero
SS' dungeons break the mold at least much more than TP's, TP dungeons are just going through the motions, if you've ever played another 3D zelda you will literally never have to think in that game.

LLDL

Smash Hero
^Thought in TP much more than skyward sword. Breezing through this game casually like it's wii sports is not what I expected.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
SS' dungeons break the mold at least much more than TP's, TP dungeons are just going through the motions, if you've ever played another 3D zelda you will literally never have to think in that game.
I fail to see where SS's dungeons break the mold, that is, if watering them down is mold breaking to you. Throughout every dungeon I was DEFINITELY just going through the motions, just with even less motions to go through. No matter how little thought a TP dungeon took, a SS dungeon took exponentially less.

Personally, I found TP's dungeons to be some of the most challenging (boss fights withstanding). Lakebed, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak, Temple of Time, and the City in the Sky were all very well designed and took more then 45 minutes for me to complete, unlike SS dungeons. The only SS dungeon design that impressed me was Sky Keep.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Tentalus' face was the only thing that was wrong.

But overall, I agree that the bosses are irrelevant. That doesn't make them bad though. I thoroughly enjoyed every boss fight. YES, even the scorpion.
Yeah they aren't bad because of it, I mean they've always done it, just seems to lack in juxtaposition to all the detail they put into the world, the characters, and everything else.

Ha the scorpion was fun... though I think that one took less time than fighting the Earth Temple boss in the boss rush (which took me, a not very good player, two minutes without getting touched).

Well, it was. Surely, you don't think SS's dungeons provoked more thought. They were a joke entirely.

And Spire I feel the same way about Tentalus. One of my friends who's not a big Zelda fan came in the room while I was fighting it and he made fun of how silly Tentalus looked the whole time. Not one of the best bosses.
Haha that is what my brother did when I was fighting him, though personally I don't mind his appearance at all.

I fail to see where SS's dungeons break the mold, that is, if watering them down is mold breaking to you. Throughout every dungeon I was DEFINITELY just going through the motions, just with even less motions to go through. No matter how little thought a TP dungeon took, a SS dungeon took exponentially less.

Personally, I found TP's dungeons to be some of the most challenging (boss fights withstanding). Lakebed, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak, Temple of Time, and the City in the Sky were all very well designed and took more then 45 minutes for me to complete, unlike SS dungeons. The only SS dungeon design that impressed me was Sky Keep.
It is hard for me to accurately judge it with you guys since my Twilight Princess has been untouched ever since I beat it the week I got it from the Wii launch and then was borrowed from someone, then I moved several states over. O_O I suppose you are probably right though, the Ship was very small and basically was "Get the bow, get the timeshift stone on the mast, get the two engines running, get the boss key, kill boss." And Fire Sanctuary was based on digging and water droplets... and the Ancient Cistern pales in comparison to Ocarina's and Majora's water temples. From memory I think the dungeons were more difficult in TP and larger except the last two. I remember my cousin watching the map light up for the first dungeon, and he had beaten TP, going, "...Is that it?" So yeah, I suppose I agree.

I just think TP is like a Super Link game, and the dungeons were basic in theme and just Super standard Zelda stuff. Link was Super Link (like, a dozen sword techniques, the ability to slash while moving, unlike SS which annoyed me a bit) and had a Super Item Pouch with so many items and then Super Armor (the one that drains rupees, which is fine since there isn't anything to do with your money in that game anyhow). Plus he can turn into a wolf, TP Link would kick SS Link's ***. Oh and Ganondorf was Super Ganondorf, since that fight with him was long and epic. SS to me just tried to be different and focus on other things, so some things like dungeon complexity suffered perhaps.

Spire

III
BRoomer
For a game that took 5 years to develop, you'd think they would have spent a little more time questioning their aesthetic decisions besides Miyamoto's revolt against the style hinted at in the E3 2009 concept art. Like Tentalus.

The largest monsters in this game (larger than even The Imprisoned) were Tentalus and Levias. The former's title is "Abyssal Leviathan" and the latter's name literally comes from... Leviathan. Arg, semantics, whatever. Still, the inconsistency in believable anatomy (within the stylized confines of SS) between large foes irked me. Levias is aesthetically sound, finding much kinship with the general feel of the game, while Tentalus is a giant cartoon hand puppet that inflicts severe damage upon the WHOLE dungeon you just conquered. Surely they could have given us a more epic fight given the circumstances. He just felt so out of place.

No matter how you fight a boss, if it doesn't look threatening, that necessary psychological connection between player and foe is unfounded. For an already sub-par dungeon, Tentalus wrecked all immersion. Scervo was excellent... why follow him up with THAT?

Furthermore, had there at least been a build-up to Tentalus, perhaps some ancient writing on the ship, the shipyard, the pirate fortress, the captain's house—something foreshadowing a "massive sea beast", we could have carried such anxiety through the dungeon. For what appeared to be a rather shallow sea, where the HELL did Tentalus come from? And why could we blast Moblins on sandbars, but could not exit the boat to retrieve their spoils? Arrrgg, Skyward Sword is more irritable in retrospect.

etecoon

Smash Hero
sand ship was a subpar dungeon?

this thread is just offensive today

I do agree that tentalus' aesthetics were pretty weak though

I thought that the Lanayru Mining Facility dungeon (#3) was a really really good dungeon.

As in it was thought provoking and took more than 45 minutes to complete.

Spire

III
BRoomer
sand ship was a subpar dungeon?

this thread is just offensive today

I do agree that tentalus' aesthetics were pretty weak though
Yeah, it was a subpar dungeon. I guess with the pirate ship aesthetic, I expected a bit more than an arbitrarily rectangular ship populated by ancient bokoblins. It had some variety in its denizens, like a few beamos but really, did Scervo lead a legion of bokoblins? I thought that bokoblins were far overused in this game, populating just about every area of the surface. I appreciated the advent of actual moblins later on in the game, but really, who ran that pirate fortress? Was it Scervo and a bunch of bokoblins? I expected to encounter Scervo and a bunch of renegade robots. Would have sealed the deal.

It was obvious they were trying to deviate from the concepts related to pirate ships—they should have tried harder. It was never too different or too original, thus a lukewarm experience. And lukewarm is subpar. The most interesting part of that whole dungeon (again, besides Scervo) were the puzzles that resolved by shooting the timeshift stone from beneath the deck. I thought, "oh wow, a good puzzle, keep it up Ninty!" And then Tentalus.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, it was a subpar dungeon. I guess with the pirate ship aesthetic, I expected a bit more than an arbitrarily rectangular ship populated by ancient bokoblins. It had some variety in its denizens, like a few beamos but really, did Scervo lead a legion of bokoblins? I thought that bokoblins were far overused in this game, populating just about every area of the surface. I appreciated the advent of actual moblins later on in the game, but really, who ran that pirate fortress? Was it Scervo and a bunch of bokoblins? I expected to encounter Scervo and a bunch of renegade robots. Would have sealed the deal.

It was obvious they were trying to deviate from the concepts related to pirate ships—they should have tried harder. It was never too different or too original, thus a lukewarm experience. And lukewarm is subpar. The most interesting part of that whole dungeon (again, besides Scervo) were the puzzles that resolved by shooting the timeshift stone from beneath the deck. I thought, "oh wow, a good puzzle, keep it up Ninty!" And then Tentalus.
Yeah, I was expecting some robot pirates, but there was one, and they were indeed lazy enough to use another one later on in a different dungeon, another good example of just repeating enemy designs and altering them a margin. Bokoblins were quite overdone as well, I did think that while playing. Though I really enjoyed Moblins who took like 20 slashes to kill. XP Weren't very hard to beat either, basically had to scale his shield and get behind him until it falls over.

Ancient writings definitely would have sufficed. Also, how did Tentalus get to the ship? The timeshift stone's radius alone is alone to make it absolutely nonsense for it to roam in-- but wait, how could it roam in if it was dead in the sandsea? Unless I am missing something here?

Mining Facility was pretty good.
Definitely agree, the Timeshift stones were used really well there, in fact that is the only really new theme for a dungeon they had in the game beyond Sky Keep's room puzzle.

Though we are critiquing some rather thoughtless things, I do still love the game immensely, in most areas it is a step in the right direction.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

You forgot to add that Pirate Ships are waaaaaaay overdone and Nintendo's inclusion of it this time was nothing close to subtle. Where the hell does a robot captain come from, and since when do robots designed for mining decide to go on nautical adventures. That entire section of the game was sooooooo forced I couldn't stand it. Honestly, that entire section of the game seems thrown together lazily as if the designers themselves said, "I can't believe we have to make a ****ing pirate stage again."

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
Just finished the game, loved every bit of it. Except Demise was a joke. Damn that fight was a let down.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh wow, I almost activated that game breaking glitch :X!

I did the Thunder Dragon part first and almost spoke to Golo after completing it. It's even kind of implied to go speak with Golo as he expressed interest in learning of the three dragons. I wanted to inform him, but figured I'd wait til the next time I ventured to Lanayru Desert. Phew, the gods must have been watching over me!

Also, for a debug team who tested the game over 600 hours, they skipped this glitch? Yet another BAD trait carried over from Twilight Princess.

@Holder of the Heel & MuraRengen—Yeah, I totally agree. Even though it's a fantasy game where anything can happen, there are logical precedents in the Zelda series, and this broke a few bounds! The whole Sand Sea portion was obviously lifted from WW/PH/ST and was more or less a nod to those games. You had the boat aspect from WW/PH and the rail-riding from ST. The Sand Ship was more or less another Ghost Ship. Also, chasing it around in the desert was annoying considering how fast and agile such a giant ship was. It could make 45 degree turns like nothing. The most I got from the Sand Sea experience was traveling to the captain robot's house (can't remember his name), clawshotting to the ceiling and seeing a Helicopter Whale maquette (which alluded to Levias). It was nice foreshadowing, but was unfortunately the only foreshadowing to ANYTHING in this entire section of the game. It felt incomplete. From the cheap coral textures to the uneventful non-cinematic of Tentalus breaking into the ship upon entering the boss room, I felt like this was perhaps the last part of the game developed, rushed for release even.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Twilight Princess had some very good dungeons (Arbiters, Snowpeak, Sky), but the rest were pretty mediocre.

I thought all the dungeons in Skyward Sword were pretty good, with 3,4 and 5 being awesome. 7 was really neat too.

It's really close, but right now I'd have to say SS>TP dungeon wise. This might change in a year, as it's really close.

MM>MQ>SS>TP>OOT>WW dungeon wise.

The bosses in both games were awesome, but I'd have to take Skyward Sword in this category too. BOSS 4 HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I think it's mutually agreed that Koloktos is one of the best bosses ever.

@Anth0ny- MM, best dungeons. Damn, I hated them all except Ikana.

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Woodall Temple is my favorite first dungeon in the series. I look forward to it every time I play MM. Snowhead's treacherous but I've grown to love it. And Great Bay is just glorious. A lot of people hate it (Gyorg is the hardest boss in the series IMO) but wow, it's one of my favorites ever. Hell what am I saying, MM's dungeons are all top tier.

etecoon

Smash Hero
gyorg is no where near the hardest for me and I don't particularly like that fight, but I love great bay temple, second best water dungeon after ancient cistern

I like MM's dungeons a lot in general, SS trumps it but I like how both games have no filler dungeons, I always hate having to play the childhood dungeons in OoT. I've never liked the "only 4 dungeons!" argument, I'd rather have 4 good ones than 8-10 where 3 or 4 of them are filler

Spire

III
BRoomer
Inside the Deku Tree will forever be one of the most important parts of gaming for me though.

Arg, bonus dungeons in your future remakes Ninty! Bonus dungeons!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Almost just activated that glitch. Do you know how MAD I would have been?!?! RAWRR

Anth0ny

Smash Master

Windfall isn't anything special, but first dungeons are never anything special.

Snowpeak are Great Bay top tier, and mother ****ing Stone Tower is the best is the series.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Windfall was a town, not a dungeon. WW's first dungeon was the Forsaken Fortress. WW's first real dungeon was Dragon Roost Cavern.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
gyorg is no where near the hardest for me and I don't particularly like that fight, but I love great bay temple, second best water dungeon after ancient cistern

I like MM's dungeons a lot in general, SS trumps it but I like how both games have no filler dungeons, I always hate having to play the childhood dungeons in OoT. I've never liked the "only 4 dungeons!" argument, I'd rather have 4 good ones than 8-10 where 3 or 4 of them are filler
Define a filler dungeon. Pirate ship, ancient cistern, fire sanctuary, and sky keep all qualify as filler dungeons to me.

I mean really, if the goddess' plan is to help me save the world, she could at least do me a favor and not put every ****ing thing I need in a temple. "Hey Link, you gotta go find these sacred flames, but I put them in temples to unnecessarily waste your time. Better hope Demise doesn't break out of his seal while you solve this puzzle. Sorry about that."

Especially the obtaining the Triforce. SOOOOOO unnecessary because in earlier games people can call forth the triforce just by having all the marks on their hands.

Still, I dislike most of MM's dungeons. Especially Great Bay. However, Goht is quite possibly the most fun boss to fight. Right now, I'm trying to decide between him and Koloktos.

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Mmm...interesting. Takashi Nagasako provided the voice for Demise. Ironically, Nagasako provided voice clips for Ganondorf in both Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

Looks like my character past life voice actor theory has one heck of a fact to back it up. No, it's different than typecasting. shifts eyes

Anyone else reminded of Star Bits by the Gratitude Crystals?

Big_R

Smash Champion
I like how they basically said they will never stop making Zelda games. Demise said his hate will live forever. Love will live forever as well. This is a video game to show a grand version of that battle, where love triumphs, although it doesn't always.. But the battle exists everywhere. I never understand why people don't want to take the beauty of that into their own lives and instead say..."It's just a game".

I think it should be appreciated as art. It something you interact with and it affects you. It's like saying the bible is just a book, not that I'm way behind Christianity or anything. Weird that people are quick to gloss over the good in something.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, artistry in gaming is split between didacticism and interpretive altruism. Make what you will.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Define a filler dungeon. Pirate ship, ancient cistern, fire sanctuary, and sky keep all qualify as filler dungeons to me.

I mean really, if the goddess' plan is to help me save the world, she could at least do me a favor and not put every ****ing thing I need in a temple. "Hey Link, you gotta go find these sacred flames, but I put them in temples to unnecessarily waste your time. Better hope Demise doesn't break out of his seal while you solve this puzzle. Sorry about that."

Especially the obtaining the Triforce. SOOOOOO unnecessary because in earlier games people can call forth the triforce just by having all the marks on their hands.

Still, I dislike most of MM's dungeons. Especially Great Bay. However, Goht is quite possibly the most fun boss to fight. Right now, I'm trying to decide between him and Koloktos.
I would figure that the fires would be placed in places that were safe and hard to reach, and that they worked as a part of the trials the chosen one had to use to grow (like seriously, you get six heart pieces from doing them and almost all your items). And are you sure they all could just summon the triforce? I don't recall that... Ganondorf was always looking for the complete thing, in WW you had to collect each ****ing piece (I actually dropped the game at that point from how annoying it was to deal with Tingle and all that water). And I don't know, collecting all of the pieces in the "Spirit Realm" things were kind of neat to me at least.

MM's dungeons always had great music, and the water one was actually challenging (and the stone one if I can recall might have been as well). The first boss was fun too, I loved putting on the bunny mask my first play through and just chase after him as he jumped around, sooo much fun ha.

Almost just activated that glitch. Do you know how MAD I would have been?!?! RAWRR
I was potentially going to on my Hero Mode file until I saw that... I would have quit right then and there.

I really liked taking his swords! Tried to walk out of the room with it but it made me drop it. >__> I was like, "Awww... this totally beats the Goddess Sword..." I'm pretty sure it does loads more damage, in the Boss Rush mode I tried to hit him with the Master Sword at that part and it was either taking forever or not working and I had to switch to his big *** blades.

Just finished the game, loved every bit of it. Except Demise was a joke. Damn that fight was a let down.
I agree that the scope was quite small compared to TP's final boss, and it was easy if you knew the lightning trick for the second half. (I didn't my first play through, not even my special guide mentioned it, I had to work around his electric blade. Think I went through four fairies. e_e) But yeah, the first part is easy and the second goes even faster if you know that "trick". But personally his scenes were too epic for me to care too much about that.

Edit: Also, what do you guys think of the weapon selection in SS? (not the adventure pouch).

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I would figure that the fires would be placed in places that were safe and hard to reach, and that they worked as a part of the trials the chosen one had to use to grow (like seriously, you get six heart pieces from doing them and almost all your items). And are you sure they all could just summon the triforce? I don't recall that... Ganondorf was always looking for the complete thing, in WW you had to collect each ****ing piece (I actually dropped the game at that point from how annoying it was to deal with Tingle and all that water). And I don't know, collecting all of the pieces in the "Spirit Realm" things were kind of neat to me at least.
That's because you've played enough Zelda games to know when to expect a temple. I understand Nintendo's mindset about important ancient artifact needing to be in temples, but that doesn't mean it makes sense. The temples serve literally no purpose in the story world but ot waste time. Keeping them "safe" isn't exactly an issue. The Goddess Sword was pretty safe, and it didn't need to be in a temple to be obtained. And it's not as though the temples themselves kept evil out. Ghirahim got to the end of the Fire Sanctuary without much trouble (considering he can teleport), but he can't exactly DO anythign to the sacred flame there. The only thing he can do is stop Link, and that can be done without him needing to be placed as a boss in a meaningless dungeon. Starting from the first flame, ALL the dungeons serve no purpose to the story. They are not explicitly described as a trial, so there's no reason to assume they are one. And if they are, then goddamn Hylia, how many times do I have to prove myself to you?

I've got no problem with the dungeons being in the game, but I just take exception to etecoon's comment about other games having "filler" dungeons and praising SS, when 4/7 of the dungeons serve no narrative necessity at all.

Just as a refresher, in WW, at the end Ganondorf calls forth the triforce from the hands of Link and Zelda. He does not have to enter some secret realm, all that is required is the presence of the three marks of the people who hold the respective pieces. Assumedly, in OoT, Ganondorf was about to do the same thing in the final battle, he just had to defeat Link and Zelda before he could do it without resistance. It seems more than clear that the Triforce, in the future, can be called without entering the Silent Realm, even though the Triforce is a physical entity that can be obtained manually, as Ganondorf did in OoT when he entered the Sacred Realm, as Link does in WW searching for the pieces. So I see no reason for Nintendo to make Link go get i when he could easily just call it forth. It's just another reason for them to throw in another temple, AKA FILLER.

And, if I wanted to be REALLY nit-picky, I could go on about how the first three dungeons are filler because technically Zelda should've already solved every puzzle and opened every door before Link got in.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Just as a refresher, in WW, at the end Ganondorf calls forth the triforce from the hands of Link and Zelda. He does not have to enter some secret realm, all that is required is the presence of the three marks of the people who hold the respective pieces. Assumedly, in OoT, Ganondorf was about to do the same thing in the final battle, he just had to defeat Link and Zelda before he could do it without resistance. It seems more than clear that the Triforce, in the future, can be called without entering the Silent Realm, even though the Triforce is a physical entity that can be obtained manually, as Ganondorf did in OoT when he entered the Sacred Realm, as Link does in WW searching for the pieces. So I see no reason for Nintendo to make Link go get i when he could easily just call it forth. It's just another reason for them to throw in another temple, AKA FILLER.
I believe it was brosuke who said that in this game,the triforce is not bound to any spirits yet.In all other games,the triforce has been bonded to the three spirits that inevitable settle in the link-zelda-ganondorf trio of the time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Remember the temples from Final Fantasy X? Remember how there were actually people in the foyers praying? Remember how there were side rooms where the priests resided and such? Why can't Zelda temples be like this. Why are all Zelda temples overrun with foes and in the rare case that you encounter some friendlies (like the Mogmas), they're never using the Temple for its original purpose. In the Zelda games, every "temple" is derelict, unused, and repopulated by monsters whose psychology—I suppose—renders the temples as caves in which to inhabit? None are currently used for worship of any sort.

At least in OoT we had the Temple of Time, and while the only other person you ever encounter within the Temple is Sheik (Rauru if you count the Temple of Light), it's at least right there in Hyrule Castle Town. It appeared to be the local church of those people.

I think a little more culture (not the extinct kind) would lend a breath of liveliness to these crypts. I want to see how the Temple is used; more clutter, less empty rooms. The Goron Mines from TP was an excellent example of a) a Zelda dungeon, and b) how a Zelda dungeon functions without Link. Honestly, not one dungeon from SS tops the excellence of that work.

Blah, in retrospect, I like SS less and less. It just didn't live up to the five year hype that trailed its release. I really expected them to fill the game with easter eggs, Hyrulean cultural references, and what have you, but that was minimal at best. While it ushered in more or less a reboot feel, what with the near complete desolation of society from the surface, it felt botched (Sand Sea...), negligent towards the pre-established lore, and disrespectful to those who've long loved the series for its interconnectivity. This game felt disparate, falsely conjoined, and kind of a stab in the back. Eesh, a little harsh there.

Despite what I've said, I had a blast playing the game and found the ending to be overwhelmingly touching. I loved it, but I was disappointed in the presentation of the world that is so firmly rooted in our minds. Twilight Princess may not have been as fun gameplay-wise, it may not have been as difficult in some areas, but boy was it awesome fan service. I spent 33 hours beating that game and an additional 37 exploring every nook and cranny of the world because it was just full of so many references, potential references, vague formations that could be this and that... it was just a blast. The geography was reminiscent of Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, and in some ways even that of Termina. It just felt like it referenced so many good parts of the series. From finding the Sheikah Eye Symbol on the throne in the Palace of Twilight to pondering about the Deku Tree and the Kokiri Forest, only to realize that the Forest Temple takes place inside of a giant, hollowed tree with doors adorned with the Kokiri Symbol, and that Ordon Village was probably settled within the remains of the Kokiri Forest given the shared tree-houses, general layout, stream, and all. WW taught us that the Kokiri could transform to adapt to new environments, so the presence of the Monkeys could allude to the Kokiri having evolved into them. Etcetera etcetera. So many fine examples of attention to the series.

Skyward Sword threw so much out of the window.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I believe it was brosuke who said that in this game,the triforce is not bound to any spirits yet.In all other games,the triforce has been bonded to the three spirits that inevitable settle in the link-zelda-ganondorf trio of the time.

Yeah, but broske's explanation is pure theory, backed up by nothing in particular. Prior to Ganondorf touching the triforce in OoT, nobody had any marks on their hands. If it't true that him splitting the Triforce is what caused the pieces to be present in different people, thus causing the marks, then SS confuses the purpose of the marks by giving them to Link but not giving him the Triforce. Why does Link get the marks on his hand if he doesn't have those pieces of the triforce within him.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The triforce marks only appear in WW i believe when the three parts are near each other. same thing in OOT i believe. The only thing i can think of is that in SS the marks are more a showing that he has passed the trials and proven himself worthy of the Triforce.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The triforce marks only appear in WW i believe when the three parts are near each other. same thing in OOT i believe. The only thing i can think of is that in SS the marks are more a showing that he has passed the trials and proven himself worthy of the Triforce.
The first time Link sees the mark in WW is when at the Tower of the Gods about to descend to Hyrule and fight Ganondorf. Ganondorf is at the bottom of the ocean, so I wouldn't consider that close at all.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
been awhile since i played WW.
Thought it onnly showed up during the Boss battle at the end of the game.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree with spire for most of the series that it could use more culture but I can't see that complaint in SS, the surface land in skyward sword is supposed to be a derelict extinct civilization that nature is now reclaiming, in that sense I got kind of a metroid prime vibe out of it.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What places in SS should have a stage in SSB4? Maybe Lanyaru Desert with Timeshift stones or The Sealed Grounds that has the geysers and Imprisoned interacting (assuming Demise is not in i~i)?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm guessing SSB4 will represent Skyward Sword and Zelda 3DS. So we're looking at probably two new Zelda candidates at most: Ghirahim and a rep from the latter. Skyward Sword will easily inspire a stage, though they could choose just about any part of the game for representation. Who knew Great Bay would make it into Melee? It's not the most recognizable part of Majora's Mask, but it made it above Clock Town, the Moon, etc.

Top Bottom