• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 3 - Sponsored by MLG! - Melee/ProjectM/Brawl - Round... (Somerset, NJ)

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
Are there any people around the northeast area that would be willing to house me a few weeks leading up to the tournament? It's a lot to ask but I'm flying up to Boston for my brother's commencement around the 10th and I can't really afford to pay for two roundtrips (all the way from colorado, mind you) within a month of each other. I would be willing to help around the house, help pay for groceries (or maybe just a housing fee), SMASH FRIENDLIES, etc, really just anything that could make the arrangement work for both I and anyone who's willing. I'm a Brawl player and now that MLG isn't an option so I really want to make it to this one. Does this seem like a possibility for anyone?

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Its been years since the first and last tourney I went to at a best buy in NYC and I lost in the first round and was very confused by all the people already knowing eachother. That being said, all the recent smash hype has me reinvigorated. I'll be coming out to this, if not just to check it out and have fun with it since its so close to me!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Is it just me or on the sktar website for registering? View attachment 11296
Sorry for that error. This was fixed the same day so you should be able to register just fine now.

How do you enter this? Like how do you compete?
To enter you'll need to register online at www.sktar.com/registration. The venue fee has recently been raised to $35 so you'll have to pay that then you can pay $10 per game you'd like to enter.

After registering you can arrive to the tournament on May 31st at about 10 for either 1v1 or 2v2 events. Schedule should be posted soon regarding that.

Last edited:

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I said I'm confirmed but I still need a housing. I honnestly don't want to go to a hotel, is anyone oj to house me for the week end ?

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
I really want to go but I'm not sure about it going into Monday. Will it be like finals on Monday? That would be fine because I'll never make it that far. I guess I'll just wait for the schedule to be posted. I'm psyched to go, but I'm still unsure if I can.

Tony T

Smash Ace
I said I'm confirmed but I still need a housing. I honnestly don't want to go to a hotel, is anyone oj to house me for the week end ?
Yo Leon its Tony T the lucario player from NY I can house you for the weekend at my motel room if you still need the housing bro?

Last edited:

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
Yo Leon its Tony T the lucario player from NY I can house you for the weekend at my motel room if you still need the housing bro?
I really aprreciate it, thanks, I'll let you know when I book my tycket to come

joefz2

#JoeMania
NNID
blazingjc55
Excited as all hell. Just wondering, is it possible to do both M and Melee singles/doubles at the same time? First time tourney here.

TallandGangly

Smash Cadet
Would love for this question to be answered as well :)
ALSO YOU'RE FROM LIVINGSTON?
I live like 10 minutes from there bro :D
No way! West Orange?? Technically, I'm in PA right now, since I'm in school. But I'll in Livingston all summer, so maybe we can play a couples friendlies over the summer.

Waite

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rumpojec
When does the registration period end? I'm gonna go, but I might have to wait a week or so before I can drop the entrance fee, and I just want to make sure I don't accidentally miss the cutoff date.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yes it is $3.00 off per tv.
When does the registration period end? I'm gonna go, but I might have to wait a week or so before I can drop the entrance fee, and I just want to make sure I don't accidentally miss the cutoff date.
Final registration date is May 24th at 11:59 pm.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, definitely going now. Can't wait to meet the pros and learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Looking for a PM partner, Is anyone up for this ?
What character do you main? I've got a partner but if you post which char you use you might be able to find a partner more easily!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So... I'm coming to this now I guess.
MVD|NickRiddle will be signing up early next week.

PM MMs? I play boomerang.

Top Bottom