• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 3 - Sponsored by MLG! - Melee/ProjectM/Brawl - Round... (Somerset, NJ)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Due to the amount of entrants we have already received on top of the amount of entrants we are expecting to get when the event closes, we are going to have to change the methods of which we will be running the event.

After collaborating with the rest of my staff we have decided to run a straight double elimination bracket for all events instead of bracket pools. We want to make sure the event runs on time and not have any delays or complications.

Throughout the year, MLG Sponsored events have had issues with scheduling and getting events done on time. We would like to avoid this while still being able to give you the best event possible. I would like to assure you that my staff and myself are doing everything we can to make sure this event is the best it can possibly be regarding management and entertainment.

On that note, here is the final schedule we will be going by: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Ry7m5sHZ3Kzjs_fsKKYuXS991iiiLKe0SEEQ3IEzJY/edit#gid=0

what's the registration deadline?
Registration Deadline is May 24th at 11:59 pm.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Instead of running split up double elim bracket, we're just running bracket WITHOUT splitting it up.
BRILLIANT!

Youtroid

Smash Cadet
Hello, I have been a fan of Smash for a long while now, don't post on here much and never got a chance to come to a tournament. A couple of friends and I are looking to possibly to come to this to finally start getting into the competitive scene more seriously.
Yup. The spectator fee will be $10 for the whole weekend.
So just to be clear, if you don't play in any tournaments it is $10 to come, but if you play in one it becomes $45 ($35 for Competitor Fee + $10 for Tourney), correct? And from then on it is $10 per each additional tournament? We don't exactly have a lot of money and coming in general is going to be a bit of a hassle to begin with, but some of us are more interested than others in participating in a tourney or two, so I would like to find out exactly what's going on with the cost. I also don't see an option for registration of spectator/friendlies on the website. How does someone sign up without entering a tournament?

Thanks!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you do not enter anything, it costs $10.
If you enter, it is $35 venue fee, plus $10 for each event.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey guys this is Hylian. Just found out I can't go to UFGT because of work so I'm interested in this instead. I've never planned for something this close to the event however so looking for some information/help.

- I assume Newark is the best place to fly into?
- Best way to get from newark to the tournament and back to the airport?(how far is it from the tournament)
- Anyone able to house me(just me!)/let me join in on a hotel room(which I can help pay for obviously)?

Looking to get this info quickly so I can decide to buy a plane ticket or not. Thanks! Also posted this in the FB thread.

Keitaro

Originally RR pools were planned but after attendance increased we decided to abolish the idea back in March.
Thank you! So going for the friendlies alone is $10. How does one sign up for that?
Yup, it's $10 at the door for spectating/friendlies.

Last edited:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just bought plane tickets for this :p. See you all there.

TallandGangly

Smash Cadet
So I've never played at a tournament before, and I am definitely attending this. Is it better to spend $10 and just spectate, or to pay the extra $35 if its almost guaranteed that I will get knocked out first round? (I've only been playing competitive for about a month or so)

BluntedMask

Smash Apprentice
Alright so tried paying with my debit card and it kept denying the use of it.

Any suggestions to rectify this?

Last edited:

Keitaro

So I've never played at a tournament before, and I am definitely attending this. Is it better to spend $10 and just spectate, or to pay the extra $35 if its almost guaranteed that I will get knocked out first round? (I've only been playing competitive for about a month or so)
In my opinion it is usually best to enter and see what the tournament is like. Especially for big events, being apart of the action will almost always give a better experience :D

Alright so tried paying with my debit card and it kept denying the use of it.

Any suggestions to rectify this?
That's weird. Let me know if this is still an issue.

Last edited:

joefz2

#JoeMania
NNID
blazingjc55
this is going to be my first tournament ever and i signed up for 3 events. It depends on how you feel, but losing I take it as improving in the future :)

Chrispylol

Smash Rookie
xcuse me wat r keitaro fries

Also who is streaming this event? I feel like it'd be a nice place for a salty suite, given the big names attending. Not sure if that's a vgbc exclusive or what

TallandGangly

Smash Cadet
this is going to be my first tournament ever and i signed up for 3 events. It depends on how you feel, but losing I take it as improving in the future :)
Its more like, is it worth the money if I can just play friendlies with random people while I'm there? I'm just not sure if its worth the $35 difference.

DarkVoid

Smash Rookie
This is gonna be awesome!

So many player Great!

ill sleep in my car lol

Im really looking foreward to this event!

Everyone get pump up!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey buddy there is an edit feature. Please stop multiposting.

Top Bottom