• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skies of Arcadia Mafia - Game Over! Indy (AM) Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ ghebby poo and soup

what say you on switching to gorf? j would join us and we have morons whiteknighting orbo which is terrible cuz even if hes town scum benefits from players like him

:phone:
Not really open to the idea.

J, why do you want orbo shot relying on the invisible vigilante that mafia games never have compared to just getting him lynched? What is really stopping you?

J
Lovably Adorable Kanine (Red Ruy/John2k4)
Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry)
Legolas (Sworddancer./Xonar)
Soup~/Ragnadumbname
Gheb_01
KevinM
Rake
Marshmellowman (Macman/marshy)
JTB
Rockin
Orboknown

BA BAM.

The reason for my town read on Lego for the moment is largely due to my read on Sworddancer. Sword HATES playing scum, and I feel like I've got a grasp of the difference between townSword's game and scumSword's game. I don't feel like scumSword would be fine putting himself out there the way he has. Plus, a lot of what they're saying I'm finding myself going "Damn, that's exactly what I was thinking."
Gorf's thought process basically lining up with mine, have to say though J I don't like some of the things you're giving me, I gave you some questions before and I'd like to see them answered J.

J said:
I'm not voting Orbo.

Rather him be investigated/shot, personally.

@Marshmellow: He isn't looking like he is scum-hunting more like he is trying to scum-hunt on Orbo and make his case seem bigger than it actually is w.r.t. him. It also feels like he is just clinging to it, just to cling to it. Reaction to Ryker's case also came off as if he was trying to put on a front as to try and dissuade the pressure by just seeming a bit too "confident". It's weird to explain and I can try and explain it better if you don't get me.
To be honest I didn't have really much else to push and I'd like to focus on my scumreads rather than getting carried away, I understand this is but an excuse but really you can't say that looking at Orbo and looking at his posts that you really want to whiteknight the guy so far to say that i'm clingy to it. I think he's scum and I want him dead, and I really can do oh so much without him responding to things too. Rockin made a very slight improvement based on response and I don't think Rockin would defend Orbo like this, or even be aware the Orbo blatantly voted him. Something to consider.

#HBC | ѕoup

Gorf I really have to say that I don't get where your J town-read is coming from, and it's not about even hesitance to vote Orbo. Mind filling me in?

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
so kevin has done literally nothing but jump on the soup wagon you BOTH disagree with yet he is somehow more protown than me rake (someone gorf apparently thought was protown judging by what he said when he quoted rake earlier) and jtb who basically did the same thing except on a wagon both of you DO like

okay guys

#HBC | ѕoup

Tbh I forgot to edit some things on Gorf's read list. I like rake for the most part but he lacks in actually doing things. KevinM idk, his jump didn't really tell me much besides personal dislike. JTB always sheeps but like I said i'm really hoping for activity on his slot, he needs to do more. I like Gheb for the most part.

Marshee i'm cool with you right now for sure

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
ah. usually when theyre not in any order i see people say something along the lines of

town
a (most protown)
b (next most)
c (etc.)

null
x
y/z (meaning theyre equally null)

so i misread your reads list. i hadnt understood why the nulls were where they were at when the reads presented seemed tove contradicted conclusions yallve made

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kill off dumb town/scum buddying with other people?

That sounds gahlike I am there.

Vote Gorf

Lego I hope you get vigged!

Vig... READ THAT

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ugh, I thought there were more votes on him than that.

Let's roll it with it then.

Vote Gorf

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Since were all hopping on gorf for no reason I should too, right?

vote: gorf

^ seriously guys that's what you're doing -.- can I at least get reason that isn't "lack of commitment" bullshiz?

vote: orbo

#HBC | ѕoup

Wait, wait. Gorf, why are you just hopping on Orbo now? I'd love a cause to the team but this is not a good reaction to a wagon.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm working my way through the thread as I have time, will definitely be finished after my shift tonight.

Unvote Vote Orbo

#106 is textbook newbie-scum.

Can you elaborate on this? What exactly is textbook about his post?

J, I looked over your suspicion on Gorf and I have to say I don't really agree with it, i've seen Gorf play like this before and I think as long as he's hopping on the right wagons I don't really have a problem with him. What are your reads on Rockin/Orbo right now anyways? You seemed to ignore that whole situation completely.

I've got legolas as null-town, and mostly based on personal reasons, I liked their statement towards me about my playstyle and I could tell that (likely) Swords was curious about my change in behavior, I think it was townie to look into it.
@bolded: What exactly are the right wagons? The ones that are the most popular? I understand where your assessment of Gorfs playstyle comes from but I can't agree that it's good for town.

@underlined: What was your change in behavior between this game and whatever game you had previously played in?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Well, yes, he really is a newb. No offense to Orboknown but he really doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb out there.

If I think that Orboknown is being attacked for reasons that I feel are incorrect then I will defend him. I won't simply idle because "it's his responsibility to defend himself," especially if nothing he's going to say is convincing.
whiteknight.jpg

Why is it more important for you to defend him rather than let him respond and see how he reacts to the situation? Is there a reason for this other than him being a newbie?

Also, what is your read on him currently?

#HBC | ѕoup

Orbo was the right wagon for the longest time, and still is, but there is a difference between now and then. I don't like Gorf's jump on orbo this time, he's undergoing a wagon and this was a horrible way to respond to it, instantly trying to push pressure somewhere else. I want him to explain why he jumped like that and why he felt he needed to wait so long and to hop on Orbo if he was going to do it.

I dunno, I haven't really noticed it. I know the way Legolas/Swords asked me they could tell I had a bit of a change in playstyle. What do you think of all the wagons going on right now? I know your vote is currently on Orbo but who else are you looking at?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm still reading, but Gheb and Rockin stood out to me early on.

I ask about the change in playstyle because using that as a means to justify a town read on Lego feels wrong since I don't see how Lego could get any information wrt your alignment from asking about it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because it's early and he only had two votes on him at the time, if I counted correctly. Pressure can't hurt at this point.
What do you seek to gain from this wagon? Or do you have an infallible town read on Legolas and will just follow his conclusions?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
(old quote but i should throw in thats wrt orbo voting rockin after legos case)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stopping at page 7, time to go to work. I don't like the jumps on Soup because of his questioning of Orbo/statement wrt Gheb in RVS. Orbo shouldn't be given a free pass for his posts because he isn't a high caliber player or people don't hold him to high standards, Soup was correct in pushing him. And the bit about Gheb seems reaching, what exactly is scummy about what he said?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Votecount 1.3

1. Rockin: Legolas
2. Nabe
3. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry): Soup
4. Orboknown: Rockin
5. Gheb_01: LAK > Orbo > Gorf
6. J: Legolas > Gorf
7. KevinM: Soup > Gorf
8. Soup~: J > Orbo
9. Lovably Adorable Kanine (Red Ruy/John2k4): Gheb > Soup
10. Gorf: Orbo > Rockin > Orbo
11. Legolas: LAK > Rockin > Rockin > J > Orbo > Rockin > Soup
12. Marshmellowman (Macman/marshy): Rake > Orbo > Gorf
13. JTB: Gheb > Orbo

Count
Gorf (4): Marshmellowman, KevinM, J, Gheb_01
Orbo (3): JTB, Soup, Gorf
Soupnarok (3): AM, LAK, Legolas
Legolas (1): Rockin
Rockin (1): Orbo

Not voting: Nabe

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline on Friday June 8th at 11:59 PM AST!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soup, what makes you of Lego's bandwagon vote on you with is reasoning of "meant to do this later buuuut:"?

#HBC | ѕoup

It was crap and I didn't like it all, would love for them to come into the thread and explain it, but the fact is nobody likes that doing that anymore it seems.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Pretty tired, I'll finish up tomorrow instead.

Gheb, my question to you is still relevant.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meh, would've wanted to avoid backpedaling into eary-game stuff. Leaving random comments on random quotes for no obvious reason other than to comment on something ... since when does town do this? Since when does Orb play like that? I know plenty of instances where scum does it. If there was a newbie scum textbook, this would probably the first approach you'd find in it.

My name is Sworddancer, and I'm ignoring Xonar's reads for the time being

@J: In your 174 (I think) you had identified Marshy as pro-town. Why is that? What has Marshy done to gain your trust so early?

J, I like your points on Gorf way better than about Lego. The Lego / Soup / Rockin circle jerk-thing seems to be plain dumb and I'm pretty confident that Lego is town [can go into detail about either claim but I'd rather not].

Gorf's non-commitment on the other hand is straight-up lame.

Where has Gorf not committed (serious question, because I'm not seeing anything at this point)?

Missed that before, but why is ryu the one it is most beneficial to be rid of?

I don't use just one thing like that to damn people, but I will factor it into my thinking later on. It might not seem like much, and it might just be nothing but little things like that would make me pay a tad more attention to a slot.

I apologize for going to a friends house instead of playing mafia.
/sarcasm

Elaborate on gheb scum for me J?
wrt Gorf, he was like that in gigabots not answering things and he ended up being town. I think i'll take it as a null right now.
Like this post. Gheb, if you have Orboknown as scum, then wnhat do you make of this post?

Top Bottom