• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SitC3 -- CANCELLED!!

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Right.

It turns out I'm going to be very busy my senior year at high school (who knew?) and as a result won't be able to hold this tournament. Nobody around where I live wants to do it, so I decided to kill it. Sorry guys. I left all the rules that were decided upon just in case anybody wants to plan something like this in the future.

Here's the information we put together thus far:
Name: SitC 3 (Smashed in the Center)
Date: April 28-29. That's Saturday and Sunday.
Rules: MLG standard, stupid ingatius, dave's stupid rule.
Schedule: Arrive Saturday at 8PM, singles starts at 10. Doubles follow immediately. Crew battles are whenever. Leave Sunday afternoon.
Cost: $10 singles, $20 doubles. Overnight housing fee is $5. We won't be taking out of the pot for running costs, so you can just bring $25 and be good.
Foods: If it's anything like last time, there will be VERY cheap drinks and food and free breakfast. Also there is a restaurant literally next door.

The Venue: "The Center Township Community Youth Center" or The Grange affectionately. Very large, open main room (it used to be a church) with side room equipped with DVD player/TV, cable internets, and an Xbox console. The basement is the same size as the main room, just beneath it. There is a kitchen in which the foods are prepared. Nice bathrooms. We COMPLETELY remodeled the place 2 summers ago, so it is very nice inside.
125 Center Grange Rd. Monaca, PA 15061

Transportation: Pgh has a nice bus system. Tell us where you're getting off and what time and we'll be able to arrange a ride. PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE!! But take note, Aliquippa isn't recommended for being in at all, so try not to hit that station.

Purse: As previously stated, we will not be taking out of the pot for any kind of operational overhead. So the splitup will probably be 60/25/15. If we get 20 people to enter singles (which is about what we had at SitC 1) last place will triple his money and first place will come away with a whopping $110 profit.

OK, I have schoolwork to do, so that's it for now. Anything I missed?

pockyD

Smash Legend
pockyD said:
the 16A (which is the bus we took to sewickley last time) runs all the way to aliquippa, which is less than 10 minutes driving from monaca (which is where i understand the bigger venue is)

so if someone is willing to run some sort of shuttle service (lol) from the site to the bus stop, it could work out
from the other post

so for the record i like your venue if we can solve transportation issues (the YMCA we had couldn't support more than 15-20)

multi-day is good if that's being considered =)

April is good; i know there's an april 7th tournament in ohio that mcc and people were looking to go to, so maybe the 14-15th or something?

Renth

Smash Hero
April = ****.

Swiftbass Team with me.

either venues good makes no difference to me Let's get a big turn out my PA days are numbered.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are considering having a Smash tourney at the YMCA, then may I ask, which one are you thinking of?

I know there's a YMCA that's downtown, and it's relatively close to my school (which is located on Boulevard of the Allies).

It would be very easy for me to get to the tournament, that is, if it's going to take place there.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the ymca in question was in sewickley; but of course anyone looking into another venue would probably be welcome to do so -_-

pdk

Smash Lord
just go with whatever's closest to the duq venue for everyone's convenience (not having to travel very many strange routes to get there, etc.)

edit: apparently not, curse you pocky ;_;

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
April = ****.

Swiftbass Team with me.

either venues good makes no difference to me Let's get a big turn out my PA days are numbered.

f**k yea lets do this

EDIT: yo for the record lets not have this b4 the 23 of april then me and renth wont be able to team because im going home again >_<

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol

sewickley was already a 45minute bus ride north/northwest from duquesne; monaca is the same direction but just 10-15 mins further i think

edit: swift knee is CRUISIN' FOR A BRUISIN'

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Dang, if it's anywhere else other than the YMCA I mentioned, I doubt if I'd be able to make it to this.

I do not have transportation, nor a bus pass.

However, I wonder what Iceburgh's been up to these days. Back when I went to that *one* Smashfest (the only one I've been to), he actually drove me over to that one......

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm going to place my vote for the venue in Monaca. Size is good.

Additionally, I'll likely be getting my own transportation, so that's potentially one less person for us to worry about moving.

Hope to see this develope nicely. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Renth

Smash Hero
Dang, if it's anywhere else other than the YMCA I mentioned, I doubt if I'd be able to make it to this.

I do not have transportation, nor a bus pass.

However, I wonder what Iceburgh's been up to these days. Back when I went to that *one* Smashfest (the only one I've been to), he actually drove me over to that one......
:tired:

no transport, no bus pass, iceburgh not around

makes for a happy Renth.

f**k yea lets do this

EDIT: yo for the record lets not have this b4 the 23 of april then me and renth wont be able to team because im going home again >_<
Gier/Naka whoever the hellz getting the Venue work around his schedule.

I'm going to place my vote for the venue in Monaca. Size is good.

Additionally, I'll likely be getting my own transportation, so that's potentially one less person for us to worry about moving.

Hope to see this develope nicely. If I can be of any help, let me know.
Falco Ditto me bunches. :laugh:

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
OMG!

I just thought of something, a friend of mine loves Smash, and I bet he would love to go to this big tournament!

Alright, that does it. XD

I'm telling him about this tournament, and if need be, he can provide me with the $2.25 (or whatever it is) to get me over to that place.

My friend is a Falco player, by the way.

As for me? Well, I main with Pikachu. XD (and I swear, I think I've gotten A LOT better)

D20

Smash Lord
Yeah, I created a new account... I'm cool.

Anyhow, I'm glad southwestern PA is coming to together to make this happen. We should be sure that we post in the midwest zone when the details are official. To draw more attention we should really see if we can make this a two day event with crews, doubles, and low teirs. If we could get 25-30 smashers, that would be great... and I think it's possible.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
A large Pittsburgh student-run tournament sounds like a great idea.
I've been to the SiTC Center, not the Pittsburgh YMCA, but I guess if I had to offer a vote I'd go with the YMCA simply 'cause it's closer.

I'd be in if this is scheduled far in advance on a Saturday (and if I have no other conflicts).

However, CMU does have Carnival Parties, etc. during mid-spring, I think it's around mid-late April. So hopefully this wouldn't conflict with that.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
carnival is april 19-22

so april 14 weekend seems the best to me

thats the same weekend of tekkoshocon =[

like im not against the whole weekend, if this is going to be a 2 day thing, but I am against singles being held on that saturday. I rather have singles be on that sunday. But thats just me not wanting it to conflict too much with my tekkoshocon participation. Just speaking my mind.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
gonna have to agree with KWalk here, missing carnival weekend is a bad deal. so like, weekend of 14th or weekend of 28th seems best. Other people's thoughts on timing?

As for venue, Naka's YMCA venue was only slightly closer and seems to be much smaller, so I'm going to have to side with the SitC venue if possible. Other options in the city would be good too, but I'm not sure what's available . . . any volunteers to look for a place?

jiaflu

Smash Rookie
gonna have to agree with KWalk here, missing carnival weekend is a bad deal. so like, weekend of 14th or weekend of 28th seems best. Other people's thoughts on timing?
I like 14th better.. 28th seems too close to finals for comfort. Probably loads of work piled up by then =\

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's the best name I could come up with on such short notice.

Poor PA Player Finder thread was getting too much spam. Post stuff here; we need to make this tournament awesome. Right now this post is a placeholder so I can put in more info as we decide on stuff.

Right.

First order of bid'ness: Venue. Pittsburgh YMCA or the place from SitC?
Second: Name. Something cool-sounding but also descriptive. Maybe an acronym?
Third: Date. Mid-spring seems to be the consensus.
Yay!!!!!!! SitC!!!!!!!!!!!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo whats up with weekend of april 7th? i know theres a tourney in ohio(that day) that a few ppl were going to but, I havent heard anyone confirm that yet.

And dont forget we still have this month left as well. I mean in april if its not things like the carnival and tekkoshocon, its finals studying / moving out for the majority of us. I say we aim for the weekend of march 31st.

Hmmmm, I could win this with my Link >.>
im curious as to how fast you would get peace'd out if u were to try that.

EDIT: anyone with a premium account? if so the take a poll for the date.

pdk

Smash Lord
the mosh pitt

there you go, corny name found

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Since april seems to be bad all across the board. I vote we move it to May sometime. Like first weekend in May. Also with the amount of intrest this has the possibility of getting. I highly recommend that we not use the YMCA venue and stick to the Youth Center in Monaca

Renth-Hopfuly you can get a ride with cape. I also might be up this weekend. : )

Bus riding people-If you want to take a bus to sewickley, then i just drive you there, and then home once its all said and done i can do that.

Cape-DK64 ftw. : ) You'll finaly get your rematch.

D20

Smash Lord
The problem with May is that many of the college kids could already be home. It seems like the weekend of April 14th is shaping up to be the best bet.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah 14th seems the best since swift is LEAVING for the summer on the 23rd (he worded that post very poorly lol) so he'd miss any later tournament anyway; this way he can at least make part/most of it

gier do you have any input

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
I'll ask the person who runs the place if the 31st and 14th are open. If only one day is, problem solved. If both are, we can choose. If neither are, we'll have to go later.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is exactly like crevv lol. Whenever, wherever, i will be there.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I have a feeling getting this to the magnitude that we want it to be at would be very hard to accomplish if we put it a March 31st. For the sake of putting something very successful together I think it should be at least a month in advance so people can prepare for it (rides and such), thats if we want to draw people father across the state or from Ohio. I mean Tim is the nicest/possibly the best smasher in Pittsburgh, and Naka busts his balls putting these things together, but if having it at a date that makes it more possible for other smashers besides our usuals to attend means losing Tim and Naka I think we might want to consider making the sacrafice.

This was not meant to offend or piss anyone off, its my personnal arguement/opinion on the date situation.

Tim and Naka I still <3 you both.

Renth

Smash Hero
we might want to push it back past april 14th because i want The Cape to attend and he's busy on the 31st.

Naka/Swift try to work around it

Shoot for 14th please i should have my license by that time too.

Gier still needs to talk to the owner so we don't know if any date is truely solid so wait for an answer from him.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I'm not totally against the March 31st idea, as at least I feel this is enough notice (and besides, the majority of people who would think of attending are already well aware of the event). Regardless, I'm not against Matt's idea either, though I'd see what we can do for Naka and Tim before looking into big numbers for the hell of big numbers.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ok whoever is incharge of all this stuff I say pick a date and update a post or something and start trying to book something. Since we have so many ideas for dates in the air I'll settle for any date now, because I'll have to squeeze for time regardless/not make it. i mean we cant accomodate everyone so do what u think will bring in the most ppl.

Top Bottom