• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm not asking you to be an Ace Detective and spot all the little scumtells that anyone leaves.

Just speak up and share your own thoughts and not somebody else's. If they line up with someone else's thoughts that's fine, but from time to time you should be able to come up with things on your own. Do some scumhunting yourself and don't just sit back and watch other people do it. Apply pressure if you think it's needed. Get involved and play the game. That's the only way you're going to be able to get better and become more useful.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Riddle and Omis made some good points regarding my nameclaim - it's probably better to do so especially since we're approaching the deadline. Unless somebody brings up a good argument on why I should NOT namclaim I'm 7/3 in favour of doing it. At this point it probably doesn't hurt anyways.

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
I don't think a nameclaim can do any harm and it could certainly help. If you get cc'd then that helps town quite a bit and then we can lynch you. Any other possibilty means nothing. If you aren't cc'd you could be a safeclaiming scum or who you say you are. And you won't get NK'd even if you aren't scum soooo just nameclaim pl0x.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think a nameclaim can do any harm and it could certainly help. If you get cc'd then that helps town quite a bit and then we can lynch you. Any other possibilty means nothing. If you aren't cc'd you could be a safeclaiming scum or who you say you are. And you won't get NK'd even if you aren't scum soooo just nameclaim pl0x.

Not sure about some of the things you say. I doubt aybody will CC me tbh but who knows. Either way this is something I don't like about that claim:

"Any other possibilty means nothing. If you aren't cc'd you could be a safeclaiming scum or who you say you are."

This is exactly what I don't want for town - uncertainity. But w/e it's time to nameclaim I guess.

...I'm Homer Simpson

Any CCs?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, he claims the most obvious role in this game. Why are you so willing to nameclaim now, when you've been at L-1/2 for so long? I think that all of the constant pressure is getting to him.

Gheb, you've been overall scummish, repeating same defenses, taking credit for some things that were probably unintentional, and you've been trying to take the discussion away from you by trying to lead onto Rockin, and hiding from some posts targeting you.

Vote: Gheb

Also, I'd like to see a vote count?

And where's KevinM?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Counter claim, I myself am Homer Simpson, Doc protect me tonight we can win this game on D2, if we get the right investigation.

Unvote
Vote:Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kevin you know you're dead now right? Cuz you just hammered and my claim will turn out right.

Also Cacti = scum

After being "protected" by me he just dissapeared and used the Gheb BW to stay out of discussion. Then he almost hammered me before and after my claim he puts me @ L-1 again

Highly suspicious by both players. I'm dead now but idk why they'd act like that. Kevin, Cacti you're both screwed.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
don't ask for doc protection fos kevin dumbest post all game

that was a really stupid reaction from both kevin and cacti

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cop don't protect Kevin, he's also scum. But w/e since I'm going to get lynched my claim will be confirmed.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
if it hasn't hit you guys yet: THERE'S MULTIPLE HOMER SIMPSONS and i know this because i'm also homer simpson and KevinscuM wouldn't just hammah and claim like that

cacti are you another homer simpson? why didn't you immediately cc?

macman probably did this to avoid the game being broken by nameclaims. i'm thinking no one else should claim homer. nothing good comes out of it just confusion

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Too late Marshy, I'm lynched now + confirmed homer simpson.

Also Cacti = more scummy than Kevin if your theory is actually true.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK after reading through this again I'm 90% sure Cacti is scum

Also, I'd like to see a vote count?

And where's KevinM?
After this Kevin followed his CC + hammer.

If there is actually more than 1 Homer in this game I can see Kevin's reaction although Cacti "summoning" him was extremely suspicious.
Kevin asking for cop protection is dumb though, no point in protecting confirmed vanilla (assuming there are many homers in this game).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
don't ask for doc protection fos kevin dumbest post all game

that was a really stupid reaction from both kevin and cacti
The problem is Marshy, if I CC'd I didn't want mafia to get a chance to drop their votes and let it get into a huge argument. I don't see the mistake in me dropping hammer against an UN CC'd person when I'm assuming I'm the only CC as Homer. It's not like I would do that as scum, because I'd have a LOT to lose.

if it hasn't hit you guys yet: THERE'S MULTIPLE HOMER SIMPSONS and i know this because i'm also homer simpson and KevinscuM wouldn't just hammah and claim like that

cacti are you another homer simpson? why didn't you immediately cc?

macman probably did this to avoid the game being broken by nameclaims. i'm thinking no one else should claim homer. nothing good comes out of it just confusion
I'm thinking this may be false if everyone is homer simpson, but we'll see.

Also Cacti if you were homer simpson and didn't mention that, that was dumb, he asked for CCs.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I am not allowed to discuss my role, but if there is a doc, I'd IMPLORE you protect me, but it's really your choice. I just want to let you know i have a plan.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also I am not allowed to discuss my role, but if there is a doc, I'd IMPLORE you protect me, but it's really your choice. I just want to let you know i have a plan.
I will flip Homer. This will hurt your credibility since your CC was wrong. Although I'm inclined to believe Marshy and give you a chance.

Cacti, however needs to die D2.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I will flip Homer. This will hurt your credibility since your CC was wrong. Although I'm inclined to believe Marshy and give you a chance.

Cacti, however needs to die D2.

Kevin's claim isn't wrong. There are clearly multiple Homer Simpsons. This many people aren't dumb enough to claim Homer Simpson.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My CC is a hundred percent correct, again I point out logically if I was scum I would HAVE no reason to flip and hammer you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kevin's claim isn't wrong. There are clearly multiple Homer Simpsons. This many people aren't dumb enough to claim Homer Simpson.
And how does this justify Cacti's reaction? He's 100% scum.

My CC is a hundred percent correct, again I point out logically if I was scum I would HAVE no reason to flip and hammer you.
As I said: I'm inclined to believe you. But it still will hurt your credibility.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The reason I hammered because if I just CC'd mafia might unvote and if I had failed in the debate then we can use the multiple homer simpson move to clear Gheb and if he was scum I would have went ballistics. Thankfully Marshy also claimed Homer, so I feel less dumb about my decision, it's an evil mechanic but I guess it's also a necessary evil in this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ok, my lynch is irreversible I think, right?

So Kevin, do you agree with me that Cacti = scum and Riddle = town?

Since there's no point in arguing my lynch anymore we should try to gathr as much info as possible before D2 starts.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't fully agree but that's why I'm hoping Doc will protect, I'm not cop though so GOD cop do not CC in this mess.

Omni

BRoomer
Stupid play Cacti and Kevin. Lynching based off a nameclaim? We've already discussed how that ISN'T a good idea.

Anyway, Cacti was my D1 lynch; he's now my D2 lynch.

Kevin: That was stupid to announce Doc to protect you. Your "plan" better show results in tomorrow's flavor because we have no reason to trust you after you and Cacti's quick votes to hammer.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
why would it show up in flavor? and kevin's reaction is somewhat justified because of cacti's failure to cc. unfos kevin

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lynching based off an UN CC'd main character' name claim that I happen to share?

FOS Omni

Don't try and shatter my name by ignoring subtle facts that change WHY I did what I did.

Omni

BRoomer
Because anything Kevin "plans" can be a plan made by scum. Flavor is netted from direct actions and is always factual. If Kevin comes back tomorrow and reveals something that we have to take his word for, there's a high possibility I'm not buying it.

Kevin's reaction is not justifiable. Plenty of time in the day. Knows that he's in the position to hammer. Doesn't allow any further discussion to be made during the day. And after being pretty silent on the matter comes in and hammers? Take into consideration I've been on Cacti's *** for the past 100 post and the Gheb issue started from inspection of both Riddle and Cacti.

Doesn't sit well with me. I still think Cacti our #1 lynch candidate tomorrow. Still unsure about Kevin, however, so he's still neutral in my book.

Omni

BRoomer
Ninja'd. The above post should also explain that I'm not shattering your name. At the same time, I think you should have been more patient instead of taking matters upon yourself to throw the hammer.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because anything Kevin "plans" can be a plan made by scum. Flavor is netted from direct actions and is always factual. If Kevin comes back tomorrow and reveals something that we have to take his word for, there's a high possibility I'm not buying it.

Kevin's reaction is not justifiable. Plenty of time in the day. Knows that he's in the position to hammer. Doesn't allow any further discussion to be made during the day. And after being pretty silent on the matter comes in and hammers? Take into consideration I've been on Cacti's *** for the past 100 post and the Gheb issue started from inspection of both Riddle and Cacti.

Doesn't sit well with me. I still think Cacti our #1 lynch candidate tomorrow. Still unsure about Kevin, however, so he's still neutral in my book.
You realize again you're saying that you won't buy anything I say is directly off the chance that I'd be a TERRIBLE scum player.

Which I'd like to think I'm not.

I wouldn't be dumb enough to hammer and put a ton of suspicion on me and then say KEEP ME ALIVE for no reason.

It was overconfident pounce, but it was calculated off of Cacti not claiming, which if he is Homer was a GROSS oversight.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Wait, am I allowed to claim homer simpson? It says that I'm not allowed to reveal anything about my role, and I thought that a name claim was not allowed. That's why I didn't cc.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it omni. cacti did not cc. kevin was operating under the assumption that he was the only homer and claiming homer would be an optimal claim for scum to pull. he was probably assuming that because this is the first time there's more than one of the same character in swfmafia i think. so kevin saw "SCUMBAG" and pounced. when you find one there isn't a huge demand for extending the day because finding scum is kind of the objective of the day

fos omni for like the 3rd time

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wait, am I allowed to claim homer simpson? It says that I'm not allowed to reveal anything about my role, and I thought that a name claim was not allowed. That's why I didn't cc.
Why would Kevin/Omis/whoever want to name claim if it wasn't allowed?

Dumbest explanation ever. You're dead, scum.

Omni

BRoomer
it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it omni. cacti did not cc. kevin was operating under the assumption that he was the only homer and claiming homer would be an optimal claim for scum to pull. he was probably assuming that because this is the first time there's more than one of the same character in swfmafia i think. so kevin saw "SCUMBAG" and pounced. when you find one there isn't a huge demand for extending the day because finding scum is kind of the objective of the day

fos omni for like the 3rd time
You have a point.

From his perspective, Gheb claiming Homer while I'm Homer is auto-scum find. OK. I was failing to look at it from this perspective.

I was looking at it from Kevin claiming he was Homer as well. I knew there was a problem because, well, I'm Homer as well. Plus the fact that Cacti didn't originally CC might have thrown him off.

Okay, I understand now. I wasn't looking outside the box. I think it's safe to assume that all of our roles are Homer Simpson. Even if that's not true, we should go under that presumption so name claims don't get in our way of future investigations.

Omni

BRoomer
I'm calling both Kevin and Gheb's bluff. There is no plan. Gheb doesn't know anything for sure.

Top Bottom