• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
At first I was disappointed that Reincarnated Soul didn't make it and still sort of am, but then I saw that Awake, Cross Your Heart and Iron Blue Intention did. This game's soundtrack just got much better.
You don't know how happy I am to see "Cross Your Heart" on that list.

D

Deleted member

Good job, Simon Belmont fans, Richter, Dracula, Alucard, are there too, plus Dracula's castle.

Also Luigi how did you end up there? Anyone got a 1-up Mushroom?

Anyway loved it glad he's in again congrats!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
After the leaks were thrown out, I'm not surprised

But I'm more surprised that Richter got in despite me not playing this series and don't really know who he is

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I wonder how much of those tracks will be original remixes? we know that vampire killer (new remix), out of time, Divine Bloodlines and Bloody Tears/ Mosnter dance are, and probably Simon' Belmont theme (the arcade) is probably a direct rip (which i don't mind)

I'm betting the first Vampire killer maybe the 8 bits version, or maybe its'a an 8 bit version remix? :o

I also wonder if we will have michiru yamane remixing songs on the game again (she remixed a couple of song in smash wiiu)

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to post in here earlier.

I'm not a real Castlevania fan (haven't played much of the games, though I should), but I respect Simon and his series, and appreciate that he's finally gotten his place in the biggest crossover in gaming.

Congratulations on him getting in.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I had quite a few doubts, but I have no issue being wrong in this case lol

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Congratulations everyone.

Personally I really like how Richter turned out, I’ve always been a huge fan of him so his shocking inclusion was a very pleasant surprise for me!

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Lastly my thoughts for the trailer would be something with Luigi wandering the Castle, similar to how he creeps around in Luigi's Mansion, and Simon stepping in to save him from some monster.
Wow, I not to toot my own horn, but I actually called it... kind of.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nice to see finally Castlevania represented. I really love the retro Simon. I must say that I'm quite intrigued by the reasons why Richter is also here... I'm not against him, but it's definitely not the first "second third party" character that I would have imagine.

I'm REALLY happy for the stage. I love the ambiance, and who can possibly dislike the music?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am pretty convinced that Richter was a Sakurai bias choice. I was pretty sure Sakurai had a fond love for Castlevania, but only he would go as far as to also adding an echo of Simon.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I remember during Smash 4 days when their was the "one third party character per company rule", and Snake and Simon fans would argue over who should get in. Thankfully that died when Ryu was revealed and so did the who should get in from x company arguments. Now we get both of Konami's most popular characters in one game and both sides are at peace! sorry bomberman, at least you are in the game

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Congratulations guys :) Simon and Richter both look really cool, and I actually love the series logo choice!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So happy!! Def maining Richter. I never saw this coming even though I heard the rumors. Amazing amazing amazing. UGH THIS GAMEEEE

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
MY BOY RICHTER!

I'm SO DOWN for this! I definitely wanted Simon, I love Castlevania, but Simon himself is a tad boring to be (My own opinion, of course). So of course I support and love him, but that was mainly because I felt it was him or nothing, being the first/main protagonist after all. But RICHTER man, Rondo of Blood is my absolute FAVORITE Classicvania game, I am SO stoked to have him!

His Final Smash better be Hydro Storm, though.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This is just ridiculous. Like much of you guys, I also wanted Simon in Smash since the SSBB days. Now that he's here he looks to be a blast to play as, and I would've been satisfied as is. But Sakurai..... he goes far above and beyond what is expected and gives us a double whammy in the form of Richter Belmont.

RICHTER.

As an Echo Fighter, battling alongside Simon.

My favorite Belmont is playable. How does one top this?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is just ridiculous. Like much of you guys, I also wanted Simon in Smash since the SSBB days. Now that he's here he looks to be a blast to play as, and I would've been satisfied as is. But Sakurai..... he goes far above and beyond what is expected and gives us a double whammy in the form of Richter Belmont.

RICHTER.

As an Echo Fighter, battling alongside Simon.

My favorite Belmont is playable. How does one top this?
We get EVERY Belmont.
(Or at least, all the ones that can use the whips)

Just, 8 Belmonts fighting each other.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
We get EVERY Belmont.
(Or at least, all the ones that can use the whips)

Just, 8 Belmonts fighting each other.
Is there a Belmont that doesn't use the Vampire Killer?

Also, did anyone notice that the Vampire Killer itself bears more of a resemblance to the Combat Cross from the Lords of Shadow series?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I remember during Smash 4 days when their was the "one third party character per company rule", and Snake and Simon fans would argue over who should get in. Thankfully that died when Ryu was revealed and so did the who should get in from x company arguments. Now we get both of Konami's most popular characters in one game and both sides are at peace! sorry bomberman, at least you are in the game
I remember how bad I felt when people neglected Simon in favor of getting Snake back. And it stung when people neglected Simon in favor of Bomberman as a second Konami rep after we got Ryu as the second Capcom rep. It was like, "What's wrong with Simon? Is he unpopular? Not unique enough?" I am so thankful that Sakurai is a big fan of the Castlevania series too... and it really shows!

We got the following:
  • Simon Belmont as a new unique fighter
  • Richter Belmont as an Echo Fighter
  • Alucard as an Assist Trophy
  • Dracula's Castle stage
  • NES Castlevania 1-2 bosses (and possibly Kid Dracula) as stage bosses
  • Death's Scythe item
  • 34 songs

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Simon looks great and all...but since I only know of him through some readings and watching an episode or three of Captain N...I need my Captain N reunion between Pit/Mega Man/Simon/Mother Brain (Samus aswell)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
considering how unconsitent have been simon belmont color pallete through the ages,, his 8 alternate colors could be easily references to different singular games.

Still i secretly hope in my hearth for the every character have 16 costumes rumour to be true, and we get Chronicles simon alt and SOTN Ritcher alts...(also a couple more colors for cloud wouldn't hurt him imo)

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This is just so incredible. I got my two most wanted characters on the same day, and more to boot. My 2nd favorite game series, next to Mega Man represented in SSB, Richter Mudafuggin Belmont, 34 CV songs. bosses from across the series history, and even Alucard showing up. I feel like I've won the nerd lottery. This is just so wonderful I'm at a loss for words.

(I also totally called the Judgment version of Vampire Killer being used in Simon's trailer)

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Main Captain N gang has assembled. Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Pit and Samus, with Mother Brain AT. Only missing Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo. Now we need some Miis for Kevin Keene and Princess Lana...

Also, I assume we'll be getting a Simon's Quest palette (based on his in-game sprite)...

Big disappointment: Praying Hands didn't make the track list. One of the best Game Boy tracks of all time. I also like Wandering Ghosts from SotN.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Updated my sig in anticipation for Simon. His moveset turned out way better and true to the character than I envisioned and Sakurai adding Richter was so awesome and unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom