• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Just got home a few minutes ago. Never in my wildest dreams would I see both Richter and Simon be two separate characters. I thought Nintendo would so something along the lines of Bowser Jr, Villager, Olimar. I'm pleased they went with Chi no Rondo Richter over being based on SOTN Richter athough the wiki says that there are a couple elements from SOTN. I really love the Dracula's Castle stage.

I think this is the greatest day in SSB history that wasn't a game release day.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So even though even though I wanted Simon in the game more because he's the most iconic, I actually LIKE Richter more as a character so he's probably the one I'll be playing as.

Also, I was disappointed at first that we got barbarian Simon, but again Richter kind of takes care of that problem for me.

So still no guesses on what the ?????? boss is?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What an amazing morning to have a Direct!

I am SO hyped for Simon!!! Yeah, Ritchet is cool too. More Castlevania the merrier.
But I'm leaning more towards Simon.

I love all those awesome details he has. From his akward forced power walking, to his attacks.
His lashes make this satisfying sound when it hits someone too.

He has projectiles. He has long range attacks. He has tether. Simon might possibly be among my favorite Smash characters so far!

Looks like Sakurai finally vanquished Simon's horrible curse, and he's PLAYABLE.
Not only that... but having a whole CD worth of Castlevania arrangements IN SMASH, has my hype meter through the roof!

(Speaking of meters... dat Final Smash meter, yall).

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Awesome to have Simon Belmont finally playable in Smash Bros :D
I wasn't expecting Richter Belmount to show up but thats cool

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I threw something together to commemorate the moment.
This is everything I ever wanted as a 1980s Nintendo fan!

All we need now is for Captain N to get in Smash as a new playable fighter.

Sakurai needs to break his "no anime characters" rule for Captain N and for Team Rocket Meowth.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Sakurai needs to break his "no anime characters" rule for Captain N and for Team Rocket Meowth.
No. Captain N is a character ABOUT video games, but he's not a video game character.

Mii Gunner costume at most.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Congrats in having 2 Belmonts for the price of one! Somehow I wish to have seen some more like Trevor and Sonia but this is great!

At least Alucard is in as an AT. Sadly I know this means Carrie will most likely never appear as an AT even in the future but that is OK.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not a particularly big fan of Castlevania but I love how a series with so much historical significance is being represented in Smash. Congrats guys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is everything I ever wanted as a 1980s Nintendo fan!

A Captain N Mii costume would be good enough to me

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
I'm also really excited to have Castlevania finally in Smash. I felt it was the only franchise missing. The Belmonts have exactly the moveset I imagined they would. Though I'm a bit pained at seeing Alucard as an AT but that's ok.

I'll be maining Conan there since he and I go way back. Redheaded goth alt, pls.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I would accept a Captain N mii costume, BUT if you told me I could add any one character to Smash no matter who, then you better believe Captain N is getting in. I wouldn't even hesitate.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Holy spit, I finally took a look at the song list. It's going to be impossible to choose the probability on My Music.
Also it's really pathetic that I know how each and every one of these goes and what game they're from.

Attachments

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about it, and while I like Richter better than Simon and will probably play Richter more

I wouldn't have liked it if Richter was the one and only Castlevania rep.

I would have been like "It should have been Simon"

Holy spit, I finally took a look at the song list. It's going to be impossible to choose the probability on My Music.
Also it's really pathetic that I know how each and every one of these goes and what game they're from.
I can't name Castlevania's music, lol

I just know them by "That one that goes Dada da da"

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Just got home a few minutes ago. Never in my wildest dreams would I see both Richter and Simon be two separate characters. I thought Nintendo would so something along the lines of Bowser Jr, Villager, Olimar. I'm pleased they went with Chi no Rondo Richter over being based on SOTN Richter athough the wiki says that there are a couple elements from SOTN. I really love the Dracula's Castle stage.

I think this is the greatest day in SSB history that wasn't a game release day.
I was in the same boat as well. I had it in my mind that if Simon made it into the roster, he might have alts based on the many members of his family, including:

That said, I'm happy with this result as well. It's hard to put into words how awesome it is to see both Simon and Richter as separate playable characters, but I'm definitely siding with Richter.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One thing I do want to mention. I love that they went with Dracula's Castle as the series symbol. It's easily the most iconic visual in the series and it fits much better than a simple whip imagery or the C from the title.

Fadelical

Smash Rookie
I found it oddly strange that the Direct specifically mentioned how you can't talk about Castlevania without mentioning the music tracks, and that's ultimately very true.

Never thought in a million years that Order or Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin would get some representation in a Smash game, in the form of music too. I thought they would go in the Final Fantasy route and have two tracks at most, but no, they included Ebony Wings/Jet Black Wings, An Empty Tome/Twilight Stigmata, and Jail of Jewels, among other amazing tracks!

Overall, it was a great day to be a Castlevania and Smash fan.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
So even though even though I wanted Simon in the game more because he's the most iconic, I actually LIKE Richter more as a character so he's probably the one I'll be playing as.

Also, I was disappointed at first that we got barbarian Simon, but again Richter kind of takes care of that problem for me.

So still no guesses on what the ?????? boss is?
The mystery boss is Kid Dracula. The Castlevania subreddit figured it out real quickly and if you Google Kid Dracula you can see exactly which picture they used.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The mystery boss is Kid Dracula. The Castlevania subreddit figured it out real quickly and if you Google Kid Dracula you can see exactly which picture they used.
I can't wait to see what he can do, I love using him in Parodius.

StormC

Smash Hero
I congratulated you guys earlier when the song leaked. But now that it's all here, I wanted to say, holy crap, all the Castlevania stuff looks amazing. As someone whose only experience with the franchise is SOTN, I definitely want to get my hands on more of it. And on Simon and Richter. They're fabulous.

Simon Belmont is yet another icon in a star studded cast. This game truly is Ultimate.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer his Chronicles design. But goddam there's no way I can even be remotely disappointed about that. Not only did we get Simon, not only does he look like the perfect personification of Castlevania, but we also got Richter and I know for a fact both of them are going to have bad ass alternates. Such a good time to be a Castlevania, nay, Konami fan. Konami went from having no representation in For to the company with the most representatives. Let that sink in. The Konami love is real in this game.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh. That's weird. I would have expected him to be, like, an assist trophy, not a stage hazard.

Although I guess, in a way, he IS an assist trophy.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Richter seems VERY hot in the victory pose, I have to play him. I have a feeling that they will end up in low tier but still I will drop falcon for richter.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to feel dumb about that one but... did anyone get the reference there ? My brain won't process... I'm tired...

A Maria reference maybe ? I KNOW there's something there !

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer his Chronicles design. But goddam there's no way I can even be remotely disappointed about that. Not only did we get Simon, not only does he look like the perfect personification of Castlevania, but we also got Richter and I know for a fact both of them are going to have bad *** alternates. Such a good time to be a Castlevania, nay, Konami fan. Konami went from having no representation in For to the company with the most representatives. Let that sink in. The Konami love is real in this game.
Do I hear Bill Rizer as an AT in the horizon? Or heck, both Bill and Lance gunning everyone down with spreadshots, flamethrowers, lasers and missiles!?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm going to feel dumb about that one but... did anyone get the reference there ? My brain won't process... I'm tired...

A Maria reference maybe ? I KNOW there's something there !
Possibly. There's more than a few references. Richter flashing the peace sign in his victory pose is what he does after saving Terra in Rondo of Blood, and his character artwork is lifted directly from the RoB box art.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
YO, ITS TIME TO CELEBRATED!
madoka magica rebellion cake.gif
I can't even! Much like NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I much prefer Simon with his red-haired design, but honestly Simon could still get that as an alternate costume. But man, CASTLEVANIA is now represented in SMASH! I AM SO EXCITED, he was one of my most wanted additions and HE GOT IN!

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
I still can't believe it

This game is getting towards perfection EXACTLY like I thought

Castlevania in Smash

This is now a thing

It's...

it's beautiful

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
One thing I do want to mention. I love that they went with Dracula's Castle as the series symbol. It's easily the most iconic visual in the series and it fits much better than a simple whip imagery or the C from the title.
I was a bit surprised it wasn't the moon in near-total eclipse, but I guess that looks too much like Bayonetta's. So yeah.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
In honor of his inclusion I decided to try Castlevania for the first time with Super Castlevania IV on my SNES Mini. Boy does that game control smoother than I thought it would.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I got into an argument with someone earlier in this thread about giving Simon a bunch of Richter moves to fill out his moveset.

I feel vindicated that that happened, but the fact that they added Richter as well also justifies that decision for them.

"Who's the echo of who?!" indeed Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom