• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silven presents: Ultimate Scrub 2.0 (The Failure Vid)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
That was incredibly funny, especially the commentary ^_^
Im adding this to the best of brawl thread :)

EDIT: After reading the other posts, I really doubt Silven did this to be mean. It was actaually funny, for me at least. Its not like youd get better comments from the people on YouTube so why did you even put the videos up? If youre not ready to have people laugh at how you play (were not even laughing at the players themselves), then dont put non-serious matches up/learn to play better before putting vids up.
/2 cents

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Not like u can play ike on brawl u just left it cause u suck at it
LOL so the random scrubs and his friends made SWF accounts to bump my thread lol thanks :). And yes, I stopped playing Brawl because I sucked at it rofl. I'm still waiting to see you guys deal with a lvl. 9 Luigi btw..

Kagemaru-Sama

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this come out wrong... but let me say from posting from my ps3..

OMFG!!!! dat wuz shiiiiitttt hilareuuuusss hahahahahahahahaha....

*Breathes* Ahem... now me being un-bias and serious. I find this funny and for those who don't well like Silven said, to each their own. Of course it would not seem funny, but in a sense could you really tell if they were trying or not? I'm not saying i'm one of the best smashers in the world, but... come on! If they were serious ok... GET BETTER! But the real offense is to actually DEFEND this type of play. I was a scrub too(not saying that status did or did not change.) Even got a vid to prove it... (Can't pull up atm... long story story short, my tag was S.D. and had an Ike ditto match with my clanmate, 3 stock) But I got remotely better over time. And this is wifi no less... only other Wifi players take wifi seriously, soooooo... please no johns. Anyways, a vid like this was just for fun... harmless?... Like said by Silven, to each their own. Great vid btw...

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Lol, I remember having a friend who turned into a **** because 'he got in Wii Hunters.'

I had one match with him, and I UTilt juggled his Snake with G&W from 0 to 40%.

He called me a tilt spammer. :bee:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hehe to each his own sir. It's not your type of humor, that's all I can say. I'm not sure how it embarrasses me so much but ok. I guess you're referring to the fact that I watched 10 of their matches and compiled it into a 7 minute video huh? :laugh. What can I say? I like making videos..I find it enjoyable. I guess that embarrasses me.....lol more people.
Nah, the video was just a little overdone for something thats not really funny.

I don't deny its a harmless vid, just frivolous. The lines at the end were kind of childish too.

Kagemaru-Sama

Smash Rookie

I don't deny its a harmless vid, just frivolous. The lines at the end were kind of childish too.
Sooooo... u believe it was harmless, ok? That's not your beef, but complain about the quality of the video? :/...

Unless you saying it was blown out of proportion which actually (Correct if im wrong, Silven.) was the idea. The quotes, the "running" jokes... slo-mo, etc etc... Like I said, when people play they try to get better correct? I mean, the true fail in this video is the fact they adults playing this way... And I repeat these as words to wise to the guys in this video.... Wanna erase this blackmark from your souls, lock yourself in a dark room with just a Tv, a wii and brawl. Get some food/drink for a couple of months and..........GET BETTER!!!!

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
The whole idea of a wifi clan just seems funny to me. Essentially wifi + time battles = auto fail. Some of the SDs were pretty funny but I can't say I wouldn't do any better on wifi. In person is the only way to go.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

Whatever, the way I see it if you're THAT bad and then you're gonna say "we were messing around" then why put the videos up on Youtube in the first place? There's absolutely no reason to put videos on Youtube if the matches are just for "fun" as they mentioned plenty of times. If you're gonna put up stupid videos online then prepare to catch some flak for it. I understand the whole "everyone was a nub at some point" stuff but these guys kinda took it to the next level so I made a vid. End of story. I don't understand why a few people take it the wrong way...but whatever. Even if it isn't funny (which is subjective) then just give it a 1 and move on, no need to make a big deal about it..

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
My problem with this video isn't that it's directed at some random wifi clan, I could honestly care less about that. It's just that most of the time the video seems to be over exaggerating clips that really ... aren't funny (to me of course). You could pull clips from dozens of Brawl videos where DI is **** or where you're running into a situation that you immediately regret, but they're just really random happenings in a match. I'm all for Fail videos, don't get me wrong, it's just that in the category of "Brawl Fail/Blooper Montages" I've seen better.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't see why people are making such a bit deal about this, I thought the video was funny, personally. Those people posted the matches on youtube, and when you post something for everyone to see, you have to assume that it may be used in another video by someone, since it's not against the law.

This also just seemed like a video that was made just to be funny, which is was, in my oppinion. Most people, including me, would just sit back and laugh if we saw a video exactly like this made about ourselves. I've had someone post a video of them 3 stocking me in two matches where I made tons of noob mistakes and noob suicides and stuff, I just laughed because simply put: "It's the internet". Nothing on the internet should ever be taken seriously.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
How can so much failure be full of so much win?

This vid has me rolling the first time I watched it. If you ever feel like you're in a rut, this would be the video to pick you back up.

And to Wii Hunters: this may seem like an attack on you guys, but as others have said... it's the internet. Anything and everything is subject to criticism and mockery. If anything, take this as a lesson to seriously improve (or at least quit wifi :bee:).

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Okay...

1. Videos are funnier when you don't have to tell people what they're supposed to laugh at.
2. Videos about your self/crew failing is funny. Targeting a different specific crew is being a ****.
3. Wasn't funny. See points 1 and 2.

Kief

Smash Ace
This was pretty mean of you. Not gonna lie. However, I was rofl the entire time. xD

I'm not gonna give some big critique, since I know this isn't the reason you posted this. I'll simply say thanks for showing this. :p

p.s. These remind me a bit of myself. >_>

Allied

Smash Master
Why would you even make this video? Were you provoked into making this? Are you striking back or something? Or are you just doing this...to make yourself feel better? To try to gain some kind of respect or something? To try to start a fight?

Why are you all encouraging him for being a complete ****?

Seriously, this is an embarassment to the smash community and makes me question the integrity of New York smashers.

So much for being a supportive community...oh how far we have fallen.

---

On the level of play showcased in the video: Yes, there were some clips where the gameplay was extraordinarily bad, but for the most part it's just lolwifi.

1/5 - Boring, shameful, pathetic

QFT

<3 silven

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
haha i played wifi a few days ago and this happened to me. I would double tap aerials off stage because they wouldn't come out and then just die doing the second move lol.

I loved the video though it was a good laugh.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I forgot this existed. I watched it again and laughed harder than I did while I making it. LMAO I guess it's because I haven't seen it in a long time.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
So I get a infraction for a post I made MONTHS ago (this thread) that no other moderator but Vlade (whoever that lame is) had a problem with....

Loser much? Geez stop hating.

Here's the post I got an infraction for. Reason : Censor Dodging. Help me out here because I must be blind.... do you see any censor dodging? *___*

Saw a vid of a Wifi clan called Wii Hunters or whatever and their vids were so fail I had to make this....more info is in the info section on the Youtube page.

CLICK!

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
Why do I always watch these hilarious videos when I'm in the library and everyone can hear me laughing loudly ?_?

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Why do I always watch these hilarious videos when I'm in the library and everyone can hear me laughing loudly ?_?
This, because I had to bite my finger to keep from laughing out loud. I think I almost drew blood. T___T Lol Library.

Good stuff. But I'm afraid I'm a WiFail n00b too. I've got no way of going and the local competition sucks, so my only way to play decent people is to use the internet. ._. But I'm not bad...really! D:

lol.

Top Bottom