• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest things some Smash Bros fans say (State why you find it silly)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
This is actually true in a traditional sense. Guess I overlooked that. I tend to forget that wavedashing was something that was overlooked during development, since they were definitely aware of it.
They knew about this kind of "air dodge"(I don't have a better name to call it before it is known as wavedashing) trick but I think they never thought it would be a huge part of competitive melee we all know of today known as wavedashing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I remember in an interview done with sakurai, this was the main reason ridley wasn't even in the game! *Raughs*
But Ridley is in the game. As a stage hazard. :seuss:
That's weak. Weak and pathetic.

Which brings me to something Sakurai actually said and that some people choose to believe because "It's Lord Sakurai. He can do no wrong!"
"Accurate Portrayals"
Not with Craptain Falcondorf on the roster bub. Or unlimited uses for Pokemon moves. Or Robin having Nosferatu despite being unable to get Shadowgift (only Aversa and female Morgan (if she inherits it)). Also Captain Falcon. Pretty sure his moveset got completely made up without being based on anything.
Yeah I could go one about how "Accurate portrayals" is ridiculous when Marth and Lucina are pretty much the only characters who are accurate to their series (jumping in mid-air aside).

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
(And all the other female hats/things like the bow, the female Kanto Trainer hat, the flower, etc.)

Pikachu is male and has hats like the Red hat, male Kanto Trainer hat, etc.
25:75
>Gender roles
--
-Little Mac is OP
-Little Mac is useless
-Rosalina & Luma should be banned from competitive
-I don't need to sheild or step dodge, I'm good enough.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
My friends always yell at me when I use the shield... They say it's cheap and broken but also hard to use or something... I need to find new friends...

Khao

Smash Lord
-I don't need to sheild or step dodge, I'm good enough.
One of my friends used to be like this. He saw shielding as a "weak strategy." We used to play Smash 64 on emulators at our school's PCs back in the day, and he would even set shield to any key (yes key, we played Smash on a keyboard(Yes, A Keyboard, there were four players sharing a single keyboard, those were the days)).

That was long ago, though.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
"Brawl is rated T because Snake is in there"

Literally everyone who has never played Melee before.
Speaking of Snake I have some things to vent with him as well.

-Snake doesn't fit (even though half naked ZSS and Ike apparently fit just fine)
-Snake isn't Nintendo enough (neither is Pac Man)
-Snake is a one time character (why does this apply to him?)
-Snake isn't as significant as the other third parties (He is the 2nd oldest third party character in Smash and his series has sold more than Mega Man. Not to mention that he is the most well known Konami character)
-Snake is too Sony (he isn't owned by Sony, it is just that after the SNES era. Konami gravitated to Sony just like Capcom and Namco)

The only point I understand is MGSV not being on Wii U when it easily can be. But the points I listed above have driven Snake fans nuts.

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
People who were complaining "player x (typically Rosalina) is OP, please ban/nerf" the first week of the game's release.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
People who were complaining "player x (typically Rosalina) is OP, please ban/nerf" the first week of the game's release.
I remember when everyone though lil mac was Op, now people think he's an easy character to fight since he can die so early.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Because in almost every way Smash 4 is a better game, and I'm not sure why everyone just keeps crawling back to Melee and think it's better
Because people *gasp* prefer the gameplay of Melee. It's not hard to grasp the concept of people preferring a game for it's gameplay.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Because people *gasp* prefer the gameplay of Melee. It's not hard to grasp the concept of people preferring a game for it's gameplay.
There's a difference between preference and something being objectively better in roster count, graphics, number of players, number of stages, number of modes, number of unlockables, etc.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense, but then they shouldn't get made at Smash 4 for not being like it. The only difference in gameplay is probably the speed. I know Melee is faster, but it was originally slowed because they didn't like that people were being to competetive. So they made a compromise and made Smash 4 in between Melee and Brawl for speed. I think Smash 4 appeals to more which makes it better. Melee being slightly faster doesn't mean it's a better game, however they can prefer it if they want.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
There's a difference between preference and something being objectively better in roster count, graphics, number of players, number of stages, number of modes, number of unlockables, etc.
Having more content =/= being an objectively better game. Or else Sonic '06 would be better than all of the Genesis Sonic games.
The only difference in gameplay is probably the speed. I know Melee is faster, but it was originally slowed because they didn't like that people were being to competetive. So they made a compromise and made Smash 4 in between Melee and Brawl for speed. I think Smash 4 appeals to more which makes it better. Melee being slightly faster doesn't mean it's a better game, however they can prefer it if they want.
No, there are much more differences in gameplay than speed. The skill ceiling in Melee is much higher and the game had a much better balance between offense and defense. Smash 4's speed being in between Melee and Brawl is debatable, though the majority finds it to be closer to Brawl. Again, people don't prefer Melee only because it's "slightly faster". They prefer it for it's higher skill ceiling and balanced offensive and defensive gameplay.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Having more content =/= being an objectively better game. Or else Sonic '06 would be better than all of the Genesis Sonic games.
Hence why I said "better in number of X." 49 characters > 26 characters. 46 stages > 29 stages. HD > not HD. 8 players > 4 players. Et cetera, et cetera.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Back when we didn't know the complete roster people said "I hope X character from Smash 64 get's in"
Look, if a character is from the original 12 there is like a 99.9% chance they're in they're in the game.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Am I silly if the gameplay of Smash 64 is my favorite? Like, I miss being able to volleyball people against walls and stuff.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
"DK and Metriod series got so shafted in this game." Yeah, even though they suffered no cuts, had new stages with fairly unique gimmicks, and had a decent amount of remixes. Yep, toooooootally shafted.

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
When i got my sister to play this, she said, and i quote, "This is a ripoff of The Hunger Games".

If i need to say why this is silly, you need some help.

Klaxon

Smash Rookie
Yeah but the games largest target market is children, although the technical aspects give it appeal to all ages.

Klaxon

Smash Rookie
I guess that's a good point, since most parents wouldn't buy their little kids a rated T game anyway

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
- Melee is better than Smash 4
How dare people have different opinions! THE NERVE MAN

It makes sense, but then they shouldn't get made at Smash 4 for not being like it. The only difference in gameplay is probably the speed. I know Melee is faster, but it was originally slowed because they didn't like that people were being to competetive. So they made a compromise and made Smash 4 in between Melee and Brawl for speed. I think Smash 4 appeals to more which makes it better. Melee being slightly faster doesn't mean it's a better game, however they can prefer it if they want.
I actually like Melee a bit more than SSB4, but I wouldn't say I'd get mad at SSB4 for not being Melee. It's a very good game itself even though I prefer Melee's gameplay, stages and single player content more. So er, way to generalize things.

Smash 4 fans bashing on Melee fans are just as bad as Melee fans bashing Smash 4 fans. Seriously, can't we have a Smash thread without people idiotically trying to turn everything into a Melee VS SSB4 bull**** war?

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Smash 4 fans bashing on Melee fans are just as bad as Melee fans bashing Smash 4 fans. Seriously, can't we have a Smash thread without people idiotically trying to turn everything into a Melee VS SSB4 bull**** war?
Human ego that's why

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
"Dark pit is just a recolor of Pit"
-Different side-b, damage, and arrows

"Diddy Kong OP Nerf Pl0x"
-As the game develops, we will find strategies for every character

"1v1 is Cheesy" -My friend

"Chasing people off-stage and attacking is cheap"
-Again - ...

"Zelda is bottom tier"
-I HATE THIS. Zelda has many options with her specials, not mentioning her s-tilt, f-air sweetspot, and she has a meteor smash.

Top Bottom