• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest things some Smash Bros fans say (State why you find it silly)

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Thought that we should have a topic where we laugh at some of the silly things that some Smash Bros. fans say. I'll start it off:

-Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game even though it has characters fighting
-Wavedashing is a glitch even though it's an exploit
-Tournaments are silly even though they keep a game and it's community alive
-clones are a waste of "slots" even though there are no "slots"
-so and so franchise only deserve so and so characters even though characters should be added for what they bring to the table

Post what you find silly with reasons below!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Thought that we should have a topic where we laugh at some of the silly things that some Smash Bros. fans say. I'll start it off:

-so and so franchise only deserve so and so characters even though characters should be added for what they bring to the table

Some of these should be infractable/bannable to say them on the boards. The lies have been perpetuated for too long.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember there was one guy who said that they should remove the whole roster and replace them with Call of Duty soldiers. I laughed my *** off at that one.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
*Smash 4 has No Tech and is literally slower than Brawl

Yes, there are people who say that.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I once came across a post claiming that Pac Man/Namco was over represented in Sm4sh on the Smash Bros. Reddit page.

Now that is ridiculous.

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
People who say that clones don't take up development time even though they have their own victory poses, taunts, voice actors, unique attributes and customs, challenges, trophies, and alternate colors.

Dark Pit 2014, never forget. :p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"Glover should be in Smash, he's way better than Shulk!" (Keep in mind that someone actually said this.)
"Man, *insert character/strategy I'm using here* is so cheap."
"WarioWare is way better than Final Destination!"
"HOO-HAH is soooooo broken."
"Dark Pit totally deserved to be his own separate character!"
"Little Mac is way too good, they should really nerf him."
"Smash Tour and Special Orders are way better than Adventure Mode ever was!"

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
People who say that clones don't take up development time even though they have their own victory poses, taunts, voice actors, unique attributes and customs, challenges, trophies, and alternate colors.

Dark Pit 2014, never forget. :p
???????

People said clones don't take up much development time compared to other fighters. The majority of the hardwork is ALREADY done since they just need to copy paste the characters and apply the necessary changes to them. A lot of what you've just listed takes considerably less work compared to creating a non-clone character.

Also aren't a lot of the customs pretty much copy paste with some minor differences? lol

Last edited:

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
"Melee was an accident" Sure it was never intended to be how it is today but its not like Melee's depth wasn't programmed in intentionally.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman

I've never heard anyone badmouth tournaments? And the line between glitch and exploit is very fuzzy, but neither of those terms need to be used negatively. Whatever it is, people use it in competitive smash.
but if i am to try and add to the conversation, the dumbest things i hear all the time on here are:

sm4sh won't be competitive. (if 2 people play it in a tournament, it's technically competitive. The idea that something needs wavedashing to be competitive is ludicrous. )

Diddy is broken (played him a lot online, he's good, but not MK(brawl) good.)

Custom moves make the game less balanced ( giving every character more moves to work with can only balance the game, so far no major faults in custom moves have been discovered.) although i understand not everyone wants to unlock them all. Nintendo should give some auto custom move unlocking pass to tournament organizers. Maybe only valid for a weekend or something. If they would hear out the fans and offer a solution, sm4sh could be something grand.

rolling/dodging is broken. ( this one just isn't true. Learn how to punish these moves, they each come with considerable lag after they are done )

That's all i got.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The topic doesn't seem too different from the Unpopular Opinions thread.

Khao

Smash Lord
"Disrespect" talk.

Apparently it's a thing when playing online, even though you can't properly communicate with your partner, thus it's impossible to know their intentions when they're do anything. Stop it with the assumptions and enjoy the fight.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
"Glover should be in Smash, he's way better than Shulk!" (Keep in mind that someone actually said this.)

(Cuddels with copy of Xenoblade so that nothing can hurt it anymore....)

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Many of the ATs in Melee (wavedashing and the like) weren't intended to be in the game.
But they are still among things that Sakurai and his crew did notice during development. Therefore saying they were totally unintentional wasn't true, because if it was, they would have done something about it. They just didn't think it would affect as much as it did.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
But they are still among things that Sakurai and his crew did notice during development. Therefore saying they were totally unintentional wasn't true, because if it was, they would have done something about it. They just didn't think it would affect as much as it did.
When was it said that Sakurai and the team were aware of wavedashing and the like?

Selenite

Smash Cadet
"Mewtwo and Dr. Mario are newcomers" despite the fact that they are playable in a previous Super Smash Bros installment, something a newcomer can't say they have.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It's mainly because they would have to redo the environment, namely environmental gravity and character specific momentum. Just because they knew about it doesn't mean it was intentional. It's basically an accident gone wild.

Fixing it would be like assembling a biiiiiiig computer, installing all drivers, finishing setup, and then going "ok, now let's change the mother board and power supply."

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's mainly because they would have to redo the environment, namely environmental gravity and character specific momentum. Just because they knew about it doesn't mean it was intentional. It's basically an accident gone wild.

Fixing it would be like assembling a biiiiiiig computer, installing all drivers, finishing setup, and then going "ok, now let's change the mother board and power supply."
I didn't mean to say it was intentional. I mean that they did not see it as an issue so they didn't do anything about it. Considering how perfectionist Sakurai can be, he would have removed it regardless of time allotted. That or something would have been done in the 1.01/1.02/1.whateveritwas release, which didn't change or 'fix' Wavedashing or anything else but did fix other major bugs.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Silly things huh? Where to start?
-Brawl is a bad game
- This game is unbalanced
-Ridley is going to be playable (Sakurai even gave the exact reason why he won't be playable. People are just grasping now.)
-Wolf is a clone (A part of me dies every time I hear that)
- Jigglypuff should be cut (See above)
- Being casual is bad
- Mac is overpowered
- Items break the game
- Somebody takes a spot from somebody else
- Snake is going to be DLC
- The GC controller is the only way to play Smash
- I heard somebody say Mario is bad. I almost broke down laughing.

Those are just of the top of my head.

Morbi

Scavenger
The most staggeringly common notion that is put forth not only by casual players, but by some players who understand the fundamentals of the game themselves.

"Spamming is wrong."

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Every time someone insists that Jiggs is a Kirby clone, I shed a tear.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Lucario and Mewtwo comparison..

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
"this feels sloppy" - a Melee/P:M player I know when I played him on Smash 64 for the first time.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
"I didn't get Smash 4 because there was no adventure mode."
"The wireless lag on controllers kills my skill."

D

Deleted member 269706

"Dark Pit is my favorite character."
"Sakurai doesn't have bias!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
...you can't properly communicate with your partner, thus it's impossible to know their intentions when they're do anything.
Except...

Also, people complaining about losing to a cheap strategy/bad player when they are the ones that lost to it.

Top Bottom