• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest things some Smash Bros fans say (State why you find it silly)

Khao

Smash Lord
Except...
Yeah, there's that. But most complaints I've seen about the kind of thing I said mention nothing about tags. They just find the weirdest ways to twist their opponent's actions into some sort of personal attack, or some crazy attempt at humiliation.

And there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
-So and so deserves to be cut due to stupid reasons (aka I don't like them)

This is painful as Ilike characters like Jigglypuff, Snake, ROB, and Lucario

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can't believe to this day people still wants Jigglypuff to be cut. lol

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I can't believe to this day people still wants Jigglypuff to be cut. lol
People who say that are probably people who haven't played Smash since Brawl and didn't grow up with 64/Melee. As a kid I never liked Jiggs, but now I can't Imagine a game without her. Lol

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are stupid because they are wasted "slots".

-Jigglypuff is male.

-Bandana Dee is unimportant and he doesn't deserve to be a newcomer in Smash 4.

-Wolf and Lucas are clones.

-Kirby is Bottom Tier.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Calling Sakurai bias because he added 3 kid Icarus characters, he only own 1 character and that's Dark Pit. Someone else made Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus uprising mostly happened because people wanted another Kid Icarus game. People complain about the three Kid Icarus characters but not the three Kirby characters that Sakurai actually created.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
I saw someone on a forum today call Zero Suit Samus a Shiek clone.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
*Ganondorf is a bad character.
*Post-Day 1 DLC characters should not be in the game (So no additional characters thought of after development? Day 1 DLC, I can agree with though).
*Zelda is over-represented in Smash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"This character is a waste of a slot" or "This character doesn't deserve to be in Smash" for whatever dumb*** reasons.

All that bull**** is still popping up to this day, mainly aimed at the clones.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
-Ridley is going to be playable (Sakurai even gave the exact reason why he won't be playable. People are just grasping now.)
*Sakurai gave the reason he isn't playable this time (Sakurai saying he couldn't think of AC Villager being a fighter in Brawl. First newcomer shown for Smash 4). And it's an iffy reason at best. Readies Kryll for incoming attacks
Anyway this isn't the place to argue Ridley stuff so here's some dumb stuff I've seen (and some of it's probably already been posted):

- Wolf is a Fox clone/Lucas is a Ness clone - There's more to characters than the special moves and Final Smash. Even then there's quite a few differences in Wolf's specials to Fox's. Same with Lucas. And both got the unfortunate fate of being cut and having their specials become customs.

- Mewtwo is a Lucario clone - 1. Mewtwo came first. 2. Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere are the only moves that are similar between them.

- K Rool can't be in because he belongs to Rare who are at Microsoft. If you cared to research you'd realise Nintendo own him.

- K Rool can't be in because he's irrelevant. Which is why DHD got added right? Besides K Rool was in Mario Super Sluggers 6/7 years ago which is more recent than plenty of characters in the roster. This stuff can be summed up in the next point.

- X character can't be in because *insert (same old) stupid reason here*. You most likely aren't making the game and even so, I highly doubt you're directing it. May also be worth getting some new material to use if you're against a characters inclusion.

Xenoblade Spoilers.

- Sakurai doesn't spoil games. Someone actually said that. Most of the Face Mechon trophies spoil a big part of Xenoblade. Not to mention Seven having 3 trophies.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well Jigglypuff's gender ratio is 25:75 so there's still a chance it could be male, if a small one.

Melee Taunt

Serena hat

Nurse Joy hat.
(And all the other female hats/things like the bow, the female Kanto Trainer hat, the flower, etc.)

Pikachu is male and has hats like the Red hat, male Kanto Trainer hat, etc.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Saying a character shouldn't be in smash because they'er too new. last time I checked Pikachu, Jigglypuff,and Ness was new characters that have been out for 3 to 4 years before the first smash game. So what makes them so special.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Saying a character shouldn't be in smash because they'er too new. last time I checked Pikachu, Jigglypuff,and Ness was new characters that have been out for 3 to 4 years before the first smash game. So what makes them so special.
Actually, every Smash game has had at least Pokemon character who debutted maybe a year at best before their introduction into Smash Bros. Pikachu and Jigglypuff in 64, Pichu in Melee, Brawl had Lucario, and Greninja in Smash 4.

Also Melee had Roy, the most egregious example of "being new", who actually DID debut in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

ryanator008

Smash Cadet
"You suck at this game", after I win to them. If I suck so bad, then I shouldn't be beating the other 7 players in around 1/5 of the games.
"You only use the cheap characters" when I use a range of more than 10 on a freshly balanced game.
"No items and omega stages are the way the game was meant to be played. That's why they made For Glory!" No, they wouldn't have all the stage hazards and items if they weren't supposed to be used.
"The game is just automatically handicapping you" Everyone knows that it doesn't work like that.
"Ganging up on the best player is what all the tournaments do." I'm pretty sure that strategy would get you kicked out of a tournament, but I don't think 8-player free-for-all is a very popular setup for tournaments anyway.
"I was just going easy on you." Nobody ever does that.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Actually, every Smash game has had at least Pokemon character who debutted maybe a year at best before their introduction into Smash Bros. Pikachu and Jigglypuff in 64, Pichu in Melee, Brawl had Lucario, and Greninja in Smash 4.

Also Melee had Roy, the most egregious example of "being new", who actually DID debut in Smash Bros.
I know that Pikachu and Jigglypuff been out over a year before they was in smash I even say that in my post. I was referring to the people who say a character is too new for only been 5 years old or lower than that. Shulk is a great example of this, his game is 4 years old but people still say he's too new to be in smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Melee Taunt

Serena hat

Nurse Joy hat.
(And all the other female hats/things like the bow, the female Kanto Trainer hat, the flower, etc.)

Huh. Well **** me then.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've heard this uninformed claim a lot lately:
"Projectile-based characters are so annoying and they're for noobs!" Well, excuse us for choosing not to use the overused speedy "combo characters" like Fox, Captain Falcon, and Marth.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
That person is wasting a slot that ____ should have been in!
Ridley's too big*I can hear the clicks of replies already*
Ike is Op in smash brawl and smash 4(Cause' you know slow characters with no projectiles are hard to counter)*There not!*
Smash 4 is a mix between melee and brawl (It's its own game, comparing it to past games is just wrong... Speed wise it's about in between though)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I've heard all of these at least several times.

"*insert advanced tech here* is a glitch/bug/etc."
"X is the true/right way to play the game, as Sakurai intended."
"If we didn't have Sakurai in charge, X character would finally be playable."
"Smash Bros. can't/shouldn't continue without Sakurai."
"Competitive players only play on Final Destination."
-I really dislike this one because the more people claim this to be true, the more people actually believe it. Then you end up with situations like people calling tourney players entitled or hypocritical for not liking For Glory, even though none of them ever asked for a "Final Destination only" mode to begin with.
"It's not Smash if it doesn't have a story mode."
(Regarding a character who is quite obviously not a clone) "X character is a clone."
(Regarding a character who would quite obviously not be a clone) "X character would just be a clone."
"Advanced techniques ruin the game."
"It takes more skill to play with items and/or hazards turned on."
"I hate tiers because I hate pros telling me I can't play as who I want to."
-This is a an amendable case of misinformation I actually see every now and then. Some people seem to think that tier lists exist to dictate character legality or to pressure players into not maining particular characters, which is silly, and not knowing that their purpose is to rank character frequency and performance in order to predict a character's potential in a tournament.
(Within a few days after release) "X character needs to be banned/nerfed/buffed."

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Many things posted here aren't silly and can be debated. Come on people, this is silly:
"Goku for Sm4sh."

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
"Sakurai doesn't care about competitive play"
If he didn't care then the game would not be anywhere near as balanced as it is now. This applies to every smash game too. The fact that the gameplay is still inspired/based on traditional competitive fighting games naturally means the game is competitive. If it were strictly a casual party game why is there so much thought put into the design and how the !@#$ did Smash ever have such a successful competitive scene with so much depth?

"Sakurai thinks competitive players only play on FD"
You really think someone who balances a game that consumes a majority of his life doesn't know that players don't always play on FD? You think he didn't watch a single tournament ever? The one who made Smashville and Battlefield, etc.?

"Slowing down the game makes it less competitive"
These things don't have anything to do with each other. There are slow fighting games that are very successful.

"Long combos make a game more competitive"
If a combo is guaranteed, and a game is built around combos, it would be no different than if the game were built without the combos, aside from people not dying as quickly. Technical skill ceiling, etc., are all relative according to the game's mechanics. Street Fighter is the biggest FG and it doesn't have long combos.

"Making a game more defensive makes it less competitive"
Again, Street Fighter. As long as there is still the same level of interaction between players, whether it be in defensive positioning and baiting or offensive attacks and pressure, it isn't any less or more competitive.

"C stick isn't fair"
kek

"Diddy is OP"
Ok this one might be true to some extent X)

Oh yea, during the leak days:

"Bowser Jr is clearly a Diddy clone, look at that Up B"
"Shulk is clearly a Marth clone, look at his Up B"

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
"(Insert Flavor of the Month/Diddy character here) is OP"

Adapt to their tools using your own and find a way to beat them. If not go like the old saying goes: If you can't beat them, join them.

"(Poster) has created new tier list"

At this point in time it's been a mere 3 months since the release of the 3DS version in Japan and a little over one for the international Wii U version. Creating a so-called tier list now just isn't indicative of any character's potential when the meta is still in extremely early development.

"Smash 4 will never be as competitive or as mechanically deep as Melee"

You're comparing the current analysis of a 3 month old game to an earlier installment out for 13 years. Nothing else needs to be said here.

Khao

Smash Lord

Melee Taunt

Serena hat

Nurse Joy hat.

Well, it could be just a progressive male who doesn't conform to stereotypes and is willing to express his freedom in living life in a way that wasn't forced on him by our society!

You go, Jigglypuff!

Keep fighting for your rights.

And I'll be right at your side.

Because you're not a man.

You are better.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I hate that. When people think that FD is the most neutral stage. It isn't. It actually gives projectile users a clear advantage because nothing is in the way to stop them.

Also I laugh when an uninformed friend of mine complained when I picked Meta Knight in 4 because he didn't look into the fact that Meta Knight isn't even that good.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"(Insert Flavor of the Month/Diddy character here) is OP"

Adapt to their tools using your own and find a way to beat them. If not go like the old saying goes: If you can't beat them, join them.
I'm sorry, but this could easily have a spot in this thread on its own, namely that last part. "Huh, Fox kind of destroys my main, ROB... well, guess I'd better learn how to play Fox!" Going by this mindset, I might as well drop my main for Diddy Kong or Sheik if they're so much better according to the community. It's Brawl's competitive scene all over again...
We have 51 characters to choose from, and we don't need to limit that selection to 5 competitive viable ones.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Brawl's competitive scene is goddamn terrible. I'm sorry, but when you have people like Mew2King and ZeRo outwardly saying that they main Meta Knight because it's easier to win and make money off the game, you know there's a problem. A competitive game can and should still be about the thrill of a fun fight. When your top players are only playing for the win there's a problem.

And don't say it's like that all the time because a large chunk of the best Melee players play out of a love for the game, Axe, Mew2King, and Mango being some of the big ones to name.

I'd like to add as a footnote that I loved Brawl. Just not on a competitive level.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
A friend once said

"Wouldn't the ice climbers be cool if you could like, enter a secret code to make the blue one strip the pink one and spank her with the hammer?"

Do I need to give a reason as to why I find it silly?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Brawl is rated T because Snake is in there"

Literally everyone who has never played Melee before.

Top Bottom