• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest things some Smash Bros fans say (State why you find it silly)

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
"Smash needs more Sonic characters!!"
"Ridley is too big!!"
"Did you know you can unlock Megaman in Smash64?" (Former classmate of mine)
"Rosalina/Little Mac is sooo broken!" (<--Thankfully, this one is getting more rare lately)

And my absolute favorite:
"Edge guarding/gimping/spiking is cheap/unfair!!"

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
"Smash needs more Sonic characters!!"
"Ridley is too big!!"
"Did you know you can unlock Megaman in Smash64?" (Former classmate of mine)
"Rosalina/Little Mac is sooo broken!" (<--Thankfully, this one is getting more rare lately)

And my absolute favorite:
"Edge guarding/gimping/spiking is cheap/unfair!!"
Holy **** that last one made me laugh so hard XD :p

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Marth should be replace by another fire emblem awakening, We already have two of them from that game, why should Marth be replace, He been in two games and a remake and two smash bros. games and if wasn't for fans wanting him we wouldn't even have fire emblem over here. It like having Mario and Link being replace by Nabbit and Tingle.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Marth is the face of FE. He won't be replaced.
And it wouldn't really be like Link being supplanted by Tingle, more like Sheik being replaced instead (She hasn't been in a LoZ game other than OoT, but she is still in Smash because of how iconic both her and the game are).

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
The things I hear that make me shake my head comes down to "The rules you play with are WRONG!!!"

I have heard this both from players who seem to believe that anything but 1 vs 1, no items, on stages deemed balanced enough somehow makes me terrible. I have also heard it from people who think turning items off is the wrong way to play and find it somehow offensive others do that.

I think the fact this game can have such a competitive scene, while also being a game I can take to family gatherings and play with the adults and kids alike shows how well made it is.

Furthermore, friends, family, and I have come up with rule sets that create challenges for the better players, and create chances to win for the newer players. This can't be done in games like Street Fighter, Soul Calliber, etc. At least not as well as it can be here.

Newer people not caring to even find out what apex is would burn out of competitive rules so quickly. . All they wanted was to hang out and have a good time and they are getting swept stock wise at least every other game. On the flip side, competitive players wouldn't want to touch the rule sets we use with their goals.

Point of a GAME is to have FUN... and this has a lot of good ways for different groups of people to do that. Personal preference is just that. And yes, some ways of playing could be deemed wrong for certain purposes but not simply wrong. There aren't many cases where I think telling someone "You are having fun wrong!" makes any sense.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Unfortunately, I have the bad habit of reading youtube comments and the bad luck of having a little brother that plays casually, so here are my fair share of silly things I have heard:

• "Melee is Fox only on Final Destination." by Smash 4 kids. While Fox is the best character of Melee, any person that has seen at least one tourney knows how diverse Melee is; Apex is the perfect example of this with only 2 Foxes in top 8 (3 if you count Mango).
  • "Smash Brawl/4 is an uncompetitive game." by wannabe Melee players. Any Smash game is competitive, just because it doesn't have the depth of Melee it doesn't mean it isn't competitive.
  • "Wobbling should be banned." by Melee/Brawl salty players, Which was the last time someone won a Melee major with Icys? Chu Dat 2007, yea definitely broken.
  • "Competitive rules aren't fun" by casual scrub AKA my brother. Competitive can be fun and vice versa.
  • "The Melee community is the poison of the Smash community" by Smash 4 kids. While some Melee players are less than nice, you can't judge the entire community based on a vocal minority.
Respect every game and it's community guys, don't believe every Smash 4 player is a campy and every Melee player a hater to every other game, let's respect each other's differences to be a nicer community ^_^

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Meteors are cheap."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Meteors are cheap."
There are in Meteor Herd in Sonic Adventure 2/Battle. >_<

Now, in Smash... they're completely fair. It's only the first game they were super easy to land. Now they require skill to use. I'm quite happy about this.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Me: why do you never use items and only play on literally 3 stages ALL THE TIME
Person: because I want to play competitive
What? Just because you don't follow the tournament rulesets 24 7 doesn't mean you can't try to win :/

Person: Brawl is a bad game
Me: really? Brawl is arguably the best smashbros game. Having a great single player mode. An online expirience (i know it's not the best but it's a lot better then fighting CPUs), one of the best casts (anyone like Ike, snake, Lucas, wolf, or sonic?), a working stage builder, and the most content over all maybe brawl is not the best smash bros game for apex due to mk not having a hard counter among pros but it's no doubt a great game and saying it's not because of one character you don't like is ridiculous

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
*Grabbing/tactic/projectile* is cheap, stop being a coward and fight me.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Me: why do you never use items and only play on literally 3 stages ALL THE TIME
Person: because I want to play competitive
What? Just because you don't follow the tournament rulesets 24 7 doesn't mean you can't try to win :/
This is actually something I have thought about. If I ever decide to enter a tournament how much would that change my play? Probably would want to just play competitive rules within a block of time leading up to it... but at the same time I don't want to miss out on fun with friends.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
"Sonic has no business being in Smash. They should of had Knuckles."
Sonic is LITERALLY the face of SEGA. They aren't going to get rid of him for a side character. If they were to go for another Sonic character, I'm pretty sure they'd go for Tails before Knuckles, for game-debut seniority reasons.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is LITERALLY the face of SEGA. They aren't going to get rid of him for a side character. If they were to go for another Sonic character, I'm pretty sure they'd go for Tails before Knuckles, for game-debut seniority reasons.
Sega doesn't seem to care what hapens to their face anymore

Last edited:

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
"Metroid is a dead series and has no possibility for newcomers." Adam, Rundas, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Ghor are all waiting to get in.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"Metroid is a dead series and has no possibility for newcomers." Adam, Rundas, Ridley, Dark Samus, and Ghor are all waiting to get in.
To be fair, who really wants Adam? And who exactly are Rundas and Ghor? They... aren't really prominent characters.

Last edited:

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Adam is an incredible character beloved by the fanbase who is deeply and actually sarcasm doesn't work on the internet does it please don't hurt me

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say it, but I think Shadow would be the most likely Sonic character. He's crazy popular because he's 3edgy5me. (I will happily admit to being biased against Sonic though)

"John Cena should be a playable character."
That is the best idea I have ever heard.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
To be fair, who really wants Adam? And who exactly are Rundas and Ghor? They... aren't really prominent characters.
Really I'm just disproving that their is no possibility of new Metroid fighters. I think Rundas and Ghor are a stretch, but could make for interesting kits based on their boss fights in Prime 3.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
"Games aimed at casual users, such as Wii Sports and Wii Fit, reinvigorated the market and their success lay behind Wii’s popularity, [so] we had to make sure that Brawl would also be fun for first-time players. We also had to make sure that everyone could use the controls, such as holding the Wii Remote sideways." - Mashahiro Sakurai

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thought that we should have a topic where we laugh at some of the silly things that some Smash Bros. fans say. I'll start it off:

-Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game even though it has characters fighting
-Wavedashing is a glitch even though it's an exploit
-Tournaments are silly even though they keep a game and it's community alive
-clones are a waste of "slots" even though there are no "slots"
-so and so franchise only deserve so and so characters even though characters should be added for what they bring to the table

Post what you find silly with reasons below!
OH WOW. I've never heard those opinions before,

What's the point of this thread?

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say it, but I think Shadow would be the most likely Sonic character. He's crazy popular because he's 3edgy5me. (I will happily admit to being biased against Sonic though)

That is the best idea I have ever heard.
No shadow should get in because he has the POTENTIAL to have a vet unique moveset utilizing chaos control and is pretty much the only sonic character with an actual backstory with character development. But I think Sakurai will handle knuckles better due to teh temptation to make shadow yet another complete clone

Last edited:

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
"Games aimed at casual users, such as Wii Sports and Wii Fit, reinvigorated the market and their success lay behind Wii’s popularity, [so] we had to make sure that Brawl would also be fun for first-time players. We also had to make sure that everyone could use the controls, such as holding the Wii Remote sideways." - Mashahiro Sakurai
I hope you are not implying that this is somehow untrue

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
kid: who do you play as?
Me: metaknight
Kid: metaknight sux man he isn't even that good I play pit get wrecked
Me: .......

Last edited:

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash