• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest things some Smash Bros fans say (State why you find it silly)

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
After all te dark pit haters why would they add dark spamus?
Her Phazon based attacks are completely different from Samus' Chozo designed weaponry. If you've seen the attacks the Dark Samus AT, they are just waiting to get repurposed into Special attacks, as well as the Morph Ball dashes she and her clones are capable of doing in the MP3 boss battle to replace the Morph Ball Bomb special, and her ability to fly/levitate as a recovery instead of Screw Attack. Her ability to create clones or echoes of herself make for a potentially very interesting moveset (think Noob Saibot).

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Her Phazon based attacks are completely different from Samus' Chozo designed weaponry. If you've seen the attacks the Dark Samus AT, they are just waiting to get repurposed into Special attacks, as well as the Morph Ball dashes she and her clones are capable of doing in the MP3 boss battle to replace the Morph Ball Bomb special, and her ability to fly/levitate as a recovery instead of Screw Attack. Her ability to create clones or echoes of herself make for a potentially very interesting moveset (think Noob Saibot).
I see but who come dark pit only uses his trade mark staff for his final smash :/

AUS

Smash Cadet
"Stop spamming L-cancel"
"Kirby is the best character in Melee cause of his Nair" (Yes I have heard this said before, and not as a joke.)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I see but who come dark pit only uses his trade mark staff for his final smash :/
Probably because he's a literal clone of Pit and would use pretty much what Pit uses other than his Dark Pit Staff, which is his own custom weapon.

Exactly. I don't know why anyone would say Dark Samus would be a flat-out clone of Samus. Did no one pay attention when they fought her in Echoes and Corruption? She moves and attacks nothing like Samus.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
"Wavedashing and L-Canceling are glitches/exploits, you should play the game how it was intended"
Yeah I know, such a common fallacy in this community.
We are the consumers, why should we be regulated how we want to play the game? It's actually amazing how professionals have trained themselves throughout the series' lifespan. And there isn't another fighting game like Smash, so the "other fighting games can fit your needs" is also invalid. And why shouldn't we use these exploits at a competitive level? Just look at for glory and see how many scrubs exploit rolling, smash attacks and spamming. THAT is what should be unintended. Seriously, how many Links and C. Falcons I have played that spam the crap out of their attacks? Don't forget Sanic too...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai only had time to make him a quick clone and barely adjusted his stats likewise. We may get slightly varied stats in the patches if lucky, but I think he was kept the same regardless. He had to have enough unique stuff to be more than a costume, and he fit that bill with a few different special move stat changes, and a different Final Smash from Pit.

_gold_

Smash Master
Sakurai only had time to make him a quick clone and barely adjusted his stats likewise. We may get slightly varied stats in the patches if lucky, but I think he was kept the same regardless. He had to have enough unique stuff to be more than a costume, and he fit that bill with a few different special move stat changes, and a different Final Smash from Pit.
What makes you think he only had a short time to make Dark Pit? How do you know he didn't have a slot in the roster mid-way through development?

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
"Melee was an accident" Sure it was never intended to be how it is today but its not like Melee's depth wasn't programmed in intentionally.
If I am correct the original quote was (at least the one I saw) is "Melee was a beautiful accident."

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What makes you think he only had a short time to make Dark Pit? How do you know he didn't have a slot in the roster mid-way through development?
...Wasn't it said from Sakurai and pretty much everyone that the 3 clones were last additions to the roster?

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
"Wavedashing and L-Canceling are glitches/exploits, you should play the game how it was intended"
Yeah I know, such a common fallacy in this community.
We are the consumers, why should we be regulated how we want to play the game? It's actually amazing how professionals have trained themselves throughout the series' lifespan. And there isn't another fighting game like Smash, so the "other fighting games can fit your needs" is also invalid. And why shouldn't we use these exploits at a competitive level? Just look at for glory and see how many scrubs exploit rolling, smash attacks and spamming. THAT is what should be unintended. Seriously, how many Links and C. Falcons I have played that spam the crap out of their attacks? Don't forget Sanic too...
You know what I find funny? When casuals say that they hate competitive players for imposing rules when playing and then go on to say that wavedashing shouldn't be abused, items should be on, etc, effectively making their own set of rules. Apparently, it's ok when they do it because it's for fun.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers have a good chance to come back as DLC for Smash 4.

I understand that people want them back, and they could very well come back for Smash 5, but Sakurai already said they can't be in this game because of technical restrictions.

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Ice Climbers have a good chance to come back as DLC for Smash 4.

I understand that people want them back, and they could very well come back for Smash 5, but Sakurai already said they can't be in this game because of technical restrictions.
...technical restrictions of the 3DS. Seems highly unlikely, but if they either cut Sm4sh 3DS support or just treat it as its own separate game, we could see them on the Wii U.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
rosalina diehard mains say shes not op lol... ive used her a lot and i know how good she is, they say luma is easy to kill, but a good rosa wont let you kill luma easily

some people day diddy is ok (its not as bad as brawl mk, but its still pretty bad)

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
...technical restrictions of the 3DS. Seems highly unlikely, but if they either cut Sm4sh 3DS support or just treat it as its own separate game, we could see them on the Wii U.
But that would alienate the 3DS users and contradict the fact that both versions would have the same roster.

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
But that would alienate the 3DS users and contradict the fact that both versions would have the same roster.
Oh totally. That's why I said it's highly unlikely. If anything, I see it happening a couple years down the line when/if the Wii U edition proves itself to be the enduring version (larger player base, bigger source of revenue, etc., etc.). Doesn't really seem like Nintendo's style though.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Back when we didn't know the complete roster people said "I hope X character from Smash 64 get's in"
Look, if a character is from the original 12 there is like a 99.9% chance they're in they're in the game.
:4jigglypuff:Her only saving grace. I'm very happy that this is so.

"Little Mac is OP" (my friends and people on GameFAQs)
"Little Mac is useless" (people on GameFAQs)
"Jigglypuff is a joke character" (My friends, who I then proceed to destroy with said character.)
"Heavy characters are bad" (Casuals I know in real life. I then proceed to destroy them with Bowser and D3.)
"Diddy isn't one of the best characters in the game." (Only a few say this. They are in denial.)
"Items are balanced" (People who like items.)
"Rolling is the only dodge move I need" (terrible people in FG.)

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
"Why is Bowser so short" and "oh my god dat Bowser air mobility so good" (Me, when I whiff my sh's and punishes cause I'm bad)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
"Lylat Cruise is a bad competitive stage because it tilts." It's an aircraft.

Last edited:

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
"Jump-cancelled Usmash is a glitch and should be banned"- A guy on freaking Anther's Ladder. It is stupid because a) it's an exploit and b) banning things that don't break the game just because Sakurai didn't put them there for you to use is stupid.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
rosalina diehard mains say shes not op lol... ive used her a lot and i know how good she is, they say luma is easy to kill, but a good rosa wont let you kill luma easily

some people day diddy is ok (its not as bad as brawl mk, but its still pretty bad)
That's because she's not OP. She's a good character. She isn't OP by any stretch.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
"[X] is OP" (in relation to Sm4sh or Melee anyway) - No. No they are not. Brawl MK was perhaps a bit OP. Diddy is very good, Sheik is probably better, neither of them are OP. They can be and often are beaten. Fox is fantastic in Melee. He is not OP by any stretch of the imagination because everybody knows how to exploit his weaknesses by this point.
Just because something is very good, even the best, doesn't mean it is overly good. OP means too good. As in, too good to be fair to play against. Not just too good for you to beat.
Wait I could have just copy/pasted the definition of "scrub" here and left it at that.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
"Custom moves shouldn't be legal not even for Palutena or Mii Fighters". Yeah, so more options for moves is bad and we should keep the worse characters even worse.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Everything Leffen has ever said as of 2015.
He is perfecting his power rangers villain persona.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
"Mr. Incredible should return for SSF2!"
"Tiers don't matter!"
"Little Mac isn't annoying."
"Melee is the only good smash bros. game!"

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
"It's smash 4! Anyone can win!"
I heard this, with my own two ears, then proceeded to demolish him as villager.

(could've been sarcasm, but I really couldn't tell.)

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Warning Received
I hate how some people wanted to have Mario tornado back and Nintendo CREATES a character who has difffrent properties compared to Mario but the same moveset (besides his Doc's down special) and the same people who wanted Mario tornado back complained about having a new character with the move they wanted back.

People thinking the tier list is a joke.
Tier lists just determine who has less of a chance of winning based on how many real people do with them... if thats not it it characters properties are compared to other characters properties and matching them together will show who is more dominent properties.

-Good melee players only use top tier characters
-Sonic needs to be cut
-Having characters from diffrent companys means we need more from them
-Mewtwo is a clone (Someone said something about this... I THINK Lucario's forward smash is the same as Mewtwo's.)
-Sakurai needs to quit whining (I rarely see these posts on forums....not here. But people say that he was faking his arm and mental injuries.)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

-Good melee players only use top tier characters
-Sonic needs to be cut
-Having characters from diffrent companys means we need more from them
-Mewtwo is a clone (Someone said something about this... I THINK Lucario's forward smash is the same as Mewtwo's.)
-Sakurai needs to quit whining (I rarely see these posts on forums....not here. But people say that he was faking his arm and mental injuries.)
Word of advice, use the edit button instead of double triple posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
"The clones are wasted slots." Talk of slots is subjective since it actually is "fight" in Smash are the character designs.

On the other hand the clones are extremely easy to do since I already have done modeling work.

Primarily this.

Top Bottom