• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
This is great looking concept art, why not post it in the Discord server too, I discussed some other game stuff there, including a rework to shields that I quite like.
I just tend to check here more often than on Discord, but I'll try to be on Discord more. Also, there was a service outage in my area yesterday so no internet.
:drshrug:
In terms of Up Air animations, Pyro Orb could be based off Ness' up air.
But Ness Up Air is a headbutt, I was talking more along the lines of an upward angled Ness F-Air.
Screenshot 2024-06-21 011928.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I just tend to check here more often than on Discord, but I'll try to be on Discord more. Also, there was a service outage in my area yesterday so no internet.
:drshrug:

But Ness Up Air is a headbutt, I was talking more along the lines of an upward angled Ness F-Air.
View attachment 391374
No Internet; that's rough, buddy. Also, small correction Ness HAD a headbutt Up Air, but was changed during Ultimate, Lucas still has a headbutt Up Air though.

This is his current Up Air, where he trails orbs along his fingers.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
No Internet; that's rough, buddy. Also, small correction Ness HAD a headbutt Up Air, but was changed during Ultimate, Lucas still has a headbutt Up Air though.

This is his current Up Air, where he trails orbs along his fingers.
Yeah, right after posting I did a double take and looked it up only to realize that it was changed. Shows you how often I play Ness. That could work too then.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Yeah, right after posting I did a double take and looked it up only to realize that it was changed. Shows you how often I play Ness. That could work too then.
Kalin could use an electrically charged headbutt for her Up Air, since she uses a few headbutts in her existing kit. Just food for thought.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh you know that trope in anime where the dimwitted or eccentric character has a strange of their hair sticking out, I think it would be cool for Aremi to have that strand of hair when her hood is down. This isn't just a aestetic thing, said strand will be lit when she tosses her head like a bomb for her Up Special, and it usually lights up when she performs an enhanced special move or Hypermax Attack, or when ever she is excited in general, I think that would be a cool trait to include, though of course that is an exclusively optional aesthetical trait to think about.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh you know that trope in anime where the dimwitted or eccentric character has a strange of their hair sticking out, I think it would be cool for Aremi to have that strand of hair when her hood is down. This isn't just a aestetic thing, said strand will be lit when she tosses her head like a bomb for her Up Special, and it usually lights up when she performs an enhanced special move or Hypermax Attack, or when ever she is excited in general, I think that would be a cool trait to include, though of course that is an exclusively optional aesthetical trait to think about.
An ahoge? I can add one if you want. If it factors in for visual cues that works better for me anyway. I wanted her hood to be down to begin with.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
An ahoge? I can add one if you want. If it factors in for visual cues that works better for me anyway. I wanted her hood to be down to begin with.
Yeah that's what i'm talking about. The hair could factor for visual cues to if you want, up to you.

Also I'm going to post my whole thing on reworking shields here if your not looking on discord, which I do recommend you do in the future.

In Sigma Busters, the default shield is less durable (about 35% so) than the Smash Bros shield, however by shielding while tilting up or down on the left stick, you can perform two different shield stances. Ground Shielding gives full protection from the sides, being even more durable than the Smash Bros shield, but your fully vulnerable from the top, meanwhile Sky Shielding is the opposite, giving full protection from attacks from above, but being exposed on the sides. To compensate for lower HP, the Default Shield will never shrink and cover all parts of the body. Instead of Perfect Shielding, you can spend a bit of meter (ill discuss this later), to perform a Shield Burst, which gives a bit of invincibility, and stuns opponents directly touching your fighter, however there is a lot of endlag if the burst misses, so its high risk and high reward. On the topic of Shield Breaks, instead of flying upwards, if a shield gets broken they will get staggered on the ground, on one hand this stun lasts a shorter amount of time compared to Smash Bros' shield stun, but on the other hand your more easily vulnerable to getting combo'd on by opponents.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Yeah that's what i'm talking about. The hair could factor for visual cues to if you want, up to you.

Also I'm going to post my whole thing on reworking shields here if your not looking on discord, which I do recommend you do in the future.

In Sigma Busters, the default shield is less durable (about 35% so) than the Smash Bros shield, however by shielding while tilting up or down on the left stick, you can perform two different shield stances. Ground Shielding gives full protection from the sides, being even more durable than the Smash Bros shield, but your fully vulnerable from the top, meanwhile Sky Shielding is the opposite, giving full protection from attacks from above, but being exposed on the sides. To compensate for lower HP, the Default Shield will never shrink and cover all parts of the body. Instead of Perfect Shielding, you can spend a bit of meter (ill discuss this later), to perform a Shield Burst, which gives a bit of invincibility, and stuns opponents directly touching your fighter, however there is a lot of endlag if the burst misses, so its high risk and high reward. On the topic of Shield Breaks, instead of flying upwards, if a shield gets broken they will get staggered on the ground, on one hand this stun lasts a shorter amount of time compared to Smash Bros' shield stun, but on the other hand your more easily vulnerable to getting combo'd on by opponents.
Oh, that's a pretty interesting dynamic for shielding. I like it.

I do want to ask if there's a version with coverage from below for when you're shielding on a platform.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Oh, that's a pretty interesting dynamic for shielding. I like it.

I do want to ask if there's a version with coverage from below for when you're shielding on a platform.
I could make it so that the lower position also shields beneath you, but that could make the 2 positions imbalanced, in that case a neutral position may be best, even though it has less health it's good for tanking a few good attacks.

More stuff like this is on the server, so if you want to give more in depth comments I recommend going there.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I could make it so that the lower position also shields beneath you, but that could make the 2 positions imbalanced, in that case a neutral position may be best, even though it has less health it's good for tanking a few good attacks.

More stuff like this is on the server, so if you want to give more in depth comments I recommend going there.
I'll try to hop in tomorrow afternoon. Still at work rn.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I'll try to hop in tomorrow afternoon. Still at work rn.
Cool good to know, I may or may not take a break today coding, am a bit tired from working the last few days, but I'll be still open to discussion, and if you sprites for me to animate I'll be back to work doing said sprites. One thing I do want to know is if you prefer the sound of getting hit from 64 or from another smash game, I feel like hitting someone is 64 just hits differently compared to other games.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Cool good to know, I may or may not take a break today coding, am a bit tired from working the last few days, but I'll be still open to discussion, and if you sprites for me to animate I'll be back to work doing said sprites. One thing I do want to know is if you prefer the sound of getting hit from 64 or from another smash game, I feel like hitting someone is 64 just hits differently compared to other games.
Never played 64 myself, but from the gameplay I have watched, the hit effects do sound satisfyingly crunchy. I guess that depends more on if you think that type of sound meshes well with the rest of the games design.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
My favorite part of ironing out bugs Kirbeh Kirbeh is that there are some bugs that could be reworked into hidden tech. One of these hidden techs is what I call a "long jump" where if you jump during the hyperdash, my wavedash equivalent, you jump much higher than even a fullhop, about 20% more, which means you also jump farther as well. This is a cool burst movement option, so I ironed the bug out to make it so when you do jump during a hyperdash, you perform this enhanced long jump, which I feel gives the ability more reason to spend meter on it, a cool thing only discovered due to a glitch. Neeto huh?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My favorite part of ironing out bugs Kirbeh Kirbeh is that there are some bugs that could be reworked into hidden tech. One of these hidden techs is what I call a "long jump" where if you jump during the hyperdash, my wavedash equivalent, you jump much higher than even a fullhop, about 20% more, which means you also jump farther as well. This is a cool burst movement option, so I ironed the bug out to make it so when you do jump during a hyperdash, you perform this enhanced long jump, which I feel gives the ability more reason to spend meter on it, a cool thing only discovered due to a glitch. Neeto huh?
Was that necessarily a bug or just the game physics carrying over the momentum of the hyperdash? Either way it does seem like a natural/good fit.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Was that necessarily a bug or just the game physics carrying over the momentum of the hyperdash? Either way it does seem like a natural/good fit.
TBH I don't know, sometimes the jump registered as a standard jump, sometimes the momentum of the dash made the jump higher. Either way, now you will always have the higher jump when dashing. As a universal mechanic, all long jumps are 1.2x higher than fullhops. Some of the slow peeps like LAMBDA or the ones with slippery traction like Wynnie would likely benefit from this mechanic the most to cover farther ground. LAMBDA will just get naturally better air mobility after dashing, and Wynnie's low traction makes her long jumps both higher and longer than most of the cast. Some characters, like Weevle, who already have high air mobility, may not benefit as much from this mechanic as it means they may fly too far for the player to handle, so this is dependent from character to character.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Debating on if wavedashing should be linked to meter, really tricky to think about ngl. I don't want to limit to many options without meter. One idea the Guts Meter could be used for general movement is to have it be used for directional airdodges, every character has a stationary airdodge like Brawl/Smash 4 but when you use Guts Meter you will be able to perform a directional airdodge, essentially acting like an air dash. How does that sound.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Kirbeh Kirbeh I am happy to announce that basic movement (running, jumping, dashing, etc) lacks ANYmore jank, no more crashes, no more freezing, no more randomly getting infinite height when dashing off a platform. It is now bug-free. This finishes Phase 1 of my game development. Now onto Phase 2, which is either fleshing out the menu or programming attacks, based on how far you are with the sprites.

Also, I added a potential new meter action where if you input jump while pressing the meter button, you perform a Longjump, which has 20% more power than a full hop, making it your highest jump height. This was inspired by a glitch I found when performing the Hyper Dash function that made you jump much higher and farther while in a Hyper Dash state. How does it sound?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
When you get the chance Kirbeh Kirbeh do you think we're ready to share Aremi's profile, I want to build hype for the game and introduce some of the characters soon.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh I realized we lacked a water-based fighter, and this character could work well as the evil villainess femme fatale rival to Chell.

Name - Tela Angelique
Gender - Female
Species - Atlanticus Space Slug
Origin -
A literal definition of a sweet and beautiful outside but truly toxic inside, Tela Angelique is among the highest ranked assassins of the Black Fang Syndicate, a notorious ring of smugglers, dealers, and poachers that seep into the far reaches of the galaxy. While loved superficially for her beauty and grace, she is also widely feared and despised by the lower ranks of the syndicate for her utterly callous personality. No one will say anything to her face though, lest they potentially die a horrible death from her truly toxic complexion. As an Atlanticus Space Slug, Tela's skin secretes a skin-melting poison with a deep blue tinge, Tela is all too happy to deal this poison out to anyone she deems as a potential target. Due to her volatile nature, she isn't sent out to missions much by the Syndicate, only used as a last resort if something truly gone wrong. Unfortunately for everyone, the Double Sigma's return caused such an event. With the syndicate fractured, Tela sees this as an opportunity to dish her own toxic version of crusading, melting hearts, skin, and souls along the way. If you want a scenario where you want a group of bloodthirsty vampire bugs to win, this is such a scenario.
Appearance - Tela takes inspiration from the Glaucus atlanticus a similarly beautiful and equally toxic species of mollusk. From the outset, Tela has a striking design of grace and beauty, with piercing cobalt eyes, a mainly cyan and white skin tone, and tentacles on her arm that resemble ribbons or fans. However, some traits of her showcase her true nature, such as her fanged mouth, fingers dripping with venom, and talons on hands and feet. When battling, she whips the tentacles on her arms like fans, splashing venom all over the place, and her neck has noticeable gills, which she can puff up to spew more poison. She showcases impressively nimble postures, and wears an attire that both accentuates her beauty while giving her flexibility in combat.

Archetype - Rushdown/Punisher
Gimmick - Venom Gauge -
Some of Tela's attacks use venom that naturally grows over time via a meter. This blue venom will poison foes and extend the range of certain attacks. If her Venom Meter runs out, Tela can't poison foes anymore until it fills up to full.

Intended Strengths -

• Tela's whip-like tentacles give her good horizontal range, making her attacks in those directions excellent.
  • Her range and damage can be increased via her Venom Gauge, helping her kill tankier foes.
  • High traction on the ground gives her precise movement.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Despite her good running speed, her walk speed is among the worst in the game, meaning she has a harder time utilizing micro movements.
  • High traction makes her dashes more precise, yes, but she gets less value from dashing, again stifling her micro movements.
  • Without her Venom Gauge, Tela lacks reliable KO methods.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
D-
Running Speed - B-
Traction - A+
Jump Height -
A
Air Acceleration - B+
Fall Speed - C-
Weight - C+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Blue Splash -
A twin whip-strike using her tentacles, the tip of these tentacles trail with blue venom to poison foes.
Forward Tilt - Tentaslash - A quadruple tentacle strike forward, compared to the jab it deals more hits of damage but deals less knockback and uses more of the Venom Gauge.
Up Tilt - Drilling Launcher Kick -
Flipping herself over, using her tentacles as a boost, Tela performs a drilling kick attack upwards. Has among the highest range of a Up Tilt, and even boosts Tela in the air to combo into an aerial move.
Down Tilt - Tentacle Trip - A low sweep performed with her tentacles, causing foes to trip if she hits the tip of her tentacles.
Back Tilt - Cross-turn Slash - Tela performs a cartwheel backwards, before performing a X-shaped slash with her tentacles. This attack is quite unique as compared to other Back Tilts, for one it turns her around, has high knock back, poisons foes, and can break shields. But it has among the highest start-up of any Back Tilt, making this a risky move to use at times.
Dash Attack - Blue Lariat - A spinning lariat gets performed, and when her Venom Gauge is high, drops of venom will splash around, creating puddles on the floor as hazards. Has high end-lag after use, so be mindful of that.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Scythe Slash -
Curving her tentacles into a sharp scythe, Tela slashes forward, dealing high damage and knockback, especially at the tip of the move. The tip also poisons foes when it connects.
Up Charge - Corrosive Cartwheel - A cartwheel attack gets used, all four limbs have their own venomous hitbox. The longer the move is charged, the farther the venom travels.
Down Charge - Cobalt Splitter - Tela goes down to perform the splits, each heel dealing weaker damage compared to most Down Charges but compensating with higher knockback.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Blue Spinner -
A quick spinning attack gets performed, launching foes with a subtle diagonal angle.
Forward Air - Dual Slash - Spinning her body, Tela slashes twice with her tentacles, poisoning foes in the process.
Up Air - Juggling Kicks - Tela performs three kicks upwards to juggle foes.
Down Air - Blue Heel - A potent spike, but the attack is performed with a single, albeit strong, heel attack, making the range short.
Back Air - Heel Smash - A single kick backwards, using both of Tela's feet to attack,

Grabs:
Tella has a tether grab and zair, but unlike Aremi she can't wall jump off walls.

Pummel - Venom Claw -
A weak pummel using her claws, but if you use the Venom Gauge you can poison the foe while in your grasp.
Forward Throw - Kick-back - A thrusting kick back launches the foe.
Down Throw - Talon Digger - Digging deep into the opponent's flesh, Tela buries the foe beneath her.
Back Throw - Low Sweep - Uniquely for a throw, Tela slides the foe back and trips them, allowing her to set up combos.
Up Throw - Blue Upper - A strong upwards punch is performed, sending the foe upwards into the blast zone, a solid kill throw and one of Tela's most reliable kill options.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Venom Saw -
A piercing projectile that crawls along the floor, damaging and poisoning foes that cross its path. If you lack Venom Gauge this move can't be used.
  • Neutral Hyper - Corrosive Cutter - The saw is taller, increasing its range, and when it collides it explodes dealing more damage and sending foes upwards,
Side Special - Blue Surfer - A quick swimming motion is performed, and while initially being a weak boost of water, you can mash the Special button to rise in the air, spending the Venom Gauge in the process. A solid attack and recovery tool, though if you run out of venom, you get sent into free-fall.
  • Side Hyper - Cobalt Breach - A massive jump out of the venomous water gets performed, turning Tela into a comet of poison, increasing the vertical distance the move travels.
Down Special - Deep Dive - Splashing into the ground like water, Tela goes underneath the ground before ambushing out the water in the surprise attack. Be careful of the end-lag of the move, as it can come to bite you.
  • Down Hyper - Polluted Waters - When coming out, Tela splashes the foe with her venom, making the move more deadly.
Up Special - Venom Boost - A command-grab ala Falcon Dive or Dark Dive where Tela leaps diagonally upwards to intercept and blast foes downwards, soaking them in venom while increasing her height. If she lacks venom, this will simply cause her to weakly leap. If the move wiffs she will be sent into free-fall.
  • Up Hyper - Venom Dive - The command-grab now has increased vertical range, and the grab itself deals more damage and knockback.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Gill Burst -
A cone of venom gets shot out of Tela's gills, pushing foes back due to a windbox being spawned and poisoning them.
Level 2 - X-Slash - Creating an X from her whips, Tela creates a lingering barrier of venom that explodes after sometime, giving her both protection and some stage control.
Level 3 - Heart of Darkness - A very risky move that has Tela create a slow, heart-shaped projectile in a weird wave pattern, if it connects the foe will face near fatal damage in the process.

I decided to base Tela on that specific species of sea slug because they are native of Australia, and Chell and Deran already have an Australian vibe to them so I might as well make that an overarching theme. In case you're wondering, I modeled Tela's grab and Up Throw based off Scorpion's famous command grab (GET OVER HERE), but using a tentacle instead of chains. Was bored, so I made this kit to pitch to you, how do you like it? When you review all these new fighter kits, I'll post them to the OP.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
First off, sorry for being radio silent this past week. Unfortunately, I've haven't really gotten to work on anything until this evening due to work and irl stuff. It's been an especially draining past few days, so I've basically been at work or asleep.

Debating on if wavedashing should be linked to meter, really tricky to think about ngl. I don't want to limit to many options without meter. One idea the Guts Meter could be used for general movement is to have it be used for directional airdodges, every character has a stationary airdodge like Brawl/Smash 4 but when you use Guts Meter you will be able to perform a directional airdodge, essentially acting like an air dash. How does that sound.
I'd say go ahead and experiment with it as a meter thing and then toy around with as a normal action. Get a feel for both and see what you think.

I'd personally still stick it onto meter because it's just such a useful tool that it's arguable that there'd be no reason to not constantly be zipping around the screen if it's not limited but it depends on whether you have other ideas for trying to balance it.

Kirbeh Kirbeh I am happy to announce that basic movement (running, jumping, dashing, etc) lacks ANYmore jank, no more crashes, no more freezing, no more randomly getting infinite height when dashing off a platform. It is now bug-free. This finishes Phase 1 of my game development. Now onto Phase 2, which is either fleshing out the menu or programming attacks, based on how far you are with the sprites.

Also, I added a potential new meter action where if you input jump while pressing the meter button, you perform a Longjump, which has 20% more power than a full hop, making it your highest jump height. This was inspired by a glitch I found when performing the Hyper Dash function that made you jump much higher and farther while in a Hyper Dash state. How does it sound?
Similar to the above, I'd say go ahead and implement it just to test it out and see if it's something you want to keep/tone down, etc.

When you get the chance Kirbeh Kirbeh do you think we're ready to share Aremi's profile, I want to build hype for the game and introduce some of the characters soon.
Ideally soon, but to do that we need to finally, finalize, her move set. Here is my latest (and hopefully last) revision based on your most recent one.

No stats and other stuff since we're pretty much good on that.

MOVELIST

Normal Attacks

Neutral Attack: Pyro Punch
– A three hit combo consisting of a quick one-two, followed by a strong backhand knuckle.

Forward Tilt: Wildfire – Aremi performs a hopping fiery roundhouse that moves her forward a bit.

Back Tilt: Blaze – A quick, flame covered, roundhouse kick aimed backward.

Up Tilt: Torch Bearer – Aremi swings her arm in an overhead arc while producing flames from her fingertip.

Down Tilt: Underbrush – Aremi performs a sliding kick. The low profile allows her to duck under projectiles and some other standing attacks (though it doesn't go very far.)

This move will trip opponents if they were running but will only deal light knockback if they were standing or attacking.

Dash Attack: Root Drop – Aremi roots her vine into the ground and jumps forward, slamming the opponent with a dropkick. The vine then pulls back, bringing her back to the position she started from.

Charge Attacks

Side Charge: Flare Palm
- Aremi thrusts her palm forward, shooting a sphere of purple flames in front of said palm.

Up Charge: Flash Fire - Aremi performs a high, flame covered somersault kick. This move leaves Aremi in the air at the end leaving her a bit open until she lands. However, it can be special canceled for possible aerial follow ups.

Down Charge: Arcane Fire - Aremi summons a wall of purple fire from the ground to surround herself and keep opponents at bay. The middle frames of the move (when the flames are most intense) grant super armor preventing the move from being interrupted, though she can still take damage.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air: Branch Kick
– Aremi extends her leg to perform a standard flying kick.

Forward Air: Pyro Knuckle – Aremi swings her fist forward in an arc, delivering a strong, flame covered hook. This is her strongest aerial and can be used to spike opponents, though it's also her aerial with the highest end lag.

Back Air: Vine Whip - Aremi quickly turns in the air, swinging her vine like a whip, its fast with good range but not particularly strong.

Up Air: Sparkler – Aremi waves her arm above her head, releasing a series of small sparks from her fingertip.

Down Air: Big Bang - Aremi leans downward with both hands brought close together. She then fires a short-range burst of flame to spike opponents caught directly beneath. The explosion has a deceptively wide radius, though the rest of flames will not spike. The slowest startup among her aerials, with the second highest end lag.

Throws

Grab: Vine Tether
– A ranged grab that has Aremi extend the vine on her arm. Can also be used to grab onto the sides of walls or latch onto ledges.

Pummel: Smolder - Aremi burns the opponent with purple flames.

Forward Throw: Vine Slam – Aremi swings the opponent upward with her vine and then slams them back down a short distance forward.

Back Throw: Vine Swing – A giant swing style throw that has Aremi spin the opponent around from the end of her vine before letting them go to launch them away. Her second-best throw for launch power.

Up Throw: Pyro Fist – Aremi launches the opponent with a flaming uppercut. Her strongest throw knockback wise.

Down Throw: Fire Stamp - Aremi stomps on the opponent like a person would stomp on flames to put them out, though in this case she conjures flames as she stomps. A good throw for racking up quick damage.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Seed Shooter
- Aremi spits flaming seeds from her mouth that travel quite far but deal only light damage and no knockback or hit stun. Can be rapid fired by repeatedly pressing the button or charged into a single strong seed if held down.

Neutral Hyper: Seed Burst – Aremi spits out a line of flaming seeds all at full charge.

Side Special: Pyro Pumpkin – Aremi will throw a Pyro Pumpkin forward, exploding on contact with an opponent or surface. The angle of the throw can be changed depending on how the stick is held.

Push straight forward for a long throw useful for zoning.

Angle the stick low for a light toss useful at short-to-mid range.

Angle the stick high for a trickier parabolic arc than can be used as either an anti-air or delayed mix up tool.

Side Hyper: Pyro Patch - Aremi will hold multiple Pyro Pumpkins in here arms and throw them all together creating a series of small explosions in a wide vertical (but short horizontal) radius.

Up Special: Head Shot - Grabbing her own head, Aremi chucks it upwards in an arc. The longer you hold the input, the more vertical the arc becomes, at the cost of less horizontal velocity. When her head lands on something, either the floor or enemy, her head will explode, while creating a new body in its place. This new body is covered in soot and enters free fall when spawned, leaving Aremi highly vulnerable at the end of the move.

At the cost of the explosion, Aremi can cancel the move into an air dodge that respawns her body immediately, though she will still be sent into free fall.

Up Hyper: Hot Head – The throw travels a set distance instead of being charged, but also sets her head alight during the flight, (granting light armor and) knocking opponents away. It also doesn't explode on contact in the air and only does so upon landing, though this version of the move loses the ability to be canceled.

Harder to intercept in an air-to air exchange, but still vulnerable due to the fixed flight path making it more predictable.

Down Special: Ember Dance – Aremi spins in a dance like movement while conjuring purple embers around herself. She can move left or right to carry opponents with her on the ground or even to aid in recovery while in the air.

Press the special button again to cancel into a fiery ballerina-like leap that can be used to spike opponents directly beneath her. Just be wary, as just like her Up Special, doing so puts her into free fall.

Down Hyper: Firestorm – Aremi will spin much more rapidly while wreathed in flames. You can move left and right to deal multiple hits while drawing opponents in though this version lacks the explosive jump.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Paralyzing Scream – Aremi turns to face the camera and unleashes a scream that paralyzes opponents in a wide radius around her. A utility/set up tool rather than an outright damage dealer.

Level 2: Mind Blown – Aremi gathers flames in her head and detonates it into a large ball of flame. A regrown head and body emerge from the ash left behind by the explosion. Has the most range of her supers with decent KO power if opponents are caught in the epicenter of the blast.

Level 3: Burning Brimstone – Aremi performs a series of quickfire uppercuts, ending with a particularly strong one that carries opponents high into the air with a spiraling jet of flame. Her strongest super, but difficult to land on more than one opponent.

Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh I realized we lacked a water-based fighter, and this character could work well as the evil villainess femme fatale rival to Chell.

Name - Tela Angelique
Gender - Female
Species - Atlanticus Space Slug
Origin -
A literal definition of a sweet and beautiful outside but truly toxic inside, Tela Angelique is among the highest ranked assassins of the Black Fang Syndicate, a notorious ring of smugglers, dealers, and poachers that seep into the far reaches of the galaxy. While loved superficially for her beauty and grace, she is also widely feared and despised by the lower ranks of the syndicate for her utterly callous personality. No one will say anything to her face though, lest they potentially die a horrible death from her truly toxic complexion. As an Atlanticus Space Slug, Tela's skin secretes a skin-melting poison with a deep blue tinge, Tela is all too happy to deal this poison out to anyone she deems as a potential target. Due to her volatile nature, she isn't sent out to missions much by the Syndicate, only used as a last resort if something truly gone wrong. Unfortunately for everyone, the Double Sigma's return caused such an event. With the syndicate fractured, Tela sees this as an opportunity to dish her own toxic version of crusading, melting hearts, skin, and souls along the way. If you want a scenario where you want a group of bloodthirsty vampire bugs to win, this is such a scenario.
Appearance - Tela takes inspiration from the Glaucus atlanticus a similarly beautiful and equally toxic species of mollusk. From the outset, Tela has a striking design of grace and beauty, with piercing cobalt eyes, a mainly cyan and white skin tone, and tentacles on her arm that resemble ribbons or fans. However, some traits of her showcase her true nature, such as her fanged mouth, fingers dripping with venom, and talons on hands and feet. When battling, she whips the tentacles on her arms like fans, splashing venom all over the place, and her neck has noticeable gills, which she can puff up to spew more poison. She showcases impressively nimble postures, and wears an attire that both accentuates her beauty while giving her flexibility in combat.

Archetype - Rushdown/Punisher
Gimmick - Venom Gauge -
Some of Tela's attacks use venom that naturally grows over time via a meter. This blue venom will poison foes and extend the range of certain attacks. If her Venom Meter runs out, Tela can't poison foes anymore until it fills up to full.

Intended Strengths -

• Tela's whip-like tentacles give her good horizontal range, making her attacks in those directions excellent.
  • Her range and damage can be increased via her Venom Gauge, helping her kill tankier foes.
  • High traction on the ground gives her precise movement.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Despite her good running speed, her walk speed is among the worst in the game, meaning she has a harder time utilizing micro movements.
  • High traction makes her dashes more precise, yes, but she gets less value from dashing, again stifling her micro movements.
  • Without her Venom Gauge, Tela lacks reliable KO methods.

Walk Speed -
D-
Running Speed - B-
Traction - A+
Jump Height -
A
Air Acceleration - B+
Fall Speed - C-
Weight - C+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Blue Splash -
A twin whip-strike using her tentacles, the tip of these tentacles trail with blue venom to poison foes.
Forward Tilt - Tentaslash - A quadruple tentacle strike forward, compared to the jab it deals more hits of damage but deals less knockback and uses more of the Venom Gauge.
Up Tilt - Drilling Launcher Kick -
Flipping herself over, using her tentacles as a boost, Tela performs a drilling kick attack upwards. Has among the highest range of a Up Tilt, and even boosts Tela in the air to combo into an aerial move.
Down Tilt - Tentacle Trip - A low sweep performed with her tentacles, causing foes to trip if she hits the tip of her tentacles.
Back Tilt - Cross-turn Slash - Tela performs a cartwheel backwards, before performing a X-shaped slash with her tentacles. This attack is quite unique as compared to other Back Tilts, for one it turns her around, has high knock back, poisons foes, and can break shields. But it has among the highest start-up of any Back Tilt, making this a risky move to use at times.
Dash Attack - Blue Lariat - A spinning lariat gets performed, and when her Venom Gauge is high, drops of venom will splash around, creating puddles on the floor as hazards. Has high end-lag after use, so be mindful of that.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Scythe Slash -
Curving her tentacles into a sharp scythe, Tela slashes forward, dealing high damage and knockback, especially at the tip of the move. The tip also poisons foes when it connects.
Up Charge - Corrosive Cartwheel - A cartwheel attack gets used, all four limbs have their own venomous hitbox. The longer the move is charged, the farther the venom travels.
Down Charge - Cobalt Splitter - Tela goes down to perform the splits, each heel dealing weaker damage compared to most Down Charges but compensating with higher knockback.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Blue Spinner -
A quick spinning attack gets performed, launching foes with a subtle diagonal angle.
Forward Air - Dual Slash - Spinning her body, Tela slashes twice with her tentacles, poisoning foes in the process.
Up Air - Juggling Kicks - Tela performs three kicks upwards to juggle foes.
Down Air - Blue Heel - A potent spike, but the attack is performed with a single, albeit strong, heel attack, making the range short.
Back Air - Heel Smash - A single kick backwards, using both of Tela's feet to attack,

Grabs:
Tella has a tether grab and zair, but unlike Aremi she can't wall jump off walls.

Pummel - Venom Claw -
A weak pummel using her claws, but if you use the Venom Gauge you can poison the foe while in your grasp.
Forward Throw - Kick-back - A thrusting kick back launches the foe.
Down Throw - Talon Digger - Digging deep into the opponent's flesh, Tela buries the foe beneath her.
Back Throw - Low Sweep - Uniquely for a throw, Tela slides the foe back and trips them, allowing her to set up combos.
Up Throw - Blue Upper - A strong upwards punch is performed, sending the foe upwards into the blast zone, a solid kill throw and one of Tela's most reliable kill options.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Venom Saw -
A piercing projectile that crawls along the floor, damaging and poisoning foes that cross its path. If you lack Venom Gauge this move can't be used.
  • Neutral Hyper - Corrosive Cutter - The saw is taller, increasing its range, and when it collides it explodes dealing more damage and sending foes upwards,
Side Special - Blue Surfer - A quick swimming motion is performed, and while initially being a weak boost of water, you can mash the Special button to rise in the air, spending the Venom Gauge in the process. A solid attack and recovery tool, though if you run out of venom, you get sent into free-fall.
  • Side Hyper - Cobalt Breach - A massive jump out of the venomous water gets performed, turning Tela into a comet of poison, increasing the vertical distance the move travels.
Down Special - Deep Dive - Splashing into the ground like water, Tela goes underneath the ground before ambushing out the water in the surprise attack. Be careful of the end-lag of the move, as it can come to bite you.
  • Down Hyper - Polluted Waters - When coming out, Tela splashes the foe with her venom, making the move more deadly.
Up Special - Venom Boost - A command-grab ala Falcon Dive or Dark Dive where Tela leaps diagonally upwards to intercept and blast foes downwards, soaking them in venom while increasing her height. If she lacks venom, this will simply cause her to weakly leap. If the move wiffs she will be sent into free-fall.
  • Up Hyper - Venom Dive - The command-grab now has increased vertical range, and the grab itself deals more damage and knockback.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Gill Burst -
A cone of venom gets shot out of Tela's gills, pushing foes back due to a windbox being spawned and poisoning them.
Level 2 - X-Slash - Creating an X from her whips, Tela creates a lingering barrier of venom that explodes after sometime, giving her both protection and some stage control.
Level 3 - Heart of Darkness - A very risky move that has Tela create a slow, heart-shaped projectile in a weird wave pattern, if it connects the foe will face near fatal damage in the process.

I decided to base Tela on that specific species of sea slug because they are native of Australia, and Chell and Deran already have an Australian vibe to them so I might as well make that an overarching theme. In case you're wondering, I modeled Tela's grab and Up Throw based off Scorpion's famous command grab (GET OVER HERE), but using a tentacle instead of chains. Was bored, so I made this kit to pitch to you, how do you like it? When you review all these new fighter kits, I'll post them to the OP.
I really like this one! Love the inspiration behind it and the gameplay concept and actual moves seem pretty cool. I did mostly skim it (and Verm's) but I like what I see so far for both. I'll give them both proper thorough reads/reviews later, but I want to focus on the base cast for now. Like you said, if we want to move forward with some real progress, we should probably refocus on the first couple of characters.

I'll definitely draw them though, having some art to actually visualize the characters will help with refining their personalities, moves and other traits down the lone.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
First off, sorry for being radio silent this past week. Unfortunately, I've haven't really gotten to work on anything until this evening due to work and irl stuff. It's been an especially draining past few days, so I've basically been at work or asleep.

I'd say go ahead and experiment with it as a meter thing and then toy around with as a normal action. Get a feel for both and see what you think.

I'd personally still stick it onto meter because it's just such a useful tool that it's arguable that there'd be no reason to not constantly be zipping around the screen if it's not limited but it depends on whether you have other ideas for trying to balance it.

Similar to the above, I'd say go ahead and implement it just to test it out and see if it's something you want to keep/tone down, etc.

Ideally soon, but to do that we need to finally, finalize, her move set. Here is my latest (and hopefully last) revision based on your most recent one.

No stats and other stuff since we're pretty much good on that.

MOVELIST

Normal Attacks

Neutral Attack: Pyro Punch
– A three hit combo consisting of a quick one-two, followed by a strong backhand knuckle.

Forward Tilt: Wildfire – Aremi performs a hopping fiery roundhouse that moves her forward a bit.

Back Tilt: Blaze – A quick, flame covered, roundhouse kick aimed backward.

Up Tilt: Torch Bearer – Aremi swings her arm in an overhead arc while producing flames from her fingertip.

Down Tilt: Underbrush – Aremi performs a sliding kick. The low profile allows her to duck under projectiles and some other standing attacks (though it doesn't go very far.)

This move will trip opponents if they were running but will only deal light knockback if they were standing or attacking.

Dash Attack: Root Drop – Aremi roots her vine into the ground and jumps forward, slamming the opponent with a dropkick. The vine then pulls back, bringing her back to the position she started from.

Charge Attacks

Side Charge: Flare Palm
- Aremi thrusts her palm forward, shooting a sphere of purple flames in front of said palm.

Up Charge: Flash Fire - Aremi performs a high, flame covered somersault kick. This move leaves Aremi in the air at the end leaving her a bit open until she lands. However, it can be special canceled for possible aerial follow ups.

Down Charge: Arcane Fire - Aremi summons a wall of purple fire from the ground to surround herself and keep opponents at bay. The middle frames of the move (when the flames are most intense) grant super armor preventing the move from being interrupted, though she can still take damage.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air: Branch Kick
– Aremi extends her leg to perform a standard flying kick.

Forward Air: Pyro Knuckle – Aremi swings her fist forward in an arc, delivering a strong, flame covered hook. This is her strongest aerial and can be used to spike opponents, though it's also her aerial with the highest end lag.

Back Air: Vine Whip - Aremi quickly turns in the air, swinging her vine like a whip, its fast with good range but not particularly strong.

Up Air: Sparkler – Aremi waves her arm above her head, releasing a series of small sparks from her fingertip.

Down Air: Big Bang - Aremi leans downward with both hands brought close together. She then fires a short-range burst of flame to spike opponents caught directly beneath. The explosion has a deceptively wide radius, though the rest of flames will not spike. The slowest startup among her aerials, with the second highest end lag.

Throws

Grab: Vine Tether
– A ranged grab that has Aremi extend the vine on her arm. Can also be used to grab onto the sides of walls or latch onto ledges.

Pummel: Smolder - Aremi burns the opponent with purple flames.

Forward Throw: Vine Slam – Aremi swings the opponent upward with her vine and then slams them back down a short distance forward.

Back Throw: Vine Swing – A giant swing style throw that has Aremi spin the opponent around from the end of her vine before letting them go to launch them away. Her second-best throw for launch power.

Up Throw: Pyro Fist – Aremi launches the opponent with a flaming uppercut. Her strongest throw knockback wise.

Down Throw: Fire Stamp - Aremi stomps on the opponent like a person would stomp on flames to put them out, though in this case she conjures flames as she stomps. A good throw for racking up quick damage.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Seed Shooter
- Aremi spits flaming seeds from her mouth that travel quite far but deal only light damage and no knockback or hit stun. Can be rapid fired by repeatedly pressing the button or charged into a single strong seed if held down.

Neutral Hyper: Seed Burst – Aremi spits out a line of flaming seeds all at full charge.

Side Special: Pyro Pumpkin – Aremi will throw a Pyro Pumpkin forward, exploding on contact with an opponent or surface. The angle of the throw can be changed depending on how the stick is held.

Push straight forward for a long throw useful for zoning.

Angle the stick low for a light toss useful at short-to-mid range.

Angle the stick high for a trickier parabolic arc than can be used as either an anti-air or delayed mix up tool.

Side Hyper: Pyro Patch - Aremi will hold multiple Pyro Pumpkins in here arms and throw them all together creating a series of small explosions in a wide vertical (but short horizontal) radius.

Up Special: Head Shot - Grabbing her own head, Aremi chucks it upwards in an arc. The longer you hold the input, the more vertical the arc becomes, at the cost of less horizontal velocity. When her head lands on something, either the floor or enemy, her head will explode, while creating a new body in its place. This new body is covered in soot and enters free fall when spawned, leaving Aremi highly vulnerable at the end of the move.

At the cost of the explosion, Aremi can cancel the move into an air dodge that respawns her body immediately, though she will still be sent into free fall.

Up Hyper: Hot Head – The throw travels a set distance instead of being charged, but also sets her head alight during the flight, (granting light armor and) knocking opponents away. It also doesn't explode on contact in the air and only does so upon landing, though this version of the move loses the ability to be canceled.

Harder to intercept in an air-to air exchange, but still vulnerable due to the fixed flight path making it more predictable.

Down Special: Ember Dance – Aremi spins in a dance like movement while conjuring purple embers around herself. She can move left or right to carry opponents with her on the ground or even to aid in recovery while in the air.

Press the special button again to cancel into a fiery ballerina-like leap that can be used to spike opponents directly beneath her. Just be wary, as just like her Up Special, doing so puts her into free fall.

Down Hyper: Firestorm – Aremi will spin much more rapidly while wreathed in flames. You can move left and right to deal multiple hits while drawing opponents in though this version lacks the explosive jump.

HYPERMAX MOVES

Level 1: Paralyzing Scream – Aremi turns to face the camera and unleashes a scream that paralyzes opponents in a wide radius around her. A utility/set up tool rather than an outright damage dealer.

Level 2: Mind Blown – Aremi gathers flames in her head and detonates it into a large ball of flame. A regrown head and body emerge from the ash left behind by the explosion. Has the most range of her supers with decent KO power if opponents are caught in the epicenter of the blast.

Level 3: Burning Brimstone – Aremi performs a series of quickfire uppercuts, ending with a particularly strong one that carries opponents high into the air with a spiraling jet of flame. Her strongest super, but difficult to land on more than one opponent.

I really like this one! Love the inspiration behind it and the gameplay concept and actual moves seem pretty cool. I did mostly skim it (and Verm's) but I like what I see so far for both. I'll give them both proper thorough reads/reviews later, but I want to focus on the base cast for now. Like you said, if we want to move forward with some real progress, we should probably refocus on the first couple of characters.

I'll definitely draw them though, having some art to actually visualize the characters will help with refining their personalities, moves and other traits down the lone.
Like what I see so far for the rework, will try and fit it with my current format, I feel this is the most solid version of Aremi's kit ngl.

Also, as an aesthetic idea, I think when a battle is won, the camera will zoom in on the winner and have them jump out of the screen to do their victory pose, sort of like what Sonic is doing in the beginning of this cutscene.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Like what I see so far for the rework, will try and fit it with my current format, I feel this is the most solid version of Aremi's kit ngl.

Also, as an aesthetic idea, I think when a battle is won, the camera will zoom in on the winner and have them jump out of the screen to do their victory pose, sort of like what Sonic is doing in the beginning of this cutscene.

I quite like that idea honestly. Once they're "closer" on screen, the close-up portrait could move over a bit and transition into the results screen.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I quite like that idea honestly. Once they're "closer" on screen, the close-up portrait could move over a bit and transition into the results screen.
Indeed, each character would have a title, ala Boxing Ring, Aremi for instance, is titled the Free-Spirted Flame, Weevle is titled the Flying Fanged Fiend, LAMBDA the Great Plasma Automaton, etc, etc. Still in heavy development though.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So, sort of like a combination of the Sonic end credits sequence combined with Marvel vs Capcom 3's win screen is what I have in mind.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
So, sort of like a combination of the Sonic end credits sequence combined with Marvel vs Capcom 3's win screen is what I have in mind.

Nice transition, will likely use this ngl. All fighters deserve a nice clean win screen.

Also fighter related, is it neccasary to make Tela's blue venom to be slightly distinct from Chell's and Verm's green poison. The poison the later two use is a standard damage over time effect, which is what Tela's venom is at the moment. Maybe since Tela uses a flesh-eating venom, this can translate into it being a damage multiplier, making Tela's attacks stronger the more it's applied, sort of like Inkling's ink, just more deadly. I may need to change some of the kit though to reflect this.

Also, yes she gets a purple alt based off Purple Haze AND a dark green alt based off Green Day from JJBA Golden Wind, they are THE users of flesh eating toxics in my eyes, so it's a no-brainer to reference.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Nice transition, will likely use this ngl. All fighters deserve a nice clean win screen.

Also fighter related, is it neccasary to make Tela's blue venom to be slightly distinct from Chell's and Verm's green poison. The poison the later two use is a standard damage over time effect, which is what Tela's venom is at the moment. Maybe since Tela uses a flesh-eating venom, this can translate into it being a damage multiplier, making Tela's attacks stronger the more it's applied, sort of like Inkling's ink, just more deadly. I may need to change some of the kit though to reflect this.

Also, yes she gets a purple alt based off Purple Haze AND a dark green alt based off Green Day from JJBA Golden Wind, they are THE users of flesh eating toxics in my eyes, so it's a no-brainer to reference.
I do have a suggestion for her venom; rather than a flesh-eating venom (since this isn't actually a thing, that's bacteria's doing) how about a toxin that paralyzes nerves? You then reflect this in gameplay by making it affect the Guts Meter either via draining it or stalling its recovery? Either that or applying some other debuff (to speed perhaps?) This would help her deal with more mobile characters and prevent from relying on Guts tech that she otherwise also sees less benefit from like the Hyper Dash.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I do have a suggestion for her venom; rather than a flesh-eating venom (since this isn't actually a thing, that's bacteria's doing) how about a toxin that paralyzes nerves? You then reflect this in gameplay by making it affect the Guts Meter either via draining it or stalling its recovery? Either that or applying some other debuff (to speed perhaps?) This would help her deal with more mobile characters and prevent from relying on Guts tech that she otherwise also sees less benefit from like the Hyper Dash.
I see, maybe like using the venom puts Guts Meter in a freeze state, and the more she applies the longer the freeze lasts, that could work since, as stated in the profile she doesn't have the best Hyper Dash due to her high traction. Could be considered low skill or toxic, some maybe her venom could instead degrade the opponent's guts meter, thereby being more poison-like, and if enough is applied, the foe is forced into a Guts Crash (where they receive more damage and knock back until they refill their deficit.), meaning her usually lackluster kill options become more potent.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Initial concept sketch for Tela. Actual outfit still unknown, just trying to get down a general idea of her face and tentacle hands right now. She's got tentacles on her head resembling horns, but these will actually move around depending on her mood. Her "hair" (maybe it is actual hair) also fans out to resemble the slug's cerata. Undecided on whether she should have webbed hands to resemble fans like you mentioned. Otherwise making tentacles into fanlike structures seems rather difficult.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 025927.png

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Initial concept sketch for Tela. Actual outfit still unknown, just trying to get down a general idea of her face and tentacle hands right now. She's got tentacles on her head resembling horns, but these will actually move around depending on her mood. Her "hair" (maybe it is actual hair) also fans out to resemble the slug's cerata. Undecided on whether she should have webbed hands to resemble fans like you mentioned. Otherwise making tentacles into fanlike structures seems rather difficult.

They don't have to be fans perse, just something whip-like, something that can just splatter venom all over the place. They could also be retractable if you want, like she can retract them for general movement, but when she attacks, she can extend these fans/tentacles/whips to splatter venom and extend her range. When retracted, they could resemble those long gloves you find worn by women in fancy parties. Anything to help the design process.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Funny tidbit Kirbeh Kirbeh I originally though Captain Falcon's Up Special was called Raptor Boost, not Falcon Dive. When making Tela's kit I accidentally named her Up Special Venom Boost after Raptor Boost, but realized that's Falcon's Side Special. That's the reason her Up Hyper is called Venom Dive, as a reference to Falcon Dive (though aesthetically it's more in line with Ganondorf's Dark Dive)

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Name - Aremi
Gender - Female
Species - Wikkan
Origin -
Aremi is a Wikkan from the planet Wikko-1, a planet infused in methane and sulfuric gasses, making it near impossible to breathe from outsiders without a special suit. Wikkans are essentially living plants, using the methane in their air to retain body warmth and even manipulate it for self-defense, though that comes at the risk of self-combustion. Aremi's people used to be very wealthy, as the gases in their homeworld were mined and converted into a powerful fuel named Pyronite, with the largest stow of the substance being used to power the Double Sigma. However, after the ship was lost, Wikko-1 was blamed due to their fuel being said to have caused the ship's disappearance; as a result, the planet was blacklisted from all known trade, and the planet became a backwater planet as a result. When the Double Sigma returned, several probes were sent to analyze several farflung planets, Wikko-1 included. Aremi, a bright-eyed, albeit naive, Wikkan girl, finds one of these probes and accidentally becomes an unwilling passager, sending her to the far flungs of space. However she sees this as an opportunity to explore the wide yonder of the galaxy.

Appearance - Aremi takes inspiration from scare crows and Jack-o-lanterns. Her body is draped in a straw-based cloak that has a purple color; this cloak also lacks sleeves, making her ghostly in appearance. The limbs she does show resemble gnarled bark with blacking-olive coloration. Her face resembles that of a typical jack-o-lantern, with each of her skins giving a different face "carving." She has glowing purple eyes and mouth, matching the color of the fire she creates.

Archetype - Zoner/Rushdown
Gimmick - Vine Tether
  • Aremi shoots out a vine from her arm that gives her increased grab range in exchange for higher lag on the grab itself. She can also use this to catch on the sides of walls to boost herself in the air, aiding in recovery.
Intended Strengths -
  • Rather beginner-friendly, with easy-to-pick up and play combos.
  • Solid ground and air stats allow her to excel in several areas.
  • Fast attacks and strong projectiles let her fill a variety of roles.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Rather fast fall speed means she has a harder time recovering compared to others.
  • Recovery options can be easy to edge guard.
  • Her middling makes her easy to launch and KO.

Walk Speed -
B-
Running Speed - A-
Traction - B
Jump Height - A-
Air Acceleration - B-
Fall Speed - B-
Weight - C+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Pyro Punches –
A trio of punches forward, when strung together, these punches end in an uppercut wreathed in purple flames.
Forward Tilt - WildfireAremi performs a hopping fiery roundhouse that moves her forward a bit.
Up Tilt - Torch Bearer – Aremi swings her arm in an overhead arc, producing flames from her fingertip.
Down Tilt - Underbrush – A low sweep performed by Aremi's leg. This allows Aremi to duck under projectiles and some standing attacks due to her low profile. It also has a high chance to trip opponents if they get hit by the heel.
Back Tilt - Blaze Kick – A quick, flame-covered kick from behind. Can be used to retaliate against an opponent as a get-off-me tool.
Dash Attack - Root Drop – Aremi roots her vine into the ground and jumps forward, slamming the opponent with a dropkick. The vine then pulls back, bringing her back to the position she started from.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Firepalm –
Aremi thrusts her palm forward, shooting a sphere of purple flames in front of said palm.
Up Charge - Flash Fire - Aremi performs a high, flame covered somersault kick. This move leaves Aremi in the air at the end leaving her a bit open until she lands. However, it can be special canceled for possible aerial follow-ups.
Down Charge - Arcane Flames – Aremi summons a wall of purple fire from the ground to surround herself and keep opponents at bay. The middle frames of the move give her temporary armor, though she can still be damaged.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Branch Swing –
Aremi extends her leg to kick and holds the pose, allowing the hit to momentarily linger. The beginning of the hit is stronger than the later parts.
Forward Air - Pyro Knuckle – Aremi swings a forward hook wreathed in purple flames. This is her most potent aerial, dealing powerful knock back, decent damage, and can even spike. However, the move has notable end lag, the most of any of her aerials.
Up Air - Sparkler Aremi waves her arm above her head, releasing a series of small sparks from her fingertip.
Down Air - Big Bang - Aremi leans down with both hands brought close together. She then fires a short-range burst of flame to spike opponents caught directly beneath. The explosion has a deceptively wide radius, though the rest of the flames will not spike. The attack also has the useful property of stalling Aremi's descent in the air, aiding in recovery.
Back Air - Vine Whip – Aremi quickly turns in the air, swinging her vine like a whip, it's fast with good range but high end lag.

Grabs:
Pummel - Smoldering Flames -
Aremi burns the opponent with purple flames.
Forward Throw - Vine Slam - Aremi wraps her vines around the opponent and launches them forward.
Down Throw - Firestamp - Aremi stomps on them like a person would stomp on flames to put them out, though this time Aremi actually conjures flames from her heel to burn the opponent as well.
Back Throw - Vine Swing
A giant swing-styled throw that has Aremi spin the opponent around from the end of her vine before letting them go to launch them away. Her second-best throw for launch power.
Up Throw - Pyro FistAremi launches the opponent with a flaming uppercut. Her strongest throw knockback wise.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Seed Shot –
Aremi spits seeds from her mouth that travel quite far but deal only light damage and deal no knockback or hit stun. She can hold the button to charge the move into a larger seed that deals more damage as well as decent hitstun.
  • Neutral Hyper - Seed Burst - Aremi shoots a line of flaming seeds that deal more damage and knockback than the charged seeds.
Side Special - Pyro Pumpkin – Aremi throws a Pyro Pumpkin forward in a short arc.
The angle of the throw can be changed depending on how the stick is held. Push straight forward for a long throw useful for zoning. Angle the stick low for a light toss, useful in the short-to-mid range. Angle the stick high for a trickier parabolic arc rather than can be used as either an anti-air or delayed mix up tool
  • Side Hyper - Pyro Patch – Aremi will hold multiple Pyro Pumpkins in her arms and throw them all together, creating a series of small explosions in a wide radius.
Down Special - Ember Dance - Aremi leaps like a ballerina and performs a spinning motion while her body is wreathed in flames. In this state, she can move left and right on the ground or in the air as a recovery tool. She can also perform an explosive leap while in the middle of her current spin, spiking opponents directly beneath her, but the force sends her to tumble, her body covered in ash, and leave her in free fall.
  • Down Hyper - Pyro Hurricane – Aremi will begin to rapidly spin while producing flames, becoming a great tornado of fire. You can move left and right as well as gain height by mashing the special button when in this state.
Up Special - Head Shot - Grabbing her own head, Aremi chucks it upwards in an arc. The longer you hold the input, the more vertical the arc becomes, at the cost of less horizontal velocity. When her head lands on something, either the floor or enemy, her head will explode, while creating a new body in its place. This new body is covered in soot and enters free fall when spawned, leaving Aremi highly vulnerable in this state. At the cost of the damaging explosion, Aremi can cancel the move to respawn instantly, though she will be sent into free fall again.
  • Up Hyper - Hot Head - The throw now travels a set distance instead of being charged, now setting Aremi's head alight during the flight, granting light armor and knocking opponents away. It also doesn't explode on contact in the air and only does so upon landing, though this version of the move loses the ability to be canceled. Overall harder to intercept in an air-to air exchange, but still vulnerable due to the fixed flight path, making it more predictable.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Paralyzing Scream –
Aremi will perform a scary face while unleashing a parlaying scream with a wide radius in front of her; this freezes opponents in place, letting you set up combos.
Level 2 - Mind Blown - Aremi gathers flames in her head and detonates it into a large ball of flame. A regrown head and body emerge from the ash left behind by the explosion. Has the most range of her supers, with decent KO power if opponents are caught in the epicenter of the blast.
Level 3 - Brimstone Striker – Aremi performs a high uppercut, jumping upwards and leaving a fiery purple cyclone in her wake. The final strike is a highly potent final hit, launching foes upwards.

Okay Kirbeh Kirbeh I converged our two kits together into this single one, I think this is her best kit. What do you think? I do want to keep the original Brimstone Striker though, since I feel a single strong uppercut is more powerful for a Level 3 Hypermax Attack than multiple smaller uppercuts. If the kit is okay to you I was going to share it to the Discord server.

Top Bottom