• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie

Something like this, in case you're wondering.
uhh... temple might be a bit big imo. I think Hyrule Castle could work, or if you got rid of the bottom island on Temple/moved it closer.
Slow going due to work and irl obligations as usual, but I've started actual sprite work for Aremi. I still haven't read your update on Weevle. but I'll get to that along with any last revisions/suggestions as soon as I can.

Souds good to me. Anything in mind for this stage? Ruins in a desert or jungle maybe?

I'll echo Glub's sentiment here.

We do appreciate your interest in the project, but as far as fighters go, we've got a pretty lengthy list to work through already (most of whom will 100% not actually make it into the game). The current aim is to have 8-10 fighters comprise a base roster and we've got a little over double that in total from Glub's character concepts. Given that they're just as much my own characters at this point from the actual design process, I've pretty much shelved the wholly original contributions of my own in order to focus on Glub's core roster given that it's his game and all.

Again, the enthusiasm is much appreciated but we're not really looking to take on even more work when we're only just laying down the basics of a foundation.

It's pretty much a messy passion project as things currently stand (if that wasn't already apparent from two forum posters brainstorming in a public and unprofessional setting.) We don't really know what we're doing, how long it'll take to complete or if it'll find any success.

More to the point, as Glub said, using ideas from an outside party would only complicate things.

It's not like I'm officially under his employ either mind you, but I'm able to volunteer/contribute work to the project and sign off on use of my work when the time comes to do so. As a minor, you can't and would not be allowed to contribute either way.

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb said they'd put a pin on it, but I'd advise against it.

I hope that doesn't come off as discouraging though F FlexTape467

I would say that if you're interested in doing some game dev, to just do some research/practice on your own and start jotting down/sketching ideas for something all your own. You can't join a team, but you could still start learning with a small personal project. Start learning the basics of Godot or Unreal with some video tutorials, stuff like that.
I get it, you've got a lot of stuff going on with development, so I won't try and complicate stuff for you guys in that department. About the comment about me being a minor though, I will be turning 18 soon (in about 3 months). Just thought I'd bring that up. And thanks for the advice at the end.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
So Kirbeh Kirbeh , didn't you say you had an idea for the logo of the game?

Also, another thing, do you prefer private messages sent via Discord or Smashboards DMs, personally I prefer the former since it is more instant. If that is the case, expect some more messages from that format.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
So Kirbeh Kirbeh , didn't you say you had an idea for the logo of the game?

Also, another thing, do you prefer private messages sent via Discord or Smashboards DMs, personally I prefer the former since it is more instant. If that is the case, expect some more messages from that format.
I didn't, I was saying if you had a logo already, that you could use that for the Discord image in place of the pumpkin.

I check SB more often than Discord, but I'll try to switch to Discord more often since I know you post more frequently and have more activity there.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I didn't, I was saying if you had a logo already, that you could use that for the Discord image in place of the pumpkin.

I check SB more often than Discord, but I'll try to switch to Discord more often since I know you post more frequently and have more activity there.
Thanks, glad your back, got the flu the last few days, so I couldn't work on the game, but I feel better now and can work on it tomorrow. We can switch this conversation to Discord if you want.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Thanks, glad your back, got the flu the last few days, so I couldn't work on the game, but I feel better now and can work on it tomorrow. We can switch this conversation to Discord if you want.
Well, rn I'm probably going to head to bed, it's nearly 3am for me. Just wanted to reply since I haven't logged in the past 2 days.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Gn and hope you feel better.
Yeah, I hope so too, I took the time to research some obscure 90s video games to take inspiration from. Mainly platformers, since the main story concept of Aremi was plopping a 90s platformer mascot into a Star Wars-esc space epic, figuratively of course, not literally.

Last edited:

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I hope so too, I took the time to research some obscure 90s video games to take inspiration from. Mainly platformers, since the main story concept of Aremi was plopping a 90s platformer mascot into a Star Wars-esc space epic, figuratively of course, not literally.
Have you checked out Plok yet?

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
By the way, Kirbeh Kirbeh I decided to make the airdodges stationary instead of directional, kind of like Smash Brawl or Smash 4, I am telling you this when you get to designing the airdodges, so the motion matches the function of the dodge.

Also, can we talk privately over Discord over plot ideas, and I don't want to spoil said plot details to the viewers, I posted something there that can help with keeping characters consistant.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
By the way, Kirbeh Kirbeh I decided to make the airdodges stationary instead of directional, kind of like Smash Brawl or Smash 4, I am telling you this when you get to designing the airdodges, so the motion matches the function of the dodge.
Got it.
Also, can we talk privately over Discord over plot ideas, and I don't want to spoil said plot details to the viewers, I posted something there that can help with keeping characters consistant.
Of course.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I never really sent a doc before to someone over Discord, so can you tell me if the doc was sent to you properly.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh quick question, when conceptualizing how Aremi's down special, Ember Dance, functions, I am considering making the move similiar to Ryu and Ken's Side Special Tatsumaku, however, do you think for a character like Aremi the move would function more like Ryu's Tatsu in that it's a single strong hit, or Ken's Tatsu being a multihit. For a combo character like Aremi, basing Ember Dance on Ken's Tatsu may be best, and therefore allows me to trade the raw damage for more recovery/mobility due to the distance traveled and the optional explosive jump. Obviously, Firestorm will act like a heavily buffed Mario Tornado, if that fact isn't obvious from the description. Tell me how you like this idea?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey Kirbeh Kirbeh quick question, when conceptualizing how Aremi's down special, Ember Dance, functions, I am considering making the move similiar to Ryu and Ken's Side Special Tatsumaku, however, do you think for a character like Aremi the move would function more like Ryu's Tatsu in that it's a single strong hit, or Ken's Tatsu being a multihit. For a combo character like Aremi, basing Ember Dance on Ken's Tatsu may be best, and therefore allows me to trade the raw damage for more recovery/mobility due to the distance traveled and the optional explosive jump. Obviously, Firestorm will act like a heavily buffed Mario Tornado, if that fact isn't obvious from the description. Tell me how you like this idea?
I think that's a fair trade-off if you make it more in line with Ken's.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I will once I get off work. I can try to hop on discord later tonight if you want to discuss anything.
Sounds good, I did want to discuss some plot details, I am thinking of such a topic due to wanting the cast to go beyond their archtypes and feel more like actual characters, something that can convince certain players to play as that character, its the appeal of fighting games to some, to play as interesting characters.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Looking at Ken's Tatsu as reference for Ember Dance's stats and damage, Ember Dance will likely have 4 kicks in total, each dealing 3% for a grand total of 12% if all hits connect, you can end the kicks prematurely to perform an explosive leap that deals 7%, which also leaps Aremi upwards in an arc, though at the cost of sending her into freefall, soot-covered and all. Mechanically speaking, Ember Dance starts out stationary, but can be guided by pressing left or right to go in that direction, the attack is faster in the air but stronger on the ground, but the air version has the benefit of slowing down the descent of Aremi while of course having the ability to be guided horizontally for recovery, with the extra leap giving extra distance. For a character like Aremi who falls somewhat on the faster side, these traits make Ember Dance a very solid tool in her kit that would likely be used often, being a mobility, combo, and kill move. Does that sound like a good idea?

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Any feedback on this move, its the first special move I really went in depth with in terms of damage and mechanics?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Any feedback on this move, its the first special move I really went in depth with in terms of damage and mechanics?
Looks good to me. And sorry for not hopping into Discord the other night. Wound up getting out later than expected so I went straight to bed after. Finally off tomorrow though so I'll be on in the afternoon.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Looks good to me. And sorry for not hopping into Discord the other night. Wound up getting out later than expected so I went straight to bed after. Finally off tomorrow though so I'll be on in the afternoon.
That's okay, take your time, I don't want you to overwork yourself, I'm mindful like that. Right now I'm considering giving an update to LAMBDA's kit, since I did some research on balancing heavyweights that I want to implement into LAMBDA's kit.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Name - LAMBDA
Gender - Genderless
Species - Android
Origin -
LAMBDA wasn't much at first, just an AI core installed into the Double Sigma, as was standard with all large ships. This particular AI was quite advanced for its time, with the capabilities to develop reasoning and logic. The purpose of LAMBDA was work in tandem with the EPSILON unit, with the former acting as the ship's guide, while the latter the defender. When the ship launched, LAMBDA sent regular communications to their creators, though when the ship became missing the signals dissipated. For a long time, LAMBDA was considered disabled, and promptly forgotten. However with the Double Sigma's return came LAMBDA once again, now expressing their orders to raise the galaxy with an army of G'nat soilders from outside the known galaxy. They even got a new lieutenant, the young G'nat Weevle. What the AI's motives are is unknown, but right now they are among the biggest threats to the galaxy.
Appearance - They have a jet black body with large metallic arms and legs. The arms are plated with vents that shoot out a potent crimson fire fueled by Pyronite. They have an overall draconic design with a large metallic maw dominating their head, pierced by three ominous insectoid eyes. This is done in the image of a Caedago, the prehistoric relative of the G'nats and considered a mythical creature among the species.

Archetype -
Gimmick - Heavy Metal

• The heavy cosmic metals making up LAMBDA's body makes take less knockback from physical blows, they do take full knockback to projectiles however.
Intended Strengths -
  • Highest raw damage output among the cast
  • High weight and knockback resistance allows LAMBDA to survive longer than other characters
  • Large size leads to good range on most attacks
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Among the slowest characters on the roster
  • Large body and high weight mean they're susceptible to being combo food
  • Non-damaging, slow up special

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
E
Running Speed - C
Traction - A
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - C+
Fall Speed - B+
Weight - A+

Ground Moves:
Jab - Jet Palm -
A swinging fist propelled by jet propulsion, this strong hook leaves a trail of burning fire behind it. Afterward a left swing is performed, also with a trail of fire behind it.
Forward Tilt - Dragon Fang - Using their elongated neck, LAMBDA crashed their head forward as a bludgeoning tool, a slow tilt that is good at breaking shields.
Up Tilt - Draco Rocket - Unveiling a missile launcher, LAMBDA shoots a rocket upwards to intercept aerial foes. The vertical range comes at the cost of poor horizontal range.
Down Tilt - Dragon Sweep - Using their tail-like appendage, LAMBDA sweeps their tail along the ground, a reliable tool that can juggle opponents for combos.
Back Tilt - Swerve - This unique Back Tilt actually turns LAMBDA around as they perform a spinning motion while their jets blast with power, good for pivoting situations.
Dash Attack - Jet Tackle - A propelled shoulder bash, it is a long dash attack with a sweet spot in the center, it is also a KO option.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Rocket Punch -
LAMBDA charges the engine in their arm and delivers a strong, rocket powered, straight punch.
Up Charge - Dragon Claw - LAMBDA performs a wide, overhead claw swipe.
Down Charge - Collision Compactor - LAMBDA claps the opponent together with their fists, this attack instantly breaks shields.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Rotation -
LAMBDA performs a 360 spin in the air, hitting with their fists. Useful for getting opponents off of LAMBDA, but somewhat weak compared to the rest of their kit. It does stall in the air, so it can be useful in that front.
Forward Air - Engine Drive - LAMBDA propels themselves forward using their engines, hitting opponents with their whole body. Can be used as a burst option for aerial movement for the otherwise heavy/sluggish LAMBDA. Can also be used to aid in recovery but it has high end lag overall.
Up Air - Draco Skull - LAMBDA uses their long neck to swing their head in an arcing headbutt. The head does the most damage and knockback, but opponents can also be hurt by the spines along the back of LAMBA's neck.
Down Air - Crash Landing - A fast fall attack where LAMBDA uses their engines to quickly propel themselves downward. This move will knock opponents away in the air, but those caught below or directly underneath on the ground will take the most damage as LAMBDA lands.
Back Air - Axe Tail - Using their spiked tail, they swing backwards like an axe. (Mechanically, it's similar to DK's Back Air.)

Grabs:
Pummel - Shock Grip -
LAMBA shocks the opponent while holding them.
Forward Throw - Rocket Launch - LAMBDA rears back and charges the engine in their arm. The opponent is then launched by a rocket powered throw. LAMBA's strongest normal throw and a great kill throw.
Down Throw - Plasma Glare - Rather than actually throwing opponents, Plasma Glare is a setup/combo starting tool that shocks and paralyzes the opponent for a moment using plasma emitted by LAMBDA's third eye.
Back Throw - Airlock Release - LAMBDA turns around and swings their arm back, launching the opponent with great force. Their second strongest normal throw and a potential early KO move when used at the ledge.
Up Throw - Ejector Cannon - LAMBDA raises their arm, holding the opponent in their palm. The opponent is then fired straight up by launching them with a pulse of plasma.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Plasma Shot -
LAMBDA charges up with energy to shoot a large ball of Plasma, which is both large and deals a lot of damage. WIthout a charge it becomes a short-range spread of plasma, which has its own uses due to being among LAMBDA's faster options.
  • Neutral Hyper - Plasma Vortex - LAMBDA now produces a stationary ball of plasma that pulls opponents and objects in within a certain range. Enemy projectiles are destroyed when drawn in, and opponents caught in it will be dealt a strong multi-hit that pops them up after. It stays on stage for a good amount of time, but disappears when an opponent makes contact.
Side Special - Dragon Buster - A command grab where LAMBA will reach out with a downward claw swipe to try and grab opponents. If successful he leaps into the air with the opponent, flipping forward and falling back down to deliver a spinning pile driver.
  • Side Hyper - Burning Dragon Buster - Similar to the regular Dragon Buster, but the move now has light armor on start-up and delivers a fiery impact, being able to deal splash damage to other opponents who get too close.
Down Special - Hard Light Barrier - LAMBDA creates an energy field from the palm of their hands that can be used to reflect projectiles and damage opponents who touch it as it activates, sending them back. While only the initial activation will deal damage, you can keep the button held down to continue reflecting projectiles and even block many physical attacks. Particularly strong attacks will shatter the barrier however
  • Down Hyper - Shining Force - This version cannot be held down for continuous effect but has an extended range, higher damage on activation and reflects projectiles back at 1.5x the power.
Up Special - Engine Blaze - LAMBA engages their engines to hover and briefly give themselves the ability to fly around freely albeit slowly. LAMBDA will remain airborne for as long as they have fuel, though this drains fairly quickly. Fuel will be restored upon touching the ground again.
  • Up Hyper - Afterburner - Flying is quicker and lasts longer, with potent white flames indicating the change in fuel.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Scorched Flames -
LAMBDA shoots a large missile that explodes, leaving a large patch of crimson flames on the ground that melts shields and deal lots of chip damage.
Level 2 - Pyronite Beam - LAMBDA concentrates some of the Pyronite fueling their body into their mouth and fires it off in a blazing beam.
Level 3 - Pyronite Armor - LAMBDA creates an energy field around their body using Pyronite. While active this increases their defenses even further, reducing the damage they take while also making their entire body a means of dealing damage. The heat from the Pyronite coating will damage opponents for simply standing too close to LAMBDA though it does not cause any flinching or knockback. This in turn means all of LAMBDA's moves will deal a little extra damage too.
Okay so the main changes I did was update some moves, replaced a few to take advantage of LAMBDA's draconic nature and their ability to turn into a artillery tank, and just a nice touch up, how does this look Kirbeh Kirbeh .

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Will make a profile for Weevle next on the character bible soon, just as a update on that.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Will make a profile for Weevle next on the character bible soon, just as a update on that.
The timing is comedic but awful. I logged into Discord on my computer to finally respond and now halfway through typing out my comment there's a service interruption in my area. Back to mobile I guess.

Edit: Nvm we back

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
The timing is comedic but awful. I logged into Discord on my computer to finally respond and now halfway through typing out my comment there's a service interruption in my area. Back to mobile I guess.
Jeez that sucks, what kind of internet provider would give you such a cruddy connection.

Edit: also I'll be heading back to my computer, where I can send you the link to give you edit rights.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Name - Photos
Gender - Male
Species - Quason
Origin -
Photos can be best described as having a post-life crisis. His species is the Quason, a race of pure energy beings who are said to be the ghosts of dead stars, and are known for their highly erratic lifespans. Some live only a few months, while others live centuries, and as such made themselves secluded hermits, with no concept of companionship, waiting to fizzle into stardust and become new stars somewhere in the galaxy. Photos feels like his life, no matter how long or short it is, is worth living, and wants to a find a way to find some sort of legacy people can look up to instead of dying in obscurity. His opportunity comes when the Centauri 500, a great cosmic grand prix, begins—a full lap around the galaxy for eternal glory and adoration. Faster than the speed of light, Photos decides to take such a grand tour in order to obtain some sort of companionship.
Appearance -

Archetype - Rushdown
Gimmick - None
Intended Strengths -

• Fastest speed in the game, his running is unparalleled on the ground.
  • His attacks have impeccable frame data, and great combo potential.
  • Decent recovery options make him have decent survivability.
Intended Weaknesses -
  • Lacks raw damage to kill, needing to rack up damage with combos to win.
  • He has the worst traction in the game, meaning he can have trouble with accurate movements.
  • Heavy physics can make him awkward to control due to falling like a rock.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
A+
Running Speed - A+
Traction - E-
Jump Height - B+
Air Acceleration - B-
Fall Speed - A-
Weight - C-

Ground Moves:
Jab - Lightspeed Kicks -
A flurry of kicks performed in a rapid-fire fashion, among the fastest jabs in the game with high-end lag, but lacking in power and knockback.
Forward Tilt - Radiant Spinner - A strong, more forceful, roundhouse kick is performed, with a strong sweetspot on the heel, a good combo ender.
Up Tilt - Wheel Kick - Photos kicks upwards, kicking in the shape of a wheel, hitting three times in a multi-hit. This is a good combo tool due to juggling it enables, though your defenseless from behind when using this move.
Down Tilt - Grinding Slide - A sliding kick with Photos' skates kicking up loose dirt, good for being low profile against enemy attacks, though the high end-lag can prove to be risky at times.
Back Tilt - Barrel Roll - A full 360 degree kick is performed, hitting both sides of Photos. The Back Tilt is unique as it can be used while running, giving him a boost of speed. This comes at the cost of weak damage and knockback unless being hit by the heel.
Dash Attack - Trick Kick - Photos performs a trick while spinning, he will do one of 3 poses while kicking, each with their own hitbox values. There is a link between damage and knockback, with one pose dealing high damage but low knockback, while another deals the opposite effect; the other is in between.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Peel Out -
Revving one of his skates, Photos performs a potent upwards axe-kick, good for sending foes upwards.
Up Charge Orbiting Flip - Flipping into a loop, both of Photos' skates become fast bludgeoning weapons, before ending with a cool handstand that is as stylish as it is laggy.
Down Charge - Skid Out - Revving up his skates, Photos performs a rough-looking breakdancing kick. This attack has some kill power to it, making it a good kill move.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Twin Cycles -
A pair of kicks, one after another, the first dealing decent damage and the second launching the target.
Forward Air - Great Hawk Kick - A flying jump kick, Photos' most powerful move due to its high kill power, but a very risky move as missing the move is extremely laggy.
Up Air - Blade Chop - An upwards scissors kick is performed, with a nice sweetspot in the attack's center.
Down Air - Missile Star - A drilling kick downwards, the force speeding up Photos' descent onto the ground.
Back Air - Sidechopper - A sideways heel kick from behind, has some decent power, but also some notable lag as well.

Grabs:
Pummel - Electro Knee -
As his knee is exposed energy, the opponent gets shocked with electricity during this knee jab.
Forward Throw - Curb-stomp - A stomp that sends foes forward in a downward angle, the force flying them off the floor.
Down Throw - Bullet Kicks -
Five kicks are performed, one after another, the sheer speed of the move makes it a very fast throw, good for combos. The damage is on the lower end to balance out the sheer speed involved.
Back Throw - Hook Kick - Using his skates as hooks, Photos tosses the foe around himself and to his back, all the while turning around in the end to adjust to the new direction.
Up Throw - Quasar Kick - A vertical kick with such force it can send foes flying, Photos' sole kills throw, so its very useful for him.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Power Parkour -
Photos charges up to perform a flip either upwards or sidewards, good for mobility and recovery purposes. After the flip you can pressed the special button to perform a kick in the opposite direction of the flip, though it sends him into free-fall afterward.
  • Neutral Hyper - Starside Flip - A flip straight upwards, good for vertical recovery and escaping certain attacks, you can then press the special button downwards to perform a powerful stomp, or by itself to perform a triple kick to slow your descent.
Side Special - Lightspeed Flash - As a being of pure energy, Photos moves his particles at such a speed that it looks like he is warping from one area to the next, when in realty he is performing a hypersonic tackle with some decent power.
  • Side Hyper - Lightspeed Luster - The dash is now slightly longer and segmented into two independently aimed tackles, good for better control and recovery.
Down Special - Grind Kick - At first it looks like a standard downwards kick, however when the kick hits the ground, Photos will grind on the ground with a damaging slide. His current momentum determines the length he goes with his slide. He can use this move to slide on semisolids like grind rails, which is good for mobility.
  • Down Hyper - Nova Kick - While the kick is shorter, it is MUCH more powerful, being a kill move at high percents when you hit during the middle of the attack.
Up Special - Cosmic Hurricane - A hurricane kick resembling a lariat, pressing the special button will raise the flurry's vertical height but truncate the horizontal distance traveled. Balance must be maintained if you want a safe recovery back onto the stage, as it will send Photos into free-fall afterward.
  • Up Hyper - Comet Rising - A more reliable recovery tool with Photos performing an enhanced hurricane kick, starting horizontally before rising upwards in an arc, though the move is unable to be guided now, making it more linear as a recovery tool.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Dizzying Flash -
Using potent lightspeed travel, Photos dashes forward and spins the opponent, confusing them and leaving them open for combos.
Level 2 - Photon Storm - Using the powers of stars, Photos launches a projectile that rises upwards and travels across the sky, striking bolts of cosmic electricity to the ground, a good spacing tool and Photos' sole projectile.
Level 3 - Eclipse Hurricane - A hurricane kick of cosmic proportions, if all hits manage to connect, which can be helped by taking advantage of the wind box the attack creates, then you can deal a devastating final blow.

New fighter concept for something I have been thinking of for a while. Kirbeh Kirbeh check it out when you can.

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie
Dash Attack - Trick Kick - Photos performs a trick while spinning, he will do one of 3 poses while kicking, each with their own hitbox values. There is a link between damage and knockback, with one pose dealing high damage but low knockback, while another deals the opposite effect; the other is in between.
Is this random?

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie
is there going to be a rage mechanic where you deal more damage the more percent you have like in ultimate?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
is there going to be a rage mechanic where you deal more damage the more percent you have like in ultimate?
As of now, there isn't, but I don't know if Glub is considering it. Personally, I'd advise against such a mechanic as I feel the addition of meter is a sufficient "comeback" mechanic. I do think allowing things to snowball too much in one direction is bad, but mechanics that reward a player for performing poorly aren't a good answer imo. I'm hoping the next Smash drops rage too tbh.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
As of now, there isn't, but I don't know if Glub is considering it. Personally, I'd advise against such a mechanic as I feel the addition of meter is a sufficient "comeback" mechanic. I do think allowing things to snowball too much in one direction is bad, but mechanics that reward a player for performing poorly aren't a good answer imo. I'm hoping the next Smash drops rage too tbh.
Two things, 1 glad your back Kirbeh Kirbeh , and 2 the closest thing to a comeback mechanic is gaining meter to do Hypermax attacks when you get damaged, though the gain is much less compared to damaging foes. Otherwise, most gains are gained from skill.

Also how do you like the new kit I made recently? We can talk over Discord, and I have some ideas to share privately.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
May be controversial, but with the physics I have now, I feel the standard jumping system may not mesh well, so I'm considering reworking it. My idea was that instead of two set jump heights, there is a cap to how high you jump and the gravity stat determines how fast you reach that cap, while determining how fast you fall as well, giving more dimension to the stat. The height you jump is determined by how long you press the jump button, and you can jump a shorter height by letting go of the button before the cap. The game most applicable to this mechanic is something like Pizza Tower or Wario Land, which if you played those games you'll understand. Don't know if i'll follow through on this idea, so I am just giving a heads up.

EDIT: Didn't work out, jumping stays the same.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I managed to fix some issues with the timing of certain moves, mainly jumping and landing, made them somehow more simple while also more flexible.

Kirbeh Kirbeh when you get the chance I want some feedback on what I sent you over the Discord chat, I want your input before I add them to the character bible.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I managed to fix some issues with the timing of certain moves, mainly jumping and landing, made them somehow more simple while also more flexible.

Kirbeh Kirbeh when you get the chance I want some feedback on what I sent you over the Discord chat, I want your input before I add them to the character bible.
I should have time to take a look Saturday afternoon.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I think this game has given good experience with game design, really helped me evolve my coding skills, so no matter where this project goes I definatly think it has helped me in someway.

Top Bottom