• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sighh...trouble against ike

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
My friend keeps owning me with his ike. He mainly tries to juggle me and then just uses ikes f air to get me off stage. then he goes and spikes. Basically he makes ike as fast as possible and its giving me a hard time. do you guys have any suggestions as of what i should do?

thanx

VietGeek

Smash Hero
***** out your shield against "Quick Draw."

Bother to...airdodge his attacks?

If he's predictable, Counter.

Err, give us a video or replay. <_<

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
sorry i dont have vids. ill get some soon. he isnt predictable. its like he knows how to approach me in the air and on land. i do air dodge but i end up getting whopped anyways.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Cool. If you can't get videos than you can always send replays to me and I'll make videos out of them for you.

It seems like he's got you read.

Perhaps you're too predictable?

Desire

Smash Journeyman
marth >>>>> 20 Ikes

it shouuld be a very easy match-up

his dair n fair r Xtreme slow, airdodge and punish.
try airdodge and DI out of dair and DS to stage spike, or simply edgehog,

counter shall be your fren if ike spamm fair

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
Um. Counter. Fair. Shield. Evenbetter Airdodge. Counter. DB. Poke.

Don't Fsmash too much in this match up. He can punish the **** out of you.

Uh iono. Grab too. This match up is really easy.

Get him off stage ASAP and it should be easy cake from there.

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
Well, if he's "juggling" you, you're not reacting correctly when you're getting hit into the air. You're probably trying to land on him with an aerial or something. Just find a safe place to land and airdodge only if you expect an attack at that moment. I've seen aggressive ikes who try to hyphen smash (running usmash) you as you go to land. If you fastfall you should probably be able to land and shield in time and then punish, but if you have trouble with that you can always just counter or simply double jump + fastfall to safety.

Ikes usually try to control the ground and attack during landing lag(/wifi lag) if you're not careful. You just need to keep a clear head and land safely when he hits you up. Punish with dancing blade, get him offstage and gimp him. He shouldn't really be gimping you. Just airdodge his offstage attack, and don't let him get above you to spike. If he's spiking you its because hes predicting your jump when he gets you offstage.

The only other thing to remember is eruption, which is a devastating move if you don't expect it and he's smart about it.

I agree with everyone else that it's an easy matchup, but I also think Ike is underestimated in general.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
lol Ike is easy. Just use Dancing Blade a lot and end with the green muti-hit one often. SHairdodge is good. Just SH a lot. Shield and roll behind him to punish.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
heh...thanx

acctually i just screwwed him over today. im more of an off stage fighter.i love edge game. counter is just great against aether.its so simple. i cant believe i missed that!

Hostility

Smash Ace
My friend keeps owning me with his ike. He mainly tries to juggle me and then just uses ikes f air to get me off stage. then he goes and spikes. Basically he makes ike as fast as possible and its giving me a hard time. do you guys have any suggestions as of what i should do?

thanx
Shield? Airdodge? do anything? You should never ever lose in this matchup.

-Ran

Smash Master
Lead him towards the edge of the stage at a fresh life. F-Throw, to tipped F-Smash. Meet off stage with two fairs. Ike is dead. Repeat as necessary. =D

-Ran

Smash Master
Every moment that Ike is in the air, air dodging, and not making progress to getting back on the stage, brings him closer to death. Against a character such as Marth that can spam Fairs/Nair faster than he could Air Dodge, an Ike player would quickly find themselves unable to recover. Spacing is obviously crucial, but it's pretty simple to do.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
People really don't give enough credit to Ike, imo this matchup isn't as easy as it seems. You make it as though all Ike's are f smashing nubs -_-

Your main goal is to get him off the stage, preferably at a low angle a decent way off the stage. Getting inside his huge range is necessary to do this, so try mindgaming an attack out of him with empty shff's or whiffed shff nair/fair and then strike when he's lagging. Take control of this matchup with constant offensive tactics, well spaced of course. If you give him no breathing room, he should have very few options

Roager

Smash Ace
Marth beats Ike. Counter ***** Aether. hard. Marth is way the f*ck faster in the air. Marth is just way the f*ck faster anyway. Take advantage of this. Lots. Your side-B is also your friend. Pretty much anything marth has can be used to punish ike. Now **** that ike, like marth is supposed to do.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
A good ike can be a bit troublesome. He has his Fair which outranges you and the IASA frames on it means he isn't exactly very unsafe to punish.

His jabs are also quite annoying since they set you back and you really want to maintain the pressure on Ike.

The ebst thing to do is make use of your aerial mobility. Ike's does not compare to it so using it to poke at Ike is useful. Alot of your attacks are also much faster so you can maintain pressure more easily.
I really like to use Fair in this matchup as well as the Nair and Dtilt.

Dancing Blade is also good with the neutral B finish since it pops Ike away more horizontally (though an up version works well since he is landcamped easily).

Once you have him off the stage edge guard him with Fairs/Nair/Bair and he is pretty much done.

You shouldn't have great difficulty with Ike, just space himw ell and take advantage of your advantage in speed.

siqmonkey

Smash Apprentice
Lol Cuba... and siqmonkey, have you ever even played a good Ike.
yes i play an ike every single time. i'm tired of it. trust me my friends ike is on the competitve side. maybe i win most of the time because i play him mostly. but yeah need more friends to play with in my area.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ya, no harm, I was laughing at your post but I was asking Siqmonkey, I don't doubt who you've played Cuba. How good is Germ's Ike? I've only seen his Wolf, which is excellent.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
i guess the reason that ike was beating me at the time was beacause i hadnt played brawl for ove 2 months. now i got my feel back and he keeps getting screwed over and over again.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
oh and jk cuba. i was only messing with ya.lol
lol I figured

Ya, no harm, I was laughing at your post but I was asking Siqmonkey, I don't doubt who you've played Cuba. How good is Germ's Ike? I've only seen his Wolf, which is excellent.
its pretty good. its weird though...cuz it doesn't play like a typical ike. its really fun to play him though

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I've only encounted a handful of really good Ikes and almost never one that was phenomenal. It's a shame. I honestly don't think Ike is that easy of a match-up for Marth. It's an advantage for Marth, but only by a slim margin in my opinion. If he knows what he's doing, Ike can definitely give Marth a tough time.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
Ike is one of Marth's easiest match-ups! Gimping is simple, Fair him off, and if he even gets a chance to do an up-B towards the ledge, stand their and counter it, and jump in with some more Fair's.

Done.

Top Bottom