• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sighh...trouble against ike

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Ike is one of Marth's easiest match-ups! Gimping is simple, Fair him off, and if he even gets a chance to do an up-B towards the ledge, stand their and counter it, and jump in with some more Fair's.

Done.
Well, obviously it's ridiculously easy if you're playing Ikes with little skill (and I would say the majority of Ike users are in this category). Edgeguarding is not easy when the Ike knows how to defend against a gimpy Marth. I may be a Marth fan, but I'm not oblivious to Ike's potential either.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ike is a slow, gimpable piece of trash, LOL.

Just punish anything he does with f-b and stay safe. Once he's off the stage, he dies.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a slow, gimpable piece of trash, LOL.

Just punish anything he does with f-b and stay safe. Once he's off the stage, he dies.
You make it sound so easy. Of course, I wouldn't expect any sympathy for Ike on these boards. ;) But in all honesty, Marth mains are not giving Ike enough credit. I suggest fighting at least one good Ike and then report that the match was a piece of cake. I think there's at least a few over on the Ike boards who are decent. Kirk's a great Ike user from what I've seen.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I ***** Mew2King's Ike several times and he refuses to money match me in that match-up. :)
I have nothing but respect for M2K, as he is one of the best SSBM players in the world, but maybe he's not the best Ike player. Perhaps fighting a dedicated Ike main would be a better option. Like I mentioned above, Kirk's an excellent Ike user. Haven't fought him myself, but he's generally accepted as one of the best Ikes around. He would be sure to provide a decent challenge, unlike other Ikes here.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My friend keeps owning me with his ike. He mainly tries to juggle me and then just uses ikes f air to get me off stage. then he goes and spikes. Basically he makes ike as fast as possible and its giving me a hard time. do you guys have any suggestions as of what i should do?

thanx
Be less predictable. There's nothing that me (or anyone else for that matter) can say that'd be an easy answer for you. He's probably beating you because you're making stupid decisions that keep getting punished over and over. Especially if it's Ike vs. Marth...

Ask him what you're doing wrong. He's probably a lot better than you, and has a better idea than anyone on these boards what your problems are.. unless you have videos I have no idea how you play, how he plays, and why you're losing, other than doing something dumb.. :p

3mbl3m l0rd

Smash Rookie
Wow...this is so dumb. Marth owns Ike; everyone knows that. Believe me, I know. 5 of my friends main Ike. It's simple. You shield his laggy moves, then punish with Dancing Blade. Work on your air dodging. Use Dancing Blade more. Fair and d-tilt a lot. Edgehog. Practice. That's all I gotta say.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Wow...this is so dumb. Marth owns Ike; everyone knows that. Believe me, I know. 5 of my friends main Ike. It's simple. You shield his laggy moves, then punish with Dancing Blade. Work on your air dodging. Use Dancing Blade more. Fair and d-tilt a lot. Edgehog. Practice. That's all I gotta say.
Marth has an advantage over Ike, but the match up is not completely in his favor. I'd say about 60-40. Good Ikes would know how to play their game wisely and not use his laggy moves all that much. It's quite amazing how Marth mains cannot tolerate even the mere mention of an Ike having a chance beating Marth. Give the Ike boards a read. You'll find several informative and objective views about how Ike stands 1 vs 1 against Marth. I hope at least one of you will find it as enlightening as I did. Being a Marth main is fantastic, but even I have to accept that lower tiered characters stand a chance against him.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Who's that? More importantly, where does he live? Real-life tournaments only if you're going to say he's good, btw.
he lives in concord, I play him a lot, and yeah, he does have a very good Ike. He doesn't main ike (who would? LOL) but trust me, its good, he's no online only RoK the Reaper type of Ike. I wouldn't say its on an Azen or NEO level though. even with hostility's ike, it still gets trampled by my marth. ike is easilly one of marths easiest match ups, why is this debate even going on still? Andrew, I don't know if you know this, but Inui knows his ****, stop questioning him

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
calm down eric, i dont think hostitility is anywhere near good with Ike lmao. the only good ike i played was tudios.

anyway, iono what advice has been given yet, but at 0 percent i just tend to grab for the fthrow tip fsmash, btu don't try to spam grab, it could end up hurting you if you could have done another move.

counter is a good friend in this matchup for stupid ikes that like to do that random forward smash ****, just run up and counter. countering ike's up B really ***** him too, i don't think he can recover if you counter it.

iono, that was really vague advice lmao. my bad

Top Bottom