• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sig Wars Part two***dead line reached6/20

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
a man youll see ive made this as fair as possible ive though things through and i know exactly what im gonna do

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm just worried about Black Waltz and some of the more minor PS users. Throw in some Weeds, Marths, and sugar into the mix and then.... . Right now I'm probably not going to even make the top 10.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I'm just worried about Black Waltz and some of the more minor PS users. Throw in some Weeds, Marths, and sugar into the mix and then.... . Right now I'm probably not going to even make the top 10.
Now now, don't count yourself out. :)

looks like youre out of your slump, eh MM? lol, sexy sigs, btw; i look forward to this competition.

sgt. wikez is prolly going to post on the last day and make us all **** our pants with awesomeness.

i don't think that would be a good idea, because people who aren't knowledgable about GFX or sig making would only base their votes on first impressions, ie: "OOH, SHINY! I VOTE THAT!" and not vote based on technique and all those other factors that contribute to a great sig.

Nah, we'd need Glorious *AKA Fresh Israel* to do that. True definition of a Professional Tag-maker right there. So amazing. I believe some of his work can be seen here as well.

So yeah, I look at his stuff and I feel so inspired and driven. Driven to become the best I can be and to always improve. :)

Anyway, enough with the motivational speech, lol. I think anybody should be able to vote, but give 2-3 LEGITIMATE REASONS AS TO WHY YOU VOTE. That way you can see how they are voting.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
And I have two things to say:

-I hope people won't be judging by how much work it looks like it took. The end result is what matters most. *And yes, each tag took around an hour to an hour and a half for me to make*

-I REALLY hope people won't vote just because of the maker. Example, if someone was to vote for me or sugarpoultry just because it's us. That's not fair, no matter WHO you're voting for. Remember that. Vote on the sigs you think are best.

That's all I have to say. I just want the judging to be fair. Good luck everyone!
I second this. It's what pisses me off about the All is Brawl SotW. Everyone is biased towards their friends, not who's is best. @#$%ing stupid.

Nice tags btw. ;)

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Ok, I guess I'll post my entries.

Entry 1:

(Source)

Entry 2:

(Source)

I've seen so many good entries! Incredible work, guys.

And I do agree with the hope that people won't vote based on who their friends are. I don't think people will do that, though :)

IC3R

Smash Lord
Quick question: Does the "anime" have to currently exist? Because I made a sig with one of the characters I made for a manga/anime...

Actually, I've made a number of sigs with my own characters. 0__o

If my own not-yet-finished-or-published manga/anime character sigs aren't allowed...whatever...

And...I may have to withdraw from the Sig War anyway. My Internet at home decided to be stupid and stop working altogether (I'm at a University right now 0_o).
Don't count me out! But don't be surprised if I don't post anything after this...

@ Naybewon: Nice work! :bee:

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Quick question: Does the "anime" have to currently exist? Because I made a sig with one of the characters I made for a manga/anime...

Actually, I've made a number of sigs with my own characters. 0__o

If my own not-yet-finished-or-published manga/anime character sigs aren't allowed...whatever...

And...I may have to withdraw from the Sig War anyway. My Internet at home decided to be stupid and stop working altogether (I'm at a University right now 0_o).
Don't count me out! But don't be surprised if I don't post anything after this...

@ Naybewon: Nice work! :bee:
yea a manga sorta counts as ana anime so yea you can

i see this is bringing out the best in people

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Can I substitute a sig? Please? Pretty please? With cherries and whipped cream on top? *chibi eyes*

I mean, on PlanetRenders they allow you to substitute your sigs out for the SOTW as long as it's before the deadline. Just edit your post........*gives chibi eyes again*
lol not the uking eyes lol yea you can you can change or edit your sig as much as you like before the dead line

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
oh, thank god we can edit entries.

and i'll just post my second entry for lazies:

and MM just won.

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, not exactly a gurarantee. As Marthmaster said before, most people are voting by which one is flashy, not by good technique. If it was by flashy effects, the likes of Naybewon would win. But when it's be good technique like it will be in the second round, Marthmaster and Sugarpoultry will rock this world.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
oh, thank god we can edit entries.

and i'll just post my second entry for lazies:

and MM just won.

Lol, thanks. :)

Well, not exactly a gurarantee. As Marthmaster said before, most people are voting by which one is flashy, not by good technique. If it was by flashy effects, the likes of Naybewon would win. But when it's be good technique like it will be in the second round, Marthmaster and Sugarpoultry will rock this world.
I appreciate what you're saying. Seriously. It's like I said though, I just wish some people could get past the fact of which one has the "flashy effects" or who made it, and vote on the overall piece, not just one thing, y'know?

if this doesn't get int on nsl it's so ****ed up
I'll get it classed and we'll see.

If it doesn't get Intermediate then i'll probably just give it up, because i've actually seen worse tags than mine right there get inter or semi, even. *not a stroke to my ego, just being truthful*

A_man13

Smash Master
If it was voted for by fellow sig makers, it would be more fair. But since almost every competent sig maker is competing in the contest, that would be hard without asking Mr. Joe shmo. Here is an idea; everyone who entered the contest votes for who should be in the top 5 or 10 (other than their self) and whoever gets the most votes moves on to the top 10.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion

if this doesn't get int on nsl it's so ****ed up
Guess what good buddy? It's getting classed moderate. -_-;;

If it was voted for by fellow sig makers, it would be more fair. But since almost every competent sig maker is competing in the contest, that would be hard without asking Mr. Joe shmo. Here is an idea; everyone who entered the contest votes for who should be in the top 5 or 10 (other than their self) and whoever gets the most votes moves on to the top 10.
Hmmm....doesn't sound too bad.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Wow. You're kind of a jackas$. What have I EVER done to you to deserve a remark like that?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i dont quite understand the rules.

1) you can enter TWO sigs? but the top ten are going to have a contest of their own?

2) you dont have to put your name on it??

3) you have to show the original render??

this doesnt make sense to me.

anyways, im glad that i have until the 20th to finish my sigs.

also, /wave at ODIN and MM92 and SP! i havent made a sig for swf in a long time! good to see you guys! (except SP, i see her all the time in the broom)

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I'm just kidding. You are better than that. I should've thrown myself under the bus...
You were most certainly not kidding. Do you think I'm stupid?

And for the record, my "flashy effects" are HAND-MADE and just as deserving as any other sig. Sugarpoultry and Marthmaster have made outstanding sigs, but my TECHNIQUE is quite different from theirs and just as worth people's time and consideration in this contest. One of the reasons I entered is because my style is different. It's more ethereal and flowy in contrast to their graphic styles. I'm offended that you don't think any technique goes into what I do...

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm sorry. You are by far one of the best here and everyone knows that. I even admit that you will probably be in the top 5, if not the top 7. I may be smart, but I'm still a little rough around the edges. I'm sorry I said that and a buch of other things. I never ment to be offesive like that.

A_man13

Smash Master
You use a verry different style than everyone else. While that isn't a bad thing, I'm just not used to seeing that style just yet. Whatever works for you is great and I can see why you are majoring in graphic design with your work.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

1) you can enter TWO sigs? but the top ten are going to have a contest of their own?

also, /wave at ODIN and MM92 and SP! i havent made a sig for swf in a long time! good to see you guys! (except SP, i see her all the time in the broom)
posted so that people still see it after the drama

Naybewon

Smash Ace
1.) Yes. Yes.

2.) No. He's going to make a thread after the deadline, collect everyone's entries (including their names) and post them on a new, voting thread.

You can put other names or words on them, though, if you want.

3.) Yes. I guess that's so people can see how much stuff you did to it as opposed to how much was done to it already when you found the picture? I'm not sure, to be honest, but that's what I'm guessing.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion

Hey Tom! How ya been?

You were most certainly not kidding. Do you think I'm stupid?

And for the record, my "flashy effects" are HAND-MADE and just as deserving as any other sig. Sugarpoultry and Marthmaster have made outstanding sigs, but my TECHNIQUE is quite different from theirs and just as worth people's time and consideration in this contest. One of the reasons I entered is because my style is different. It's more ethereal and flowy in contrast to their graphic styles. I'm offended that you don't think any technique goes into what I do...
No offense, but you're getting a bit bent out of shape. Again, I don't mean any offense, but from what I can see, your effects are fractals, mainly. I can do those with 3 clicks in GIMP.

I applaud you for making your own effects, but don't try to make it sound harder than it actually is. And let's drop it at this, alright? I don't want any trouble/flaming going on here.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
?

You're resurrecting it. A_man and I have the issue all resolved, it's been over for hours, and it didn't involve you in the first place (not to be rude, but really: why are you commenting on this at all? It WAS being dropped and forgotten, as it should.)

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm not taking any offense and I don't mean to be offensive to you either. But I did send you a PM. It, in addition to other things, briefs you on how making a fractal and integrating it into a sig is just as impressive as downloading a brush and stamping it onto a canvas, which, from what I can see: you do. I mean no offense when I say I can do that with 1 click in photoshop. :D

Face it: sigs aren't THAT hard to make. There's no need to go dissing people over them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You're all dumb and should go soak your respective heads.

See? Now Tom gets the last word so neither one of you have to keep bickering to get it.

@mm92, ive been good, i just really don't know how to make my sigs look better =/ im on guildinn and stuff though so it should come with time.

Top Bottom