• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*SideEffect* Presents YCBM. Houston TX. RESULTS 1ST PAGE IM SO **** AMAZING HUH?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I would go to this if you're going to Akon mainly for Smash. Anyway, I'm 99% sure I'm going to Akon, and I wanna try to make it to this as well. Especially since there's gonna be a low tier. My DK and Zelda need victims. :chuckle:

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
JF speaks the truth. As smash tournaments go, Akon is pretty light. Think of your standard tournament as "Introduction to Nuclear Physics." Akon is more like "Appreciating Baskets 101".

Velox

Smash Ace
Oh, def. not for smash, although I'd probably go play while I'm there. It's just that... ...Evangelion is the ****.

Edit** Ronnie, if I make both... is the respect still lost?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
the only good anime ever made is Beyblade

and i will forever believe that

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Oh, def. not for smash, although I'd probably go play while I'm there. It's just that... ...Evangelion is the ****.

Edit** Ronnie, if I make both... is the respect still lost?
As long as you come to mine... it's all good. I could care less about Akon. But yeah... just show up to mine... especially since you didn't go on the 28th. ;)

DO NOT FORGET TV's AND GAMECUBES/SSBM PEOPLE IT WILL MAKE THE TOURNEY RUN A LOT SMOOTHER AND MORE TIME FOR FRIENDLIES / FUN STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :) :)

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Random thing I thought I had to say........

BUM(dk player) is a BEAST. he recently got 4th at MLG NY 2007. I bow to this guy....

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Defenitely Dawn....

UPDATE: Wobbles is coming for sure ^^ and he might bring DoH.... yay!!!!

UPDATE #2: I will have 3 TV's..... MOUF is bringing 1 TV..... TGM is bringing 1 tv.... that is 5 TVS.... 3-4 more would be PERFECT.... =)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Random thing I thought I had to say........

BUM(dk player) is a BEAST. he recently got 4th at MLG NY 2007. I bow to this guy....
I really wanna play him. Why does he have to live in NY? =\ Wait, MLG doesn't have smash on its main circuit, so what was this event?

Seriously, I wanna play that guy so bad and see if I can learn anything frm his DK, r if he learns anything from mine.

TGM

Smash Lord
Akon=anime=stupid
SE tourny=milk matches=epic

bum never got 4th at MLG........................he got 4th at the NY tourney though.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
OH i thought it was.... oh well 4th is still pretty good if it was w/ DK.

Uhh... are u suggesting I do a milk match with someone? lol =D

TGM

Smash Lord
if chu lost with his IC to to the DK, then its amazing.

and yes, milk match drew.

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
sup guyz, yes i am finally back, the legendary mouf has returned lolz

ya i will come to this for sure and i will bring my TV so im hopin every1 else from houston will go too

**** a-kon or wutever

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
SORRY but I had to change the date of this tourney to JUNE 2ND

I am going on Vacation June 8th to the 14th to DisneyWorld so I have to make this a week earlier. Screw AKON. Nothing has changed... just the date of this tourney!!!

MM anyone?? So far I have a fox vs sheik $3 and a Ganon vs sheik $2 with forkgirl....

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I dunno how that will tide over. You're basically saying that your event is something better than one of the more anticipated conventions where at least hundreds go to including a large part of the smash community? I think even I may be going now that I've found out about it.

dawn001

Smash Ace

I am going on Vacation June 8th to the 14th to DisneyWorld so I have to make this a week earlier. Screw AKON. Nothing has changed... just the date of this tourney!!!

MM anyone?? So far I have a fox vs sheik $3 and a Ganon vs sheik $2 with forkgirl....
ok cool so now is on the the second ?

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
I dunno how that will tide over. You're basically saying that your event is something better than one of the more anticipated conventions where at least hundreds go to including a large part of the smash community? I think even I may be going now that I've found out about it.

Go to akon if you must. But if you care about smash and want to have a good tourney then you need to come here. Houston always wants to smash and meet up and play but if you would rather go to akon then go ahead. But no one at all should ***** about there being no smash tournies etc...

EDIT: Yes dawn it will be on june 2nd for sure.

Really I see this only being a minor set back as far as attendance goes. Im sure I will only lose a few people like you Aaron... Sethlon... and Velox. But it's a sacrafice I have to take. After all you are the guys missing the tourney.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Without Akon, there would be no Smash community ;) just throwing that out there. I don't care one way or the other, it's just the "if you care about Smash" comment that riles me. If you want to play smash, definitely go to a tournament. If you want to celebrate smash, go to Akon.

But anyways, this isn't a competition. Akon and Sideeffect's tournaments are indeed looking for different audiences. There might not even BE console gaming at this year's Akon. All you're going to be missing is the Dkrew, most of whom don't even play Smash anymore ;)

Mouf_From_Da_Souf

Smash Journeyman
hey jake letz do peach vs fox 3/5 5$ or peach ditto 3/5 5$ you up for it?

also anybody else wanna mm?

edit: what is akon, an anime convention? if thatz tha case, anime is 7 flavorz of gay so ya who carez

if ur talking about an akon concert on tha other hand...he sux lolz wtf is wrong wit u guyz

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Without Akon, there would be no Smash community ;) just throwing that out there. I don't care one way or the other, it's just the "if you care about Smash" comment that riles me. If you want to play smash, definitely go to a tournament. If you want to celebrate smash, go to Akon.

But anyways, this isn't a competition. Akon and Sideeffect's tournaments are indeed looking for different audiences. There might not even BE console gaming at this year's Akon. All you're going to be missing is the Dkrew, most of whom don't even play Smash anymore ;)

Well this is smashboards.... and if console games arent even going to be there then you are weird for going to akon. Not to mention my tourney will beat smash at akon anyday lol. Why would anyone wanna celebrate smash.. how would you even go about doing that...

Velox

Smash Ace
**** I haven't been to a tournament since January and that was another Ronnie tournament. **** looks like things aren't going to change either.

Without Akon, there would be no Smash community
Amen to that, that's indirectly how I got into smash.

I broke Gabe's shield yesterday with multi-shines << I hate people who brag about tech skill, including myself. That being said... I'm amazing.

If I do magically go to this anyway out of respect for the great man Ronnie used to be (till he changed the effin date), I'm going all Yoshi...

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
That date change kinda sucks... I guess I wont be able to make it. So who is all going to Akon by the way? All that I know of at the moment is me, Seth, Jesus Freak and maybe Velox, Omni D and Scav? I might also bring Adam, although he isn't really an active smasher.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So this thing is officially june 9th right?
yes mr. knives. it is on the 9th no matter what.
Lolz

Whelp, date change, like ronnie said, =me not coming. I got invited to a-kon a long time ago by my sis, and im not cancelling. I did want to come to this though :ohwell:

Yes, celebrating smash is awesome! And makes sense to us old timers. Which by the by just hit me, i've been playing this game for 2.5+ years now :psycho: :cool:

Lol chris you should totally win this tourney with yoshi. 10$ says that that would make ronnie/mouf try to main low tier for a week again :p

And yes mouf, Akon is an anime convention.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Silas! Cory! Sintenal! Sevens?

If you answered "who?" to any of these names, then you should go to Sideeffects tournament :)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

GAY>>>>BUT ILL GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILLL!

Top Bottom