• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shyguy for Brawl!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I say Shyguy needs a move to reference to Bandit, since he was the first playable ShyGuy(in SMW2, do the mini game cheat, someone with the second controller could play as bandit).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Maverick69

Smash Ace
well yea, he's going to be somewhere in brawl no matter what.

But i actually want to play as him. I want the satisfaction of smacking someone off the stage witha spear and then shooting a little black ball at em.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Sorry, but I'm going to have to say no. SSB is not a Mario Sports game, so there's no reason to waste space on the roster for generic enemy types. I like Shy Guy and all, but not for SSBB...

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I understand why some people may not want shyguy in the game and it's true he is a tad generic. But I stand by my vote and I hope to be smashing as shyguy in the future.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I was thinking....

B ^ - Fly Guy - Shy Guy sprouts wings from his back and he starts to fly he can fly for a maximum of 3 seconds he is propelled upwards as well, he can't do any combos or nuthin just fly.

b > - Spear Guy - Shy Guy pulls out a spear and hurls it, this is chargable as well.

B v - Pogo Guy - Shy Guy pulls out a pogo stick plummets downwards and bounces upwards this happens 3 times.

B - Bomb Guy - Shy Guy pulls out a bomb by pressing A you throw the bomb.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Alright. Here's what I think.

Shyguy is a terrible idea. I would feel greatly cheated if he got one of the precious few character slots in Brawl. Shyguy does not deserve to be a character, because he isn't a character. He's just a nameless, generic enemy never has played an important role. Shyguy is no more important than a generic Koopa Troopa, a generic Octorok, a generic Metroid, a generic Goomba, etc. If I saw him in as a playable character, I would feel very dissapointed with Brawl knowing that there was an actual character that didn't make it in because the space was wasted by a generic level enemy.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I agree wih HiddenTiger. Generic enemies shouldn't be included in Brawl. There are to many shyguys, goombas, troopas, and others that don't need to be included.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
what did Mr. Game and Watch do? Take in moves from G&W games like Octopus, Parachute, and Fire.

We pictured shy Guy tking in moves from different Shy Guys, like Fly guys, Spear Guys, etc.
That's not the point. I will acknowledge that Shy Guy has a multitude of moves to use, but that doesn't change the fact that he's not actually a character. The only conceivable way he could make it into Brawl is if he was shoved in just to force another character out.

saberhof

Smash Master
if you dont understand what i meant...

I mean like Koopas appear in a adventure level. shyguy's would appear in a level..(Get it now?)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
if you dont understand what i meant...

I mean like Koopas appear in a adventure level. shyguy's would appear in a level..(Get it now?)
I lready got what you meant. perhaps you should reread the last sentence where I said shy Guy should be in a Yoshi's Island / Yoshi's Story stage as an enemy

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i cant remember how he was playable auctually... yeh ther was a white shy guy that helped you... how did it help you again? i cant remember now...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I love Shy Guy now and I have done my first attempt at drawing up some movelists, I am a really bad drawer and I whipped them up with a texta, I will scan them on to my computer soon, there is my proposed specials and my super Idea.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ok My Scanner is screwey so I took pictures of my pictures with my Digital Camera :o keep in mind I suck at drawing but here they are

Ok for the special moves

B - Bullet Guy - Like in Hazey Maze Cave in Super Mario 64 Shy Guy shoots bullets out of his mouth

B ^ - Fly Guy - Shy Guy sprouts wings and can fly for 3 seconds, pressing A will cancel the flight.

B > - Spear Guy - Shy Guy charges fowards with a spear

B v - Shyster - Shy Guy pulls out a pogo stick bounces on it and propels himself upwards then he plumets back downwards with the speed of Kirby's rock it does a lot of Damage to foes

In case you can't read what it says this his super

Gourmet Guy - Shy Guy gets really fat and he eats the closest opponent, it also helps him recover 1% health.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
One victory pose for him would have to be that his mask falls of, but he quickly turns around so you can't see his face. And Flyguy has a propellor, not wings.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
omfg rofl. +rep for using gourmet guy as the brawl move. I love it.

Also, to whoever said shyguys are as generic as yoshis.... well... last time i checked that didnt stop yoshi from getting in.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi has his own spin-off franchise from Mario. The pokemon are creatures used for battling. They were all the basis of the games they were in.

The shy guys are not important to the game play. They were put in the game to be minor annoyences to make it harder to get through a level, like Goombas and Koopas. If a shy guy makes it in Brawl, one stomp on the head should kill him like in the games. ;)

Besides, if ANY generic Mario enemies are getting in, it's gonna be a Koopa Troopa. I don't want them either, but they are at least requested for by japanese fans and now have a spot on Sakurai's consideration list.

bbb

Smash Champion
Shyguys are a little generic for my taste but, he is no more generic than a Yoshi. That and there is a huge amount of moves he could utilize due to the various forms that Shyguys take.

bbb

Smash Champion
I can't argue with a hat. I have after all always kind of wanted to play as Anti-Guy after he kicked my *** in Paper Mario.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I loved Shy Guys in Super Mario 64 especially the ones in Hazy Maze Cave (hence my Shy Guy's neutral B) they are so awsome and here is the kick arse hat guy.

Top Bottom