• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shyguy for Brawl!

Maverick69

Smash Ace
the fact that he has all the forms doesnt mean he would transform into them, it just gives him a huge set of moves to choose from.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shy Guy FTW!
I borrowed mummy's digital camera and now I have this Shy Guy picture, sorry it's crumpled up I got in a fight with my sister and she picked up one of my pictures, scrunched it up in a ball and threw it on the ground but it's ok because I spilt a bottle of her perfume over :)

Maverick69

Smash Ace
of course not. He's not going to transform. he's just gonna do moves based on his counterparts.

Wait.. technically he will transform. but only for his super if my gourmet guy idea is what happens.

xianfeng ima resize that for you and put it on the first page. go ahead and take it down cuz I saved it. and it's wayyyy too big lol.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
So you only plan for him to physically transform for his supper that would be okay then, however I still can't support a minor chracter like Shyguy sorry.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
lol I just wasted a whole 10 seconds resizing it myself *shake fist*

I understand ad respect that. I know a lot of people would rather see a more majr character but I figure hey, if they've got an open slot, and theyfeel like having a mario opponent fill it, why not shyguy? he's got more potential than koopas or goombas, so might as well.

Pls I really like shyguy. Always have. he always seemed so cool to me. but w/e. If he gets in, I'll be extremely happy. If he doesnt get in I'll be dissapointed but not suprised

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
No, shyguy wouldn't stand for it. Just like yoshi got tired of hauling Mario's fat a** around, shyguy got sick of being thrown at ppl so he decided to fight back.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No, shyguy wouldn't stand for it. Just like yoshi got tired of hauling Mario's fat a** around, shyguy got sick of being thrown at ppl so he decided to fight back.
exactly.

Although I prefered my moveset to Dante's for 2 minor reasons the bullets and the flames could have been just one move leaving room for the spear and the killer pogo stick beats the stilts but yours is cool too dante and it has way more detail :p

Maverick69

Smash Ace
You didnt look at my updated movelist did ya xianfeng. lol.

My Smash B was changed to a running tackle, and if the tackle connects to someone holding an item he steals the item. ( a reference to paper mario bandits)

And my Dair was changed to the pogo stick. doing a bouncing meteor smash.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
You didnt look at my updated movelist did ya xianfeng. lol.

My down B was changed to the pogo stick and my Smash B was changed to a running tackle, and if the tackle connects to someone holding an item he steals the item. ( a reference to paper mario bandits)
Of course Bandits! How could I forget them! That's awsome, great update Dante

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Uh sorry ittle mixup lol. Down B is still stilts but my Dair became the pogo stick. So same effect except you get to meteor smash people with it ^_^

Maverick69

Smash Ace
hmmm... altho when I think about it.. maybe I should reverse the two. Because a pogo stick down B would kinda make sense, the down B would cause the inital bounce and he could keep bouncing if you time it right..... and then the stilts could just be a quick deploy Dair..... cuz Pogo dair would give shyguy too big an advantage, being able to attack and recover at once.....

what you think xian? should i switch the two?

quago318

Smash Rookie
Shy guy is awesome and i was gonna make a thread if i hadnt seen one already. ive wanted him in for a long time and i hope he makes it

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Very creative idea Dantedemonslayr. I actually like the idea of Shy Guy being a playable character, however, let's look at the already well represented Mario Series Cast.

Pretty Much Confirmed:
1. Mario
2. Peach - Of course she will also have a Daisy Outfit
3. Bowser
4. Luigi
5. Yoshi - ***I'm rooting for a Boshi outfit***

Most Likely to be deleted:
1. Dr Mario - will possibly become a costume

Possible Additions:
1. Geno
2. Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario

Unlikely Additions:
Birdo
Toad/Toadette **Alternate Costumer**(spelling - whatever)
Shy Guy

And then, let's not forget the infamous Wario who is representing his own series, and I can't help but think that Waluigi might be tagging along with him.

Sakurai said himself that he didn't want to focus too much attention on any one franchise, this is why I simply can't see Shy Guy happening, but then again, who knows. Great Moveset by the way!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Very creative idea Dantedemonslayr. I actually like the idea of Shy Guy being a playable character, however, let's look at the already well represented Mario Series Cast.

Pretty Much Confirmed:
1. Mario
3. Bowser
4. Luigi

Possible Additions:
1. Geno

Unlikely Additions:
Birdo
Shy Guy

And then, let's not forget the infamous Wario who is representing his own series, and I can't help but think that Waluigi might be tagging along with him.

Sakurai said himself that he didn't want to focus too much attention on any one franchise, this is why I simply can't see Shy Guy happening, but then again, who knows. Great Moveset by the way!
Waluigi isn't in the Wario Ware series and Yoshi is representing his series too and Baby Bowser doesn't transform into shadow mario bowser jr does, Toad should be in possible Additions and Yoshi and Shy Guy are from the Yoshi series.

Iggy K

Smash Ace

Pretty Much Confirmed:
1. Mario
3. Bowser
4. Luigi

Possible Additions:
1. Geno

Unlikely Additions:
Birdo
Shy Guy

Just so you know, Toad and Geno are both extremley likely.

Gerakobittsu

Smash Cadet
Shyguy could be decent with that moveset. But then again, many people can be decent with a nice moveset. But if Shyguy gets that one specifically, I'll root for him.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Dont worry deathborne, unlike Tom Nook, I actually understand people not wanting shyguy in brawl. He is technically a generic character. I just happen to think he's really cool and could work as a fighter because of all his different forms.

In all honesty if he had a movelist similar to mine don't you think he could work?

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Well if he had a moveset that was kinda like Game and Watch's where he pulls out the randomest items from his many costumes and appearences, he would make it. But as much as I love the nonsense of everything that is Shy Guy, it's kinda obvious he won't get in any fighting game. He just isn't a real bad guy. He would also be the only generic character in the entire game, and he'd be all lonely if that happened.

Unless someone makes Super Generic Bros. Combat...Yeah...now we're talkin'...

Top Bottom