• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shyguy for Brawl!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Perhaps he should be included in the game but NOT as a character.
No as a playable character there are specific Shy Guys like White Shy Guy from Yoshi's Story he goes by the name shy Guy. He was a Shy Guy that went against Baby Bowser and tried to help the Yoshis being a former recruit he knew how to save the yoshis. There is also General Guy, Cowboy Guy, Gormet Guy etc.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Shy Guys are more Yoshi characters any way, Shy Guys could up the Yoshi series representation
Kamek would be a better representation for the Yoshi series, because he's not generic and the main bad guy after Bowser.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
But shyguy is so much cooler thn kamek XD.

Iono. I really like the idea of playing as shyguy. and he has so many potential moves because of the multiple forms.

As for hats, well, we'll leave that up to sakurai lol.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
But shyguy is so much cooler thn kamek XD.
Opinion.

Iono. I really like the idea of playing as shyguy. and he has so many potential moves because of the multiple forms.
Shy guys doesn't have different forms. Having different forms means that he can transform into them somehow.

You are thinking of VARIATIONS of shy guys. There are so many shy guys that some are different then others. They cannot transform into each other.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
ok so he has many potential moves because of the different VARIATIONS of shyguy.

My point remains valid all you did was correct my wordplay.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Weren't you listening Super Cool they did the same with G&W we're not saying just put any old shyguy in there, but put regular guy in there and combine all the guys in one just like G&W.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
also, it's not it would be hard for a shyguy to "transform" into another guy.

If he picks up a spear he's a spear guy, gets on some stilts, picks up a slingshot, etc.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Ok, I decided to finish my movelist. This is an updated and improved moveset.

A - A little slap. simple enough.

AA - First slap followd by a backhand slap.

Forward Tilt - Headbutt. Shyguy tilts his little head forward and it knocks ya back.

Down Tilt - Shyguy does a headspin.

Back Tilt - Shyguy does a spin. Like a pirouette (sp?) i guess.

Dash Attack - His little propeller pops out and he kinda dives forward. If behind him, propeller does damage. If in front of him, he kinda headbutts em.

Neutral Air - pulls out his helicopter for a sec. smacks people and slows his fall. (think G&W parachute)

Forward Air - A little burst in fire in front of him (flyguys in Mario 64)

Back Air - A little kick. Kinda like Ness' dropkick.

Down Air - gets on his stilts. Works kinda like link's dair except he doesnt hold it out. If you connect you bounce off and it knocks them downward.

Up Air - Shy guy thrusts his spear upwards.

Neutral B - Shyguy shoots a little black ball out of his mouth.

Up B - Shyguy gets his little propeller for a few seconds (like how he flies in the yoshi stage) it would be kinda like DK's Up B, or Link's up B but less powerful and less range. It would have good recovery though and last for a while.

Down B - Shyguy gets out his stilts and jumps with them, you can land on someone and bounce off, it can connect more than once if you keep bouncing.

Side B - Shyguy shoots fire out of his mouth, kinda like his fair, but if this one connects it lights them on fire like PK fire.

Smash - Shyguy shoots with a slingshot, doesnt go very far, about the range of ness's home run bat.

Up smash - Shyguy sticks a spear up in the air.

Down smash - Spins a spear around. Kinda like Marth's Dsmash

Grab - Shyguy grabs with both hands. Attacks with little kicks (i think it'd be funny lookin) If he runs and grabs it'll be like Ness, a little lag.

Forward Throw - Shyguy pushes em a bit and then hits them with the slingshot, knocking them back. This would probably be kinda easy to escape because of the push.

Back Throw - Spins (meaning turns not rolls) and tosses em behind him.

Down Throw - Tosses you on the ground and does a headbutt (meaning he jumps up slightly and lands directly with the top of his head on you)

Up Throw - Spikes them up with a tennis racket. He would pull out the tennis racket, lean way back, and hit em up with it. Obviously this would send em forward a lil bit. (yea a mario tennis reference)

Taunt - Shyguy pulls out a piece of food and tosses it towards the nearest edge. If it makes it off the edge it will actually fall off. if not it'll just dissapear. (reference to their role in melee)

Costume 1 - Red Shyguy, White mask. Normal.
Costume 2 - Red Shyguy, White mask, Ranger Hat.
Costume 3 - Red Shyguy, White mask, Hula Skirt, Red dots on cheeks. (spear guy)
Costume 4 - Grey Whyguy, White Mask (Anti Guy)

Kirby: Kirby gets a shyguy mask.

Super Smash - Ok, I've got two ideas, tell me which you like better.

Idea 1) This will be popular for Paper Mario Players. Shyguy puts on a chef's hat, gets fat, becomes gourmet guy. He eats the closest character , does his OH.. MY.. GOD! with the camera getting closer and then runs around spastically (like when he eats the cake). The running around will smack any players in the way. Then he trips and falls and the guy he ate flies out of his mouth, having taken some substantial damage.

Idea 2) Shyguy grabs the super smash icon, looks like he's about to do something, when all of a sudden his mask falls off. He freaks out and turns around to put it back on. While he's putting it on, general guy (from paper mario) pops out, and points at the closest player. Then from behind General guy all the other shyguy forms pop out. Spear Guy, Anti Guy, Sniffit, Stilt guy, and flyguy all rush out and start running/flying/stilting all over the screen smacking everyone in sight. Then a toychest appears general guy orders them back into it. Shyguy then flips around and raises his arms (as if to attack) sees everyone all beat up, and gets a question mark over his head. (wtf happened)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok everyone, there is the completed movelist for Shyguy. I'm actually kinda proud of it. Now if the descriptions of the moves sound kinda vague, it's because it's 1 AM and my brain doesnt want to think.

Also, as a special request, I would like xianfeng or Plan9 to do a little drawing of shyguy's moves ^_^

Shyguy for Brawl!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Zomg double post! Nice moveset, though I think he should have a white color robe for a costume.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well that certainly is an impressive moveset. I applaud you on it. Still, it doesn't change the fact that Shyguy can't be a character because he isn't a real character. He's just another dime-a-dozen generic enemy. He's no more of a unique character than Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Octorok, Cucco, or New Age Retro Hippy.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw this thread I was like, "Are they serious?! Shy Guy?"
So here I am, replying to this silly post.

First of all, isn't Shy Guy just a minion (or an obstacle)? His first appearance was in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Doki Doki Panic)

Shy Guy isn't that famous compared to Link, Mario, or even Pikachu.

But, seriously, why do you like it? What makes it more good than the rest of the Mario characters? What is so captivating about it?

Above all, the poor little Shy Guy is not a true character.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
He is too minor of a character and should not be included. He was in melee he carried food on yoshi's stage, which should be his only role.
Too minor of a character? A character which has appeared in almost EVERY Mario game since Marior Bros. 2? HA

Shy guy would kick butt, and as of right now Nintendo has announced about 40 playable characters. Shy guy should be a shoe-in.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Too minor of a character? A character which has appeared in almost EVERY Mario game since Marior Bros. 2? HA
No, all the shy guys that you killed in Super Mario Bros. 2 never came back. Those were new shy guys in the other games, and in those other games, you killed more of them. Shy guys aren't characters, they're a species.

Shy guy would kick butt, and as of right now Nintendo has announced about 40 playable characters. Shy guy should be a shoe-in.
Shy guys can't kick butt, that's why Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi kill them with a jump on the head. Shy guy isn't a shoo-in because he's generic, was never requested, and there are plenty of non-generic Mario characters people would want in more.

Cap. Falcon

Smash Rookie
Shy Guy would be so cool! Everyone should grab his mask.Then, if he gets grabbed, he could escape by pulling off his mask! Yay, we can see his real face!

Maverick69

Smash Ace
hooray. thanks for the compliment on my moveset ^_^

I will agree that shyguy is kinda generic. But I dunno. I've always liked him. Even when he was a basic enemy in yoshi games. I always like the little mysterious dude running around in a mask.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
LOL, that's the single greatest drawing I've ever seen. Thats museum quality, no joke Xian, perfect. I almost didn't notice it was drawn, I thought it was a bunch of 16 bit sprites at first. Honestly though, I like the moves.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'm not letting this thread die again! I havn't found the cord yet but it's an ok picture but my Bv is a little screwey and the kirby looks a little weird.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ok I have also lost the cord to my digital camera so I will have to borrow my mums camera which may be hard because her and dad just had a fight but I will get it soon!

Top Bottom