• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shyguy for Brawl!

mario91

Smash Cadet
at first i thought wat the heck is this guy thinkin. after seein the moveset i would like to see shyguy in brawl

p.s. that is a nice collage of shy guy

Maverick69

Smash Ace
lol alright Xianfeng whenever you can.

And nice Shyguy collage btw.

PS to everyone - Plan9 did a drawing for the thread, I put it on the first page.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you stop being a ".****. Van .****. person"

No one's that famous. You just named Nintendo's most famous chars. That's just like trying to say Dwayne Wade isn't that good compared to Michael Jordan. So why don't you just read Dante's great moveset instead of being a d**k.
Uh, something is terribly wrong with you. Compared to other "VIDEO GAME" characters out there, you want a little red guy with a mask who is in more Mario games than anyone and see Shy Guy in the Smash Series. I did a poll at my school and almost all of them did not want a crummy Shy Guy * no offense* in the game, now that there are MORE WORTHY CHARACTERS coming to the series.

I suppose 'SupaSmashBrotha' likes Shy Guy more than Zero-Suit Samus & Solid Snake put together.

I read it and its very good and creative, but Shy Guy is not Smash material. If they made a Super Smash Brothers game featuring ONLY Mario Characters, he would be on there for sure.
I think I'll unsubscribe from this thread.

P.S.
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A D**K ! ! !. YOU'RE THE ONE WHOSE ACTING LIKE A d**k.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Uh, something is terribly wrong with you. Compared to other "VIDEO GAME" characters out there, you want a little red guy with a mask who is in more Mario games than anyone and see Shy Guy in the Smash Series. I did a poll at my school and almost all of them did not want a crummy Shy Guy * no offense* in the game, now that there are MORE WORTHY CHARACTERS coming to the series.

I suppose 'SupaSmashBrotha' likes Shy Guy more than Zero-Suit Samus & Solid Snake put together.

I read it and its very good and creative, but Shy Guy is not Smash material. If they made a Super Smash Brothers game featuring ONLY Mario Characters, he would be on there for sure.
I think I'll unsubscribe from this thread.

P.S.
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A D**K ! ! !. YOU'RE THE ONE WHOSE ACTING LIKE A d**k.
Leave this thread now. You are a tool and a douchebag. So you think that Jigglypuff is more smash material than Shyguy? He is perfect for this game, just because you have no imaginaiton doesn't mean you need to shoot everyone else's ideas down.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Leave this thread now. You are a tool and a douchebag. So you think that Jigglypuff is more smash material than Shyguy? He is perfect for this game, just because you have no imaginaiton doesn't mean you need to shoot everyone else's ideas down.

Jigglypuff deserved to be in because he's the second most popular pokemon in Japan and doesn't get killed when someone jumps on its head.

Sadly, shy guys don't have those going for them.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff deserved to be in because he's the second most popular pokemon in Japan and doesn't get killed when someone jumps on its head.

Sadly, shy guys don't have those going for them.
Right well getting into specifics, bowser should fall if you jump over him and manage to get to the switch behind him, he should be throw by spinnig his tail, jiggly and pika should be in pokeballs, mario and luigi should need a fire flower before using their B attacks, at some point, you'd think the pokemon would evolve, and Dr. Mario should be fighting bacteria, but once again, a little imagination can get you a long way.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Right well getting into specifics, bowser should fall if you jump over him and manage to get to the switch behind him, he should be throw by spinnig his tail, jiggly and pika should be in pokeballs, mario and luigi should need a fire flower before using their B attacks, at some point, you'd think the pokemon would evolve, and Dr. Mario should be fighting bacteria, but once again, a little imagination can get you a long way.
1. Bowser falls because you hit a switch which a breaks the bridge he is on and makes him fall into lava.
2. Mario does have the spinning throw incoperated with his grab.
3. Jigglypuff and Pikachu can be found in the wild and the wild ones aren't in pokeballs.
4. Mario gets the Firebrand in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in which he doesn't need a fire flower to pelt fireballs.
5. Luigi's fireballs were taken from Mario Bros. in which green fireballs moved horizontally.
6. Pikachu needs a Thunder Stone to evolve, which isn't found on the game. Jigglypuff needs a Moon Stone to evolve, which isn't found in the game. Pichu evolves by happiness, so I guess the little guy isn't very happy. Mewtwo doesn't evolve at all.
7. Dr. Mario is Mario in a doctor's outfit.

Your argument went right down the toilet, my friend.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
You just ruined your own point big guy, all of these game/situation specific details take place in their own specific games, NOT in SSBM. For the same reason that Dr. Mario is in a full 3-D setting, and bowser isn't forced to fight on a treacherous bridge over a pit of lava, shyguy wouldn't die from being jumped on. Same as mario can get hit more than once, and Peach isn't being kidnapped. YOU just sent your own argument down the toilet...friend.

Btw, superstar saga came out two years after Melee, so get your references straight before you start claiming holes in my ideas.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
You just ruined your own point big guy, all of these game/situation specific details take place in their own specific games, NOT in SSBM. For the same reason that Dr. Mario is in a full 3-D setting, and bowser isn't forced to fight on a treacherous bridge over a pit of lava, shyguy wouldn't die from being jumped on. Same as mario can get hit more than once, and Peach isn't being kidnapped. YOU just sent your own argument down the toilet...friend.
What? I was saying they do follow the rules from their own games. Dr. Mario is Mario, like I said, and mario was shown in 3D before. Bowser doesn't always fight over a bridge, he faught over some easily broken bricks in Super Mario Bros. 3. Mario gets hit more than once in his RPGs, and Peach acts like a hero in Super Mario Bros. 2.

However, in every game (not counting the sport games and paty games), shy guy is killed by throwing something at it (only in SMB2 since it was Doki Doki Panic) or being jumped on.

EDIT: As for Superstar Saga, you are right, but didn't get get a fire move in Mario RPG without a fire flower as well?

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
What? I was saying they do follow the rules from their own games. Dr. Mario is Mario, like I said, and mario was shown in 3D before. Bowser doesn't always fight over a bridge, he faught over some easily broken bricks in Super Mario Bros. 3. Mario gets hit more than once in his RPGs, and Peach acts like a hero in Super Mario Bros. 2.

However, in every game (not counting the sport games and paty games), shy guy is killed by throwing something at it (only in SMB2 since it was Doki Doki Panic) or being jumped on.

EDIT: As for Superstar Saga, you are right, but didn't get get a fire move in Mario RPG without a fire flower as well?
We are getting way too specific here, and I feel like us arguing is pointless, but that;s the point I'm trying to make, each character brings a little bit from their game, which makes SSB such a unique series. If we followed too strictly by the rules, then soem of the characters would never make it, eg. C. Falcon and Fox. They were removed from their vehicles, and put in this game, all it takes is a little backstory and some imagination. As long as there is somewhere for a moveset to be derived from, then the character (whether you want it to or not) can work.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
We are getting way too specific here, and I feel like us arguing is pointless, but that;s the point I'm trying to make, each character brings a little bit from their game, which makes SSB such a unique series. If we followed too strictly by the rules, then soem of the characters would never make it, eg. C. Falcon and Fox. They were removed from their vehicles, and put in this game, all it takes is a little backstory and some imagination. As long as there is somewhere for a moveset to be derived from, then the character (whether you want it to or not) can work.
k, I'm done arguing. I think it's pointless too and I don't want to bother continuing.

My reasons for not wanting shy guy in is because he's just not significant in the Mario universe, and isn't technically a character. I know the little guy won't get in, as he stands no chance in getting in before Toad or Geno (or a Koopa Troopa).

And with that, I will leave this thread so you can continue to hope for him to get in.

bananapancakes

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see shyguy as more of an item.
I would never use him as an actual character.
He'd end up getting removed because no one using him.
I mean, a lot of people would use him. But I don't think enough to attract attention.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I'd like to see shyguy as more of an item.
I would never use him as an actual character.
He'd end up getting removed because no one using him.
I mean, a lot of people would use him. But I don't think enough to attract attention.
I would use him and a lot of people here would use him, he would get more attention than Pichu and Doc.

Shyguy before Toad.
I love shy guy but no way, Shy guy is some what generic and Toad isn't.

You're all just jeleous because Shy Guy is adorable and your repulsive.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
I actually agree with Super on that, Toad has been my favorite Mario character for years, and I actually want him in before Shyguy, sorry guys, but I have my loyalties.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Psheh... Why don't you guys make a thread for Koopa Troopa and Goomba while you're at it... I don't want to sound like a flamer, but there's NO way a generic Mario Bros. enemy type is going to make it in the game.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
Having Shyguy in Brawl feels much to unbalanced. Having something of godly proportions and dimensions can only be placed into Brawl unless Biokinton or Blablanadon is also included. But I ask myself first off about Shyguy and all I ever get in return is "Which one?" Undoubtly there are many and perhaps shyguy is legion. Out of all those shyguys to choose why not the whole army? If one can choose one troopa, counldn't he off set the balance in nature and because of this the world will be one less troopakoopa. In this case the world will be one less Shyguy and that would indeedly suck. Besides if one shy guy can take on a legion of yoshi/Mario in Brawl. Then how come they need a whole army?

This post is made up of waffles and random.

bbb

Smash Champion
I <3 waffles, not so much the random, but d00d he gets teh power of teh HAT!@!!!!!
PH33R TEH HAT!

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
ZOMG SHYGUY PWNZ JOOOOO!!!!!!! I know he won't make it, that's why he's a hopeful. I would love to see toad though....

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Shy Guy does have a chance to be in the game, unlike a Goomba. Shy Guy can have the abilities to fight ^.^. I guess he could float like Peach too, but probably a little longer.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Psheh... Why don't you guys make a thread for Koopa Troopa and Goomba while you're at it... I don't want to sound like a flamer, but there's NO way a generic Mario Bros. enemy type is going to make it in the game.
Deathborne, there IS a thread for Koopa, made a long time before this.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Personally I think shyguys are more popular than koopas.....And are just cooler in general. plus shyguys have more capability for moves what with all the different forms. Plus gourmet guy rules!

I mean come on, if they put shyguy in brawl with my moveset, would you mind playing as him?

Edit - I altered my moveset slightly. Here are the changes.

Shyguy's Up Tilt has been added, Realized I didnt have one.

Back tilt removed. Realized concept of back tilt makes no sense because if you tilt back... you're going forward in the other directions.

Shyguy's Dair is now the pogo stick. I realized I had not incorporated Pogo guy. It's still just a strike, you still bounce off, it's just now a Pogo stick.

Shyguy's B has been altered. There is now a very slight chance that instead of a black ball shyguy will randomly fire a small bullet bill out of his mouth, doing more damage and exploding on impact.

Shyguy's Smash B has been changed. I didnt really like the fireball because it reminded me too much of PK fire. So it is now a running tackle (meaning he rams into them.) If the person he connects with is holding an item (this includes turnips) then shyguy steals it from them. This is a reference to the bandit shyguys in paper mario.

SHYGUY'S BRAWL MOVE. The first one where he transforms into Gourmet Guy. I have decided that perhaps instead of a character, Gourmet guy should eat the famous cake, do his famous reaction, and spaz out. He would still run around knocking everyone over and doing damge, just now that one unlucky soul doesnt get partially digested.

Please give me feedback on the changes. If for whatever reason you think a move was better before, or if you have any suggestions for any new ideas, please feel free to tell me. I am open to suggestions.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
The difference between shyguy, goomba, and koopa Troopa is that shyguy has more versatility, b/c there are so many of them. Thus giving him more moves to choose from.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Shyguy r0xorz yadayada, DUDE my gf just got me a 360... sorry guys, I was just so exuberant that I had to tell you. Btw, Shyguy is a more dynamid character, with more possibilities and more of a fanbase. Goombas can shuffle.... koopas can walk.. and fly...and uhh...OH they can fly in a zigzag, but other than the Paper Mario series, there really isn't a logical moveset for them.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Shy Guy has so many cool forms. Pyro Guy, Stealth Guy, Medi Guy, Anti Guy, Spear Guy, General Guy, and one of the coolest of all was Zeus Guy. And that is only scratching the surface of how many forms he can take.

Top Bottom