• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Is this change also going to be reflected in the Smash 3 textures? I know they have less rim than before, but I had that happen with Mario a few minutes ago.
Smash 3 will likely maintain rim lighting regardless. It's primarily Taiko's project, but we are aware of the issue. I decided to switch myself because this is more of the "Official" Vibrant Brawl as opposed to just my own personal textures.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Smash 3 will likely maintain rim lighting regardless. It's primarily Taiko's project, but we are aware of the issue. I decided to switch myself because this is more of the "Official" Vibrant Brawl as opposed to just my own personal textures.

Okay, gotcha. It's no huge deal either way.

That is a foxy modified Fox.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Some Sonic, some Toon Link. Probably Squirtle and Link are up next. Squirtle probably won't change much.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Progress Report:
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario: Rather than adjust their Vibrant Designs, I'm just going to do another Brawl Challenge for these characters.
Marth: Planning some new designs for Red
Ike: Planning some new designs more based around vBrawls and my own Personal Ike(!)
Pokemon Trainer & Mr. Game & Watch: While PT isn't exactly relevant to P:M, I'm going to do him too. G&W's colors were a bit duller than I thought, so I'm going to do him now too.

Pending Personal textures: I'm almost done, so hang tight! I haven't forgotten you!

210stuna

Smash Lord
I feel as though you try not to show your personal preferences in this project as before you were free to do as you pleased rather than trying to stay in uniform. I'm not trying to say your previous works weren't organized and tidy, but you get what I mean when it comes to personal touches, right?

EDIT: I realized I'm in your H.O.P. thread, and not the Smash 3 thread! Ignore my pre-edit post.
Your new fox looks like it was inspired from the Star Fox on the DS (I can't remember the name at this time).

Swinney

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one with mixed up portraits and costumes? Ie I select Yellow lucario but fight starts and he is blue.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Am I the only one with mixed up portraits and costumes? Ie I select Yellow lucario but fight starts and he is blue.
I've had similar issues. I personally just fixed them manually by editing the common5.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I feel as though you try not to show your personal preferences in this project as before you were free to do as you pleased rather than trying to stay in uniform. I'm not trying to say your previous works weren't organized and tidy, but you get what I mean when it comes to personal touches, right?

EDIT: I realized I'm in your H.O.P. thread, and not the Smash 3 thread! Ignore my pre-edit post.
Your new fox looks like it was inspired from the Star Fox on the DS (I can't remember the name at this time).
It is. I'd be done now, but I'm running into a few glitch's with his expressions. Once they're all sorted, I'll pack him up and release.

I've had similar issues. I personally just fixed them manually by editing the common5.
No, I had that issue too. It's been fixed now. One of Lucario's costume files was vBrawls for some reason. I have no idea how these things happen to me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm assuming that you'll eventually be doing a Vibrant Mewtwo along with Roy sometime in the future as well, Shun?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The PMBR is making characters in order to get more textures. That is my only explanation for these incredible announcements.
Maybe they are? Or maybe they just don't ever want me to be finished with anything :[

Sweet. Here's hoping that you release enough for both to use with cBliss. I know that sounds kinda greedy, but hey, I like cBliss.
We'll see how many I make. Though, I think the Alternate Costume Engine may not play so nice with cBliss.

I like how your OP is better than the one on KC-MM ha-ha!
The woes of different website coding!

Also guys, I'm making some updates to "The Grid", but some of my ideas are kind of like "whoa dude, what are you eating?" Would you guys want to use this "Random Icon" or prefer the "?"? It's meant to emulate the "scroll quickly between everyone" thing, but I can't really do that so...

[collapse=Been workin']
[/collapse]

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Maybe they are? Or maybe they just don't ever want me to be finished with anything :[

Also guys, I'm making some updates to "The Grid", but some of my ideas are kind of like "whoa dude, what are you eating?" Would you guys want to use this "Random Icon" or prefer the "?"? It's meant to emulate the "scroll quickly between everyone" thing, but I can't really do that so...

[collapse=Been workin']
[/collapse]
I don't blame them. lol

Cool idea, but I think the old "?" is best if the scrolling thing doesn't work out. I recommend you keep eating whatever it is that makes you come up with this stuff, though.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That's a slick random slot color. And the lettering on the grid looks sleeker. Just what I like. >:3

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'd definitely give the new random icon a shot. I don't know, I guess I just feel ornery towards "?" marks today. Anyway, that grid is looking incredibly sleek! Do want!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

[collapse=Been workin']
[/collapse]

Have you tried experimenting with the Ditto CSS pic?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I don't blame them. lol

Cool idea, but I think the old "?" is best if the scrolling thing doesn't work out. I recommend you keep eating whatever it is that makes you come up with this stuff, though.
I may have eaten too much of it.

I'd definitely give the new random icon a shot. I don't know, I guess I just feel ornery towards "?" marks today. Anyway, that grid is looking incredibly sleek! Do want!
I am glad you noticed. Taiko assisted me in choosing a good font for it.

I feel the same, but finding a good replacement is proving harder than I thought.

Have you tried experimenting with the Ditto CSS pic?
First thing I tried. Didn't like it at all.

Minor updates to Ike and (Warioware) Wario are now in the OP. They are not featured in The Pack just yet though.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
NOTICE:
I'll be gone out of town for the next few days, so expect zero updates from me during that time. If I can find the time to log in and see some questions asked, I'll try to answer them. Other than that, I'm out for a bit. Smash 3 will progress just fine without me though, so don't worry about that.

I'll change the OP title when I return.

Also, 31,000 views? You guys must really like this stuff.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
NOTICE:
I'll be gone out of town for the next few days, so expect zero updates from me during that time. If I can find the time to log in and see some questions asked, I'll try to answer them. Other than that, I'm out for a bit. Smash 3 will progress just fine without me though, so don't worry about that.

I'll change the OP title when I return.

Also, 31,000 views? You guys must really like this stuff.
Aside from Smash 3, we don't really know what you have up your sleeve anyway, so waiting a little longer is no big deal. Can't wait to see S3's newest batch of characters, though.

But, of course!

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Take your time, everyone needs some kind of break every once in a while (or if youre going to work, then good luck)

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I just got around to trying these out and they look spectacular! I'm very impressed.

I have noticed that a few of the textures don't match up with their heads up display icons (Toon Link's dark costume is one).

You wouldn't mind if I used these in YouTube videos or anything would you?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I just got around to trying these out and they look spectacular! I'm very impressed.

I have noticed that a few of the textures don't match up with their heads up display icons (Toon Link's dark costume is one).

You wouldn't mind if I used these in YouTube videos or anything would you?
The portraits that do not match are because they are not yet completed. They will be updated when they are.

Use them wherever you like. I don't really mind seeing my stuff used in videos of any kind.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Nice to see that you can find time to answer questions for us Shun. :) Whatever you're doing, I hope you're having a good break, and take all the time you need, your textures seem to sate for a smasher's eternity. XD

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
The portraits that do not match are because they are not yet completed. They will be updated when they are.

Use them wherever you like. I don't really mind seeing my stuff used in videos of any kind.

Awesome! I will patiently await the day you finish.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm back in town. I bring a sfx mod with me this time, using Bowser's Inside Story voice clips to make a more "MARIO!" and less "GRRR" Bowser. Also, Snake and Falco have been added to the OP as well. More folks should be appearing in the OP sooner, rather than later as well.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just givin you a heads up, idk if its just me or if i did something wrong, but i downloaded and installed that Vibrant pack and a bunch of CSP's don't match character textures. Purple CSP Ganon gives me brown ganon, or Red/Black CSP Luigi gives me Pink/Red luigi

OH WAIT

i know exactly what i did wrong, disregard pls

ok i lied again, its not loading some character textures, though the CSP's are still there :\ Im using riivolution

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
just givin you a heads up, idk if its just me or if i did something wrong, but i downloaded and installed that Vibrant pack and a bunch of CSP's don't match character textures. Purple CSP Ganon gives me brown ganon, or Red/Black CSP Luigi gives me Pink/Red luigi

OH WAIT

i know exactly what i did wrong, disregard pls

ok i lied again, its not loading some character textures, though the CSP's are still there :\ Im using riivolution
Got no idea. First idea is something in your xml is not setup properly.

Is your Showtime Bowser compatible with the Bowser Melee SFX that Amazerommu did?
No it is not. You'll have to choose one or the other at the moment.

Omg yes, bowsers BIS sound efx is enough to motivate me to get good with him lol
So glad I am not the only one that this happens to.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'm back in town. I bring a sfx mod with me this time, using Bowser's Inside Story voice clips to make a more "MARIO!" and less "GRRR" Bowser. Also, Snake and Falco have been added to the OP as well. More folks should be appearing in the OP sooner, rather than later as well.
This sounds awesome. It would be great to get a video preview, too, since I've never played that game.
No it is not. You'll have to choose one or the other at the moment.
I will mention this to him. Who knows? Maybe he'll want to mix the two!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yeah i remembered the XML thing so i followed Midnites Guide to Riivo, and ended up placing the textures in Root->Brawlmods->Textures/etcetcetcetcecte folders, then that didnt work, and tried doing placing them both in the textures and the project m folders, and they didnt work still

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
yeah i remembered the XML thing so i followed Midnites Guide to Riivo, and ended up placing the textures in Root->Brawlmods->Textures/etcetcetcetcecte folders, then that didnt work, and tried doing placing them both in the textures and the project m folders, and they didnt work still
Sorry friend, I've no idea how to help you. I can't use Riivolution to test it either (busted disc drive)

I've been slowly updating the OP. Ness and Lucas have been updated (if you still seek Black Lucas, you can find him in my Vault) with a few of the thigns I felt needed. Still made a new blue alt for Ness though. And why are the Ice Climbers there?!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
The King....has returned.
Welcome back Shun, this new pack is serving me and my friends well. :)
I'll be updating this as soon as I'm done with some work I must attend to at the moment.
(I'm still keeping Black Lucas though. Despite the simple pallet, it is still my favorite Lucas texture. None shall keep me from my title as "Master of the Dark Alts.)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ooo, Shun's back.
I decided this evening that I was going to update my SD card, and I just picked a great time to come on. XD

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The King....has returned.
Welcome back Shun, this new pack is serving me and my friends well. :)
I'll be updating this as soon as I'm done with some work I must attend to at the moment.
(I'm still keeping Black Lucas though. Despite the simple pallet, it is still my favorite Lucas texture. None shall keep me from my title as "Master of the Dark Alts.)
Return of the King? I'll take it.

Ooo, Shun's back.
I decided this evening that I was going to update my SD card, and I just picked a great time to come on. XD
I picked a good time too. I returned at the same time as I decided to start moving stuff.

Lucario has been revamped. Meta Knight too. And Dedede. And Kirby? Yes, Kirby.

Stealth Edit! Ninja princess!

Taiko

Smash Ace
Your recent textures really show the experience you've gained over the years, Shun. Really liking the "official" VBrawl so far!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks Taiko. I'm glad that all this EXP is being used for something at long last

G&W and Marth are up now.

Top Bottom