• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Digs to Moblin/Blerb for the render.

A preview of some of the work being done for Lodestar Marth's next update. This only uses some of the new textures, and there's several rough spots. Why am I sharing this? Because I wanted to share something new out of one of the things that's been cooking for a while.

And yeah, the new cards will look something like that.

Oh. My. Goodness. This is awesome. (Yay for generic comments!) I was hoping the cards would look like this, but it exceeded my expectations. My only problem is when to put in this texture. XD

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Woah... I hope you guys are using this for Smash 3 Marth, too, because it's just to cool to pass up...
Hm...might consider it. But not this model. We'd use the final one.
YES....YES.........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Well....that comment was quite generic. Anyway, good to see that the pancakes our still cooking and oozing with as much delicious blueberry syrup as I could hope to ask for. And Lodestar Marth is looking great! Any tips on how I can make it extra consistent with the other vibrancies?
Well, you could pop it into photoshop (which has a free version now, Photoshop CS2) and just adjust the saturation on the textures by about 20 points. Or, you could wait for the finished product of which, will have model updates and more texture changes.

Texture Lunatic + seems ever so fitting a title now more than ever.

Brilliant work, to you and whomever else is part of that fantastic model.
You gave me that title! It just fits really well for some reason. Thanks, from me, Vert, and Ramon. Those two are awesome at what they do.
Oh. My. Goodness. This is awesome. (Yay for generic comments!) I was hoping the cards would look like this, but it exceeded my expectations. My only problem is when to put in this texture. XD
Well, glad you like the new cards. I like 'em too. This Marth has been my "measure of skill", so to speak, so for this latest version, I'm pulling out every thing I've learned. The final product will look even better, I assure you.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hm...might consider it. But not this model. We'd use the final one.

Well, glad you like the new cards. I like 'em too. This Marth has been my "measure of skill", so to speak, so for this latest version, I'm pulling out every thing I've learned. The final product will look even better, I assure you.
Right, of course.

Yeah, you've just been getting better and better... it really shows here. Can't wait to see what else you, Taiko and the team think up for it and everything else you guys are working on.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
I know this most likely is not the right place to ask this put does anyone have some link battle portraits that are based off of melee link's costumes because I have been wanting those for awhile. Also shun do you think you will be making recolors for your lodestar marth skin/texture?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Yeah, you've just been getting better and better... it really shows here. Can't wait to see what else you, Taiko and the team think up for it and everything else you guys are working on.
Thanks. Hopefully, we can deliver something worth using when it's all said and done.

I know this most likely is not the right place to ask this put does anyone have some link battle portraits that are based off of melee link's costumes because I have been wanting those for awhile. Also shun do you think you will be making recolors for your lodestar marth skin/texture?
Wrong place to ask for BPs, though I am known to randomly do such requests at random intervals. Randomly. I'd have to have a link to what exact file was in use though.

As for Lodestar recolors, when the final one is finished, yes I'll do recolors.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Thanks. Hopefully, we can deliver something worth using when it's all said and done.

Wrong place to ask for BPs, though I am known to randomly do such requests at random intervals. Randomly. I'd have to have a link to what exact file was in use though.

As for Lodestar recolors, when the final one is finished, yes I'll do recolors.
Ok I will look forward to those lodestar recolors.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Hey shun, is there any chance you could release your mega pack without RIM lighting? on a lot of custom stages there are severe lighting/graphical issues.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey shun, is there any chance you could release your mega pack without RIM lighting? on a lot of custom stages there are severe lighting/graphical issues.
I was going to do that anyway after re-thinking the project itself, seeing how it mutated into something else.

Right click, hit Download

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
#1. It's honestly not my problem if my hacks cause issues with other custom stages.

#2. I was going to do that anyway after re-thinking the project itself, seeing how it mutated into something else.

Right click, hit Download
I wasn't implying it was your fault or anything. It just seems like you like to have everything dialed-in in a certain way (Judging by how clean, neat, and organized your OP and textures are anyway). I figured if your textures weren't looking their best because of a problem you may not have been aware of, that you would wanna know.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I wasn't implying it was your fault or anything. It just seems like you like to have everything dialed-in in a certain way (Judging by how clean, neat, and organized your OP and textures are anyway). I figured if your textures weren't looking their best because of a problem you may not have been aware of, that you would wanna know.
Didn't think you were implying it was my problem at all, just mentioning it. As you can see, I already ninja'd it out because I figured it wasn't necessary to mention having re-read your post. Thanks for the heads-up, it is much appreciated.

Planning to Vibrify some standard vBrawl stuff while I'm cleaning house.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Is that last picture up there ^^ for show Shun, or has the pack actually been upgraded?

EDIT: I was also referring to the missing BP's and result screen CSP's not matching with the vibrant ones you have on the CSS, but okay.

EDIT II: Shun do you need a break and some extra rest tonight?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Is that last picture up there ^^ for show Shun, or has the pack actually been upgraded?
It's already been updated with non-Rim everybody. You can actually click it to go to the DropBox folder, where you only need to click the folder and select Download.

EDIT: Murio finally caught a post pre-edit. I'm slipping.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
i clicked the link picture and it said the folder doesn't exist. I was assuming were you still uploading or something

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
i clicked the link picture and it said the folder doesn't exist. I was assuming were you still uploading or something
Yup, Link's not working for me either
Yep. Just moved it around a bit. Should be fine now

EDIT: I was also referring to the missing BP's and result screen CSP's not matching with the vibrant ones you have on the CSS, but okay.

EDIT II: Shun do you need a break and some extra rest tonight?
Missing BPs and stuff aren't there yet, no. Just letting SJS take his time getting 'em together.

And I'm sleep deprived today. Had a lot of gigs to play this week-end and ended up staying up too late and waking up too early. I'll be fine though, thanks for asking.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Dropbox is telling me /Public/Smash Vibrancy does not exist.

I'm guessing you're copying the URL on your browser and not the URL that's given to you when you press the "Share Link" button?
I thinkt he link might still bebad
Thanks you guys. DropBox wasn't letting me share the folder how I wanted to, so I've adjusted it properly.

this link, and the OP card should work properly now.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just so I can have some clarification, this link is for the non rim lighting version, correct?
Yes. Only non-rim lit versions will be included from here on due to the nature of the project having changed.
Hope you can get some sleep; that doesn't sound like much fun.
I will be sleeping late tomorrow morning, so I will be able to get some, thanks!

Finally working now! Thanks and get some sleep dude
Embracing the ways of the ninja? You are learning, grasshopper. I will sleep well knowing you have mastered this technique.

Go to bed now, the final sleep.
Not the final one! I want to wake up! But I'll have a good nights rest. Hopefully, the first of the Vibrant revamps(!) will be out tomorrow.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So what exactly is rim lighting, how is a texture with it dif. from one without?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So what exactly is rim lighting, how is a texture with it dif. from one without?
You know how in Mario Galaxy Mario seems like he's "glowing" around his edges? That's rim lighting. For Brawl mods, we're able to ton down the effect, or use it to it's maximum. It does causes graphical glitch's on certain stages however. Smash 3 uses a toned down version of the effect that's very subtle, but highly effective.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Yo baby boy, what's up with the Grid HUD in the Vibrancy pack? Is that my HUD idea or something else? If so, how can I git dat?

EDIT: Wait, this is the CSS grid isn't it? Fungah, foiled again.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
That FE13 Marth is the best thing I've ever seen.

It completely refueled my urge to make that costume as my next cosplay >.> (I really didn't like it before, aside from the actual FE13 DLC Marth Official art)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That FE13 Marth is the best thing I've ever seen.

It completely refueled my urge to make that costume as my next cosplay >.> (I really didn't like it before, aside from the actual FE13 DLC Marth Official art)
Glad you like it! Be sure to check back for the finished version later on down the road!

To the rest of you, first update is now included in the Pack.

As for the Vibrant Pack, a lot of characters are going to receive some over-hauls. Why? Simple really. It started out as me sharing my own hacks, but it changed into a sort of "make Brawl colorful" project, which I personally feel I have failed at. Why? Because there's a ton of original designs everywhere, that's why! Don't fret though, the originals aren't going to be phased out of existence. I'm just going to clean everything up and do proper justice to what Brawl already has to offer.

Those who've been with me for a while may be surprised that Dr. Mario is no longer included with Mario. There's a good reason for that. Expect him to return around the next release of Project M, along with a Vibrant Version of his new model.

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Glad you like it! Be sure to check back for the finished version later on down the road!

As for the Vibrant Pack, a lot of characters are going to receive some over-hauls. Why? Simple really. It started out as me sharing my own hacks, but it changed into a sort of "make Brawl colorful" project, which I personally feel I have failed at. Why? Because there's a ton of original designs everywhere, that's why! Don't fret though, the originals aren't going to be phased out of existence. I'm just going to clean everything up and do proper justice to what Brawl already has to offer.

Those who've been with me for a while may be surprised that Dr. Mario is no longer included with Mario. There's a good reason for that. Expect him to return around the next release of Project M, along with a Vibrant Version of his new model.
I might need multiple SD cards to switch out between all these texture revamp projects.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

This is excite!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
OOOOOH THE GRIDDLE IS HOT!!!!!! THE PANCAKES ARE STRONG IN THIS THREAD!!!!
Nice to hear that the vibrant pack is still going to be getting some love when needed. I'm probably going to go through and clear up my texture changing and the fact that I have alt related files everywhere, and just settle on THE PACK to ease my poor organization woes.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Oldmanondorf is the best thing ever. (Graydorf) Every time I see him I feel really impressed all over again.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I might need multiple SD cards to switch out between all these texture revamp projects.
You know my motto! Just use what you like! Mix and match! Where a white sock with a black sock! Okay...maybe don't do that. Unless you're a rock star. Then do that.

This is excite!
Excite. TRUUUUUCKSSSSS!

OOOOOH THE GRIDDLE IS HOT!!!!!! THE PANCAKES ARE STRONG IN THIS THREAD!!!!
Nice to hear that the vibrant pack is still going to be getting some love when needed. I'm probably going to go through and clear up my texture changing and the fact that I have alt related files everywhere, and just settle on THE PACK to ease my poor organization woes.
Hahaha. Well, I suppose you'll still have to do some mild customizing with the new way the Pack will be organized, but that's okay! Personlization is good for the soul!

Oldmanondorf is the best thing ever. (Graydorf) Every time I see him I feel really impressed all over again.
There's very little I'm going to have to edit for the Ganondorf's when I get back to them, so they'll likely be redone fairly soon.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to combine this with cBliss? I frankly don't know how to implement or work with it D:

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
When doing characters like Ivysaur,, Lucario, Charizard, Sonic etc., will you be making the original brawl colors vibrant or just the Project M colors?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Are the new Capt Falcon's set up for non-rim or are they rimmed by standard?
All characters no longer feature Rim Lighting due to the glitch involving Delfino Plaza (and several SSE stages).

When doing characters like Ivysaur,, Lucario, Charizard, Sonic etc., will you be making the original brawl colors vibrant or just the Project M colors?
I honestly haven't decided just yet. More colorful variations of Brawl colors is more likely at the moment considering I like to account for straight-up Brawl players as well.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
All characters no longer feature Rim Lighting due to the glitch involving Delfino Plaza (and several SSE stages).
Is this change also going to be reflected in the Smash 3 textures? I know they have less rim than before, but I had that happen with Mario a few minutes ago.

Top Bottom