• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, Taiko, Shun, do you two have model edits in mind for HOP PROJECT 2.0, or is this going to be just a texture thing? Either way, I'm loving that preview. The last rim lights were a little overwhelming for my personal taste, but this is most certainly looking like a happy median. :)
Probably.

Make sure you check the box that asks you if you want to "Stay signed in"
What? I am not staying signed in forever! Curse you buggy Smashboards! CURSE YOU! I know I could just sign out

Go to the drop down menu under your username and click preferences. Uncheck use rich text editor. Go back to main post delete the collapse codes and retype it in yourself. I think it should work after that.
Thank you. I'm not sure if it works yet, but I'll get around to testing that later. THANK YOU.

Right now, a more pressing question:
So, we're nearing a point where we can release something, but I had a sudden thought about it. Would you guys rather:
A. we release textures as we finish them, ala Vibrant Brawl. There will be a pack maintained as we go too
B. wait until everyone is finished then release a big pack of everything altogether, but we'll show you previews along the way

210stuna

Smash Lord
Nice pic Shun_the_one.

As for your previous question, I would go with "A"
I like to update "The Pack" as you all release them on my own. People who wait for a one simple download at the click of a button probably don't know how to incorporate your goods into their build, and we shouldn't have to suffer from it.

Over all I think you and your team should just keep on doing what you all are doing at whatever pace, and I don't think anybody would complain.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Nice pic Shun_the_one.

As for your previous question, I would go with "A"
I like to update "The Pack" as you all release them on my own. People who wait for a one simple download at the click of a button probably don't know how to incorporate your goods into their build, and we shouldn't have to suffer from it.

Over all I think you and your team should just keep on doing what you all are doing at whatever pace, and I don't think anybody would complain.
Yeah, pretty much what he said.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yep, I think A was the best decision. This looks great! From scratch textures are like homemade cookies of the custom content threads!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
B. wait until everyone is finished then release a big pack of everything altogether, but we'll show you previews along the way
I want me a super easy to-go no hassle 2.6b pack. Also you guys pretty certain all of your textures work for Wifi? Ya'll never did anything weird with'em right?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I want me a super easy to-go no hassle 2.6b pack. Also you guys pretty certain all of your textures work for Wifi? Ya'll never did anything weird with'em right?
Don't worry, we're keeping Wifi in mind. We wouldn't release a texture that'll desync anything.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So you guys know what you're actually waiting on:

Character textures done from scratch.
You may think you know... but you have no idea how delicious this looks!

Also this is definitely some rim lighting that I would actually use heheh

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

Yeah, Sonic's looking pretty sweet. I see you guys are trying to stick relatively close to the original blue this time. I'm guessing it's because of the GFX being blue across all skins, right?
I wonder why Sonic would need a blue costume...

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
specific question: could you make the normal pink metaknight for the vibrant pack, as an alt. option? I play that pink MK, every other metaknight seems too... normal by comparison

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
specific question: could you make the normal pink metaknight for the vibrant pack, as an alt. option? I play that pink MK, every other metaknight seems too... normal by comparison
Maybe someday. Taking a break from all things "Vibrant"

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Maybe someday. Taking a break from all things "Vibrant"
I could make a really bad Vibrant pun, but I'll pass. Anyways, the new project looks slick.

Also, if you are still looking into the whole release all at once or when they are done thing, I'd go with B.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I could make a really bad Vibrant pun, but I'll pass. Anyways, the new project looks slick.

Also, if you are still looking into the whole release all at once or when they are done thing, I'd go with B.
Thanks for the feed-back. We've gotten it sorted now.

What we're going to do, is pretty much like the Vibrant Pack. We'll release characters as they're finished, but at the same time, we'll be maintaining a pack that is easy to insert onto your SD with everything pre-installed.

Stocks, BPs, CSPs, Result Screen portraits...It should all be there and in place for easy use.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Are you guys making stuff for Roy too and other characters that'll be released later on (ex. Kirby and Olimar)?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Shun's already made it clear that the boy's on the cards. ;)
Obviously, we just need to wait for access to be granted to the Project M Roy model assets before anything can happen though. :/
And to answer the Kirby/Olimar thing, Shun has already given them a vibrant set, the Brawl guys get teh color too.
Edit: They don't have placards in this thread, but they shouldn't be tough to find on the vault.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Out of curiosity, is there a non-rim lit version of Vibrant Wario?
I just made one, but it is un-tested. You can find the link here.

Are you guys making stuff for Roy too and other characters that'll be released later on (ex. Kirby and Olimar)?
As was pointed out, Roy was always on the cards. When he's released to the public and I have his new model, I'll make a Vibrant version and one for our new project. This will be true for any additional (if any show up) P:M characters

And yes, the entire Brawl roster is complete. If you download the pack, you'll find them all there. I just haven't made cards for the other folks because I've been working on other stuff and considering retiring the cards anyway.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh wow, textures made from scratch :D awesome job shun and taiko ( and whoever I didnt mention or is working behind the scenes )

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So folks know, this place isn't finished quite yet. I've still got more pancakes on the stove. They're just not quite ready for day-light. Who will they entail?

:ike::marth::fox::zelda::link2::bowser2:

Things of a non-vibrant variety, but still quite elegant, I'd say.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

Digs to Moblin/Blerb for the render.

A preview of some of the work being done for Lodestar Marth's next update. This only uses some of the new textures, and there's several rough spots. Why am I sharing this? Because I wanted to share something new out of one of the things that's been cooking for a while.

And yeah, the new cards will look something like that.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord

A preview of some of the work being done for Lodestar Marth's next update. This only uses some of the new textures, and there's several rough spots. Why am I sharing this? Because I wanted to share something new out of one of the things that's been cooking for a while.

And yeah, the new cards will look something like that.
Woah... I hope you guys are using this for Smash 3 Marth, too, because it's just to cool to pass up...

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
YES....YES.........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Well....that comment was quite generic. Anyway, good to see that the pancakes our still cooking and oozing with as much delicious blueberry syrup as I could hope to ask for. And Lodestar Marth is looking great! Any tips on how I can make it extra consistent with the other vibrancies?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Texture Lunatic + seems ever so fitting a title now more than ever.

Brilliant work, to you and whomever else is part of that fantastic model.

Top Bottom