• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Skell no doubt about it. Unless it is AI vs. AI, then I don't know, the AI sucks at piloting these things.

Too many arts, plus the skells are really powerful. I think the rule of can't be hurt by anything other than the Monado (or special weapons) would be unfair, so that wouldn't hinder a skell from damage.

Some skells have some very potent weapons which can deal hefty damage, plus they have the benefit of having multiple elemental moves, but that is probably because X introduced them.

And if the Skell reaches overdrive, game over for the Face.
I wouldn't be too sure. Thinking of some Faces, that managed to be -really- tough, like the golden one.
It's hard to measure, to be fair.

I mean... the enemy skells were shot with a few bullets, and were killed, in some story missions.

Last edited:

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
I wouldn't be too sure. Thinking of some Faces, that managed to be -really- tough, like the golden one.

I mean... the enemy skells were shot with a few bullets, and were killed, in some story missions.
I think one question that arises from this discussion is, if the pilot's skills are the same, then wouldn't we have some to make some preface on what abilities the Face and Skell have?
Yaldaboath is an excellent example. I mean, he did almost gain control over an entire god titan thing after all. I don't know if a skell has that kind of power.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

I don't know. I just think that the power doesn't scale with Xenoblade X, and the original Xenoblade. And yea there were tough Faces as well, and there are a few tough skells. Enemies are always taken down super easily...

I think one question that arises from this discussion is, if the pilot's skills are the same, then wouldn't we have some to make some preface on what abilities the Face and Skell have?
Yaldaboath is an excellent example. I mean, he did almost gain control over an entire god titan thing after all. I don't know if a skell has that kind of power.
Well there are some pretty strong skells in the new game. Although yea, combat with them is not like how it occured with some of the stronger Faces in the original Xenoblade. In XCX, there is also a really post-game skell that you can make.Which is also canonically a super-powerful skell.

Wasn't that a control center or something? (related to your spoiler thing)

There is probably an enemy skell that can be uber powerful. And it never even reaches full power....

And the super strong buildable skell is the Ares.

Last edited:

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
Wasn't that a control center or something? (related to your spoiler thing)
Yeah, I think so. If I remember correctly, Yaldaboath is in the Mechonis Core (which acts as the "control room" of the Mechonis) and uses ether from the Bionis and Homs (I think) to control the Mechonis, which is a pretty cool ability.
I can' t wait to get a skell if they're as powerful as you describe. I can't wait to fly around and hang out on unscalable mountains.

Last edited:

van18

Smash Rookie
NNID
imperialpoke
I would say skells are much better, but they run out of fuel way to quickly.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Woo, just beat X.

A couple questions
What is there in terms of post game content,
and are any of the loose ends tied up? (What happened to Lao, that guy on the beach, who the "great one" is, what happened to the ganglion etc, Elma's copilot in the opening, who the samaar are, etc? I feel like they left a lot out.) Or are they just teasing a sequel?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Woo, just beat X.

A couple questions
and are any of the loose ends tied up? (What happened to Lao, that guy on the beach, who the "great one" is, what happened to the ganglion etc, Elma's copilot in the opening, who the samaar are, etc? I feel like they left a lot out.) Or are they just teasing a sequel?
Barely anything will be fully explained. We have to hope for an DLC or a sequel. Because if it's a "open ending", then I'm gonna be very dissapointed. There is still tho muuuuuch to do in side-quests. No worries.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Woo, just beat X.

A couple questions
Well if you are expecting answers to most of those questions you might be disappointed since those are most likely sequel hooks. And not DLC since the game has already been out some time in Japan and the only DLC were those 4 characters, their story and the support missions.

Well I can answer one of the questions since the answer is pretty much given. You killed the leader (plus Goetia, Ryzz, Dagahn) and the forces attacking the Lifehold while allying yourself with the Wrothians (affinity mission if you haven't done it yet) so most of Ganglion has been destroyed (as what the NPCs say). The remnants still remain as you can still go to the Cauldros bases where there are tons of troops and Sylvalum where the superboss Luxaar's Xern hovers.

We still don't know anything about the second force who attacked Earth.

You don't find out anything about the co-pilot, but you do find out a bit about her old teammates once you finish her 2nd affinity mission.
As for the other post-game content, there are 5 affinity missions you can only finish after the last chapter which can give you neat arts, and a conclusion to characters' plot threads. Or just act as a minor conclusion to the story.

You can now build super-skells (level 60) and super weapons. There are tons of super-bosses to beat, and many more basic missions (from the people) which will now become available. Oh and you can try personal stuff like rigging out your character, customizing your moveset, soloing superbosses and all that.

And the survey rate. Yea that's about it. Mileage may vary according to how interested you are in doing all this.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Herro Shulk Social! Long time no see.

I've picked Smash 4 back up again, but haven't been playing Shulk as much for whatever reason. I'm really liking Cloud though.

I'M A TRAITOR. D:

D

Deleted member

I beat XCX a while ago now and I realized how broken Ghostwalker is. If you have a setup where you can get a ton of TP to get into Overdrive and reactivate Ghostwalker, you will never die.
I thought the plot was good, but it's not as good as the original's. I might fight some of the super bosses, but that depends on how motivated I am. I need more Miranium and some other stuff to get the Ares 90 to stand a chance.

I really need to watch a let's play on Xenoblade Chronicles...
I reccomend chuggaconroy, since he speeds most of the side-quests up.
And you can straight up skip side-quest episodes, he mentions them after a while.
Yeah, I recommend Chugga's LP the most. He speeds up sidequests if you aren't interested and he goes into a lot of detail about the game. I actually learned a lot about the game and the lore by watching his LP.

Herro Shulk Social! Long time no see.

I've picked Smash 4 back up again, but haven't been playing Shulk as much for whatever reason. I'm really liking Cloud though.

I'M A TRAITOR. D:
Cloud's awesome; there is no shame in playing him over Shulk.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
As much as I hate playing against Cloud, playing AS Cloud is a blast, indeed. He is similar to Shulk, but they both have their own flavors. They're both really fun.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I beat XCX a while ago now and I realized how broken Ghostwalker is. If you have a setup where you can get a ton of TP to get into Overdrive and reactivate Ghostwalker, you will never die.
I thought the plot was good, but it's not as good as the original's. I might fight some of the super bosses, but that depends on how motivated I am. I need more Miranium and some other stuff to get the Ares 90 to stand a chance.
Ghostfactory is even more broken since it has very short cooldown time so you can keep renewing it especially when the boss can get through your decoys fast. AND it also helps your party members survive (even if they are useless).

The side stories is where the a lot of the interesting stories lie, unlike the original Xenoblade. The original Xenoblade had more run-of-the-mill fetch and kill quests. Not saying that this game doesn't but it often puts a nice story twist on it, with many quests leading to some change in NLA or more backstory, or just a really cool side story. The side quests also have tons of cutscenes since they are more dynamic. Sometimes changing your approach changes the consequences as well even if it is not a direct choose A or B quest (where A is death of a NPC, or B is life). There are also some pretty happy as well as pretty sad quests.

And about the A90. It might be the most powerful skell at BASE level but getting another level 60 Skell and outfitting it with tons of gear with stat boosts, and even more augments can create a much more broken skell. Especially since they can make the overdrive last longer by having more cockpit times due to having 6-8 arts (6 when you have 2 superweps) compared to the 4 unchangeable arts of the A90 of which only 2 are really powerful.

I still have to work on such a skell though when I get back... I am thinking of making a super evasive Formula like that. Although it will break if it gets hit >.<

Or you could just ground gear the bosses haha. Which I have found out is entirely possible (even the ones that normally need a skell) with a good equipment and a decent strategy, along with combat probe support. It obviously depends on overdrive to pump out extreme damage :p

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
What stage, and where were you on the stage? Near the edge? On a top platform or something?

After reading this I think seeing the replay would be helpful, but up to you about whether you want to do that.
It was an omega stage so it doesn't exactly matter where, but yes it was one the edge.

When you MALLC too hard
That's just insane. Too much MALLC, too much.

I honestly feel like if I can get good at MALLC ill be one of the best Shulks around...Well that sounds even more douchy then I thought it would...I know I'm already the really good Shulk. I mean, if no one at my school can beat my Shulk, and someone who also played Shulk that one of my friends said would beat my no sweat in a Shulk ditto ALSO loses to me. (Though it was close, I ended with one stock at 97%) I feel like I got almost everything BESIDES MALLC near-mastered if not mastered. I should fight some of you guys and figure out what I need to work on and stuff like that. Though I can almost 100% tell you guys that i'll lose from being afraid of losing and choking, then getting punished for choking. I can tell just by how committed you guys are that your no joke with Shulk, that you'll give anyone a challenge, and are really good with Smash in general. Still if you wanna fight me just send me your Wii U or 3ds code or post it here. Who knows, I may learn something from you guys or vise-versa.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I honestly feel like if I can get good at MALLC ill be one of the best Shulks around...Well that sounds even more douchy then I thought it would...I know I'm already the really good Shulk. I mean, if no one at my school can beat my Shulk, and someone who also played Shulk that one of my friends said would beat my no sweat in a Shulk ditto ALSO loses to me. (Though it was close, I ended with one stock at 97%) I feel like I got almost everything BESIDES MALLC near-mastered if not mastered. I should fight some of you guys and figure out what I need to work on and stuff like that. Though I can almost 100% tell you guys that i'll lose from being afraid of losing and choking, then getting punished for choking. I can tell just by how committed you guys are that your no joke with Shulk, that you'll give anyone a challenge, and are really good with Smash in general. Still if you wanna fight me just send me your Wii U or 3ds code or post it here. Who knows, I may learn something from you guys or vise-versa.
I once thought I was the best, too. Then I started playing on Anther's Ladder.

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
We have that Shulk Discord group. ;)

http://smashboards.com/threads/shulk-discord-server-join-new-event-alt-wars.416175/

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I once thought I was the best, too. Then I started playing on Anther's Ladder.
Well I highly doubt i'll ever be considered the best Shulk player in the world, or even in the U.S, but Best in State I feel like IS indeed possible for me. Though I'm dreaming.
Ok. Thanks for telling me this. I'll be sure to explore on that thread tomorrow.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
Still if you wanna fight me just send me your Wii U or 3ds code or post it here. Who knows, I may learn something from you guys or vise-versa.
I like Shulk dittos. Play me tonight? =)

NNID: FOcast763

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Shulk's certainly not G-tier, imo. E, maybe F.
It's the absolute lack or representation, and that some people simply haven't voted yet, since they though it's too early.

And since I am asking... -when- do we get the bayo patch today?

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
It's the absolute lack or representation, and that some people simply haven't voted yet, since they though it's too early.

And since I am asking... -when- do we get the bayo patch today?
Nintendo of America tweeted "In the afternoon Feb 3rd" and considering Japan was Feb 4th, I assume everyone gets it at the same time. You might need to do a bit of time conversion to work that out.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Nintendo of America tweeted "In the afternoon Feb 3rd" and considering Japan was Feb 4th, I assume everyone gets it at the same time. You might need to do a bit of time conversion to work that out.
Already did. 6 hours difference for me, and afternoon means 12-16. Worst case, I get it as 22.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I stopped looking at it, after seeing cloud in top tier.
I'd reccomend you the first draft of the officially backroom tierlist released 2 days ago.

Okay.

Roy lower than marth.
Shulk in hightier.
Mewtwo in B-
Lucas in C-
Miibrawler in D-

... who made this list?
I already saw the 4BR tier list; this one was made by a Japanese top player and Cloud main.
And if Corrinetta are released at 6:30 PST, I'll have to wait until 23:30 :(

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
So. I can't get the Smash 4 update, because my Wii u has no space left... Even if I delete EVERYTHING else in my Wii u I cant get the update let alone with the characters and stages...*Sigh* I'll just get the 3ds update over the weekend when I can...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Is there any hope for the humans on Mira? Following the rather extensive damage, and the reveal that they shouldn't even be alive even in their mimesomes, is there any hope for the people in Mims? Never mind the 25,000,000 who were stored in the Lifehold. Can anyone still be placed into a normal biological body again? Could the people in Mims at least have their biological bodies reconstructed and their conscience transferred from the Mim to their biological self? What about everyone else?

Edit: Tatsu called Hom Homs...

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So. I can't get the Smash 4 update, because my Wii u has no space left... Even if I delete EVERYTHING else in my Wii u I cant get the update let alone with the characters and stages...*Sigh* I'll just get the 3ds update over the weekend when I can...
How come? How much space does your Wii U have?

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
Sounds like it's the 8 GB Wii U? I didn't have to delete anything off my 32 GB which only has some indie games taking up space

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you tried this, but just in case:

As you can see, the Blade nullifies the Lunge and the laser hits Corrin.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Is there any hope for the humans on Mira? Following the rather extensive damage, and the reveal that they shouldn't even be alive even in their mimesomes, is there any hope for the people in Mims? Never mind the 25,000,000 who were stored in the Lifehold. Can anyone still be placed into a normal biological body again? Could the people in Mims at least have their biological bodies reconstructed and their conscience transferred from the Mim to their biological self? What about everyone else?

Edit: Tatsu called Hom Homs...
It's a kinda open ending. Nobody knows yet really, it screams for dlc/sequel practically.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
How come? How much space does your Wii U have?
Its exactly as R Rawbinator said. Its a 8 GB Wii U. I've had this sucker since Christmas of 2012. I had a feeling I should of gotten a 32 GB instead, but I didn't have the money. I barely had the money to get a 8 GB Wii U. Again, I'll get a external storage for it probably next week, then I start doin' Shulk Dittos with you guys.

Also its sad we didn't get any buffs, but its better then better nerfed. And could they not do better with nerfing Sheik, Rosa, and ZZS? Like really...lowering there weight by 1 unit...is that even doing anything? And if they were tampering with weights, why not give Mewtwo a few Cheeseburgers and up that weight by like 15 or something.

Anyway. I've discovered something amazing today. I can do a near perfect replication of the Smash Announcers voice...Tomorrow is gonna be fun at school AND during the parade we marching in. (I'm in Marching Band)

Top Bottom