• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

D

Deleted member

Thank you!
I played Final Fantasy VI months ago and I loved it; it's probably my favorite SNES game. Terra is my favorite character in the game and she still remains as my favorite character in the Final Fantasy series. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Thank you!
I played Final Fantasy VI months ago and I loved it; it's probably my favorite SNES game. Terra is my favorite character in the game and she still remains as my favorite character in the Final Fantasy series. :)
I agree. It's a high combatan with ChronoTrigger and the likes.
Generally FF6-9 seem to be the strongest in the entire series.

D

Deleted member

I agree. It's a high combatan with ChronoTrigger and the likes.
Generally FF6-9 seem to be the strongest in the entire series.
I agree. The story and gameplay were so good in my opinion; the story is still relevant today and the gameplay has aged pretty well.
I've seen 6, 7, and 9 get thrown around as the best Final Fantasy, but I haven't heard too many good things about 8.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I agree. The story and gameplay were so good in my opinion; the story is still relevant today and the gameplay has aged pretty well.
I've seen 6, 7, and 9 get thrown around as the best Final Fantasy, but I haven't heard too many good things about 8.
To be honest, I just loved the characters and story and huge replayability of FF8. The entire game changes when you actually know what's up, and you get so many "aaaaaah!" moments.

But yeah, the main reason FF8 hate excists is because of the DRAW system, and the abusable leveling system.
Your enemies are the level of your party members combined divided by 3. Because you can have 3 party members.
So, stay low level, and have high tier magic/summons, and win the game, till literally the endboss of disc 3, and the final boss will punish you for using summons.
That's it pretty much.

Edit:
But man... FF8 had the best minigame ever... #bestcardgameFF8
... it's even on android.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget the music. 6 was my first FF game and when I started I was very impressed by Uematsu's work, it easily became one of my favorite soundtracks.

Thank you!
same her!!

ff6 is my faves n secrtly i wished terra mades It int0 smash4 but clydestrafe is p-gud too!!!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
same her!!

ff6 is my faves n secrtly i wished terra mades It int0 smash4 but clydestrafe is p-gud too!!!
I don't now if you read this: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/20/sakurai-x-nomura-creator-interview-2016-part-one/
Sakurai: This isn’t an exact number, but among the requests for a Final Fantasy character to appear in Smash, around ¼ to ⅓ of the requests we got from fans were for Cloud. [TN1] I really wanted to answer the desires of those fans, and even though I thought it would be impossible, I reached out anyway, just to try.

Nomura: When we first talked, I asked “are you sure you’re okay with Cloud?” He’s not a character from a new game, after all.

Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are.

Now I want a second FF vharacter even more, or a new stage on the next game, or music; something.
Playing as Cloud is awesome but he doesn't use one of the most important things about FF, Magic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't forget the music. 6 was my first FF game and when I started I was very impressed by Uematsu's work, it easily became one of my favorite soundtracks.
The music in FF6 is just incredible. I love songs like Terra's Theme, Dancing Mad, The Decisive Battle, and Searching for Friends.

same her!!

I wished Terra made it in, but I have nothing against Cloud. It's surreal enough that he's in the game anyway... I never saw that day ever come.

Now I want a second FF vharacter even more, or a new stage on the next game, or music; something.
Playing as Cloud is awesome but he doesn't use one of the most important things about FF, Magic.
Well one of Cloud's taunts has him casting magic like in FF7, so there is magic! :troll: But seriously, I wish Terra got in so that she could use magic; FF6 made a point at emphasizing that she is one of the only two characters that naturally knew magic (the other being Celes).
I'm disappointed by the lack of Final Fantasy content. The only trophies we have are of Cloud, his alt, and Omnislash and we only get 2 songs with no remixes (besides the victory theme). With great tracks like Bombing Mission, J-E-N-O-V-A, and One Winged Angel... I'm disappointed that we only got two songs.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering, if I reach level 60, I can still level up my class, right?
I hate to admit this, but I went 85 hours in without realizing that I could switch classes and keep using weapons from a class that I mastered. So I stuck with the Duelist class because I didn't want to use other weapons...
It's something that they should have given you a tutorial for. :/

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I was wondering, if I reach level 60, I can still level up my class, right?
I hate to admit this, but I went 85 hours in without realizing that I could switch classes and keep using weapons from a class that I mastered. So I stuck with the Duelist class because I didn't want to use other weapons...
It's something that they should have given you a tutorial for. :/
You can, yeah. Even pretty easily, with a lv 50 skell and the phoenix... just get a few bug-killer augments, and almost OHKO joker.
Gives you almost 5-6 klass ranks.

D

Deleted member

You can, yeah. Even pretty easily, with a lv 50 skell and the phoenix... just get a few bug-killer augments, and almost OHKO joker.
Gives you almost 5-6 klass ranks.
I can get the Phoenix Skell weapon at the shop, right?
I never used it, so I might want to try it out...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think Phoenix is a drop. Some Puges at Sylavalum I think, not sure. I never had one haha.

I just used my G2- buster. At ground level, wipes the Joker and the hordes around him for easy xp and drops. I know this is overkill but I later got a level 60 skell and lvl 60 super weapon Antimatter Cannon and went and killed him some more. Class mastery in 10 mins. I had found Joker by myself just to learn he is actually pretty popular online due to his easy kill/high xp. Makes the free DLC kinda redundant.

And not related to joker but yea since now everyone uses longsword I will probably switch my set up. Probably a Javelin/Dual Gun build or maybe a potential Dual Gun/Knife setup. Or just ditch the Dual Guns altogether and go for resistance builds to take on superbosses solo. Yea tons of stuff to mess around with!

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Thing is, Use G-buster normal type for single target obliteration, and the Phoenix against AOE situations. Both deal heavy damage, and can be used together, instead of having to give up on the G-buster for using G-buster2.

You can easily farm the phoenix at the upper left base of the pugs in sylvanum. It's nearby a probe, and it only drops from the humanoids, not from the mechanical enemies. You can one-shot them with the g-buster, even on lv 30 skells.

You can also easily resett by going out of the skell, and use "return to skell", so the enemies will respawn instantly. If you are using a lv 30 skell, better use the nearby probe-fast travel point, so you don't aggro too much.
I had found Joker by myself just to learn he is actually pretty popular online due to his easy kill/high xp. Makes the free DLC kinda redundant.
Originally, he even gave you tickets. He got nerved, and is still too useful!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Thing is, Use G-buster normal type for single target obliteration, and the Phoenix against AOE situations. Both deal heavy damage, and can be used together, instead of having to give up on the G-buster for using G-buster2.
Well I don't know how good the AoE of Phoenix is but using a Verus skell, the G2 buster fairs pretty well. Sure it only works on enemies ahead, but if you position your skell nicely, boom a whole group of enemies become toast! Or chopped bugs in this case.

Originally, he even gave you tickets. He got nerved, and is still too useful!
Yea I had heard about that. I was really surprised when I first found him. I just got my flight module so was like 'Hey there's this region in Noctilum!'. Upon reaching there I saw the final superboss and went down that weird plant like thing to find this level 90 boss. Since I didn't know he was easy I ran outta there. Came back later in an attempt to kill him to see him going down in 2 shots -_- Super underpowered boss for sure.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well I don't know how good the AoE of Phoenix is but using a Verus skell, the G2 buster fairs pretty well. Sure it only works on enemies ahead, but if you position your skell nicely, boom a whole group of enemies become toast! Or chopped bugs in this case.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Meh, the main argument for phoenix is, that it's multi-hit, with an 360° hitbox all around you, which is prolly filling the inner side of the plant, or well, almost. It's thermal damage, and...
Well, it deals almost as much, as my G-buster, which is single target by me. Most people seem "huh, so little damage..." when looking at it, but it's one action, that does 4-6k -base- damage per hit, and are about 8 hits in total, with an amazing hitbox.

I mean, I can use G2-buster AND phoenix together. It isn't excluding one another. That's the reason why one should get the phoenix, imo.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles (not X)!
I can finally now play through X!
Also.
It's going to be weird when I play on New Game + and have the True Monado be right behind him.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I finally beat Xenoblade Chronicles (not X)!
I can finally now play through X!
Also.
It's going to be weird when I play on New Game + and have the True Monado be right behind him.
You get weird cases where armour and weapons carry over into cutscenes.

*Colony 9, Mechon attack*
*Dunban trips, drops the original Monado*
*True Monado goes sliding along the ground*

*Fighting in Sword Valley during the prologue*
*Mumkhar's clearly dressed in Mechon armour*

*Vanea placing mysterious figure into a silver-faced Mechon*
*Figure isn't wearing a helmet, so it's obviously Fiora*

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Ok. So I was playing Smash4 with a friend like normal on any weekend. I played a lot of Cloud because he's not the best against my Cloud, and I wanna learn how to play him.
So. Cloud. His dash attack. Can someone please explain to me why Clouds dash attack, and I'm not kidding or exaggerating this, killed a Lucas at 50%?! He wasn't charging an attack. It wasn't Finishing touch. It was a dash attack. That killed at 50%. That's not ok! A dash attack that kills as early as Finishing touch! Daddy Sakurai! Why?! Why did you do this?! Who pissed you off to the point that you had to do THAT?!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Ok. So I was playing Smash4 with a friend like normal on any weekend. I played a lot of Cloud because he's not the best against my Cloud, and I wanna learn how to play him.
So. Cloud. His dash attack. Can someone please explain to me why Clouds dash attack, and I'm not kidding or exaggerating this, killed a Lucas at 50%?! He wasn't charging an attack. It wasn't Finishing touch. It was a dash attack. That killed at 50%. That's not ok! A dash attack that kills as early as Finishing touch! Daddy Sakurai! Why?! Why did you do this?! Who pissed you off to the point that you had to do THAT?!
I#d say he was abusing rage, and was fully charged up? His stats minorly changes while he has his limit ready.
And bad DI maybe... and from the ledge?

That's all I could think of right now.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
He was probably charging a Smash, too. You receive noticeably more knockback If you're hit while charging.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Meh, the main argument for phoenix is, that it's multi-hit, with an 360° hitbox all around you, which is prolly filling the inner side of the plant, or well, almost. It's thermal damage, and...
Well, it deals almost as much, as my G-buster, which is single target by me. Most people seem "huh, so little damage..." when looking at it, but it's one action, that does 4-6k -base- damage per hit, and are about 8 hits in total, with an amazing hitbox.

I mean, I can use G2-buster AND phoenix together. It isn't excluding one another. That's the reason why one should get the phoenix, imo.
I guess. I never really needed it or took the effort to get it so yea -_-

It is often the multi-hit moves which are deadly compared to single hit. Sure we see that G-buster has 35k damage but only one hit on one enemy. The G2 buster has 20k damage but two hits on multiple enemies ahead. Same probably goes with the Phoenix in terms of damage. And actually I have heard a lot of people raving about the Phoenix as well.

So is it a back weapon or what?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I guess. I never really needed it or took the effort to get it so yea -_-

It is often the multi-hit moves which are deadly compared to single hit. Sure we see that G-buster has 35k damage but only one hit on one enemy. The G2 buster has 20k damage but two hits on multiple enemies ahead. Same probably goes with the Phoenix in terms of damage. And actually I have heard a lot of people raving about the Phoenix as well.

So is it a back weapon or what?
It is indeed a back weapon, yeah. It profits from the ar... the most expensive 50 skell's thermo+ armor.

Also, phoenix and G2 buster as the Gbuster can be farmed all at the same place. And be dropped in legendary (orange) quality.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It is indeed a back weapon, yeah. It profits from the ar... the most expensive 50 skell's thermo + armor.
Heh isn't the most expensive level 50 skell the Amdusias?

Unless you mean the level 60 super skell, whose weapons actually can't be changed -_-

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I#d say he was abusing rage, and was fully charged up? His stats minorly changes while he has his limit ready.
And bad DI maybe... and from the ledge?

That's all I could think of right now.
He was probably charging a Smash, too. You receive noticeably more knockback If you're hit while charging.
After watching the replay I saw that Cloud had lvl 2 rage (100%) and yes the limit break was ready. The move had little staleness but not noticeable staleness. The Lucas was at 45% when the dash attack hit and he took I think 12%. He was not doing an attack. His DI isn't exactly easy to tell, but he knows about DI so I'm assuming he DI'ed correctly. I'm going to go ask the Cloud mains about this and maybe we'll get the answer. I'm guessing it was just a glitch, because his F-smash doesn't even kill at 45%.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
What stage, and where were you on the stage? Near the edge? On a top platform or something?

After reading this I think seeing the replay would be helpful, but up to you about whether you want to do that.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

When you MALLC too hard

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
So, I had a random question about Xenoblade X. Is there any way to get to Cauldros without a skell? I accepted the "Hope Springs Eternal" affinity quest without knowing that it was in Cauldros, and now I'm stuck with no way to progress. I guess I could just grind for a really long time...

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So, I had a random question about Xenoblade X. Is there any way to get to Cauldros without a skell? I accepted the "Hope Springs Eternal" affinity quest without knowing that it was in Cauldros, and now I'm stuck with no way to progress. I guess I could just grind for a really long time...
You have to literally swim there. There is on the south coasts a way up there. I'd reccomend farming there even a few materials, since this is one of the few places you get a material, you need for mechanical level 5.

Also, it's easy to run away around this coast, hope that helped.

When you MALLC too hard
We need more of that shulk goodness.

Last edited:

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
You have to literally swim there. There is on the south coasts a way up there. I'd reccomend farming there even a few materials, since this is one of the few places you get a material, you need for mechanical level 5.

Also, it's easy to run away around this coast, hope that helped.
I'm assuming that you have to start swiming from Primordia's North Coast? Maybe from Northpointe Beach?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm assuming that you have to start swiming from Primordia's North Coast? Maybe from Northpointe Beach?
You could just swim form the north Primordia to Sylvalum and then walk across Sylvalum to reach Cauldros. Simpler than swimming all the way, although Sylvalum can have some dangerous monsters on ground and Cauldros even more so.

I would recommend taking the land route, much less of a hassle. Just swim to the southmost (and a bit to the east) coast of Sylvalum. You experience two continents and get stuff from the White Continent as well :D

Last edited:

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
You could just swim form the north Primordia to Sylvalum and then walk across Sylvalum to reach Cauldros. Simpler than swimming all the way, although Sylvalum can have some dangerous monsters on ground and Cauldros even more so.

I would recommend taking the land route, much less of a hassle. Just swim to the southmost (and a bit to the east) coast of Sylvalum. You experience two continents and get stuff from the White Continent as well :D
Thanks for the help! I'll definitely try and take the scenic route because exploring Mira is so much fun.

Also,
Is there any significance to both the Prone base on Oblivia and the Prone base on the Northern part of Noctilum? I found these two bases while was exploring and since a lot of the enemies were at my level or lower, I was wondering if there was going to be a story mission involving these two bases soon.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Thanks for the help! I'll definitely try and take the scenic route because exploring Mira is so much fun.

Also,
Is there any significance to both the Prone base on Oblivia and the Prone base on the Northern part of Noctilum? I found these two bases while was exploring and since a lot of the enemies were at my level or lower, I was wondering if there was going to be a story mission involving these two bases soon.
In noctilla, yes, in Oblivia, I think only for side-quests.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Also,
Technically it is a story mission but more of side stories yea. The Oblivia Prone bases are quite important (sorta) for a world-changing side mission.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So here's a question for you Xenoblade Types...

Assuming pilots of equal skill, what would win in a fight: A Skell or a Face?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So here's a question for you Xenoblade Types...

Assuming pilots of equal skill, what would win in a fight: A Skell or a Face?
Skell no doubt about it. Unless it is AI vs. AI, then I don't know, the AI sucks at piloting these things.

Too many arts, plus the skells are really powerful. I think the rule of can't be hurt by anything other than the Monado (or special weapons) would be unfair, so that wouldn't hinder a skell from damage.

Some skells have some very potent weapons which can deal hefty damage, plus they have the benefit of having multiple elemental moves, but that is probably because X introduced them.

And if the Skell reaches overdrive, game over for the Face.

Top Bottom