• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest

OHHHHH MY GODDD
(hnnng first month Buyer right here)
lol Nintendo couldn't do a high-res image of this? some of that text is freakin tiny and I wanna look at the pictures more closely

Edit: found the better version, still can't quite tell what's going on in the art card

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hello everyone.

I doubt most of ya'll remember me from the last time I posted here (nearly over a year ago, I think....) but I recently picked up Shulk as my secondary. Been enjoying his playstyle quite a lot, and I like to think I've been improving with him lately as well....at least, a heck lot more than I have compared to most of the other newcomers. :p

I look forward to spending more time here and continuing to improve in the ways of the Monado Arts!

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
@ kenniky kenniky
Code:
(((((p/10 + p×d/20) × 200/(w+100) × 1.4) + 18) × s) + b) × r
=
Code:
(((14p(d+2)/(100+w) + 18) × s) + b) × r
I did make a mistake with what I posted before. I left out some needed parentheses towards the end =P

edit: oops wrong thread

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ kenniky kenniky
Code:
(((((p/10 + p×d/20) × 200/(w+100) × 1.4) + 18) × s) + b) × r
=
Code:
(((14p(d+2)/(100+w) + 18) × s) + b) × r
I did make a mistake with what I posted before. I left out some needed parentheses towards the end =P

edit: oops wrong thread
I'll just bring this over here lol

Personally I really don't think it needs simplification, it's still very weird and the existing formula is fine imo.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'll just bring this over here lol

Personally I really don't think it needs simplification, it's still very weird and the existing formula is fine imo.
It takes much less time to calculate if using this formula

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
To each their own, I guess. I'm not constantly in a position where I'd need to use it anyway.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
The best thing to do when things like this happen is simply to not get demotivated. That's all there's to it. There are definitely those moments not only in Smash but in real life wherein you feel like you've worked so hard but the pay off isn't as good as expected. It happens but it shouldn't put you down. Just keep on going. Now, this may sound like well... kind of like bull**** but well, there isn't much to say when it comes to disappointment. Ultimately, it depends on how you deal with it, but if I were you, I'd try to take this tournament as some sort of learning experience if that helps. Also, taking a break from Smash 4 really helps imo. Helps you come back fresh and makes you feel like you're "restarting"

Also, make sure you prioritize your work and real life stuff over Smash. That's more important
Aaahhh. I remember when you gave me the same speech a while back. It actually helped me as well...like a lot...like I wouldn't be playing Shulk and really feeling it if you guys didn't help me out. And I've gotten a lot better sense then. Like I had the confindence to try more risky things with Shulk like a f-air to f-air combo...which now a days is like 33% of my kills.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've had my whinge and gotten over my loss. Turned up on Day 2 to continue Doubles and got knocked out straight away, though not without taking Falcon/Dorf to Game 3 and traumatising them with Sonic's spring gimps. Aimed for Top 8, placed... 9th :laugh: can't complain, because I've already done that. Besides, there were nearly 50 teams I believe.
(Edit: Found the video: http://www.twitch.tv/perthsmash/v/13508689?t=10m34s)

Had a lot of fun watching some of the top guys play off against each other. One of our local players has always been a pretty good player but I'm pretty sure he went Super Saiyan or something because he was never that good. My god, he managed to sweep through a solid portion of visitors who were tipped to win the event and ended up third. He had the home crowd behind him (I will never hear a crowd cheer like that over Ness' bthrow ever again.) ZSS vs. Palutena Grand Finals has inspired me to give Palutena a proper go again, I've never been brave enough to use her in tourneys until seeing that. Also glad to see so many unconventional characters get so far - aside from Palutena, we had Robin, Bowser, Yoshi, Ryu... all good characters in their own right, I've just not seen many of them around.

Really do need a bit of a break from Smash for a while :laugh: I'm smashed out. Got a lot of work to catch up on, and I'd love the chance to actually spend a decent amount of time with Yoshi's Woolly World because I've barely touched it. I'm sure MH4U and (when it's out) Mario Maker will consume my gaming life for a while too. When I come back I'll be better than ever! Or significantly worse, I guess we'll see :laugh:

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I really don't want to buy into the scalpers for that special edition. I love these games and any Xenoblade merchandise they make I try to get. The only things I have right now is Xenoblade Chronicles and the Club Nintendo Shulk poster.
I'm trying to keep an eye on Best Buy(I'd rather get it from here because discount) and Gamestop. But I'm worried it will be like Amazon and be gone in a day as soon as pre orders go up. Knowing Nintendo lately once its gone, its gone.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm jealous that we didn't get Smash posters on Club Nintendo.

But my Mario Kart trophies turned up today so I can't complain.
(The Lucina figma stopped being continually delayed from April and showed up too!)

Hopefully I can find enough stars for the coin and the Credits album before it all goes down here.

I watched a footage of Xenoblade X

It looks amazing but I failed in trying to prevent myself from watching a trailer of it or whatever. ****. I couldn't resist the temptation

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I watched a footage of Xenoblade X

It looks amazing but I failed in trying to prevent myself from watching a trailer of it or whatever. ****. I couldn't resist the temptation
We weren't competing, but I win!! :demon:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been curious about this for a while. Any of you guys got a Shulk amiibo?
And what's with the new title of the thread?

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I do have a Shulk amiibo.
His name is Zanza and he's op.

Last edited:

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
My brother and I have Shulk, Marth, and Ike. We are winners at life, obviously.
Funny thing was, I walked in to my local Farmville, Indiana Walmart and bought Marth one day because I felt like it. Little did I know that I held one of the rarest amiibos ever.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Here's a picture of my Shulk amiibo:

Last edited:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I got a Shulk amiibo plus some others. It was actually a gift from a friend online and I was REALLY FEELING IT happy when I got it. =P Here's my current collection (sorry for bad pic):

I'll probably get Zero Suit next week, maybe Falco when he comes out, and definitely Ryu next year. Impossible to get a Lucina though. ._.

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
I actually just got my Shulk amiibo the other day! It arrived right on my brithday -- my brithday gift to me. I named him Hero Hom! with the Riki alt. He is just beginning to learn to use his Monado arts, but he's surprisingly good at dsmashing at the ledge.

Has anyone been able to teach a Shulk amiibo to MALLC? I doubt they would be aware of or be capable of learning something so sophisticated, but it'd still be cool too see.

I don't have an amiibo

F all of you </3

Also, I came back from some random friendlies again but I didn't get much other than, "Wow, Shulk's f-smash is godlike for land chasing", "Wow I'm landing this a lot for whatever reason", and.............. YEAH. Nothing much, unfortunately ;;

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I don't have an amiibo

F all of you </3

Also, I came back from some random friendlies again but I didn't get much other than, "Wow, Shulk's f-smash is godlike for land chasing", "Wow I'm landing this a lot for whatever reason", and.............. YEAH. Nothing much, unfortunately ;;
I wish I had a Shulk amiibo...at least I have a marth before all of the scalpers got them all.

@ notyourparadigm notyourparadigm Well from what we know about amiibo and how they learn different things (which really isn't that much so far) they learn in a way that calculates in a way that isn't like memory, but in a successful/unsuccessful hit rates. Lemme give an example real quick. If I hit an amiibo with 2 different moves, lets say f-air and f-smash. If I hit the amiibo with f-airs 85% of the time and f-smashs 55% of the time the amiibo will be more " likely" to use f-airs whenever it can. (Bad example I know, I'm very tired when writing this). So me personally, I doubt that a Shulk amiibo has the ability to learn MALLC mainly because of the fact that it doesn't hit or do damage by itself. Another quick note, yes you can "teach" and amiibo to taunt even though it doesn't hit (other then Luigi's side taunt and greninjas down taunt). Just like normal CPUs taunt, so do amiibo which tells us that amiibo are similar to CPUs. So anything a CPU can do, amiibo can do. I've never seen a CPU do MALLC before...so yea, I really, REALLY doubt that an amiibo can do MALLC without hacking it and tampering with its coding. Then Nintendo would pull a Ceast and Desist on the poor soul of the hacker of the amiibo.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
We doing amiibo collection comparisons?
IMAG0571.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

My wallet 100% hates me for it. > $1000.
- I imported none of these, though an Ike and Sheik are American (bought at a convention, they would've imported) and a bunch are Japanese (got stocked on shelves because of shortages).
- One Dark Pit and Palutena have since gone overseas.
- I forgot to put the Green, Pink and Light Blue Yarn Yoshis in the image.
- Doubles are getting opened. Triples might be given away as gifts or something.
- Bought an extra Toad and Light-Blue Yarn Yoshi yesterday.
- All the others are on order.
- Other than Toad, Silver + Gold Mario, I'll get the rest of the Mario series later. They're around.
- Should probably preorder Shovel Knight. All the others (AC, Chibi-Robo, Smash leftovers) are on order, minus the Skylanders ones because I don't want to buy the bundles, screw that. Might order JP R.O.B. if I can be bothered.
- The EB Games staff now know me as "the amiibo guy".
- Currently piled up in stacks on by bedroom floor. Terrified I'll roll my chair over Gold Mario's box. I should do something about this.

Most of these were obtained before Nintendo of Australia & New Zealand went all like this on the amiibo situation. Helped me to round up the last few ones like Toon Link, Samus and Little Mac.
IMAG0564.jpg

Ironically the ones that are hard to find now are ones like Smash series Mario and Peach. There was once a time where I couldn't find any amiibo on shelves at all - and they were Mario/Pikachu when they were. Look how far we've come.

Hopefully everyone else catches up soon. I think this has only happened here since we were so grossly under-stocked we started getting Japanese imports on retail, and even then we're a smaller part of the market. Maybe.

I've trained up my Shulk amiibo named (spoiler) like Erico, half-trained a Link. More than anything I want to train my Rosalina, purely so I can call it "Lumanati."

Last edited:
If I had a Rosalina amiibo, I'd call it Roosterluma

Also to everyone here, feel free to nag at me to update some threads if you want to. Tyty

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Well if we're doing amiibo comparisons I may as well tell as well. I got the entire first wave which is Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Link, Fox, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, Marth, Villager, Wii fit trainer, Donkey Kong, Then I also have Sonic, Luigi, and Diddy Kong.
It's not much, but then again I don't have a job and all but Sonic were Christmas presents. I currently have Marth up to lvl 50 and he is killing me when I play Marth/Lucina. I'm training Villager, Wii fit, and DK.

Oh yea BTW after thinking about that can a Shulk amiibo learn MALLC. The amiibo indeed CAN do MALLC, but it can't be intentional. A "mistake" maybe. And it will be so rare to the point that it's pointless.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
We doing amiibo collection comparisons?
View attachment 72013
View attachment 72012

My wallet 100% hates me for it. > $1000.
- I imported none of these, though an Ike and Sheik are American (bought at a convention, they would've imported) and a bunch are Japanese (got stocked on shelves because of shortages).
- One Dark Pit and Palutena have since gone overseas.
- I forgot to put the Green, Pink and Light Blue Yarn Yoshis in the image.
- Doubles are getting opened. Triples might be given away as gifts or something.
- Bought an extra Toad and Light-Blue Yarn Yoshi yesterday.
- All the others are on order.
- Other than Toad, Silver + Gold Mario, I'll get the rest of the Mario series later. They're around.
- Should probably preorder Shovel Knight. All the others (AC, Chibi-Robo, Smash leftovers) are on order, minus the Skylanders ones because I don't want to buy the bundles, screw that. Might order JP R.O.B. if I can be bothered.
- The EB Games staff now know me as "the amiibo guy".
- Currently piled up in stacks on by bedroom floor. Terrified I'll roll my chair over Gold Mario's box. I should do something about this.

Most of these were obtained before Nintendo of Australia & New Zealand went all like this on the amiibo situation. Helped me to round up the last few ones like Toon Link, Samus and Little Mac.
View attachment 72014
Ironically the ones that are hard to find now are ones like Smash series Mario and Peach. There was once a time where I couldn't find any amiibo on shelves at all - and they were Mario/Pikachu when they were. Look how far we've come.

Hopefully everyone else catches up soon. I think this has only happened here since we were so grossly under-stocked we started getting Japanese imports on retail, and even then we're a smaller part of the market. Maybe.

I've trained up my Shulk amiibo named (spoiler) like Erico, half-trained a Link. More than anything I want to train my Rosalina, purely so I can call it "Lumanati."
Why do you leave them in the box?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Why do you leave them in the box?
Yeah, because I'm an idiot / they're worth more. I don't intend to sell any, but if for example I took Gold Mario out of the box I'd instantly lose about $60. So it kind of feels... wrong to take it out. Anyway, I think a full boxed collection looks awesome on a shelf. I still need to get a shelf though.

For all the doubles I want to open, they're not opened because I haven't yet sat down to play Smash/HW/Yoshi's Woolly World/Whatever with the intent of using them yet. I should probably do it, save some space.

I never planned go this far with amiibo, actually. Was only gonna pick up the guys I liked. But then one day I found Marth and Lucario in a shop one day. Considering how valuable Marth was at the time, how could I bring myself to take him out of the box? I might never find one of these guys again! Then, one day I stumbled across something like Rosalina. I don't know if I want her but... what if I want her later and I've missed out? I happened to Villager. I'd better buy it. Before I know it, I have them all on preorder and I'm hunting through shops to track them all down. I figured that I'd come this far, may as well go the whole way.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm only missing :4wiifit::4littlemac::4falcon::4greninja::4darkpit:
And I only have :4drmario:pre-ordered right now

Also hey I haven't been here in a while. I miss playing Shulk :(

Top Bottom