• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Edit: So in doubles I regularly team up with a Sonic player. We usually just run around at the speed of sound and try not to kill each other and it works out pretty well - but I've been trying to think of things we could do to actually work together. I know we can throw into Back Slash, Sonic can tackle the quick guys Shulk hates, could probably pull some stuff like Sonic fthrow -> Shulk uair... is there anything useful that you guys can think of?
that sounds horrible

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>tfw Shulk players who try to recover with Backslash

image.jpg

Don't worry. The title is the truth

So for those who are picking up Xenoblade, head for the boss fight. Easy ****. Also, give Fiora your best gear at early game like what Aerodrome said. DPS is really important in Xenoblade so yeeeeah

Real talk: Put Melia on AI

Serious talk: I listened to some of Xenoblade X's OST. Mostly only the normal battle theme, boss theme and the trailer theme. Crap. This OST is too good. Sawano never fails

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
>tfw Shulk players who try to recover with Backslash

View attachment 68948
I'm goin' be honest, I do that a LOT like to much...but it works and if I'm lucky I get a kill out of it with what I like to call... The phantom backslash. That's when you backslash someone from the front (genius idea I know) and its timed so perfectly that you go behide them while still doing the backslash and its hits there back except not really...then an immediate disconnect happens....then a saved replay...then YouTube. B-)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just beat the game...

[collapse=]
That ending...
[collapse=]
The planets in the solar system had me thinking that they were on some ancient or future form of Earth. Then that bit with... Zanza and Mayneth in the space station... Is this the matrix? And Alvis was the Monado all along... he handled himself quite well in that first encounter... but there are three Monados... now I'm struggling to wrap my head around this...

[collapse=]
Though the final cutscene made it really seem they were on... some kind of Earth, at least based on Reyn's comment on the salt water and the mountains in the distance... how on 'Earth' will the new game fit into any of this? I need to sleep...
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just beat the game...

[collapse=]
That ending...
[collapse=]
The planets in the solar system had me thinking that they were on some ancient or future form of Earth. Then that bit with... Zanza and Mayneth in the space station... Is this the matrix? And Alvis was the Monado all along... he handled himself quite well in that first encounter... but there are three Monados... now I'm struggling to wrap my head around this...

[collapse=]
Though the final cutscene made it really seem they were on... some kind of Earth, at least based on Reyn's comment on the salt water and the mountains in the distance... how on 'Earth' will the new game fit into any of this? I need to sleep...
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Oh man, no... I have just got the New 3DS version of the game. Can not see it...

Random Xeno-tip of the day: If you think you don't have what it takes to fight the unique boss, don't bother with it. You'll ruin the hype and momentum from YWKON playing by getting rekt :^)

I'd only go for 100% collection for games if that were the main point of it (like Mario Galaxy, or Mario 64). If it isn't then ain't nobody got time fo' dat :yeahboi:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Well you could always save time by doing New Game+ and 1 shot everything.
But then again... that would be boring...

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm following chuggaaconroy's LP to 100%. Currently on episode 96 or something.

so yea pretty close

except endgame material R.I.P.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm following chuggaaconroy's LP to 100%. Currently on episode 96 or something.

so yea pretty close

except endgame material R.I.P.
I'm still getting started.
Even though I have watched his LPs up to episode 31, I might rewatch it when playing the game.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This talk about 100% completion really makes me wish that Nintendo would implement an achievement/trophy system for their systems as a whole, rather than have devs make their own in-game achievements that no one can really see

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Got the most beautiful kill with Shulk during Doubles practise last night.

I'm under Smash Art, both opponents >100%.
Both run towards Shulk as I'm heading to the ground.
Back air.
Front hitbox hits one opponent, back hitbox hits the other.
Both simultaneously KO'd.

Really hoping the guy with the system keeps the replay.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Trying to 100% Xenoblade the first playthrough is what made me drop the game for a couple months. By the time I got to four affinity stars with Colony 9, I was beginning to seriously question my life decisions. So I took a fairly sizable break. Then I remembered that the main quest is freakin' amazing and jumped right back on the Xenoblade train. And oh boy, am I glad I did. Life choices VALIDATED.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Trying to 100% Xenoblade the first playthrough is what made me drop the game for a couple months. By the time I got to four affinity stars with Colony 9, I was beginning to seriously question my life decisions. So I took a fairly sizable break. Then I remembered that the main quest is freakin' amazing and jumped right back on the Xenoblade train. And oh boy, am I glad I did. Life choices VALIDATED.
So did you manage to 100% the game?

I had the same goal, although I did abandon the stupid achievements of dying X times, reviving party member Y times and killing 5000+ enemies.

I happened to question my life decisions as I played the game non-stop for a 1-2 weeks and sort of messed up my university life that semester -_-

Although the game was definitely worth it :laugh:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I did 100% my first playthrough following chuggaaconroy up to Eryth Sea, then I was like "I want to see more story"

So I just rushed ahead.

Then when I decided to 100% I just started from my old save.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Nah, I decided that I could be doing more productive things like playing 600 hours of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
Hmm. But 100% Xenoblade takes like 150 hours. All achievements (except the 3 I mentioned), max arts, max skills, max weapons, max gems and everything else.

But I agree with your choice of productive things. My 700 hours of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate couldn't agree with you more :D

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I had 99% of the Collectopaedia (missing only the Love Source), max affinity between all party members, the best equipment (maybe), all five skill trees for everyone except for Seven, and Colony 6 fully reconstructed. I enjoy getting 100% in any game I like, and after beating the game, I can completely say that this is my favorite RPG and probably my fifth favorite game overall.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The "Happy New Year" achievement is so evil... It's so time-consuming...
Funnily enough I just happened to get it like that.

I had 99% of the Collectopaedia (missing only the Love Source), max affinity between all party members, the best equipment (maybe), all five skill trees for everyone except for Seven, and Colony 6 fully reconstructed. I enjoy getting 100% in any game I like, and after beating the game, I can completely say that this is my favorite RPG and probably my fifth favorite game overall.
How did you miss the Love Source? Considering you got all the trees and beat the super bosses you just had to trade the Veritas Glyph with that High Entia girl in rebuilt Colony 6.

Getting all Arts maxed and Seven's 5th skill tree was a pain though. All the hundreds of Gloria Slobos and Final Marcus dead in the snow. Still no 5000 foes achievement -_-

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
How did you miss the Love Source? Considering you got all the trees and beat the super bosses you just had to trade the Veritas Glyph with that High Entia girl in rebuilt Colony 6.

Getting all Arts maxed and Seven's 5th skill tree was a pain though. All the hundreds of Gloria Slobos and Final Marcus dead in the snow. Still no 5000 foes achievement -_-
I didn't take on any of the super bosses, I only managed to take down one of the big monsters to get Seven's fifth tree, but I didn't want anything to do with that spider, let alone anything stronger than it. I'll do it once I finish New Game +, maybe.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I've 100%'d except for the achievements. Doing those would be stupid.

I've almost 100%'d twice, actually. The first time, I did 100% except for the timed quests. This second time, I've done all quests, just need to find like just a few more items for colony 6 and then, well, actually beat the game. I was having a lot of fun facing unique monsters much above my level.

Last edited:

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
As much as I love Xenoblade, 100%ing just isn't in my forte. More power to you guys, but after getting through main story and important side stories I just don't have motivation to do a ton of side stuff.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I'd only go for 100% collection for games if that were the main point of it (like Mario Galaxy, or Mario 64). If it isn't then ain't nobody got time fo' dat :yeahboi:
Yea I'm kinda scared to start it...yea I still haven't started it after saying I would start a month ago...I'm so great at keeping a schedule I know.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Sorry to break the flow of the chat but can someone give me a long session of 1v1's against my Ike? I feel that I need to understand the matchup due to how difficult I find it.

My NNID is Ninja-Muffinz

Cheers.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
Sorry to break the flow of the chat but can someone give me a long session of 1v1's against my Ike? I feel that I need to understand the matchup due to how difficult I find it.

My NNID is Ninja-Muffinz

Cheers.
I might be able to help. My cousin mains Ike, and we play all the time. He might be able to give you some tips about the matchup. Actually we'll be playing tonight around 4 (pretty sure that's 9pm in London time) if everything goes according to plan, so if you want to join, you're welcome. We'll play some 1v1s, and then if you're really feeling it, maybe some doubles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom