• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anyway, if anyone of you here spoils XCX, I will kill you.
Boy/Girl meets/knows Girl/Boy. Boy/Girl falls for Girl/Boy. Boy/Girl goes on adventure with girl/boy or goes alone and girl/boy follows or meets girl/boy on adventure or goes on a quest of vengeance for girl/boy only to meet plot twists galore and find girl/boy again. Boy/Girl and Girl/Boy live happily together or boy/girl dies or girl/boy dies or ends ambigously or ends with boy/girl and girl/boy on some kind of beach with lotsa hinting from the story with what happens to boy/girl and girl/boy now.

Pretty much how any story goes one way or another with maybe a few small differences here and there. Done one done them all.

You're already spoiled. You just don't realize it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If shulk gets a minor buff in frame data, I am honestly making him my main over good old weegee.

And at the earlier topic... I guess I was just insanely rusted. After a week playing luigi again I am doing fine again.
Still kinda wanna have a super viable shulk.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Discussion topic: what if Shulk had Brawl MK startup frame data? So same amount of endlag and active frames.

Ftilt would become so scary. Bair would be broken. Air Slash would become a ridiculous kill move, Back Slash as well.

Uair and Dair might be better but still have hitboxes skinnier than Wii Fit Trainer so unsure on that.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Meh not really.

People would just learn to bait out the moves and punish the big end-lag.

If you want to give help to Shulk can we start with making hitboxes fit the whole animation or the whole animation fit the hitboxes (like with Nair >_>). Bugs the ever living **** out of me.

Frame data wise his grounded moves are just fine.

With aerials I think decreasing some of the end lag on them would be nice (especially Nair) and maybe give him so decent auto-cancels with them somewhere (especially if done smartly with Monado jump/speed by giving them different AC windows and stuff, lotta cool stuff could go down with that). Maybe, emphasis on maybe, move Nair to 10 frames of landing lag, Fair to 15 frames landing, and Bair to like 17 or 18. Basically just some QoL touches on his aerials are all that feel needed, imo, in regards to frame data.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I haven't been on SB for a while, but I had to come back because

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

First Shulk makes it into Super Smash Bros.

Then Fiora makes it into Project X Zone.

(And this time, Chrom won't be getting his chance another day!)

Edit: Video. Once again, spoilers (if you've not completed Galahad Fortress.)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

Where the hell did they come from?

:link:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loved the first Project X Zone

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loved the first Project X Zone
This makes Lucina the second Smash Bros character to be in Project X Zone.

And don't be that surprised, Monolithsoft is also involved with PXZ. Lucina and Chrome, a bit surprised.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
This makes Lucina the second Smash Bros character to be in Project X Zone.

And don't be that surprised, Monolithsoft is also involved with PXZ. Lucina and Chrome, a bit surprised.
I'm not that surprised about Fiora. I am going to miss T-elos though.

Chrom and Lucina were unexpected though.
I mean, the whole point of the game was a crossover between Capcom, Namco, and Sega.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Chrom and Lucina were unexpected though.
I mean, the whole point of the game was a crossover between Capcom, Namco, and Sega.
Yes, but this time it might not be only Capcom, Namco, and Sega. I first thought they are DLCs.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
;;;;;;::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::. ¸ -•¬=≈›„¸„«¤= = = ≈ ¤» ¸
;: ¸ ¸.*.*..·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·´. . . . . . . .¸ – ~ ¬ ~ – ¸ .. "› ¸
;;«¤»¸ :;;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;:::::::::;;;;;:: ¸ ´ . ¸ «¬^**^¬»¸ . ` ::.¯¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*¤———————————————— » ¸
¸ .
´‹„¸¸„›'.:¸,:´¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨V¨¨¨¨¨* ¸ :;;;: ' . ¸ " ............... " ¸ . " :;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:´ ¸´;; /
;`»„¸¸„ « ´ ...::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, ,;;;;;::. ’¸ : . ¸' ..................... '¸ . ' ;;;;;;;;;: ¸ ‹ *¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*›¸ :;;;;;;;;;;;: ¸ ‹ *¨¨¨¨¨¨*^•—, :;;;;;;;;;;;;:´ ¸ ´ . ¸´
;;,,,,,,,,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::. ;¸„»~ ; ....Érïçð9001... ; . ' ;;;;;;;::. \¸. . . . . . . / .:;;;;;;;;;;:. \¸ . . . . . . . / .:;;;;;;:´ ¸ « ´ . ¸ ´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::. ·, .' ¸ ................. ¸´ . ;¸ ‹ ¬ * ¨ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ . ¸ « ´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:: ¸ « ´ ¸ . * › „ ¸ ¸ ¸ „ « * ¸« ´.:;;: ¸ ‹ ¬ * " ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¯
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::. "›¸ :::.¨ - „ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ „ – ´.:;;: ¸ ·´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::.. " » ¸ :::;;;;;;;;::: ¸ « ´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::... ¯ " * * " ¯

Aw it's broken :(

Time to rebuild

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think T-Elos may be a straight up villain this time, like Juri.

Anyway, I'VE BEEN HYPING OVER FIORA THESE PAST FEW HOURS THE HYPE TRAIN NEVER ENDS

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So gais, how's the new Smashboards? ;)
As neat as Shiek is.

Also, how about buffing shulk to high tier atleast, so I can smack people officially?
Lately enjoying pikatchu... and feel bad, because I'd really love to play shulk well enough for tourneys.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Deluxe Signatures coming in!:

could you place that into a spoiler? There are still people who haven't played the game that far (that visit this thread)
edit: thanks :)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Fiora in Project X Zone 2 was the first thing I woke up to and I kinda died ok. Now I actually have a reason to buy this game
Me this morning

"Hmm Smashboards is down guess I'll go check IGN and whatnot"
*sees PXZ2 video*
0_0

Now while we're on this topic... http://smashboards.com/conversations/project-x-zone-2.756382/page-3 Me and @- Hsien-Ko - have been discussing a fan game of sorts somewhat similar to X Zone but with Smash mechanics. If anyone is interested I can invite.

Last edited:

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
So Fiora made in Project X-Zone 2? Awesome! A character I actually care about besides a Capcom character or a Tekken character. Never actually played the first one.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
New Smashboards lookin' snazzy.
Me this morning

"Hmm Smashboards is down guess I'll go check IGN and whatnot"
*sees PXZ2 video*
0_0

Now while we're on this topic... http://smashboards.com/conversations/project-x-zone-2.756382/page-3 Me and @- Hsien-Ko - have been discussing a fan game of sorts somewhat similar to X Zone but with Smash mechanics. If anyone is interested I can invite.
Yeah, sure. Invite me :p I'll probably check it all out next week though, pretty tight on free time until then.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Gonna be inactive or possibly away from SWF until November 10, more or less

But you guys are cool so you're probably not going to do anything crazy or rule-breaking right :D ??

So yeah, bye for nao :4shulk:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
English trailer!

Xenoblade Chronicles spoiler of course. (The game did come out 5 years ago)

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Aw man I hope we can hear the English dialogue version soon.
I don't think they're dubbing this game. Especially since it's being presented like this. (The first game wasn't dubbed either)

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm really pleased to see that this week's conquest on Smash is allowing Shulk to participate. Let's do this!

Also, I wish PXZ didn't have such a shallow battle system...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm really pleased to see that this week's conquest on Smash is allowing Shulk to participate. Let's do this!

Also, I wish PXZ didn't have such a shallow battle system...
Well, the sequel certainly seems to be trying to add more risk/reward aspects to the battles on top of the already-present Critical Hits, with things like Cross Break and that time-slowing thing. Not to mention more customization between fights.

Still, I have to admit I was never really bothered much by the simplicity in X Zone. Was honestly relaxing mowing down waves of foes like that.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I guess you have a point there. My problem is that I'm so used to tactical RPGs like Fire Emblem where you can't let anyone die, so I end up playing the battles too carefully in PXZ. :p

Well, for once I ran into a quite decent Sheik on For Glory. Most of the ones I find can't even Fair chain, but this one was different. Few rolls, judicious use of shield, plenty of combos. I just barely lost the first game, ended up getting juggled and overeager with Smash art. Second game, I got a good lead, took the first KO, then had a tough as nails fight for the last stock. I was near death, but snuck in that single FSmash I needed while in Shield mode. Finally remembered that Air Slash actually KOs with ridiculous KBG, so I got the first KO with that. Seriously fun, now I actually have a Sheik replay worth showing.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Gonna be inactive or possibly away from SWF until November 10, more or less

But you guys are cool so you're probably not going to do anything crazy or rule-breaking right :D ??

So yeah, bye for nao :4shulk:
oh wow, cya!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I guess you have a point there. My problem is that I'm so used to tactical RPGs like Fire Emblem where you can't let anyone die, so I end up playing the battles too carefully in PXZ. :p
It's really, really hard for a unit to die in PXZ if you're diligent with your healing options. Only the final boss is a significant threat in that regard, otherwise it's a unit getting stunned with no one able to heal him in time.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
According to BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's poll (the results were compiled by Logo12), the top Xenoblade characters (including KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series) are as follows:

#58 Reyn
#64 Fiora
#92 Melia
#114 Elma
#140 Dunban
#184 Riki
#185 Cross
#249 KOS-MOS
#323 Metal Face

For the full results, clicky here.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Preordered my Xenoblade Chronicles X special edition.

Am hyped for USB.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Jeez...fiora in pxz2...not sure how to feel about that. Not because I didn't want Xenoblade chronicles characters in the first pxz, but because I didn't like the first one. A lot of people really liked pxz and I have no idea how they love that game so SO much. It's story can be summed up as so.
Meet new characters, they talk, oh no random bad guys we may or may not have seen before. We barely won that. RANDOM TELEPORT AWAY!!!
Meet even more characters, they talk (possibly with others characters if the random teleporting was feeling nice that day) again, oh no bad guys again, we almost lost that battle again. RANDOM TELEPORT AWAY...AGAIN!!! Rinse and repeat for literally weeks and weeks irl of pointless dialogue and hitting up,left,right,down, and A.
This story is so repetitive that it makes Sonic 06s story look fresh and brand new every other minute.
Also boring and repeating gameplay.
The game itself looks friggin' awesome though. Dem graphics are sweet. And the absolutely massive roster of playable characters is both a blessing and a curse. I never saw any glitches either. Then again the game is so repetitive if there were glitches then the people working on the game had to literally kill the QA testers to ignore the complains.
Whatever I'm done ranting about this game on here. Opinions are opinions.
So what's happening with you guys? How's the new update on smashboards going?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Jeez...fiora in pxz2...not sure how to feel about that. Not because I didn't want Xenoblade chronicles characters in the first pxz, but because I didn't like the first one. A lot of people really liked pxz and I have no idea how they love that game so SO much. It's story can be summed up as so.
Meet new characters, they talk, oh no random bad guys we may or may not have seen before. We barely won that. RANDOM TELEPORT AWAY!!!
Meet even more characters, they talk (possibly with others characters if the random teleporting was feeling nice that day) again, oh no bad guys again, we almost lost that battle again. RANDOM TELEPORT AWAY...AGAIN!!! Rinse and repeat for literally weeks and weeks irl of pointless dialogue and hitting up,left,right,down, and A.
This story is so repetitive that it makes Sonic 06s story look fresh and brand new every other minute.
Also boring and repeating gameplay.
The game itself looks friggin' awesome though. Dem graphics are sweet. And the absolutely massive roster of playable characters is both a blessing and a curse. I never saw any glitches either. Then again the game is so repetitive if there were glitches then the people working on the game had to literally kill the QA testers to ignore the complains.
Whatever I'm done ranting about this game on here. Opinions are opinions.
So what's happening with you guys? How's the new update on smashboards going?
You don't go into games with such a massive and differing cast expecting a Shakespeare-level story. Even Subspace Emissary, with everything that happens behind the scenes isn't that deep.

The cast is pretty much the reason you pick up the game, along with seeing how they interact with characters from other games. You most likely end up learning about several franchises you never knew existed. And as a handheld title with generous quicksaves it's easy to kill a few minutes while delivering very entertaining beatdowns while laughing at jokes made by the characters. It's just pure fun.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
You most likely end up learning about several franchises you never knew existed.
This part I can definitely agree with. Lindow and Alisa made me curious enough to watch that new God Eater anime... Which feels like a good decision. Then again, it's sad the anime is only 9 episodes long. :( That 8th episode that just aired on Sunday... Man, it's like rolling 4 episode cliffhangers in with a freakin' season's end cliffhanger. The apocalypse was never so mindbending before....

Other news, I feel like my Shulk is really improving. I'm the zone with keeping aware of my position on the stage, using shielding and grabbing to good effect, but I still roll too much.

Top Bottom