• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

You guys need to learn how to wait and see when it comes to news like this

edit: patch and ****. so i made an appropriate title :4sheik:

Last edited:

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
I really feel like I should be contributing to the competitive Shulk discussions but everyone seems to beat me to what I want to say, and say it better than I could have. Plus some of you work pretty hard on Shulk, working out his uses for different little techs, customs, strategies, matchups... it's all great stuff. I just sit here reading away, and more than half of the competitive Smash terminology still goes over my head, I don't know what the frame data is like for other characters so I don't know how much slower Shulk is, there's knockbacks and damage and sweet/sourspot numbers flying around everywhere...

It feels... weird. I feel like a filthy casual by comparison. I want to contribute but don't really think I'm able to.

All the same, hey, great job to those of you who are pushing that front forward. I appreciate it, someone's gotta do it :laugh:
I'm in the exact position as you! I haven't contribute that much simply because they're already pointed out or I'm usually busy with my life.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
I spent my night last night falling asleep to the intro song and Satorl Marsh night's song last night, best sleep in a long time.

Chappy

Smash Cadet
Would any other Shulk mains be willing to fight my Shulk so I can learn the MU? I'd appreciate it if you have Skype. My NNID is ps_chap.

Xenoblade Hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1509-5006
I feel like with each patch that comes, Shulk gets stronger due to top tier threats being commonly nerfed. If this is the case again Shulk could become a viable high tier threat, especially if he gets a buff himself.

Also trying to get the hang of MALLC. I can pull it off sometimes VS CPU but I'm hoping I can manage this at the next local tournament I go to

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
If there is a balance patch that's coming out, I really hope they don't nerf a bunch of characters. Especially Roy! I just know they might nerf everything about our boy because his forward smash is "too OP". Just give Marth and Lucy some actual buffs and call it a day. The only nerf that might be justified is Sheik. Just a small nerf though. A total forward air nerf would destroy her probably.

Oh, look at that. Persona's been brought up. I know what I must do...!
http://youtu.be/w7lj9qI8VFc
If you haven't seen this, do it! Seriously, it'll change your life, man.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If there is a balance patch that's coming out, I really hope they don't nerf a bunch of characters. Especially Roy! I just know they might nerf everything about our boy because his forward smash is "too OP". Just give Marth and Lucy some actual buffs and call it a day. The only nerf that might be justified is Sheik. Just a small nerf though. A total forward air nerf would destroy her probably.

Oh, look at that. Persona's been brought up. I know what I must do...!
http://youtu.be/w7lj9qI8VFc
If you haven't seen this, do it! Seriously, it'll change your life, man.
I wish they'd give roy's second jump a bit more height... that would make him perfect for me.
But I guess shiek will finally get her nerf. Diddy will be nerfed again (I call it) and our monady boy will get better startup frames?

Last edited:

Xenoblade Hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1509-5006
If there is a balance patch that's coming out, I really hope they don't nerf a bunch of characters. Especially Roy! I just know they might nerf everything about our boy because his forward smash is "too OP". Just give Marth and Lucy some actual buffs and call it a day. .
I agree with this completely. Think it's too early to know whether Roy is "overpowered" or not in the metagame, and he needs to get more tournament results too before changes are made, if any

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
If there's a patch incoming, I want Mewtwo, Zelda and Samus heavily buffed. I don't even main them but they really feel too weak. Can we eliminate the C and C+ tier from the game Sakurai? Can we make a game where every character is viable at least with secondary? Can we do it?
Also buffs to frame data would be nice for us. I hope the team will notice the absolute absence of Shulk in the competitive scene (I think I have seen like 4 Shulk in tournaments. Even small tournaments) and buffs him a lot lol.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If there's a patch incoming, I want Mewtwo, Zelda and Samus heavily buffed. I don't even main them but they really feel too weak. Can we eliminate the C and C+ tier from the game Sakurai? Can we make a game where every character is viable at least with secondary? Can we do it?
Also buffs to frame data would be nice for us. I hope the team will notice the absolute absence of Shulk in the competitive scene (I think I have seen like 4 Shulk in tournaments. Even small tournaments) and buffs him a lot lol.
Truly a nice though. But Zero showed, that skill alone CAN carry a character far.
But I know, he still played diddy... just... just buff our characters in the right way sakurai... please...

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have played a the demo of Etrian Odyssey IV and a few hours of SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. So my knowledge isn't the best, but... from what I've seen, yeah, you've got that kind of 3D-but-grid-based movement, map building and the giant enemies that you'll try to avoid.

I have had EO4 unopened for about two years now... hmm... once I kill off some of my backlog I might have to open it. Either before/after Ni No Kuni, which is in the same situation.
Get around to it! Etrian Odyssey 4 is REALLY good. One of the best dungeon crawling turn-based combat RPGs I have yet played in the past year. Map building is amazing and the combat can get you killed in moments if you just bash attacks. Customization is plenty as well with 8 types of troops (and subclassing) to choose from to build a 5 man/woman/mixed team. A tad on the short side but well polished.

I still have to beat the extra dungeon though, I keep running out MP halfway through. And I have a similar unopened case with SMT IV, I want to beat my current playthrough (on hold) of SMT 3 before I start the 4th game.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd give roy's second jump a bit more height... that would make him perfect for me.
But I guess shiek will finally get her nerf. Diddy will be nerfed again (I call it) and our monady boy will get better startup frames?
I hope they nerf Roy because every time I see one on fg that does nothing but down throw up b I pour just a little bleach into a cup, when that cup is full, I drink it.
But for real roy takes little skill whatsoever.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I hope they nerf Roy because every time I see one on fg that does nothing but down throw up b I pour just a little bleach into a cup, when that cup is full, I drink it.
if you are being beaten by a dthrow -> Blazer spamming Roy I think you need to learn how to DI.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I don't know, approaching with Roy can be tough against defensive player. He has no projectiles and all of his aerials are unsafe on shield, so you have to get a little creative when approaching. That's not to say that Roy isn't a straightforward character. He's not as easy as say, Mario though.

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
if you are being beaten by a dthrow -> Blazer spamming Roy I think you need to learn how to DI.
I do so but every Roy I fight has some kind not super magnet in this sword so he ALWAYS hits me. It's so stupid.

W
I don't know, approaching with Roy can be tough against defensive player. He has no projectiles and all of his aerials are unsafe on shield, so you have to get a little creative when approaching. That's not to say that Roy isn't a straightforward character. He's not as easy as say, Mario though.
Well most roysni fight appearly also have the ability to see the future and always roll, spots
Dodge, or better yet counter everything (I swear once I did a grab and a Roy countered it.).I just hate Roy so much. He so cheap to me.

Two of Shulk's worst match-ups got nerfed. It's really just Sheik now but everyone's riding that Sheik wagon

Also, that f-air nerf probably wasn't enough. Eeeeh

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
UGGGGGHH. Marth didn't get buffed in any meaningful way AGAIN.

Also, from what I hear, tourney mode is REEAALY stupid. Like, seriously! FFA only? Bo1 only? The only 1 v. 1 tourneys are hosted by Nintendo? Sakurai... like, srs?

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Two of Shulk's worst match-ups got nerfed. It's really just Sheik now but everyone's riding that Sheik wagon

Also, that f-air nerf probably wasn't enough. Eeeeh
I thought Sonic's only nerf was F-Smash... Either way, I'm pretty sure sheik is getting nerfed in future patches, so long as she continues to remain dominant.

I thought Sonic's only nerf was F-Smash... Either way, I'm pretty sure sheik is getting nerfed in future patches, so long as she continues to remain dominant.
He got nerfs on f-smash, b-throw, and d-smash. Drastic decrease in launch distance

Sonic did not get nerfed bad at all. His Fsmash kos like 5 percent or less later.
Oh. Thanks for correcting me. My bad. Lol

M E R G E P O S T B O Y Z

Dash attack end lag reduced. Is Sakurai buffing Shulk's worst moves? If he is then THANK GOD

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Maybe Fox isn't our worst MU now lol. Don't feel the Shine buff will be that helpful against Shulk but meh, maybe some gimp when we don't autosnap the ledge.

Our worst match-up is Sheik for sure. The f-air nerf didn't do **** tbh

Diddy is annoying but manageable. Same can be said for Sonic, except he's still much more of a pain in the ass than Diddy. As for Fox, jab lock is literally 3/4 of the reason why Fox was horrible for Shulk. His reward for getting into our zone was incredibly ridiculous so making mistakes against Fox was a no-no. It probably still is until now but the damage you'll take won't be as much anymore, at least

So yeah. **** Sheik

Last edited:
Top Bottom