• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Yeah, that's fairly accurate about the side chat, though twice now I've seen an actually decent discussion, one time being about customs and Shulk. Someone salted out? That's the first I've heard of that happening. I'd say that sticking to friendlies is your best bet for now, and you'll attract more help by opting for Endless Friendlies. Getting your butt handed to you shouldn't be a bad experience either, in fact, it means there are a lot of people there who can help make you better. I'm still losing most of my matches there, but they're getting closer and closer as I keep practicing. Some Shulk and Robin dittos I've played have been particularly fun. In fact, you'll learn an especially fair amount from dittos, as you can see how better players react and what strategies they use.
I believe the guy was salty even though it was a friendly. All of his other matches that weren't wins never had a result. One of his feedback said "Don't fight this guy he sucks." While he replyed angry to the other guy. I won the first friendly then clicked that I won that match. I was waiting for him to say he lost so we could move on to the next match but he never clicked anything and sat forever on the results screen. It was a really close one.
Either he had a problem or he raged quit. I was still confused non the less.
Yes I know losing 50 million times isn't that bad but it really makes me feel like garbage to see all the work I've put into this character be stomped on.

ExcaliburGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExcaliburGuy
3DS FC
0817-4246-5421
I believe the guy was salty even though it was a friendly. All of his other matches that weren't wins never had a result. One of his feedback said "Don't fight this guy he sucks." While he replyed angry to the other guy. I won the first friendly then clicked that I won that match. I was waiting for him to say he lost so we could move on to the next match but he never clicked anything and sat forever on the results screen. It was a really close one.
Either he had a problem or he raged quit. I was still confused non the less.
Yes I know losing 50 million times isn't that bad but it really makes me feel like garbage to see all the work I've put into this character be stomped on.
Don't be afraid to dispute stuff like that, especially in ranked battles. Though from my experience, people like that are a rarity.

...Also, what is the significance that Juju... thing?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What is :4shulk: best alt and why is it Melia and Sharla

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Why do you all hate Juju? :sadsheep:
For me, Juju is like Nickelback.
Honestly I don't mind them all that much, but I will continue to do nothing but make fun of them because the jokes going around are absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:
The fact that Jarjar Binks is somehow mixed with Juju makes me wonder in awe. It also leaves me crying on the floor, laughing hysterically

I remember back in the early days of the social thread, we did talk about some Star Wars = Xenoblade comparisons

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
For me, Juju is like Nickelback.
Honestly I don't mind them all that much, but I will continue to do nothing but make fun of them because the jokes going around are absolutely hilarious.
Yea I agree. I don't really care for either as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xenoblade chronicles spoilers.
Hey speaking of juju, does he even do anything in Xenoblade chronicles besides being a princess peach. I've played though the game multiple times and I've doing another now, but I still don't see his importance in this game besides that one time and its not like he was trying to get captured and possibly killed/eaten. And I'm talking about the main story not side stories or quests.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
The fact that Jarjar Binks is somehow mixed with Juju makes me wonder in awe. It also leaves me crying on the floor, laughing hysterically

I remember back in the early days of the social thread, we did talk about some Star Wars = Xenoblade comparisons
Wtf I'm not so sure I want to play Xenoblade if there's something even similar to Jarjar Binks

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
Wtf I'm not so sure I want to play Xenoblade if there's something even similar to Jarjar Binks
It's totally worth it to play Xenoblade. And honestly I can't remember a whole lot about what Juju even did in the game so he can't be nearly as bad as Jarjar.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Yea I agree. I don't really care for either as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xenoblade chronicles spoilers.
Hey speaking of juju, does he even do anything in Xenoblade chronicles besides being a princess peach. I've played though the game multiple times and I've doing another now, but I still don't see his importance in this game besides that one time and its not like he was trying to get captured and possibly killed/eaten. And I'm talking about the main story not side stories or quests.
Mainly, he provides motivation for Sharla to join the party. Whilst Sharla wants to keep Colony 6 safe, I don't think there's any denying that Juju and Gadolt would be her priority. He also provides the player with a unique character to liaise with for the reconstruction of Colony 6. I know you said the main story, I think this is an important reason to have him around.

Not sure how serious you are, but it's mostly for the name pun.
Juju gets into some bad situations because he's a goddamn idiot.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I'm joking man. But I really hate Jarjar. However, it's almost impossible to find Xenoblade at an human price, so I have to wait for X (which will be my first JRPG ever so hype)

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
I'm joking man. But I really hate Jarjar. However, it's almost impossible to find Xenoblade at an human price, so I have to wait for X (which will be my first JRPG ever so hype)
If you have the New 3DS XL you can get that version for the regular price. But if you want the Wii version then the price is fairly high. I think the lowest price on Amazon is like $71 which is only $21 more than what it originally costed. So if you really want to play it you'll have to spend that extra money, unfortunately.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
The other day I found a $6000 copy of the Wii version on eBay, that's almost 4 million on my country's currency.

Last edited:

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
The other day I found a $6000 copy of the Wii version on eBay, that's almost 4 million on my country's currency.
Wow I can't believe someone actually tried to sell it for that much. Definitely try Amazon, instead. Gamestop might have it, too. I'm not sure, though.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Your first JRPG? You've never played Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or any of the Mario RPGs?

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I played Super Paper Mario and Partners in Time/Bowser's inside story and they were all great (never expected a so deep plot like SPM's one in a Mario game) but they aren't JRPG except for being created in Japan. I started Pokemon Black, the story was great but the battle sistem bored me after the sixth gym, anyway Pokemon isn't properly a JRPG like FF or FE,which I never played because I have only Wii, DS and Wii U and I started play in 2011, so RD was impossible to find.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
they aren't JRPG except for being created in Japan.
I mean, that's kind of what JRPG means. An RPG made in Japan.
Wikipedia said:
JRPG is an initialism used to describe role-playing games made in Japan, as opposed to WRPGs (West role-playing games, that is, made in Western countries).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
My only exposure to Persona is the Arena games, but it's certainly made the actual series catch my interest.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I personally have played the main SMT series and the Devil Survivor Spin offs. I still have to try the Persona spinoffs as well as the Digital Devil Saga games.

I think I will try Persona 3 soon. I doubt I will ever get P5 though since I have no plans to buy a PS4 -_- or PS3

Last edited:

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Mainly, he provides motivation for Sharla to join the party. Whilst Sharla wants to keep Colony 6 safe, I don't think there's any denying that Juju and Gadolt would be her priority. He also provides the player with a unique character to liaise with for the reconstruction of Colony 6. I know you said the main story, I think this is an important reason to have him around.

Not sure how serious you are, but it's mostly for the name pun.
Juju gets into some bad situations because he's a goddamn idiot.
I guess your right about that at least.

OK so now i may as well ask this as well. I'm thinking about doing a 100% playthough of Xenoblade chronicles and I KNOW for a fact that I can't do it by myself, so I'm asking you guys for help with this 100% playthough. Pretty much anything will be helpful to me because I don't usually do 100% playthoughs of any game and this is by far the biggest game I've ever played with hundreds of like everything in this game. Nothing YouTube please I'd rather not be dying by the time I'm done with this. Things that I know will help me a lot will be like a quest list that tells me the best order to do them, prerequisites, where the people are that give the quests are, pretty much anything. Though I can understand if no one wants to help because even helping someone with this kinda thing is a lot of work. If anyone helps I thank you in advance.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I guess your right about that at least.

OK so now i may as well ask this as well. I'm thinking about doing a 100% playthough of Xenoblade chronicles and I KNOW for a fact that I can't do it by myself, so I'm asking you guys for help with this 100% playthough. Pretty much anything will be helpful to me because I don't usually do 100% playthoughs of any game and this is by far the biggest game I've ever played with hundreds of like everything in this game. Nothing YouTube please I'd rather not be dying by the time I'm done with this. Things that I know will help me a lot will be like a quest list that tells me the best order to do them, prerequisites, where the people are that give the quests are, pretty much anything. Though I can understand if no one wants to help because even helping someone with this kinda thing is a lot of work. If anyone helps I thank you in advance.
At the very least, I'd advise looking up:
  • Timed Quests (so you don't progress too far in the story by mistake)
  • Mutually exclusive quests (taking one will cancel the ability to take the other)
  • Who to send to Colony 6 (some will not go if certain others are there)
  • Depends on what you call "100%", but Unique Monster for the Affinity Coins, and where they're found (so you don't miss any from areas that are lost)

Top Bottom