• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Character DLC? What? Are they gonna give us Link as a party member or something?
From the article, it seems the DLC characters are new, legitimate X characters, just as DLC. They each get three new quests that will unlock them and new Skells as well.

I really don't understand the issue with Day 1 DLC...? Can someone please enlighten me?
Most people don't like the idea of developers releasing an unfinished game, then immediately releasing the rest as paid DLC. Though this case isn't that bad, just some new characters and quests, if you want them.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm replaying Xenoblade and Melia just joined my party. Eeeee so exciting

Anyways, I think character and quest DLC would be a great way to make X last for longer, but the day one part kind of bothers me.
I really don't understand the issue with Day 1 DLC...? Can someone please enlighten me?
Most people don't like it because since it's day 1, they might as well have put it in the game instead of releasing an "unfinished" game. This hasn't ever really been an issue with Nintendo though, so I'm curious to see how they'll handle it.

oh :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
I actually never bought a single piece of DLC in my entire life. I even bailed on Mewtwo because I was like, "he's probably not that good so whatever"

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well, I don't think the DLC is even that bad. It's just a couple of quests over a 300 HOUR GAME. They probably had to add it as DLC anyway, because remember, they had a ton of trouble getting Xenoblade X to even fit on a single disk. The game isn't unfinished, and they likely started working on it after development of the game. This game has been finished for a while, they just delayed the release date for Golden Week.
Sigh.... I've got off to watch Derricks stream for Xenoblade.......... What has this world come to... At least it's only the first 6 hours of a 300 hour game....

Regardless of how good the DLC looks, I'll probably not buy it though. I'll just enjoy the game for what it is when I play it

D

Deleted member

As long as this DLC has little to no relation to the main story and the base game is worth the $60 price tag, I'm not too concerned.

That being said, day one DLC for $60 retail games does unsettle me. Sure, I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't fit all of the content on one disc, but I'm not going deny other possibilities. Heck, I'm shocked at the lack of Amiibo support since Nintendo has been extensively pushing that Skylanders-esque toy line.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
XenoX having day 1 DLC does indeed make sense considering what Lozjam said. If it's free, then no problems with anyone
I don't think it's free. I think it's more of a "oh... There's no possible way to fit this on disk. Well, we can just have some payed DLC, it doesn't really affect the game as whole."
I actually never bought a single piece of DLC in my entire life. I even bailed on Mewtwo because I was like, "he's probably not that good so whatever"
Not even MK8 DLC? Damn.... That was fantastic DLC, along with HW.

Anyway, as far as DLC I would really want to see. I would love it if they gave us new areas to explore(Maybe one of the moons of Mira, or a spaceship, or maybe the Prone's planet), and maybe some more classes.

D

Deleted member

Day 1 DLC?
I guess they did that just to release the game at its intended time rather than delay the game to include the DLC.
I'll only get the DLC if it peeks my interest. By that, I mean it's creative and adds a lot more to the game. I mean getting new unlocks is cool for sure, but I am looking for something like new areas or new characters, such as Shulk for example.

I love Mario Kart 8's DLC because it is essentially that; it adds new and creative courses as well as some new characters and karts. If we get something similar to that in Xenoblade X, then I will buy it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
To be honest, the interview with Sakurai explained a lot. I mean, he justifies the dlc pretty good.

But day 1? No. Completionist bonus, or expansion pack, any time! But day one DLC is just a big meh.

Edit: Also, Xenoblade X Live:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think the only game I've gotten paid DLC for is Flow (on iPhone)

and even then that was more like "oh yeah buy the full game"

anyway I'll probably end up getting some Sm4sh and XCX DLC

also I'm probably going to stay away from places where XCX stuff could be spoiled, which includes here.

See you when it releases, I guess

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think the only game I've gotten paid DLC for is Flow (on iPhone)

and even then that was more like "oh yeah buy the full game"

anyway I'll probably end up getting some Sm4sh and XCX DLC

also I'm probably going to stay away from places where XCX stuff could be spoiled, which includes here.

See you when it releases, I guess
I think you will be fine here, as almost no one here has the game, is not interested in spoilers, and will not spoil it even if they do know. We still keep Xenoblade spoilers under lock and key, and the same will remain for X.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Considering that the game is already filling a 25 gig disk about to the brim, I can't say I'm too mad about Day 1 DLC.
Now if it turns out the DLC is already on the disk, THEN my jimmies will be rustled.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Speaking of X...would people mind if I were to post a X picture with Cross wearing a funny outfit? I'm pretty sure its something you'll be able to get early on.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Urgh, to spoil or not to spoil myself, that is the question. I soooooooooooooooooooo badly want to find out how the plot goes down and if X is really connected to Xenoblade 1 besides just call backs. I probably will spoil, since, let's be honest, i'm not gonna be able to wait until August, lol. If it was June maybe, but im not waiting until im about to head back to school.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
If Lucas is unchanged though, I'm not expecting so much

Reason why Ness is so ridiculous is solely because his b-throw is full of skill. Without it, he'd drop like 20 spots or something.
As much as i hate to say this, it's too true. I don't see Lucas being much diff. from Ness in terms of MU Spread. He has a better PK Thunder for edge guarding, and arugably better PK Fire, and a tether, and his throws will probably be close to on par with Ness, but i'm sure B-throw won't be as OP. I think if he's not even with Ness, he'll be only 1 or 2 spots higher on a tier list, tops. Unless he somehow ends up worse, but i doubt it.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think I'll do Shulk's frame data next :secretkpop:

Edit: Does anyone have Monado standalone kanji pictures??????????????

important

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

?

better:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
mfw we give the same image

is there even a way to get those though?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think I'll do Shulk's frame data next :secretkpop:

Edit: Does anyone have Monado standalone kanji pictures??????????????

important
Welcome to Bionis! Come, join us. I am merely a lowly villain. I used to be the greatest villain in Hyrule! Yet,without Zelda Wii U to talk about, I was thrust into a lapse of power, a rough transition I must say. Yet these poor old saps took me in! They taught me their own ways of fighting, and how to supplement with my own. Perhaps it is because Shulk shares many qualities with Ganondorf...
Yet anyway. Welcome! I look forward to cracking your body like a shell once I get my strength back! Until then, we can have these little chats as well. Of course, a combination of grapes, cheese and crackers are always available, and I am very intrigued by the thoughts of "humans". So don't be afraid to stop and say hello!

Top Bottom