• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
It isn't information from Monolith Soft this time, but it is interesting nonetheless; A Final Fantasy XV developer decided to speak his mind of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X, ultimately leading to praise for what the elite team at Monolith Soft has already accomplished and is going to accomplish with the Xenoblade series. He goes on to say that he is excited to play it for himself, and that friendly competition is always a good thing (which I do agree with, though major console-war fanboys unfortunately don't understand that there can be two good games of the same genre at the same time. . .). Anyway, if you'd like to check it out, here's the link.

Last edited:
I've been ignoring the stupid console war since forever. Some comments and forums solely about console wars make my eyes burn.

Despite the unknown release dates, I'm hyped for both games.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I've been ignoring the stupid console war since forever. Some comments and forums solely about console wars make my eyes burn.

Despite the unknown release dates, I'm hyped for both games.
console wars is a cancer of gaming, they are the reason I don't read comments on gaming related videos, on another note I wonder what Shulk did with the monado after his adventure? Will be open up the monado and make Monado hybrids like the one he have in smash?

swordsman09

Smash Journeyman
NNID
swordsman09
console wars is a cancer of gaming, they are the reason I don't read comments on gaming related videos, on another note I wonder what Shulk did with the monado after his adventure? Will be open up the monado and make Monado hybrids like the one he have in smash?
I thought he destroyed the three when he created that new universe.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So, i saw this on the amiibo general thread:

I need this in my life.

Also, after watching Chuggaa wrap up Agniratha, i watched a bit of Mechonis Core...
HOLY FREAKING **** THINGS ARE CRAZY. I am so confused right now, and its so complicated, oh my god. The Monado = Zanza? And...Arglas? I feel like that could've been explained better.

Also, Zanza was Shulk's soul? O_o He wasn't just co-existing with Shulk's soul. I'm so lost right now. My friend told me to stop when "Zanza/Shulk" took out Egil, and i did. I cant wait for Chuggaa to catch up to this.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d. DANG IT ERICO.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The worst is that Kirby can stall out Shulk's arts by floating. Jump Kirby is the dumbest stall in Smash. You think it's hard to pin down Sonic? You're never touching Jump Kirby unless he let's you.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You can't really tell from the picture, but I think his face might've been fixed up since we saw it last. At least slightly. I don't know, I can barely see it. I'm pumped for it anyways, I have it fr pre-order! >w<

The worst is that Kirby can stall out Shulk's arts by floating. Jump Kirby is the dumbest stall in Smash. You think it's hard to pin down Sonic? You're never touching Jump Kirby unless he let's you.
This sounds beautiful in doubles~

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The only things that could save me against monado Kirby were the giant sword's range and the fact that hyper smash shulk is arguably broken.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Even then, Kirby is small enough to get out of range if he uses the Strawberry Cake's powers (yes I'm going to start calling his Monado the Strawberry Cake). Speed is especially fun, cause I can just slide in with D-Tilt to avoid some of Shulk's moves.

Also, as you've said, Hyper Arts are basically useless when I can stall them all out...

Guys, we need to get some patches to Strawberry Cake Kirby to give his recovery options insane range in Jump like Air Slash! Who's with me?!

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Even then, Kirby is small enough to get out of range if he uses the Strawberry Cake's powers (yes I'm going to start calling his Monado the Strawberry Cake). Speed is especially fun, cause I can just slide in with D-Tilt to avoid some of Shulk's moves.

Also, as you've said, Hyper Arts are basically useless when I can stall them all out...

Guys, we need to get some patches to Strawberry Cake Kirby to give his recovery options insane range in Jump like Air Slash! Who's with me?!
Nobody. Nobody is with you.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have to share this with you guys cause it's just too freaking funny.
HungryBox is such a freaking joker and D1 looks like he just made the worst mistake of his life.:joyful:

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I was waiting to register all of my games with club nintendo, but then I saw this:
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

Yep, time to register them all. It's time for me to dig through every game I've bought in the last 6 years and register it. I'm going to have so many coins...
I advise you all do the same since you won't be able to do anything with your club nintendo codes after March 31. Coins don't have to be spent until late June, however.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I was waiting to register all of my games with club nintendo, but then I saw this:
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

Yep, time to register them all. It's time for me to dig through every game I've bought in the last 6 years and register it. I'm going to have so many coins...
I advise you all do the same since you won't be able to do anything with your club nintendo codes after March 31. Coins don't have to be spent until late June, however.
They better have something good for us in February. The rewards they have of late is kind of... disappointing.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
At least they gave us Smash posters. They look great in real life. <3

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
At least they gave us Smash posters. They look great in real life. <3
My Palutena one kept falling off the wall and I had to keep reapplying the tape so now it's got creases and the corners are messed up

But yeah they're pretty great

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
My Palutena one kept falling off the wall and I had to keep reapplying the tape so now it's got creases and the corners are messed up

But yeah they're pretty great
My brother gifted me a Shulk poster that uses the Smash Bros artwork. He also got me a frame to hang it in. It's huge o.o. I think he got it from redbubble, but it got taken down some time after he paid for it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I wish they gave us all of the artwork as posters. D:
But man that would cost a lot of coins.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The Xenoblade X website updated once again http://xenobladex.jp/
From what I can tell, we've got two new characters and another one of "Riki's Adventures" as I'm dubbing them.
Unfortunately I can't read Japanese and Google Translate is not the best.

I think we've seen the buff guy before, is he a party member?
Also the rifle girl looks like she could be descended from Shulk maybe? I only say this because of the hair, but that is a pretty good resemblance.

EDIT: You can actually see the names of the party members in English. The buff guy is named Van Damme, seems to be the reincarnation of Vangarre who iirc is a reincarnation himself of characters in Xenogears and Xenosaga

The rifle girl is named Irina.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
The Xenoblade X website updated once again http://xenobladex.jp/
From what I can tell, we've got two new characters and another one of "Riki's Adventures" as I'm dubbing them.
Unfortunately I can't read Japanese and Google Translate is not the best.

I think we've seen the buff guy before, is he a party member?
Also the rifle girl looks like she could be descended from Shulk maybe? I only say this because of the hair, but that is a pretty good resemblance.

EDIT: You can actually see the names of the party members in English. The buff guy is named Van Damme, seems to be the reincarnation of Vangarre who iirc is a reincarnation himself of characters in Xenogears and Xenosaga

The rifle girl is named Irina.
Still can't tell if little Monado Girl here is a Homs yet. A young engineer who helped develop the Dolls, at the age of 13.
A rough translation with my limited Japanese knowledge for the sentence at the bottom of her page.
"I am Linley Ku, 13 years old. I am doing something as a mechanic for Blade!"

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I don't believe we've seen the girl until now, which is pretty cool. I'm pretty sure Van Damme is a party member since Elma, Lynlee, and Tatsu have been revealed on the website. 3/5 of the charactersc on the website confirmed to be playable is a good sign. I don't think Van Damme and Irina would be on the website if they weren't party members unless they were extremely important NPC's.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I don't believe we've seen the girl until now, which is pretty cool. I'm pretty sure Van Damme is a party member since Elma, Lynlee, and Tatsu have been revealed on the website. 3/5 of the charactersc on the website confirmed to be playable is a good sign. I don't think Van Damme and Irina would be on the website if they weren't party members unless they were extremely important NPC's.
Van Damme could be a D!ckson expy or something. That would be important enough to put on the site.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Van Damme could be a D!ckson expy or something. That would be important enough to put on the site.
Pretty sure Van Damme is a Vangarre expy. The names are similar and iirc Vangarre himself is an expy of characters from Xenogears and Xenosaga, so they could be continuing the trend.

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
That awkward moment when using Jump Art for off-stage play...but it times out at the worst possible moment...

That's right... I had the advantage, and I lost the match because of that blunder...

For the record, I played the 3DS version.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Here are the character profile translations (in English) for Van Damme and Irina. I find it surprising how Van Damme is of a more sarcastic personality, and Irina is of a dutiful one. . . That being said, I do believe that these two will both be playable characters in the game (kind of a safe feeling, I would say). This game is going to be excellent. I am going to dread having to avoid the abundance of information and spoilers until it is later on released in North America.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Gonna call it right now, Van Damme's gonna be the new Reyn, except less of a naive teen. "Now it's Damme time!"

Also, Van Damme could be a Di*kson expy. I mean, both have bad words in their names.
D*** and D**n. : P Inb4vandamme's a traitor too.

Anyway, given all the intense plot and epicness going down at Mechonis Core, if things get even more better and complicated/epic than it is right now, Xenoblade might just blow Mother 3 right out of the water as my favorite RPG ever made. Maaaaaaaaybe. IDK how Xenoblade Chronicles X is gonna top the prequel in terms of story, or even match it, but i hope it does.

Speaking of X, i noticed somethign interesting on the wikipedia page for Xenoblade Chroncles X:

Takahashi suggested that the game would feature a 'deep' and distinctive sci-fi story compared to its predecessor's 'basic' fantasy story, and stated that he asked Tanaka for his cooperation to bring out the "Xeno-ness" in the game's character designs.[23] On December 4, Takahashi tweeted that after 15 years since the founding of Monolith Soft, he finally felt he had successfully created an RPG in which humans and robots could co-exist, a long held vision of his.[24]

I dont ever remember him saying that second part before now. Does that mean we're gonna get something similar to the Mechon in X? Could the alien threat trying to annihilate the humans be robotic?

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Van Damn
Gonna call it right now, Van Damme's gonna be the new Reyn, except less of a naive teen. "Now it's Damme time!"

Also, Van Damme could be a Di*kson expy. I mean, both have bad words in their names.
D*** and D**n. : P Inb4vandamme's a traitor too.

Anyway, given all the intense plot and epicness going down at Mechonis Core, if things get even more better and complicated/epic than it is right now, Xenoblade might just blow Mother 3 right out of the water as my favorite RPG ever made. Maaaaaaaaybe. IDK how Xenoblade Chronicles X is gonna top the prequel in terms of story, or even match it, but i hope it does.

Speaking of X, i noticed somethign interesting on the wikipedia page for Xenoblade Chroncles X:

Takahashi suggested that the game would feature a 'deep' and distinctive sci-fi story compared to its predecessor's 'basic' fantasy story, and stated that he asked Tanaka for his cooperation to bring out the "Xeno-ness" in the game's character designs.[23] On December 4, Takahashi tweeted that after 15 years since the founding of Monolith Soft, he finally felt he had successfully created an RPG in which humans and robots could co-exist, a long held vision of his.[24]
I dont ever remember him saying that second part before now. Does that mean we're gonna get something similar to the Mechon in X? Could the alien threat trying to annihilate the humans be robotic?
Hm..
The Machina still are living in harmony with them humanoids like Shulk had wished?

D

Deleted member

Still can't tell if little Monado Girl here is a Homs yet. A young engineer who helped develop the Dolls, at the age of 13.
A rough translation with my limited Japanese knowledge for the sentence at the bottom of her page.
"I am Linley Ku, 13 years old. I am doing something as a mechanic for Blade!"
If she was a Homs and was an engineer at 13, it could be possible that she is a descendant of Shulk. She would love machines as much as he does and it would explain the Monado hair-pin.

That awkward moment when using Jump Art for off-stage play...but it times out at the worst possible moment...

That's right... I had the advantage, and I lost the match because of that blunder...

For the record, I played the 3DS version.
Don't worry, I sometimes completely mess up my off-stage game with Shulk.
I've actually died because I did a down aerial and fast-fell.

I bet they'll make him say that just to reference "Reyn time!" But, I doubt that Van Damme will be as hammy as Reyn is.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
If she was a Homs and was an engineer at 13, it could be possible that she is a descendant of Shulk. She would love machines as much as he does and it would explain the Monado hair-pin.

Don't worry, I sometimes completely mess up my off-stage game with Shulk.
I've actually died because I did a down aerial and fast-fell.

I bet they'll make him say that just to reference "Reyn time!" But, I doubt that Van Damme will be as hammy as Reyn is.
That's the only real reason i see N-air as bad to use off stage. The animation is so long for an aerial that you'll die if you fast fall using it off the edge. At least with F-air if you fast fall you can stop yourself quickly with a jump because the animation's quick enough.

That could make sense. Although, im still rooting for that mysterious blonde/green eyed boy we saw in an earlier trailer being Shulk's descendant. I'm sure we'll see him again.

Lol, yeah, same here.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Van Damme it! This thread completely fell off my radar.

The game is definitely going to have Xenoblade references but it will be depend whether they will be just references or actual links to its predecessor.

Having the mechanic girl as a descendent of Shulk sounds possible. Or she might just be a reference again.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I have to share this with you guys cause it's just too freaking funny.
HungryBox is such a freaking joker and D1 looks like he just made the worst mistake of his life.:joyful:
Wait, i didn't catch it....What did he spoil? A new game for Apex? Or is it that Mewtwo would be playable at Apex...

Top Bottom