• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

I know we love Nintendo and all that, but you guys have to admit that they're capable of being really stupid and their decision making is horrible. I mean, seriously. It's really dumb. Naming of the *new* 3DS, the Wii U, the advertising for the Wii U, everything about the Wii U and 3DS's launch, region locking, their STUPID gripe with let's plays

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I know we love Nintendo and all that but you guys have to admit, they're capable of being really stupid and their decision making is horrible. I mean, seriously. It's really dumb. Naming of the *new* 3DS, the Wii U, the advertising for the Wii U, everything about the Wii U and 3DS's launch, region locking, their STUPID gripe with let's plays
Nintendo is like that one friend who just does a ton of awesome **** and then takes it too far and you're just like "no bad idea other ideas were great that one sucks."

Like Nintendo is like: "HELL YEAH GONNA BUY EVERYONE I KNOW ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!!"
You: "OH HELL YES GREAT IDEA NINTENDO!!!"
The big N: "THEN WE'RE GONNA ALL GO SKYDIVING!!!"
You: "YES YOU ARE AWESOME!!!"
Nintendo: "BUT WITHOUT PARACHUTES!!!!"
You: "Wait what."
Nintendo: "INTO THE OCEAN WITH 400,000 LIMITED EDITION AMIIBOS AND THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS!!!!"
You: "Nintendo stahp."

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm sick of For Glory. Every leggy match I have, it clears up perfectly after I take my first stock. :glare:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo is like that one friend who just does a ton of awesome **** and then takes it too far and you're just like "no bad idea other ideas were great that one sucks."

Like Nintendo is like: "HELL YEAH GONNA BUY EVERYONE I KNOW ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!!"
You: "OH HELL YES GREAT IDEA NINTENDO!!!"
The big N: "THEN WE'RE GONNA ALL GO SKYDIVING!!!"
You: "YES YOU ARE AWESOME!!!"
Nintendo: "BUT WITHOUT PARACHUTES!!!!"
You: "Wait what."
Nintendo: "INTO THE OCEAN WITH 400,000 LIMITED EDITION AMIIBOS AND THERE WILL BE NO SURVIVORS!!!!"
You: "Nintendo stahp."

Pretty sure I don't have a friend like that. :p

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Xenoblade Chronicles X information; Not much, but some art and information on the character "Ru" (which is probably going to be translated as "Lu" instead, but whatever (I like his design). Also some information on Gamepad H.U.D. icons and stuff. . . Give it a read.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You need to get crazier friends.
Well there is an age gap between you and I so...
Is it me or is some elements of Xenoblade X remind me of Knights of the Old Republic
Not at all. I even thought that about the Original. In fact I got one of my best friends interested in Xenoblade only because of the similarities between the two.

Last edited:

Xantis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xantis
Hi all!!! I am a new player in this forum, but I will introduce myself: 18 years, my first smash bros is Brawl,
I have an intermediate level in the wii U game, but I still get better. This game is my 2nd favorite game, first is Xenoblade Chronicles, and I waiting the second game... :'(
So my favorite character is Shulk ^_^
GOOD GAME ALL!!!
Main: :4shulk::4sonic::4lucario:, secondaire: :4myfriends::4zss::4palutena::rosalina::4link:, and for fun: :4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4marth::4mario::4kirby::4littlemac::4ness::4samus: (many characters, excuse me...)

Last edited:
Hi all!!! I am a new player in this forum, but I will introduce myself: 18 years, my first smash bros is Brawl,
I have an intermediate level in the wii U game, but I still get better. This game is my 2nd favorite game, first is Xenoblade Chronicles, and I waiting the second game... :'(
So my favorite character is Shulk ^_^
GOOD GAME ALL!!!
Welcome to the Shulk boards and welcome to SWF :)

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Question to everyone here - with the Xenoblade Chronicles X information, I recall that there was apparently some kind of 'lone hero' who gave their life to help the White Whale escape relatively unharmed, before it crashed on Mira. I have seen various people talking about it and I know this information apparently came out of the E3 Treehouse gameplay.
Does anyone have a solid source on this?
I was telling a friend who is also keeping on top of XCX info and she'd not heard of this. Some kind of translation would be great. But the more and more I look for this information, the more I find that it's relatively thin and I'm beginning to think it's an assumption that was made based on video footage.

I'm sick of For Glory. Every leggy match I have, it clears up perfectly after I take my first stock. :glare:
Ugh... I had a horrible match the other day. I was wrecking this guy's Yoshi with my Shulk, so I decided to swap to Palutena (my #2, for now.) He won the match in well under 30 seconds. Straight away he dash-attacks and lands a lucky spike because my dodge lagged. Since I'm at a low% it didn't kill me - though trying to line up below the ledge lagged and resulted in me up-B'ing into the bottom surface of the stage. Came back on, hit each other back and forth for a bit and he lands a damn footstool and kills me.

I'm living in Australia, which makes it a little difficult to get nice-speed matches - partly because of the distance from Europe and US, and partly because our government is living 30 years back when it comes to technology. Since there are many more players overseas than locally, I often get paired up with players in Japan. Only slightly better than speeds with US/EU, but it's as good as I'm going to get. Problem is, I spend about 3-4 minutes before every single match waiting for someone because every player comes online and then leaves. I'm not sure of the reason, but I expect it's the JP players seeing an English name and leaving because of expected lag. And about 20% of the matches I have on FG 1v1, the match will begin and at the slightest hint of lag, the other player SDs to end the match and leaves. I understand the reason, but still... guys... I can't help it :( I just wanna play Smash with people.

I'm mystified at how With Friends seems to get better speeds than With Anyone. In my experience, anyway.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
For me, For Glory is only worth playing on the Wii U. 3DS lags like crazy and it's not even a good console to practice on anyways

D

Deleted member

So, I've just checked the Xenoblade cover plates for the regular N3DS in Japan...

And man, I really feel sorry for you, American and Canadian buddies, for not having the regular N3DS for such stupid-*** reasons like "it would make confusion for customers", like it wasn't already the case.

Many people ask for Iwata's retirement, but I rather think Fils-Aimé should stop to abuse of his charisma.
It will soon no longer help him to escape from players' incomprehension and frustration (unless it's Iwata who is in charge of the N3DS marketing, if so, please excuse me for my lack of information).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I want to get a New 3DS, but I don't want to get the XL. I like the regular 3DS since I can fit it in my pocket; I can't do that with that giant thing.
Who's bright idea was it to not bring the small New 3DS here? Let alone not have it be bundled with a charger? Or even who created the name itself? (Nintendo needs a better naming team)

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I want to get a New 3DS, but I don't want to get the XL. I like the regular 3DS since I can fit it in my pocket; I can't do that with that giant thing.
Who's bright idea was it to not bring the small New 3DS here? Let alone not have it be bundled with a charger? Or even who created the name itself? (Nintendo needs a better naming team)
I can answer one of those - reason given for separate charger is that it making it separate reduces the unit cost. That one's an alright idea in my opinion.

The rest are dumb. I can't even find a practical reason to do those. With Nintendo's naming convention, the only shred of logic I can think of is that DS itself has become like a brand, and so associating it with the 3DS and now New 3DS holds on to the reputation of the well-known DS. Would explain Wii -> Wii U, too. That said, just because it's a reason, it doesn't mean there aren't better solutions. It's confusing as hell to 'the average person', who DS and Wii sold well to.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Got beaten to it by five minutes. Cue America crying. And me crying, because I bought my N3DSXL about 5-6 days ago, I freaking knew this would happen.

Hey, I have said it at the beginning.
"The only reason why I'd buy a New 3ds would be, if they have a decent limited edition. Xenoblade will come out soon, so I'll get this one probably... since they probably never release a majoras one."
Then I saw my errors. And bought the Majoras Mask 3ds.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Personally two of my favorite tracks that I never see mentioned anywhere are Prologue B and Crisis. I love how Main Theme is incorporated into Prologue B (same with how Mechanical Rhythm is there in Irregular Bounce, although there I feel like it's kind of saying "you could have had this awesome track if you spotted them first"), and... I don't really know why I like Crisis. It just does its job so well, and I like the random scales thrown in there that add to the panic.

And now the eternal struggle unfolds - Do I import a European n3DS for Monado faceplates or wait for a Xenoblade-themed n3DS XL?
I don't have the money to import anyway

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Guys...

We have a problem.
I admit that I didn't realize they were actually playing something instead of random notes until like halfway through the video.

And I still don't know what it was XP Actually I do, but I guess it was just played so badly that my brain refused to believe it ._.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Playing Shulk and then going to other characters like "Why can't I hit you from halfway across the stage?"

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
It took me 100 pages to get here for a couple of reasons.

The first is that I was so busy with the game when it came out that I neglected SWF for months.
The second is that I wasn't sure who I was going to main for awhile. I wanted to try out the entire cast and pick the one I liked the best.

And I settled on Shulk.

-Love his playstyle and technical demand.
-Also having standards that consume the entire stage looks bada** as all hell.
-And then there's the plethora of KO options, the extreme versatility, the monado attributes, the excellent game of origin and the -memorable voice acting.
-Shulk is that cool, unexpected character that is so interesting to use that he stands out above the rest, at least for me, just like Brawl Wolf.
-I also enjoy how he is like Ike (a character I also enjoy very much in this game) while not being TOO MUCH like Ike. He is his own animal.
-He also has one of my favorite meteors, the most insane smash attacks, my absolute favorite damage racking in Buster, fulfills my need for speed in Speed mode, keeps up with Yoshi, Jiggs, Villager and Rosa in the air (something that irks me about trying to chase them down with others) in Jump, and has the sweetspotted Back Slash, one of the most gratifying kills in the game, especially after a B-throw if the opponent fails to change direction in time.
-Surviving hits til 200% and watching my friends rage when I'm in shield is hilarious.
-Vision is the coolest counter. Love socking JH-ing Little Mac's with it.
-Nair is love, nair is life. Seriously, is there any spot this move CAN'T hit? I seriously think an opponent on another plane of existence will still get hit by this.
-Its always Shulk time.
-Whenever I play teams with my equally skilled brothers, I am always the KO mvp. No one KO's like Shulk.
-Seriously, not even Ganon. He's got more power but he doesn't have dat range.
-Sweet victory theme remix of You Will Know Our Names.
-You Will Know Our Names gets me pumped every time.
-Buster is seriously so insane. I can't stress this enough. Against an opponent with poor reaction, it racks up over 100% in a few seconds.
-One does not simply approach Shulk.
-Monado is the coolest sword, hands down.

TL;DR I'm really feeling it, guys.

Edit: Thanks @KingBro1 for my 1000th like on SWF!

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Personally two of my favorite tracks that I never see mentioned anywhere are Prologue B and Crisis. I love how Main Theme is incorporated into Prologue B (same with how Mechanical Rhythm is there in Irregular Bounce, although there I feel like it's kind of saying "you could have had this awesome track if you spotted them first"), and... I don't really know why I like Crisis. It just does its job so well, and I like the random scales thrown in there that add to the panic.

And now the eternal struggle unfolds - Do I import a European n3DS for Monado faceplates or wait for a Xenoblade-themed n3DS XL?
I don't have the money to import anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnpPXJsN3E

Yeah, Prologue B doesn't get enough credit, it's really freaking good. I wish it'd play more often though, i think it gets overshadowed due to how little it's used in scenes.
Crisis is also good at racking nerves and doing its part. Its really well done regardless and i like it alot, although it's not typically one of my favorites. Xenoblade has so many good tracks, seriously. When Chuggaa finishes the LP, i'm gonna listen to the entire OST and pick out all the tracks i like/my favorites and put them in a playlist, seriously.

Speaking of Chuggaa...He's lagging behind in the videos. From what he said on twitter, he had enough time to upload up to episode 103 before Pax East if he posted one episode a day consecutively until then. Given that today was supposed to be episode 97, he seems to have only 6 days left to finish the story. It's taken him 4 days of editing/filming and he still hasn't finished Ep. 97, so he's REALLY behind now. Knowing Chuggaa, he's gonna push himself incredibly hard to get the story finished at the very least before PAX East, so i feel really bad for him. On the other hand, if he doesn't make the deadline...So many fans will rage at him in the comments for putting the LP on Hiatus for the third time in the course of this game, and that he wasn't able to upload the Final Boss battle and ending before that happens. I really feel sorry for him given the position he's in now.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
On the other hand, if he doesn't make the deadline...So many fans will rage at him in the comments for putting the LP on Hiatus for the third time in the course of this game, and that he wasn't able to upload the Final Boss battle and ending before that happens. I really feel sorry for him given the position he's in now.
I'm not really surprised that people would act like that (it's the internet), but... c'mon... complaining at LPers? In this case it seems incredibly ungrateful and demanding. Let him do what he wants with his channel...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnpPXJsN3E

Yeah, Prologue B doesn't get enough credit, it's really freaking good. I wish it'd play more often though, i think it gets overshadowed due to how little it's used in scenes.
Crisis is also good at racking nerves and doing its part. Its really well done regardless and i like it alot, although it's not typically one of my favorites. Xenoblade has so many good tracks, seriously. When Chuggaa finishes the LP, i'm gonna listen to the entire OST and pick out all the tracks i like/my favorites and put them in a playlist, seriously.

Speaking of Chuggaa...He's lagging behind in the videos. From what he said on twitter, he had enough time to upload up to episode 103 before Pax East if he posted one episode a day consecutively until then. Given that today was supposed to be episode 97, he seems to have only 6 days left to finish the story. It's taken him 4 days of editing/filming and he still hasn't finished Ep. 97, so he's REALLY behind now. Knowing Chuggaa, he's gonna push himself incredibly hard to get the story finished at the very least before PAX East, so i feel really bad for him. On the other hand, if he doesn't make the deadline...So many fans will rage at him in the comments for putting the LP on Hiatus for the third time in the course of this game, and that he wasn't able to upload the Final Boss battle and ending before that happens. I really feel sorry for him given the position he's in now.
Chuggaa says that the finale, or in other words conclusion of the story, will be episode 100. So Chuggaa still has Reyn Time

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Is it me or is some elements of Xenoblade X remind me of Knights of the Old Republic
Um, to be honest I don't get that vibe. True both of them are sci-fi/fantasy, with big maps, somewhat similar combat and having aliens but this is the first time I got that comparison.

It might just be me, but playing Xenoblade didn't really remind of Star Wars: KOTOR except the Monado having a lightsaber-ish blade. And I absolutely loved KOTOR (played it tons of times).

Xantis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xantis
I'm sorry, I can not know if there is a mandatory test to know the person level. there is one? if so, how's it going? There are many forums who ask it

Top Bottom