• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
both of those renders are awful
That doesn't mean that it's 100% fake. There are more of these 3DS leaks with these "awful" renders. Remember the leaks recently that was proven legit? If you know that, then you're probably getting the picture by now.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't mean that it's 100% fake. There are more of these 3DS leaks with these "awful" renders. Remember the leaks recently that was proven legit? If you know that, then you're probably getting the picture.
those renders are absolutely horrible. i seriously doubt either of them are making it in. (with those renders, anyway.)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Dark Pit and Dr. Mario...? Once the videos came out, I knew the leak had to be real, but Kid Icarus getting 3 reps seems a little much for me, and Dr. Mario is just bleh. I'm excited for the characters I know won't be clones, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., Shulk, etc. But those 2 choices still bother me, if they are clones ala Lucina I'll be a little disappointed, but I know the game will still be good so meh.

Still hyped because due to All-Star mode being locked in those pictures, it means we can still get other cool new characters we don't even know about yet!
Like Krystal or King K Rool?

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
those renders are absolutely horrible. i seriously doubt either of them are making it in. (with those renders, anyway.)
Like I said, that doesn't mean it's 100% fake. You can judge the renders all you want, but those leaks still got potential in them. STILL got potential in them.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just saw the trailer, but really? Bowser of all people? Why not Ness since it was apparently Mother 2/EarthBound's birthday on the 27th. Plus, it'd tie in with Ness and Shulk being "gifted". Ness has PSI abilities and the Monado chose Shulk. Ness would wander around and Shulk would appear saying: "Need some help?" and they'd fight together.

Hell, have Wolf be the enemy. Wolf would hide somewhere, pop out, say: "Can't let you do that... Star... Fox?" while the butterfly flies by and then Shulk sends him skyward with a: "Well, that's a Star Wolf". Come on, it'd be comedy gold!

Anyway, Shulk's stance changes reminds me of Dante's Styles in Devil May Cry 3 and 4. Jump resembles Trickster, both of which allowed Shulk and Dante to access moves to travel quickly - higher jumps in Shulk's case and Dante had access to dashes, mid-air dashes, and a teleport. Speed resembles Trickster too, but more like Quicksilver which slowed down time for Dante while Speed well, speeds up Shulk. Shield resembles Royal Guard, but Shield seems like a tanking stance like in MMOs whereas RG was based on blocking or extremely powerful counters. Buster and Smash resemble Dante's Gunslinger and Swordmaster styles which gave Dante more moves to use with his guns and Devil Arms - basically it gave Dante more offensive capabilities.

DMC4 gave Dante the ability to switch on-the-fly and managing which Style you used is the key to mastering Dante. This is reason why Dante's much trickier to use than Vergil (DMC and DmC), Nero, Lucia, Trish, and DmC Dante who only had two stances which basically functioned as a weapon switcher.

Considering this, Shulk's probably a hard to master kind of character.

Last edited:

SonicN64

Banned via Warnings
Since Shulk is in Smash Bros 4, I hope Cloud from FF7 will be in the game.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Again, that could be Sakurai trolling us, but seriously there would be no incentive for people to buy the Wii U version if it has the same roster as the 3DS version, Sakurai should know that, and the leaked roster looks kind of crappy, and a crappy roster won't sell the game, I really think that there will be a bigger roster on Wii U, because of that, and besides the Wii U version would be dragged down by the mediocre 3DS version
You mean other than amazing graphics, special stages, and it's special content? Sakurai has stated that the 3DS will have smash run, while the Wii U will also have it's own special content. I'm guessing that the Wii U version will have more special content than the 3DS (not more characters), not to mention that you only need one Wii U to play the game with friends who don't have a nintendo console. If everything sakurai has stated is just him trolling us, the i guess shulk ISN'T actually in the game, just us getting trolled. You know what i bet Goku is going to be in the game BECAZE SAKURAI'S A BIG FRICKIN TROLL.... Just because he likes to tease us doesn't mean he's lying to us. We still don't know what special content will be in the Wii U, but i'm guessing we will get that info after the 3DS launch in order to give us something to think over while we wait.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Just saw the trailer, but really? Bowser of all people? Why not Ness since it was apparently Mother 2/EarthBound's birthday on the 27th. Plus, it'd tie in with Ness and Shulk being "gifted". Ness has PSI abilities and the Monado chose Shulk. Ness would wander around and Shulk would appear saying: "Need some help?" and they'd fight together.

Hell, have Wolf be the enemy. Wolf would hide somewhere, pop out, say: "Can't let you do that... Star... Fox?" while the butterfly flies by and then Shulk sends him skyward with a: "Well, that's a Star Wolf". Come on, it'd be comedy gold!

Anyway, Shulk's stance changes reminds me of Dante's Styles in Devil May Cry 3 and 4. Jump resembles Trickster, both of which allowed Shulk and Dante to access moves to travel quickly - higher jumps in Shulk's case and Dante had access to dashes, mid-air dashes, and a teleport. Speed resembles Trickster too, but more like Quicksilver which slowed down time for Dante while Speed well, speeds up Shulk. Shield resembles Royal Guard, but Shield seems like a tanking stance like in MMOs whereas RG was based on blocking or extremely powerful counters. Buster and Smash resemble Dante's Gunslinger and Swordmaster styles which gave Dante more moves to use with his guns and Devil Arms - basically it gave Dante more offensive capabilities.

DMC4 gave Dante the ability to switch on-the-fly and managing which Style you used is the key to mastering Dante. This is reason why Dante's much trickier to use than Vergil (DMC and DmC), Nero, Lucia, Trish, and DmC Dante who only had two stances which basically functioned as a weapon switcher.

Considering this, Shulk's probably a hard to master kind of character.
That jab at comedy was... funny but sad lol

Anyways, I'm with you on the whole Bowser thing. I wish they would have used a humanoid character instead of Bowser. Same goes with the poster.

Although the poster is beautiful, it irks me that they put Kirby instead of Link since Link and Marth were both attacking Shulk. I don't remember Kirby ever being part of that trailer. He also looks real out of place in that poster and that close to Shulk. So does Bowser for that matter.

Anyways, he looks real exciting to play as. I never played Xenoblade (although I really want to--the game is just too damn expensive), Shulk looks pretty awesome.

--On a side note, Nintendo should really make that game available for digital purchase = instant profit. They're not making any money with people selling their used copies anyways.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That jab at comedy was... funny but sad lol

Anyways, I'm with you on the whole Bowser thing. I wish they would have used a humanoid character instead of Bowser. Same goes with the poster.

Although the poster is beautiful, it irks me that they put Kirby instead of Link since Link and Marth were both attacking Shulk. I don't remember Kirby ever being part of that trailer. He also looks real out of place in that poster and that close to Shulk. So does Bowser for that matter.

Anyways, he looks real exciting to play as. I never played Xenoblade (although I really want to--the game is just too damn expensive), Shulk looks pretty awesome.

--On a side note, Nintendo should really make that game available for digital purchase = instant profit. They're not making any money with people selling their used copies anyways.
I think they were trying to play off Bowser as one of the enemies from Xenoblade but it didn't really work

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SO A ROSTER THAT HAS TWO CLONES AND A CHARACTER THAT NO ONE LIKES ISN'T PATHETIC?!!!!! Sorry about that, but seriously,I mean, did Sakurai ever say that both games would have the same roster from the beginning, no he didn't, and U meant like 2 or 3 roster specific characters like Wolf, Krystal or K Rool, that can be added to the 3DS version via the connectivity features, that way Sakurai could give REAL incentive for players to buy both, and by the way, his name is SAKURAI, not Samurai
The roster is fine so why don't you calm yourself down. And the roster is going to be the same on both the Wii U as well as the 3DS. Sakurai has mentioned that more on more than one occasion. At most, there could be additional characters on the Wii U version and then made available on the 3DS version as free DLC. We hardly know anything about the Wii U version and what kinds of features it will have so saying that the Wii U version isn't going to sell is ridiculous.

I would also like to remind everyone that while having leak discussion is not forbidden in the News comment sections, please keep in line with this most recent Shulk reveal and avoid discussing other leaks such as the Wolf/Impa leak.

Last edited:

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
I never played Xenoblade, but this makes me want to. THE LEAK IS REAL!!!
I shall now patiently await the when Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit are announced, along with Dr. Mario for good measure.

Bowser Jr.'s kinda meh to me.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Welcome to Sm4sh Shulk, congratulations to his supporters :D

Interesting, now we have a stance fighter and could add a lt of versatilty and depth to this game, the vital question is the cooldown in the change of Monado Styles...

Maybe I'm nitpicking but the trailer feel a little detached, Shulk doesn't really interact, and it could included a unrevealed veteran... Anyway, good trailer but not the best in the list

joomragre

Smash Cadet
I never played Xenoblade, but this makes me want to. THE LEAK IS REAL!!!
I shall now patiently await the when Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit are announced, along with Dr. Mario for good measure.

Bowser Jr.'s kinda meh to me.
I doubt dark pit will get a trailer since technically he made an appearance in the palutena trailer already

Commander DJ

Smash Rookie
NNID
CommanderDJ
3DS FC
4012-4139-0671
Although I've never played Xenoblade (and I plan to at some point), I'm super hyped to see Shulk in the game. He looks like a really fun character to play as.

Greenshortz

Smash Rookie
I really hope the ice climbers are dlc now that the leak is confirmed even thought I didn't really doubt it ... shulk looks really good, his model looked even better in game here than in the leak so that's good

Jay-Vonnie

Smash Rookie
YOU.

CAN'T

CONTAIN

the HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPE

For those complaining about the leak confirmation, consider this: we have at least 45 OTHER UNIQUE CHARACTERS who all play distinctly from each other, most other fighting games with a roster of 50 or more just tend to have only clones from 5 characters. (I'm looking at you dragon ball Z :glare:)

Do the Math: 3/49.. THREE out of FOURTY NINE.
(6 if you include T-link Falco & Ganon but c'mon thats still a huge difference)

Plus name another game where you have Mario, Sonic, Pac-man & Megaman, plus appearances by Rayman, All in the same game?? Whatever argument you have claiming that this is a bad roster is Invalid.

Yeah I thought some things where bullcrap like Dr. Mario being chosen over Wolf, BUT I DONT CARE ANYMORE CUZ THIS IS STILL GONNA BE THE GREATEST ****ING GAME EVER & I NEVER EVEN PLAYED A XENOGAME!!!!

(PS: See Feminiy's, you got your fan service as well. You now have the right to shut the **** up ;) )
Exactly man just enjoy the game and jump on the hype train already

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure I cried at one point.

Imagine how excited you would have been if there hadn't been the gematsu leak+last weeks leak and Shulk came out of left field. Thats the rogersbase reaction video I wanna see.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Imagine how excited you would have been if there hadn't been the gematsu leak+last weeks leak and Shulk came out of left field. Thats the rogersbase reaction video I wanna see.
I know this is completely off topic but your name reminded me of King K. Rool and then I started thinking about DK64 and nostalgia just distracted me for like 4 minutes.:laugh:

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
I know this is completely off topic but your name reminded me of King K. Rool and then I started thinking about DK64 and nostalgia just distracted me for like 4 minutes.:laugh:
I know that feel, you saying DK64 got me thinking about Banjo Kazooie and ima be humming Banjo songs all night

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
I'm just tired of people not shutting up about the leak. Hopefully this puts all to rest...

Seriously, I wish the leaker hadn't ruined the entire surprise of the game. I don't get how people aren't more angry about this...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, to hell with those leaks and to whoever it was responsible for leaking them. I don't give a damn if those things are as real as it gets or they're just pure boloney, it doesn't pull away my excitement I have for getting this game.

Oh...and Shulk looks amazing, by the way! His trailer was really something else too but it wasn't as epic as Robin/Lucina's trailer or even Rosalina's.

nintendoplayers101

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kaioken764
Shulk Confirmed! A Xenoblade character finally makes his debut in Smash history. I think it was a long time coming, but Nintendo's has a way of never disappointing, especially when it comes to Smash. Can't wait for this game! Nintendo... I love you, and I hope to get this game on its launch date for the Wii U. :)

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
Shulk Confirmed! A Xenoblade character finally makes his debut in Smash history. I think it was a long time coming, but Nintendo's has a way of never disappointing, especially when it comes to Smash. Can't wait for this game! Nintendo... I love you, and I hope to get this game on its launch date for the Wii U. :)
release for wii u is 12/31/2014

D

Deleted member

I'm just tired of people not shutting up about the leak. Hopefully this puts all to rest...

Seriously, I wish the leaker hadn't ruined the entire surprise of the game. I don't get how people aren't more angry about this...
I'm just glad the unlock requirements haven't been spoiled. I want to play through the game and try and earn characters blind.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
I really hope the ice climbers are dlc now that the leak is confirmed even thought I didn't really doubt it ... shulk looks really good, his model looked even better in game here than in the leak so that's good
Sakurai has stated that they have no plans for dlc. They might make plans for one after the games release, but it won't be released anytime soon. Besides, the person who leaked the roster stated that his pic is not the complete roster.

Top Bottom