• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

S. Knight

Smash Rookie
This video has gotten me extremely excited about Shulk! I LOVE the stance changes!!! Shulk and Robin for the win!

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
I'm gonna main Shulk and do a how yo video of his moves after I master him after release on Wii U.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Smashboards needs to update the sub-forum icon to properly display his render and not a question mark.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
But now that we know about dr mario and dark pit they were probably the unexpected unlockable characters because as shown in palutenas trailer he wasn't confirmed playable at that time and same may go for dr mario, although Lucina part of the clone crew (lol) got her own banner. But so far we only seen Shulk, ganon, and junior gameplay but, common now the leaks legit, speculation over, (except chorus kids)

SwiftOracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sponix03
Leak is real, woopty doo, just some people just didn't like following like things blindly.
Not everyone was following it blindly, a lot of people that were believers of the leak actually had reasons.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
how the hell could it even be a project m mod in the first place? why do people keep saying it is? in case you didn't notice, the 3ds has TWO SCREENS. of course the leaker didn't actually record it playing on a physical 3ds, probably on a computer, but it still does show the bottom screen. on top of this, the artwork is identical, and it's the same background color for shulk as well. the trailer even showcased a few moves we saw in the leak video, there's far too much evidence for it to be a brawl or P:M mod.
Okay maybe so, but I will not give up hope that Krystal may be Wii U exclusive, since I have a feeling Nintendo knows that there would be no incentive to buy each if both are the same games with the same roster, I think the Wii U will have a bigger roster than the 3DS version, doesn't it make sense that the Wii U version would be bigger when it comes to roster?

SwiftOracle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sponix03
Okay maybe so, but I will not give up hope that Krystal may be Wii U exclusive, since I have a feeling Nintendo knows that there would be no incentive to buy each if both are the same games with the same roster, I think the Wii U will have a bigger roster than the 3DS version, doesn't it make sense that the Wii U version would be bigger when it comes to roster?
Sakurai said the roster is the same on both platforms.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
>krystal
dropped

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sakurai said the roster is the same on both platforms.
Again, that could be Sakurai trolling us, but seriously there would be no incentive for people to buy the Wii U version if it has the same roster as the 3DS version, Sakurai should know that, and the leaked roster looks kind of crappy, and a crappy roster won't sell the game, I really think that there will be a bigger roster on Wii U, because of that, and besides the Wii U version would be dragged down by the mediocre 3DS version

Soul.

Oh hey, Shulk is now officially confirmed. He seems to be a unique character with the long range of his sword.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Again, that could be Sakurai trolling us, but seriously there would be no incentive for people to buy the Wii U version if it has the same roster as the 3DS version, Sakurai should know that, and the leaked roster looks kind of crappy, and a crappy roster won't sell the game, I really think that there will be a bigger roster on Wii U, because of that, and besides the Wii U version would be dragged down by the mediocre 3DS version
There are most likely going to be different modes on the Wii U and 3DS versions. Having characters exclusive to a platform would be a really stupid way of "trolling" and it isn't even a factor worth trolling about. Not only that, but by having platform exclusive characters, Sakurai would be isolating certain gamers that paid for the game on one system and not another, which is the last thing he would want.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
There are most likely going to be different modes on the Wii U and 3DS versions. Having characters exclusive to a platform would be a really stupid way of "trolling" and it isn't even a factor worth trolling about. Not only that, but by having platform exclusive characters, Sakurai would be isolating certain gamers that paid for the game on one system and not another, which is the last thing he would want.
Well Nintendo wants the game to sell and with a roster as pathetic as the leaked one, the game won't sell, well at least have free DLC for characters on Wii U, on day one, seriously though the leaked roster looks as crappy as Melee's was

JPW

Smash Ace
Riki and Dunban... but no REYN TIME?
I'm taking a guess Reyn could be an assist.

Anyway the leak ruined the surprise of this. So yeah. But OMG they sure do know how make an awesome trailer. I'm so hyped for Shulk. I loved his moves and i love how they implemented the monado and he looks like a really cool character.

Well Shulk isn't Japan only, Xenoblade was released in the US too. And I mean there's no region specific characters in Smash.
It was also released in Europe and Australia. In fact we didn't even have to do a petition/operation rainfall lol, it just came. But it kind of went under the radar, to know about it you had to of heard about it or been part of a niche group.

Last edited:

SonicN64

Banned via Warnings
Great, a another sword wielding character. How many do we need? Seriously, if they keep adding sword wielding characters, they better call the game 'Super Sword Bros."

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Great, a another sword wielding character. How many do we need? Seriously, if they keep adding sword wielding characters, they better call the game 'Super Sword Bros."
What? Out of 40 playable characters so far, only 9 are sword wielders. There are 31 characters who use fists or other weapons, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Oh and guys, I thought of something, Sakurai is reportedly very interested in using the Wii U and 3DS connection capabilities, so why not make console exclusive characters that could be transferred from Wii U to 3DS, using the connection capabilities of both platforms, *

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Well Nintendo wants the game to sell and with a roster as pathetic as the leaked one, the game won't sell, well at least have free DLC for characters on Wii U, on day one, seriously though the leaked roster looks as crappy as Melee's was
Roster is defiently not pathetic. The game is going to sell roster leak or not, and samurai isn't even thinking about doc until after release. Certain characters on certain platforms makes no sense, as the 3ds version is only using around 2 of the 6/8 available.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
This Probably doesn't belong here but I wasn't sure where to say it and I figure anyone on this thread would find it interesting, they added a pre-order link on the smash website and if you go to any of the links they say that the Wii U game will be released on 12/31/14. So if you were hoping that the gamestop employee leaks that claimed it would be released mid to late November then you might be dissapointed.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Roster is defiently not pathetic. The game is going to sell roster leak or not, and samurai isn't even thinking about doc until after release. Certain characters on certain platforms makes no sense, as the 3ds version is only using around 2 of the 6/8 available.
SO A ROSTER THAT HAS TWO CLONES AND A CHARACTER THAT NO ONE LIKES ISN'T PATHETIC?!!!!! Sorry about that, but seriously,I mean, did Sakurai ever say that both games would have the same roster from the beginning, no he didn't, and U meant like 2 or 3 roster specific characters like Wolf, Krystal or K Rool, that can be added to the 3DS version via the connectivity features, that way Sakurai could give REAL incentive for players to buy both, and by the way, his name is SAKURAI, not Samurai

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
i bet you would be excited it ganondorf wielded a sword this time around
SO A ROSTER THAT HAS TWO CLONES AND A CHARACTER THAT NO ONE LIKES ISN'T PATHETIC?!!!!! Sorry about that, but seriously,I mean, did Sakurai ever say that both games would have the same roster from the beginning, no he didn't, and U meant like 2 or 3 roster specific characters like Wolf, Krystal or K Rool, that can be added to the 3DS version via the connectivity features, that way Sakurai could give REAL incentive for players to buy both, and by the way, his name is SAKURAI, not Samurai
yes, he did. i don't have a source on him saying so, but at one point he did. also, i don't think the roster is pathetic. out of the 40 characters with 2 clones and a character nobody likes, that makes 3. 3 characters that you think are detrimental. that's less than a tenth. i think you're just angry because you're not getting krystal.

Last edited:

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
He did actually say that both games would have the same roster, I believe in the Smash Direct a while back

JPW

Smash Ace
The Roster is not pathetic. So we have clones. Big deal! Melee had clones too!. Smash 64 had clones. Brawl had clones. It's happened in every smash game.

But for newcomers we also have Megaman, Little Mac, Rosalina, Robin, Villager, Greninja, PacMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis, Palutena, all who are very unique and not clones. And seeing as the leak is very accurate this means we'll get Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog. Bowser Jr. already looked quite interesting with the clown thing, and Duck Hunt Dog how you make a moveset for him i can't wait to see.

Plus we have tons of old favourites returning. I swear at the end of it you wont even notice the clones are there. And you know there is a way to customise the characters so you can try and make them less cloney.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The Roster is not pathetic. So we have clones. Big deal! Melee had clones too!. Smash 64 had clones. Brawl had clones. It's happened in every smash game.

But for newcomers we also have Megaman, Little Mac, Rosalina, Robin, Villager, Greninja, PacMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Miis, Palutena, all who are very unique and not clones. And seeing as the leak is very accurate this means we'll get Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog. Bowser Jr. already looked quite interesting with the clown thing, and Duck Hunt Dog how you make a moveset for him i can't wait to see.

Plus we have tons of old favourites returning. I swear at the end of it you wont even notice the clones are there. And you know there is a way to customise the characters so you can try and make them less cloney.
It's undeserving characters like Dr/ Mario and Dark Pit that I am worried about

Nasser

Smash Rookie
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Sakurai did it

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
It's undeserving characters like Dr/ Mario and Dark Pit that I am worried about
we haven't even seen gameplay of either of those. chances are, dr. mario is a clone, however, think of that as an extra character. he's not taking up another character's space, but he's there. we also have no evidence to support dark pit being a clone

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Oh and guys, I thought of something, Sakurai is reportedly very interested in using the Wii U and 3DS connection capabilities, so why not make console exclusive characters that could be transferred from Wii U to 3DS, using the connection capabilities of both platforms, *
Hmmmmmmmm....

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ridley fans! We see Metal face's Shadow at the end of the trailer guess that means he's playable right? Sorry that was mean, it's just that the similarities between the only thing we've seen of Metal face and the only thing we've seen of Ridley struck me immediately

D

Deleted member

Very cool. I'm definitely going to give Shulk and Bowser Jr. a try.

Now give us back Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo :(

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
"Sakurai then posted an image and comment about Shulk's sowrd, the Monado..."

Typo in that sentence :ohwell: I'm probs not the first one to point that out though :/

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well Shulk isn't Japan only, Xenoblade was released in the US too. And I mean there's no region specific characters in Smash.
Well I know not right now there aren't. I thought it would be like Marth, Roy, and Lucas, where not many people knew them so they held them to be shown in the Japan only direct. I know Shulk isn't Japan only.

And for those talking about the roster, I personally think it's really bad. Like worse than I originally thought it'd be.

Last edited:

EdwardFire

Smash Rookie
Dark Pit and Dr. Mario...? Once the videos came out, I knew the leak had to be real, but Kid Icarus getting 3 reps seems a little much for me, and Dr. Mario is just bleh. I'm excited for the characters I know won't be clones, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., Shulk, etc. But those 2 choices still bother me, if they are clones ala Lucina I'll be a little disappointed, but I know the game will still be good so meh.

Still hyped because due to All-Star mode being locked in those pictures, it means we can still get other cool new characters we don't even know about yet!

Top Bottom