• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

Une

Smash Apprentice
It was goddamn amazing when Shulk said "Now it's Shulk time!"

x-Ace-x

Smash Cadet
NNID
x-Ace-x
I really can't wait to play Shulk. It's the one character I was waiting for since I played Xenoblade.

Once again, Sakurai delivered.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
I want a full size replica of his sword that I can carry with me to work that would be ****ing amazing

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I'm curious to know more about how switching between his Monado Arts will work.
I'm hoping you don't have to activate each one in order to get the one you want. Perhaps a secondary input where you push B, then depending on the next button you push it activates one. Or you quickly hit B to cycle without having to wait for an activation animation.

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
looks like a very nice addtion to the rooster, looks like there going to be alot of dept to his moves sets , Leak or not it nice seeing along with a 2015 remake for the 3DS

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Sorry if I don't trust a poorly made roster. I've seen better Photoshopping done by children. G&w's hand reaching into Wario's square, Wario's pic was from a snap shot of his trophy in the game, ganondof's was most likely the same or from the results screen. The placement of characters didn't make sense; dr Mario, dark pit, and lucina stick at the bottom for no reason, yoshi in the middle of the "Mario" characters. Think about it, why would sakurai place characters like that?
Not the delusional one or in denial. I merely look at what's placed before me and made my conclusion.

The full roster select screen is fake. Period.
The videos and other screen shots were used to make it.
Wow dude. Even when Shulk's artwork and movesets matches with the leak you still don't believe it. And that is just Wario's shoulder next to game in watch's hand. And you can't use character placement as an argument because it is potential that the roster changes as you unlock more characters, and the leaker has yet to unlock all stars, so this seems to be the case. Also, while I was on my Japanese 3DS, I found this:

If you have a problem with Yoshi being next to the Mario reps go talk to Sakurai.

Last edited:

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
I don't understand why so many people have commented on Yoshi being in the middle of the "Mario" characters on the leaked roster.....ummmm I know the dino has his own thing but the guy literally saved The whole gang as infants and has been in MANY Mario games. He is apart of the universe just like every other Mario character. :)

NNID
Majorasmask66
I don't understand why so many people have commented on Yoshi being in the middle of the "Mario" characters on the leaked roster.....ummmm I know the dino has his own thing but the guy literally saved The whole gang as infants and has been in MANY Mario games. He is apart of the universe just like every other Mario character. :)
Yes but smash has never treated him as such and according to the site, they wont in this one either, no matter whether you consider him to be a mario character or not. But apparently in melee pikachu was in between the mario characters when the full roster wasnt unlocked so this is most likley the case again.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
If you have a problem with Yoshi being next to the Mario reps go talk to Sakurai.
My sole issue with an otherwise flawless video game is that someone at Namco Bandai or Sora consciously put Yoshi in the middle of the Mario characters. :facepalm: It's not a big deal, but I remember defending Brawl's roster way back in elementary school when people were saying there were too many Mario characters. It's mildly irksome to see the thin distinction between Mario and Yoshi representation ignored entirely. But you get over it when you see all of the improvements made to Yoshi's character, as well as every other veteran in the game. Besides, with the wonderful inclusion of Bower Junior and the return of Doctor Mario, the argument that there aren't too many Mario characters no longer stands.

On a separate matter, I loved Shulk's trailer. Xenoblade is a series well-deserving of representation in Smash Bros., but I can't get over that scene after Shulk knocked Bowser out and said, "I'm really feeling it!" with the dopiest smile I've ever seen. It was hilarious!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Hey guys I just noticed something!

On the website there are about 7 character spots left to fill up.

so that must mean that there is still one more trailer or we have 7 unlock able characters

edit: so that means there is more characters from that stupid unreal leak

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hey guys I just noticed something!

On the website there are about 7 character spots left to fill up.

so that must mean that there is still one more trailer or we have 7 unlock able characters

edit: so that means there is more characters from that stupid unreal leak
The extra blocks don't mean they will all be filled. That is just the way the website was made. And after seeing Shulk's moveset/artwork, I doubt this leak is fake. Just look at the picture I posted above. That picture can be found (in 3D) on the Japanese EShop. I know this because I have a Japanese 3DS.

CarlGreenhat

Smash Rookie
Hm, thinking about the leaked footage, it seems that maybe his neutral B switches between the different powers of the monado...

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So your saying someone with a japanese 3DS could see that image and...iunno...take into photoshop and...iunno....alter it?

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
But hold on guys, this "leaker" is was some big wig at Nintendo, ya?

So whos to say this person got this picture early and, like I said, altered it for this leak

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
Yes but smash has never treated him as such and according to the site, they wont in this one either, no matter whether you consider him to be a mario character or not. But apparently in melee pikachu was in between the mario characters when the full roster wasnt unlocked so this is most likley the case again.
Fair enough my friend, never really noticed that myself but I can buy it. In the end I am just so dang excited to be playing this game, regardless of what order everyone is in on the roster lol!:seuss:

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
SO A ROSTER THAT HAS TWO CLONES AND A CHARACTER THAT NO ONE LIKES ISN'T PATHETIC?!!!!! Sorry about that, but seriously,I mean, did Sakurai ever say that both games would have the same roster from the beginning, no he didn't, and U meant like 2 or 3 roster specific characters like Wolf, Krystal or K Rool, that can be added to the 3DS version via the connectivity features, that way Sakurai could give REAL incentive for players to buy both, and by the way, his name is SAKURAI, not Samurai
The direct with the Greninja reveal, Sakurai said "Both versions with have the same characters"...

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Mewtwo wasn't in the leak, was it?
Different leak...kinda, I don't recall the full details since I'm tired at the moment and ought to go to bed, but either way, the leaked roster isn't the full roster, so there's a few more characters hidden. Mewtwo is the only veteran that wasn't cut (based on the cut/leaked image that had Mewtwo with a ? over him) so he's EXTREMELY likely to be one of them at the very least.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Random thing I noticed, Shulk's battle with Marth and Link in the trailer seemed to also be a battle of Red, Blue, and Green. Nice touch Smash Team.

Top Bottom