• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm very glad he got in. He looks like a very interesting and unique character. Even though I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles (I will on the 3DS). I'm still glad he got in. And now I'll admit, I was wrong about the ESRB leak. Shulk pretty much confirms it.
Why is Pac man and robin and Cpt Falcon starters?
That picture more than likely has characters unlocked. Theres no way 3rd party characters are starters.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Why is Pac man and robin and Cpt Falcon starters?
Because Robin is the player avatar of Awakening.

Why Pac-Man (and Mega Man and Sonic), I have no clue.

Captain Falcon...because he deserves it again. Ness, however, does not. (Quiet all of you, Ness is returning as well. He'll be revealed in due time.)

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
We've got some serious potential here - there are 2 fundamental things we must uncover;

1) If Shulk can cycle through all 5 forms in the same battle(which is most likely the case)
2) How fast Shulk can cycle through his 5 forms, if indeed he can use them all.

If both are true, Shulk can completely alter his characteristics based on the opponent. When wailed on, he could activate defense - when chasing down an enemy, especially a light-weight, speed. This makes Shulk potentially and theoretically a top tier 1v1 opponent, but in free for alls, with multiple enemies with different strengths, sticking to a certain stance would be suicide, so Shulk probably sucks in those environments.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
Well, HUGE middle finger to the leaker then, for pretty much ruining the surprises.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Did captain falcon just switch directions of his falcon punch after activating it? I don't remember that being in smash bros, but it looks cool if it's a new addition.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Ok the leak is 100% real no one can say a thing now every part of the leak even the horrible stage choices is true all I wanna know is that is this the final roster? I hope to god it's not I'll be fine with that duck dog garbage and the super clone team as long as they include the top 5 most requested wanted characters that are Mega Man Mewtwo Ridley King K Rool and Little Mac There 2/5 right now I pray that we get the other 3 along with Wolf seeing how he probably wasn't unlocked yet because just like in brawl it probably takes a lot to unlock him. Sadly I can't say the same about ice climbers because they were starter characters so u don't unlock them meaning because they weren't shown in the leaked roster they probably hit the big one. I for one saw 5 more spaces on the leaked character selection screen so I predict The last 5 characters are Wolf King K Rool Ridley Mewtwo and Chorus Men.

But does anyone know for certain that the leaked roster is not the FULL roster? I heard that Allstar mode wasn't unlocked with the roster they had so is this true?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
It's strange but if its on the official site I believe it. Thanks for posting this.
I apologize for my comment earlier but what I dont understand is that pretty much all the issues ppl have with the roster feel explained away by a couple things

- Gdubs hand doesn't pass over; follow the outline of his body and u can see it ends at the right place
- Yoshi has always been with the mario cast the only time he wasnt was simply due to CSS design brawl, however hes placed with the branched out mario characters in brawl.
- I dont think its odd the clone characters are together, though that clearly matter of opinion

- Its all was info collected from the same source that has been spot on in a myriad of ways

There's just so much evidence for the leak while little stands against it other than berating the artwork which clearly has some lighting issues. Also leak like this at this stage is exceptionally common; I cannot stress this enough. If it was awhile back then I could understand the skepticism but now that level of doubt signifies to me more of an emotional response more than anything.

There really isnt much of case against it. Do I think some people follow it blindly? Yes, but evidence is sky high on the leak side. Who knows though there's always a chance but such to occur at this point is highly improbable. I mean even from a psychological standpoint does it make sense for a leaker to jeapordize the legitimacy of his leak by adding a fake to a group of real renders and videos?

What would he gain? There's just too little intent and evidence.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I apologize for my comment earlier but what I dont understand is that pretty much all the issues ppl have with the roster feel explained away by a couple things

- Gdubs hand doesn't pass over; follow the outline of his body and u can see it ends at the right place
- Yoshi has always been with the mario cast the only time he wasnt was simply due to CSS design brawl, however hes placed with the branched out mario characters in brawl.
- I dont think its odd the clone characters are together, though that clearly matter of opinion

- Its all was info collected from the same source that has been spot on in a myriad of ways

There's just so much evidence for the leak while little stands against it other than berating the artwork which clearly has some lighting issues. Also leak like this at this stage is exceptionally common; I cannot stress this enough. If it was awhile back then I could understand the skepticism but now that level of doubt signifies to me more of an emotional response more than anything.

There really isnt much of case against it. Do I think some people follow it blindly? Yes, but evidence is sky high on the leak side. Who knows though there's always a chance but such to occur at this point is highly improbable. I mean even from a psychological standpoint does it make sense for a leaker to jeapordize the legitimacy of his leak by adding a fake to a group of real renders and videos?

What would he gain? There's just too little intent and evidence.
Apology accepted. Its cool man. When things don't look right, it's human nature to question it.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm not going to even mention the Leak. I don't care a bit about it at this point whether it's real or fake I just want people to stop talking about it.

Shulk's reveal is pretty nice. I like the look of all his a attacks and it looks like his neutral B is going to be a move that switches him between 'modes' where he'll get different boosts. I gotta admit, that's a unique and very interesting gimmick that I may have to try.

Also, I can't wait for the new 3DS and the Xenoblade Chronicles remake. I hope they make it to the states so I can buy them both. I always wanted to try that game but wasn't about to shill out 120 dollars or more for a used copy on the internet.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
That picture more than likely has characters unlocked. Theres no way 3rd party characters are starters.
Im pretty sure aside from lucina thats all the characters we've seen thus far no? Its probably the beta build to test characters etc.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Excuse me while I go bathe in de Nile...

Seriously though, until I have the game in my own two hands and can start a match with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. (or if they show up on the official site), I will remain unconvinced.

As for Shulk himself, there was a moment where I thought I heard him call out "Dunder!" Combined with the blonde hair and British accent, and I was all like: "Keyori in smash?"

Last edited:

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
That huge shadow at the end above the Gaur plains stage???!! Does that mean Metal Face is a boss??! But whenever Sakurai deconfirms a character, he does so explicitly... something fishy's going on. Why would Sakurai only reveal Metal Face's shadow without actually mentioning him by name?

Guys, Metal Face wasn't deconfirmed like your usual character. I think Sakurai's trying to tease us! Metal Face is going to be a playable character!!! But they're gonna have to resize him... he is a bit big.
It's been over five WHOLE hours since the Shulk reveal! Sakurai would never tease us for that long, that means Metal Face has to be playable!

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
It's been over five WHOLE hours since the Shulk reveal! Sakurai would never tease us for that long, that means Metal Face has to be playable!
Or a stage element/hazard, assist trophy, or adventure mode boss.

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
Once again I wasn't sure about the idea but Sakurai impresses me with his execution of it. Shulk looks great.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Apology accepted. Its cool man. When things don't look right, it's human nature to question it.
And I think you're absolutely doing so; from there try to pinpoint what it is. Sometimes its the world in itself sometimes its our own perception. We try to be as objective as possible and I know we both are trying to do that so thats the best we can do.

That being said..... There's no way all the characters shown up in the fit into that official screen that was given. Though I do believe that screenshot is beta build on traditional character unlocking smash and the fact its coincidentally has all the characters sans lucina that we've seen thus far.

Perhaps they'll do another row?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Mannnnnn Shulk is cool and all but would LOVE it if K. Rool was in Smash 4. I really want true grappler archetype. He would fit beautifully.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
Can't say I'm happy about that. Honestly and I am probably going to get flamed for this, but who gives a flying flip about Dr.Mario. You bring Dr.Mario over Mewtwo, a character a lot of people like MORE, even if he wasn't the best character from a competitive stand point? Are you joking me right now, I call bullcrap lol, and I don't even play with Mewtwo I just think he's a cool character.
The leaker said mewtwo is also in along with Dixie, Impa, Ridley, chorus Boys, and Mach riderrider

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Too much anime, but the larger Nintendo stable of characters, including silly retro ones (love Duck Hunt Dog) should outweigh it decently.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I don't know of anyone pinned this out yet, but did you notice Shulk said Snake's catch phrase "Showtime"?
He actually said "It's Shulk time!". There's a character in Xenoblade named Reyn who I think says "It's Reyn time!", so I think Shulk borrowed Reyn's phrase.

As for my opinion on this... EVERY YES I HAVE IN MY POSESSION

This is so awesome, he's definitely gonna be a main.

xman

Smash Cadet
In pretty sure nintendo could come up with a short series the way these trailers are effing epic

Top Bottom