• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
This does not confirm the leak, it confirms Shulk is in the game. The character select screen is complete crap, the person who made it obviously got a hold of official art work and that's it. The videos and other screen shots I will except.

I am excited to play as Shulk regardless though, he looks like a cool character.

On another note, was that DrEggman's voice at the end of the trailer or a character from Xenoblade with a similar voice to the Sonic villain?

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I was laying in bed this morning watching the Direct. Let's just say that after they announced Shulk, my wife kicked me out of bed and I had to go watch it in the living room... =)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm feeling the same way. I admit I was pretty jerky about the leak. I was one of the few that thought it was fake...no....Ice Climbers *falls into a state of depression*
Well, ICies, Wolf, and Lucas could still be unlockables, the leaked roster didn't show the full roster (one of the leaked shots shows All-Star mode locked, meaning not all characters have been unlocked) so hopefully that's what happens...

Final thing, anybody know who the heck that guy at the end of the trailer who said "Fancy meeting you here, Monado boy." I have 0 knowledge of Xenoblade.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anyone have an idea what the ending was about? I'm not familiar with the franchise personally.
That's the main antagonist for the first half of the series, Metal Face. He shows up in the beginning, kills Shulk's love interest, and is immune to the monado (which was a surprise since it only can't hurt humans) until Shulk unlocks its power further.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This does not confirm the leak, it confirms Shulk is in the game. The character select screen is complete crap, the person who made it obviously got a hold of official art work and that's it. The videos and other screen shots I will except.

I am excited to play as Shulk regardless though, he looks like a cool character.

On another note, was that DrEggman's voice at the end of the trailer or a character from Xenoblade with a similar voice to the Sonic villain?
It was Metal Face, a major villain in Xenoblade.
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Face

That's the main antagonist for the first half of the series, Metal Face. He shows up in the beginning, kills Shulk's love interest, and is immune to the monado (which was a surprise since it only can't hurt humans) until Shulk unlocks its power further.
Dude....spoilers! Not everyone here has played it.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Wait wait wait who the hell was that at the end?!

Damn cliffhangers!

EDIT: Oh wait, nvm

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I haven't played Xenoblade yet but I'm not gonna lie, this guy looks kinda cool now that I get to see more than what the leak showed which I think was just two moves.

Also not only does this confirm the leak for real, but this also proves one of the later claims, Shulk has 5 different styles here, that same list of claims included Dixie Kong as a playable character and the 7 Koopalings acting as Bowser Jr.'s colors so take that however you like.
Where did you hear this? I would LOVE for that to be true! Specifically the part about Dixie Kong... (She's my best friend's favorite character so I want her in Smash to make her happy.)

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Well this was a good day for Smash news (albeit spoiled news :troll:), Shulk looks effing awesome, but I have some questions:

1. Was there anything else of note in the direct? (or link to translated one if available)

2. What does this mean for everyone's favorite psychic type genetic clone, space pirate and uhhh.... Dixie Kong? (shut up, it's 8:30, I'm groggy and way too tired to start making up more character euphemisms and go back to analyzing the Ninka leak thread lol)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Also not only does this confirm the leak for real, but this also proves one of the later claims, Shulk has 5 different styles here, that same list of claims included Dixie Kong as a playable character and the 7 Koopalings acting as Bowser Jr.'s colors so take that however you like.
Part of that leak was intentionally faked in order to sniff out copycats. Specifically, I think the part about Dixie (and Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and the IC/Wolf/Lucas DLC) was all admitted fake. The Koopalings bit has a little more cred because in one of the screenshots we saw a trophy of Lemmy (or Larry, I always get their names mixed up) in the clown car.

He sounds so brittish in the english trailer, did he sound the same in Xenoblade?
Yep, the entire cast has a British accent. I keep meaning to go back and play more, but the item crafting wore me down... which sounds silly, in retrospect.

yeah what's with the underwear alt? Is that actually from the game itself or something? It would be really lame if this is just to have an underwear battle with ZSSamus :/

Nice shoes there :S
Yep, that's the (surprisingly expensive) bathing suit armor from the game. The title of the trailer 'Looks like we don't have a choice' is also a line frequently stated at the start of a battle in game.

Last edited:

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Where did you hear this? I would LOVE for that to be true! Specifically the part about Dixie Kong... (She's my best friend's favorite character so I want her in Smash to make her happy.)
He's mistaking them. The Ninka leak didn't contain any Dixie information.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Balancing beefcake from cheesecake. Now Shulk can have a beach day with Bikini Suit Samus! :awesome:

Well, looks like Smash just got its first status character! Also, leaks confirmed 100% true. Doubt it was everything shown though.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Anyone have an idea what the ending was about? I'm not familiar with the franchise personally.
It showed the Shadow (and voice) of Metal Face, one of the main antagonists of Xenoblade :)

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
For everyone who hasn't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, Check this out! :grin:

It's Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS! If this is released in the west it will become a whole lot easier to get your hands on a copy for a decent price...

P.S. Apparently it is exclusive to the "new" 3DS model that they announced in the same direct

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Chrom was practicly de-confirmed. Unless Chrom is confirmed (and at that point I expect all the other characters teased at the end of trailers to be confirmed) and chorus men confirmed, I won't believe the leak. *shrug*

Glad to see Shulk in though, and he looks like a character I could really get into, but like with any character I'll have to play with him for a while to really know. So many good characters for SSB4. :bubblebobble:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I don't have a source on me myself honestly but I've seen one source somewhere in the Ridley thread and while I haven't followed said source since then, I did hear something about it being leaked by the main source of the leaks instead of the guy Sakurai probably assassinated. But I do remember that this guy specifically mentioned Shulk's 5 styles well before this trailer came out but I'm still gonna take his words with a grain of salt because honestly the Koopalings being costumes doesn't make any sense to me after Sakurai said one of the reasons why Lucina isn't a Marth alt is because of size differences.

Greenshadowcat

Smash Rookie
Part of that leak was intentionally faked in order to sniff out copycats. Specifically, I think the part about Dixie (and Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and the IC/Wolf/Lucas DLC) was all admitted fake. The Koopalings bit has a little more cred because in one of the screenshots we saw a trophy of Lemmy (or Larry, I always get their names mixed up) in the clown car.

Yep, the entire cast has a British accent. I keep meaning to go back and play more, but the item crafting wore me down... which sounds silly, in retrospect.

Yep, that's the (surprisingly expensive) bathing suit armor from the game. The title of the trailer 'Looks like we don't have a choice' is also a line frequently stated at the start of a battle in game.[/quo

Yep, that's the (surprisingly expensive) bathing suit armor from the game. The title of the trailer 'Looks like we don't have a choice' is also a line frequently stated at the start of a battle in game.
Well Im going to play Xenoblade on the 3DS then

Ragna22

Smash Ace

Wait, K. Rool wasn't in the leak I saw, just Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo and I think Ridley.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Sjulk is Lonk's brother and Petch's husband.

Huzzah for typos that are going to be fixed
For the original post, I couldn't care less about who he is or what game he came from. Not denying of how well he's implemented into the game, but neither am I excited from his addition. He's just another swordsman with a unique "perk" from what I see.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Chrom was practicly de-confirmed. Unless Chrom is confirmed (and at that point I expect all the other characters teased at the end of trailers to be confirmed) and chorus men confirmed, I won't believe the leak. *shrug*

Glad to see Shulk in though, and he looks like a character I could really get into, but like with any character I'll have to play with him for a while to really know. So many good characters for SSB4. :bubblebobble:
different leak, the leak people are talking about didn't have chrom anywhere on it.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Okay, so it isn't Monado Monday (sorry Rogersbase), but Monado Friday is good enough for me! I've never played Xenoblade, but just as a character, Shulk looks worth all the hype I've heard about him. So even if this is further evidence to the leaks being true, it's not like they showed off stuff like the character reveal trailers, because I still got mad hyped watching the video despite having some idea that I'd see Shulk at some point.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So excited for Shulk! I've always hated the lack of sword wielders in smash 4, so good they get some representation

:denzel:
Umm....LACK of swords characters? Hello? Link? Robin? Lucina? Marth? Toon Link? Meta Knight? Mii Fighter? That's like 7. There's no lack!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Classic Nintendo; I had no knowledge or interest in Shulk prior to this, and now I've watched the video, like, five times. Totally worth getting up an hour early for.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
guys there is a mini direct a japanese one in which it proves the leak to be true here it is (its in japanese) htt ps://ww w. youtube.c om/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU (sorry had to make spaces)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wait, K. Rool wasn't in the leak I saw, just Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo and I think Ridley.
Sorry, that was my fault. It was Chorus Men, not K. Rool. It all starts to blend together.

Rule of thumb, though; Pix or it didn't happen. The leaker's throwing in false information on top of his true claims, making a big mess out of everything and potentially screwing up a lot of people's impressions of the game when it comes out.

Top Bottom