• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle VI Results Thread + Shoutouts - Columbus, OH

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
E-Sports Initiative Presents: Shuffle VI
Columbus, OH
November 8-9th, 2014

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-8-2014-shuffle-vi-columbus-ohio.355896

Photos from the event: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l3y1o62qx0xc588/AADCWNNK7xfHmtRuxw60eId7a?dl=0#/

I want to thank everyone for coming out to this event and making it so fun! It was a blast to see so many old and new faces and was a very exciting experience! I want to thank all of my ESI volunteers/staff that made this event possible, as well as the great support from the community that we received in terms of assistance and attendance! We have some great things planned for the next Shuffle, and will give information as soon as we can!

Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles (108 entrants)
http://smashboards.com/rankings/shuffle-vi-melee-single.2927/event
Shuffle VI Melee Single
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
S0ft
$270.00
2nd
Drephen
$108.00
3rd
Fizzle
$75.60
4th
Prince Abu
$48.60
5th
Jiano
$18.90
5th
Hanky Panky
$18.90
7th
Voorhese
7th
Tm
9th
Goodin
9th
Reeve

Super Smash Bros. PM Singles (88 entrants)

http://smashboards.com/rankings/shuffle-vi-pm-singles.2928/event
Shuffle VI PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Fizzle
$264.00
2nd
Hanky Panky
$132.00
3rd
ESI.gg Prince Abu
$44.00
4th
Lain
5th
SS Soft
5th
Village Mascot
7th
Meekspeedy
7th
LOE1
9th
Carls493
9th
Fumbles

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles (22 entrants)

http://smashboards.com/rankings/shuffle-vi-brawl-singles.2929/event
Shuffle VI Brawl Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
LOE1
$96.00
2nd
V115
$48.00
3rd
Meekspeedy
$16.00
4th
Scarylb59
5th
K-Man
5th
Lain
7th
Konrad-QD
7th
Carls
9th
Nom
9th
Sovereign

Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS (41 entrants)

http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-3ds-11-8-part-2.2933/event
Smash 3DS 11.8 part 2
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Meek
$204.80
2nd
Fumbles
$83.20
3rd
V115
$32.00
4th
Scary1b59
5th
Nom
5th
ITT
7th
Justy
7th
Hoodie
9th
Carls493
9th
GD | Beegs

Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles (23 Teams)

http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-vi-melee-doubles.2930/event
Shuffle VI Melee Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
ESI.GG | Prince Abu+Hanky Panky
2nd
LuigigoShard + SS | S0ft
3rd
DZ | voorhese + DZ | Gracen
4th
Reeve+Jiano
5th
Doctor X+Team Nick
5th
tm+lain
7th
SoulPech+Fizzle
7th
Invincibull+beegs
9th
Jay+cyoonit
9th
SweetyT+Ragu

Super Smash Bros. PM Doubles (24 Teams)

http://smashboards.com/rankings/pm-doubles-shuffle-vi.2932/event
PM Doubles Shuffle VI
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Abu + Hanky
2nd
LOE1+Lain - MI
3rd
S0ft+Fumbles - Cinc.
4th
Drephen+Fizzle - OH
5th
SoulPech+Carls493 - Cbus
5th
Rizner+villagemascot - Cinc.
7th
Megachuk+Fear - IN
7th
XYK+Papa - OH
9th
R00+(1UP) - OH
9th
Dr. X+Team Nick - OH

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles (5 Teams)

1. Meekspeedy + V115
2. Lain + LOE1
3. Soulpech + Ed
4. Carls + QD
5. Sovereign + Hoodie

Thanks again to all those who came out, I truly enjoyed having you guys!

Last edited:

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
Shoutouts to the Ganondorf ditto
Shoutouts to landing an up tilt in pools
Shoutouts to the Ganon crew
Shoutouts to Shoutouts

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Fun Tourney. GGs to everyone.
Props to the staff for running a very smooth bracket despite some delays on day 1.
Thank you RiK for bopping me 100 times in the falco ditto, I learned alot of stuff from it, looking forward to playing u again,
Would attend again.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
To the TO's - Well run tournament. Much better than Shuffle V and a sweet venue. Keep it up!

Mr. Ravine - We'll get that MM in next time.

Village Mascot - Damn the Link. Hope he isn't nerfed too much after 3.5. Good luck re-learning him.

Dr. X - Didn't get to play you this time. We have to get some matches in both games. Also, good luck adjusting to the new Lucas.

R2D10 - Nice Marth. I'm not very good at Marth dittos. I should have picked Fox after beating you second match with Roy. His gimmicks are only good once before he's figured out, lol.

Drephen - I 2-0 everyone in my pool and then get wrecked by you on stream. Rematch, bro.

Russy - You've definitely gotten better. Keep on with that Dorf; he's a beast.

FEAR - The freaks come out at night.

MegaChuck - So keep that b-hole tight.

J-Pipe - Should have let you go Ganon in teams at least once. You were on it with the Peach stock-tanking, though. Keep it up.

Salt - Sorry you didn't do as well as you thought you would, bro. It's cool. We'll tear stuff up at CSR this weekend and you'll feel a lot better, lol.

That One Guy Phil (TOGP) - Dude, we had some really fun matches. I know we play all the time, but we never get to play back to back games outside of a rotation like that. Super fun, man.

To all of the first-time guys - Keep playing! The Smash community is pretty awesome and we're always willing to help new people. The worst thing you can be is shy. Ask questions and play a ton!

2-Tone - Win more.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Melee looks like it was run using 18 pools into a top 54 bracket. Any explanation for this silliness?

Pools are almost meaningless in this format. Some 1st seeds got a first round bye, other 1st seeds didn't. How do people let TOs get away with this?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Melee looks like it was run using 18 pools into a top 54 bracket. Any explanation for this silliness?

Pools are almost meaningless in this format. Some 1st seeds got a first round bye, other 1st seeds didn't. How do people let TOs get away with this?
I didn't know this. Shoulda been top 16 pools with 7 players per pool (6 in 4 pools) instead of 18 with 6 players per pool and 48-64 in the bracket depending if you want 3-4 from pools advancing.

Project M had 2 waves of pools and top 2 advanced making a 48 man bracket which means there was 24 pools. with 88 entrants though the pool sizes should've been 3-4 but my pool had 5 somehow so i'm not really sure what was going on there either.

Brawl and smash 4 were run well but some pools had everyone get out and others had 1 person get eliminated which kinda sucked.

Shoutouts:

Beegs – You should come out to my smashfests/bside sometimes so we can play more than just a few matches.

Suyon – Thanks for running brawl and it was awesome seeing you again. CYA @ Ohayocon?

Sole – Thanks for letting us crash at your place on such a last minute notice. Also, thanks for running smash 4. I think it went pretty smooth even though people left early day 1

Meek – Awesome to finally meet you, nice job reppin the steak. We should play some wifi matches so you can teach me some smash 4 tricks

Fumbles – Glad I didn’t have to fight you in smash 4. Do you think the custom moves make Rosaluma more powerful? I think so, let me know.

V115 – Dang, knocked me out of brawl and smash 4. GGs and nice meeting you, you seem like a pretty cool guy.

Nom – LUCARIO!!! I still hate that character. Hopefully Konrad can give me some lucario matchup experience so I don’t lose to you next time.

Hoodie – Nice job in smash 4, I was surprised to see a pikachu so far in the bracket. GGs.

Carls – Sorry about our pools match but I had to play dirty to beat you.

Konrad – Thanks for the ride and it was cool hanging out. You should pick up smash 4 as well. As you can see, Lucario is good in it.

Xavier – You aren’t gonna sell this game. You should come out to some smashfests in Akron and hang out.

Lain – Been a while man, good seeing you again.

Sovereign – GGs in pools and brackets.

SoulPech – GGs in pools, you’re a funny guy.

Stef – Nice meeting you and playing some friendlies. Hopefully you’ll find a job soon but you should enjoy the weekly checks while you got ‘em.

Fizzle – You still owe me a money match.

Overall a pretty awesome tournament, nice venue with enough setups and decent attendance. It seemed to get a bit sloppy near the end of the tournament probably because so many people were leaving early so no hype could really build over finals matches.

Shuffle VI is all ogre now but I’m looking forward to Shuffle VII.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Still salty about PM singles.

I lost to 1st and second, got 7th. The salt is real :salt:

Shoutouts later maybe, fun tournament overall.

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know this. Shoulda been top 16 pools with 7 players per pool (6 in 4 pools) instead of 18 with 6 players per pool and 48-64 in the bracket depending if you want 3-4 from pools advancing.

Project M had 2 waves of pools and top 2 advanced making a 48 man bracket which means there was 24 pools. with 88 entrants though the pool sizes should've been 3-4 but my pool had 5 somehow so i'm not really sure what was going on there either.

Brawl and smash 4 were run well but some pools had everyone get out and others had 1 person get eliminated which kinda sucked.

Shoutouts:

Beegs – You should come out to my smashfests/bside sometimes so we can play more than just a few matches.

Suyon – Thanks for running brawl and it was awesome seeing you again. CYA @ Ohayocon?

Sole – Thanks for letting us crash at your place on such a last minute notice. Also, thanks for running smash 4. I think it went pretty smooth even though people left early day 1

Meek – Awesome to finally meet you, nice job reppin the steak. We should play some wifi matches so you can teach me some smash 4 tricks

Fumbles – Glad I didn’t have to fight you in smash 4. Do you think the custom moves make Rosaluma more powerful? I think so, let me know.

V115 – Dang, knocked me out of brawl and smash 4. GGs and nice meeting you, you seem like a pretty cool guy.

Nom – LUCARIO!!! I still hate that character. Hopefully Konrad can give me some lucario matchup experience so I don’t lose to you next time.

Hoodie – Nice job in smash 4, I was surprised to see a pikachu so far in the bracket. GGs.

Carls – Sorry about our pools match but I had to play dirty to beat you.

Konrad – Thanks for the ride and it was cool hanging out. You should pick up smash 4 as well. As you can see, Lucario is good in it.

Xavier – You aren’t gonna sell this game. You should come out to some smashfests in Akron and hang out.

Lain – Been a while man, good seeing you again.

Sovereign – GGs in pools and brackets.

SoulPech – GGs in pools, you’re a funny guy.

Stef – Nice meeting you and playing some friendlies. Hopefully you’ll find a job soon but you should enjoy the weekly checks while you got ‘em.

Fizzle – You still owe me a money match.

Overall a pretty awesome tournament, nice venue with enough setups and decent attendance. It seemed to get a bit sloppy near the end of the tournament probably because so many people were leaving early so no hype could really build over finals matches.

Shuffle VI is all ogre now but I’m looking forward to Shuffle VII.
No for shoutouts for me ITT. I see how it is :c

(I'm MX btw)

Suyon

Smash Lord
I have a pair of sunglasses and a black gamecube memory card. PM me if you are missing these items. Also give a description of how it look so I can determine that it is yours.

ITT: Thanksgiving week is a possibility to meet.

Top Bottom