• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
I'm wondering, how does the structure for this go? Do they do the pools the first day, and then whomever makes it out of pools goes into the top X the next day? Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first tournament that's longer than 1 day

Avion

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering, how does the structure for this go? Do they do the pools the first day, and then whomever makes it out of pools goes into the top X the next day? Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first tournament that's longer than 1 day
See the schedule linked here.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
On my prereg, I forgot to check off that I can bring a set (Gamecube/Melee/Memory). How do I go back and edit that form?
Also... HYPE

gg NoMeow

Smash Rookie
why are pm dubs & singles swapped? seems really weird
We were thinking that starting with pools is a good option because a lot of the work for it can be done a few days before( seeding, constructing pools, etc) and can start immediately at 12. Brackets will take a bit more work, especially because a lot of people are finding teammates the day of the event.

Does that make sense? If you have a case for the other way around please feel free to let me know

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We were thinking that starting with pools is a good option because a lot of the work for it can be done a few days before( seeding, constructing pools, etc) and can start immediately at 12. Brackets will take a bit more work, especially because a lot of people are finding teammates the day of the event.

Does that make sense? If you have a case for the other way around please feel free to let me know
ok that makes sense
i think at least top 8 of singles bracket should be streamed though. perhaps while the other two games are in the start of their brackets.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Hey guys. We've just announced via twitter. "If MLG operates any Smash events this year, Shuffle results will be used to help seed"

That being said attending this event will be very important for your MLG seeding for future events, assuming they happen!

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Couple important announcements:

1.) We are featured on MLG.com today, so check us out! http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-tv-presents-esi-shuffle-v/

2.) As Jake and MLGAdam have said, Shuffle will be used for future MLG event seeding which makes it pretty important.

3.) Shoutout to @ Juggleguy Juggleguy for skyping with me last night and giving some really awesome feedback/help- I truly think the event will go a lot better/smoother thanks to his input.

Amar

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
If MD/VA can get housing!?

Nintendude + others. you guys are still wlecome to stay at my place friday night. Splits up the drive a bit and then only need to find housing for saturday night.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Last I talked to Wife, which was like 2 weeks ago, he said he wasn't going. Has he told you guys something else? Also, can you PM me your address so I can see how it would affect our route?

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Last I talked to Wife, which was like 2 weeks ago, he said he wasn't going. Has he told you guys something else? Also, can you PM me your address so I can see how it would affect our route?
Royer Student Activities Center at the Ohio State University
85 Curl Dr
Columbus, OH 43210

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
So far we have confirmed 4 casters:

Nick "Rat" Kooy
Adam "Strong_Bad" Oliver
Max "juiceDoom" Krchmar
Rich "Keitaro" King.

Stay tuned for the remaining casters to be announced!!

Vino

Smash Cadet
Is there anywhere to check the preregister list? I preregistered but I'm paranoid and want to make sure that it went through. ;)

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
I'd love to see Wife attending this tournament. I need to shake that man's hand and also get a picture with him!

Last edited:

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Is there anywhere to check the preregister list? I preregistered but I'm paranoid and want to make sure that it went through. ;)
I just checked the list, you're definitely on it - Melee Singles and Doubles, right?

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Just a small note, as of right now we are sitting at 232 pre-registrants.

The 300 cap still stands, so make sure that if you haven't pre-registered that you do so very soon.

Thanks!

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
Driving with 4CAN, Scythe, Kels and Lauren. :D

Edit: Where do we see the pre-reg people?

Last edited:

Goiter

Smash Cadet
I definitely want to make it to this and am pretty glad P:M is all in one day. Hopefully I'll be bringing a full setup and maybe 1 or 2 friends!

Xythis

Smash Rookie
A few people have been asking to see the pre-reg list...are we expecting to see an updated one today?

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
If I already pre-registered for only singles, could I decide to register for doubles as well at a later time? If yes, then I would need a doubles partner for brawl. I show up as Tyrannosaurus-Flex in the pre-reg list.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Is anyone driving from around Mount Vernon? I am willing to help with gas money if I can catch a ride with someone.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Here is the preregister list. As always, I will post an updated version every friday.

Currently we are at 240/300 cap...please note, the 300 person cap on this event is non-negotiable due to fire hazard laws.

What is your handle? (tag, gamertag, etc)
(1UP)
1der
4CAN
Achilles1515
AgentGuilt~
AJ
AlbinoLiger
AlfaStryke
argo$ax
Artificial Flavour
Aura
Avion
Bloodcross
BloodyJoker
bLU
Bob Zmuda
bobbytrång
Booker
Cam
Cameron
Carls493
Clef
Cobbler
CocoThunder
CORKUS
crim
CryoSomnus
CT | TLoc Denti
CT Chibo
CT EMP Mew2King
CT LoF NAKAT
CT ZeRo
CT| Xzax
Dadococolado
DairDev1L
Dan ComboZ
DBSammy
Denzi
Derf.MW
devanisagirl
Doctor X
Dontbeplayin
Doppler12
DRB | Juushichi
Drephen
DREW
DRN
Dro
Duck
DunFoundDead
Eevee!
EmuKiller
Falcon's Fist
FEAR
Ferriswheel32
FF Ori_bro
Flip
Fooly Cooly
Fragger
Fugazi
Future
Galakrond
Gambi
Garzal
GoadMoose
GodsLAFCO
Goodin
Gracen
GraphiteZeppelin
Gunblade
Hael Phael
Handonium
Hanky Panky
Herkimer
HMS
Hunky McManpie
I EgnarO !
Ish
Jack
Jawsome
Jay
JbrockPony
Jen
Jesiah
Jiano
Jman
Jmaster
Jono
jt5565
Juggleguy
kalamazhu
kaylubbb
Kayron
Keitaro
KellyK
kernjiro
KERO
Kidbuu42
King
King Blaze
King of Hoboz
kinglit
KittyMW
KJH
Klob
Koz
Kronic
Ksev
KT_Law
Lagoon
Legend of Roy
Limpinator
Llamaboy
LOE1
Logic
Lokii
LOLO
Lounis
LuigigoShard
luketavius
Luminoth
m++
Magic Man
mango
Megachuk
MGFC Swedish Delight
MilkBeard
Misnomer
MJG
moose
mr.magik
MrRobit
mudkyp
mystic
Nairo
Nightro
Nintendude
notMitch
Oats
Oblivion
Ogie
Ojanya
Omicron Pyro
OniKasian
paradigm
Paradox
PB7
PetaFactor
PGH Carroll
photonic
Player-1
PM Punk.
Pooch
Prince Abu
Prof. Oak
QD
Quivo
Rage Davidson
Rai.
Ralph Cecil
Rat
Raz
RCM94
Rh1thmz
Ripple
Rizner
rollins
Run DMX
Russy
Rval
SAI
SaltE
Seagull Joe
Shadow the Past
Shenanagans
Shugo
shwickid
Sneakytako
Solecalibur
Solharath
Sombra
SonuvaBeach
sorasin
SoulPech
Sparta Kick
Spec
Strong Bad
Suyon
Sweet
Sye
Team Nick
Tech_Chase
Tehcooles
Tercel
Thrash
timerbomb
tm
Tony 22
Torok
ToTs
Turtle
Twiz
Tyrannosaurus-Flex (T-Flex)
Vader
Veman3000
Vicious Mistress
Village Mascot
Vino
Vist
voorhese
W.C.N
wabikishko
Walled
Watty
Xatic
XeroXen
Xolcin
XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX
XYK

Xythis

Yoshido
Z
z-axis
Zanguzen
Zbet
Zinoto
Zion Hikari
ZOMG
FALSE

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
If I already pre-registered for only singles, could I decide to register for doubles as well at a later time? If yes, then I would need a doubles partner for brawl. I show up as Tyrannosaurus-Flex in the pre-reg list.
Yes you may, just submit another pre-registration form- as long as you use the same first/lastname/gamertag the old one will automatically be deleted.

Top Bottom