• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V - February 22nd & 23rd, 2014 - Columbus, OH - MLG supported event

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Please note: The registration cap for this event is at 300 people. As of 1/30/2014, we are sitting at 115 registrants. If you would like to attend please register, and if you decide not to come to the event after registering please send an email to amar.karamali@gmail.com , send us a message through Smashboards, or post in the smashboards thread.

Amar

SoulPech

Smash Master
Okay,

I had to ask the people that were on the list to confirm and it appears I had to make an update. So here's an update on my housing and who still needs housing:

My Housing:

1) Player-1 + GA
2) GA
3) GA
4) GA
5) Xerozen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL
10) Seagull
11) GA

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
Trollby
ZeRo (for Wednesday and Thursday
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

An ESI Member, Jeff Kikel, has offered to host 4 people in his living room! Please contact him asap via texting to arrange with him.

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Okay,

I had to ask the people that were on the list to confirm and it appears I had to make an update. So here's an update on my housing and who still needs housing:

My Housing:

1) Player-1 + GA
2) GA
3) GA
4) GA
5) Xerozen + IL
6) IL
7) IL
8) IL
9) IL
10) Seagull
11) GA

Who Needs Housing:

Derf.MW
2-Djeff
Trollby
ZeRo (for Wednesday and Thursday
MJG + Crew (Kwee may house)
Hey, I updated the changes. Also, Zero does not need housing ( sam avion posa is housing him. )

Amar

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
Hey everybody, I'll be entering this as my first major tournament. I don't expect to win anything but I can't wait to be around the general atmosphere that these events bring. I'll be entering Project M singles for now.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Coming to this, confirmed

Bringing Leon

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
there's actually a small cincinatti scene that has a pm group and a growing columbus group as well. do you have facebook?
Awesome. Could you link me to it? My 1 barrier in getting into the scene is not having anyone who really wants to practice with me.

Xolcin

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xolcin
Hey everybody, I'll be entering this as my first major tournament. I don't expect to win anything but I can't wait to be around the general atmosphere that these events bring. I'll be entering Project M singles for now.
This is my first as well! Say hello if you see this blond!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
you're going down this time :)
Hey, maybe Strong Bad can teach you, too. All 3 of us, & maybe more, can decide who will be the best P:M Wario at Shuffle.

Wario: "While our boy Roy has teh fire, Wario has TEH FIREHOLE! Wahahahahahahaha!"

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Here is a list of registered people.

Currently, we are at 121/300.

What is your handle? (tag, gamertag, etc)
1der
AJ
Aura
Avion
Bloodcross
bLU
Booker
Cam
Cameron
Carls493
Cobbler
CocoThunder
CryoSomnus
CT EMP Mew2King
Dadococolado
DBSammy
Denzi
devanisagirl
Doctor X
Doppler12
DRB | Juushichi
Drephen
DREW
Dro
DunFoundDead
Falcon's Fist
Ferriswheel32
FF Ori_bro
Galakrond
Garzal
GodsLAFCO
Goodin
Gracen
Hael Phael
Handonium
Hanky Panky
I EgnarO !
Jack
Jesiah
Jiano
Jmaster
jt5565
Juggleguy
kalamazhu
Keitaro
KellyK
KERO
Kidbuu42
King of Hoboz
KittyMW
Klob
Koz
Ksev
KT_Law
Limpinator
Llamaboy
LOE1
Logic
Lokii
LuigigoShard
Magic Man
mango
MGFC Swedish Delight
MJG
Nightro
Oblivion
Ogie
Ojanya
OniKasian
PB7
PGH Carroll
Player-1
Prince Abu
Prof. Oak
QD
Quivo
RCM94
Rizner
rollins
Run DMX
Rval
SAI
SaltE
Seagull Joe
Shadow the Past
Shenanagans
Sneakytako
Sombra
SoulPech
Spec
Suyon
Team Nick
Tech_Chase
Tehcooles
Tercel
Thrash
Tony 22
ToTs
Turtle
Tyrannosaurus-Flex (T-Flex)
Vader
Veman3000
Vicious Mistress
Village Mascot
W.C.N
Xatic
XeroXen
Xolcin
XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX
Z
Zinoto
Zion Hikari

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Registered.

LOE1 and Carls we should do a PM Wario friendly rotation! And any other up and coming Wario that wants to join in =)

What's The Point

Smash Master
You shouldn't cap a pre-registration that requires no payment. People who are kind of thinking of going will register and then not go, but have blocked out someone who would actually go.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
You shouldn't cap a pre-registration that requires no payment. People who are kind of thinking of going will register and then not go, but have blocked out someone who would actually go.
Yeah, or some people might just go from the area/some people will forget to register. Are signs up at the door not even a small chance? Perhaps like a certain amount of people only can register a the door. That would still make signing up online necessary, but won't punish people that forgot/didn't know about that'/randomly decided to go. I don't know, just ideas.

ALSO HYPE.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
That would still make signing up online necessary, but won't punish people that forgot/didn't know about that'/randomly decided to go.
The second group is a valid concern, but that can be offset with strong promotion.

The first and third groups need to be sharply discouraged for events of this size. Many who would have no real problems signing up somehow imagine doing so as the most difficult thing in the world, and while they do plan on going, they can't be bothered to let the TO's know ahead of time if it isn't required of them. TO's have to work very hard to accommodate behavior like this when they could be focusing on improving the event and resolving potential hiccups like, say... checking with the fire department.

Capping signups at the door might a good idea if the TO's feel the need to quell whining, but I imagine it would invariably produce more whining about much more upsetting problems. Imagine if someone high-profile "forgets to" (i.e is too lazy to) sign up, but drives/flies a significant distance to come anyway. If door signups are already maxed out, there will be whining about that, and likely our subject will guilt-trip and community-appeal their way into the tournament. Then, other people become upset because it makes the registration rules and caps seem meaningless, and they were *such a burden* weren't they? This would happen. Guaranteed.

The real problem is never the signup rules, though. It's that some smashers don't like to be faced with responsibility of any kind, and would rather someone else have to work very hard than to have to make an adult decision. This particular problem should not be allowed to hold back the rest of the community.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
If I were to bring someone along as a spectator would they need to preregister or could they just pay the venue fee at the door?

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
www.shffl.org has a link to the schedule, Megachuk.

As far as sign ups- the 300 person cap is an online registration cap, its a venue total cap. We will cap it @ 300, and the day of the event any people that don't show up will give their spots away.

Ideally, we would have 300 people who are 100% coming to commit online and come but sadly that is not the case.

Hopefully we get ~280 online signups, that way a good portion of those people will come and there is still some extra cushion for the online wait list

Amar

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I was unclear- if we hit the 300 wait list cap, subsequent sign ups will be put on a "waitlist", meaning if people pull out their registrations they will have first priority. Also, if you are on the waitlist and are at the event and someone doesn't show, you get their spot. Does that make sense?

D

Deleted member

So I submitted another Pre-registration form, just so you know. The difference this time being that I entered P:M singles, as well as Melee singles (yes, this is gonna be the first Melee tourney I compete in), and also entered info on the TV setup I'm bringing.

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
I have a couple questions about controllers. Is this a 100% bring your own controller event or will there be a couple spare ones at some set ups? I can bring my own but they aren't in the best condition. Also are wireless wave bird controllers aloud?

Xythis

Smash Rookie
First thing I'm ever going to! Also first post on smashboards! A lot of firsts for me :3

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I have a couple questions about controllers. Is this a 100% bring your own controller event or will there be a couple spare ones at some set ups? I can bring my own but they aren't in the best condition. Also are wireless wave bird controllers aloud?
It's highly unlikely there will be any spare controllers there. Tourneys are almost %100 of the time bring your own controller.

I think wireless wave birds are generally frowned upon, but I doubt anyone will really care honestly lol. Just bring what you can.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Guys there's no way we are gonna get close to 300 entrants lol. Just tell people to stop being lazy and pre-reg if they have any intention of coming.

Also, it would be helpful if there was a way to unregister, in case people find out they can't come.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I will probably go there,can someone house me? I would arrive friday night and leaving monday

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Tourney is strictly BYOC.

Sadly with the way we are handling preregistrations there is no way to remove your name, however we will be sending confirmation emails a week before so people have a chance to back out.

Amar

Top Bottom