• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle IV (11/9/13) - Results

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
1: Zinoto :diddy: : Good seeing you again, you played super well like always and from now on I'll try not to throw doubles matches in front of you lol
2: LOE1 :wario:: My robot is at like 25% download which isn't enough to reveal anything to eric so no worries
3: Chudat :kirby2:: Good seeing you dude, had fun in doubles friendlies
3: Fizzle :dedede:: the nostalgia was too real
5: WTP :dedede: :falco:: always fun talking to you I'll make another trip to michigan eventually
5: Kell :marth: :metaknight:: This poker player still wins games
7: Ksev :snake:: Dude you've gotten so much better I watched a couple of your games, if I want to beat you I'll have to put in some serious work
7: Blue Rogue :wario:: Man why you no win dood I have utmost faith in you
9: Sneaky Tako :rob: :dedede:: Chipotle was fun and commentating your games vs Loe1 was also fun
9: Kryp :pit:: THIS MAN GOES HARD
9: Ralph Cecil :snake:: bleh
9: Suyon :pit:: good seeing you
13: Karaoke Man :mario2: :ganondorf: :fox: :yoshi2: :bowser2: : I will bring my own source of the power next time my good friend and you will never again smash my mask
13: Stewy Ian :popo: :metaknight:: Jimmy Johns for the win, We so could have bopped that league tournament
13: Kassandra :peach: :metaknight:: Good seeing you again, too bad we didn't play
13: Soulpech :jigglypuff: :wario:: my dawg too snuggly
17: Ogie :pit: :metaknight:: Nice job man
17: Rizner: Dude your kirby came out of nowhere on me and I knew not what to do
17: Lokii :zerosuitsamus:: This was the first time I ever saw you in person I think
17: ShadowThePast :wolf: :metaknight:: We'll get em next time in teams
17: Taj :sonic:: good games dude hopefully we get to play some singles next time
17: DBSamming :luigi2:: Dood up b is too good
25: QD :lucario:: your lucario impressed me
25: Katakiri :pit: :pt:: good seeing you again friend
25: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :rob:: you really need to practice for real and stop being dissatisfied when you don't put enough effort in
25: Thekiest :dedede:: Thanks for giving me tips and allowing me to commentate terribly for the first time in my life
25: Ag squiggle: LOL SQUIGGLE
33: Lero: keep playing dude friendlies were too fun
33: Jiffy :ness2::wario:: had fun commentating with you and calling you old even though dude you're awesome and don't ever forget it
33: Sye :falcon:: Dude I grimed you so hard your falcon is too legit
33: Habsol :sheik:: nice shiek
49: Lunalang :lucario:: you always in the corner with your ds
49: Ketos: You're the man

This tournament was so much bigger than I expected and that venue and the people that ran it have a lot of potential, I'll make it out to future events hopefully I believe in light of how this one played out improvements to the timing of everything will be made.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Melee Singles (49 entrants)
1: Prince Abu :foxmelee: /:jigglypuffmelee: - haha you're the best. congrats. good games and such.
2: Chudat : :icsmelee:/:pikachumelee: - It was great to get to meet you and trail. thanks for all the tips and such.
2: Hanky Panky :peachmelee: - good to see you!
4: Drephen :sheikmelee: - why the **** didn't we play?

5: 1der :mariomelee:/:marthmelee:/:foxmelee:? - why didn't we play? I'm mad.

7: Paradigm :samusmelee: - great to see you again! had a lot of fun chillin with you.
9: Corkus :falcomelee: - good to see you again, next time lets actually play though

9: Greg Winchester :peachmelee: - good to see you again

13: Gunpunch :samusmelee: - good to see you again, next time I'll figure something out so I don't have to do Samus/ICs xD
13: Achilles ?? - I think we played friendlies?
13: Kell :foxmelee:/:marthmelee: - good to meet you, had a lot of fun hanging out.
13: T M :ganondorfmelee: - good games. Sorry I was playing so off-point, next time we'll have some closer sets.
17: Shenanigans :icsmelee: - good to meet you! you're pretty awesome.

17: Overswarm :sheikmelee:/:foxmelee: ? - good to meet you, glad you got to make it out to this.
25: Kassandra :peachmelee: - we never actually got a chance to play

25: DBSamming :luigimelee:/:falcomelee: - great to see you again, we should play next time xD
25: DerfMW :icsmelee:/ :sheikmelee:/:foxmelee: - scrub. stop playing so lazy.

33: Ogie :marthmelee:/:foxmelee: - good games, your fox caught me off-gaurd second game, had to go try-hard mode game 3.

33: Jiffy :foxmelee:/:marthmelee: - good games, great to get to hang out with you, you're pretty awesome. game three I had to go clutch mode once you killed my nana xD

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Midwest "General" Smash Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/106849509392869/

Since it's been suggestions followed by only "I had fun" "good tourne", I'm going to fill the void and mention what I liked that was done right. And WHY I had fun. I'll give my full suggestions if I get PMed about them (whether by one of these runners or by anyone who wants to hear my thoughts).

I liked the amount of time and effort was put into the stream, even though MLG wasn't going to stream it.
I liked how all the staff was enthusiastic about gaming.
I liked how buckeyelan was very cooperative with us moving into their turf.
I liked the wristbands.
I liked how Prez BBoy was willing to use his own home to play finals (SP as well).
I liked how Avilon and BBoy were willing to ask people in the scene to help seed as oppose to trying on their own/randomize it.
I liked their registration setup/format.
I liked how it was decided that there would be no pools and bracket only (A very stressful decision to make)
I liked how Project M was allowed to be ran even though the main events were behind.
I liked how the staff was delegated into the various roles a single TO would normally do.
I liked how the staff overall kept their cool when problems started arising.
I liked that the players kept their cool when problems started arising.

I had fun casting, even though I'm not a fan of melee. Casting the good vs the old was cool. Hopefully we can get that showing next time.
I enjoyed seeing more or less the same crowd of good folks.

Hopefully the staff doesn't get too discouraged and tries again.

Sorry, no real shoutouts from me this time.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

2: LOE1 :wario: - Good stuff beating Chu. That wifi practice seems to help for low tier match ups, I might start back up on it.
3: Chudat :kirby2: - Teh Grime xD. Nice finally getting to meet you, and GGs in doubles. We'll MM at Apex and I'll win my 5% back ;)
3: Fizzle :dedede: - GGs, fun games as always.
5: Ksev :snake: - And people say I sandbag lmao. You probably should've won that set. Can't wait to play you again, you seem to keep getting better.
5: Kel :marth: :metaknight: - Fun games Kel, Marth gimps are deadly lol.
7: WTP :dedede::falco: - Good thing I didn't have to play you at this, I probably would've gotten bodied lmao.
7: Blue Rogue :wario: - Nice seeing you again BR.
9: Sneaky Tako :rob: :dedede: - Why you no beat LOE1?
9: Kryp :pit: - Nice showing this time around, keep it up.
9: Ralph Cecil :snake: - That doubles set lmao. C4 too stronk.
9: Suyon :pit: - GG, I could've sworn we've played more than twice lol.
13: Karaoke Man :mario2: :ganondorf: :fox: :yoshi2: :bowser2: - That character usage lmao.
13: Stewy Ian :popo: :metaknight: - It's k, I'll give you Pit practice ;)
13: Kassandra :peach: :metaknight: - Nice seeing you again Kass, good luck with Diddy :)
13: Soulpech :jigglypuff: :wario: - There's always next time for P:M ;)
17: Overswarm :metaknight: - GG in PM, Bowser is an awkward character lol. Glad to see you kept up with the game and congrats on second.
17: Ogie :pit: :metaknight: - Nice Pit man.
17: Rizner :kirby2: - Saw your set against Hael Phael, hood stuff.
17: Lokii :zerosuitsamus: - Your artwork is really nice.
17: ShadowThePast :wolf: :metaknight: - GG in doubles :)
17: Taj :sonic: - Nice seeing you, I've heard of you from the PR but never got to meet you like the rest of MD/VA. Hopefully you can come to more of our tournies :).
17: Aura :lucario: - Sup
17: DBSamming :luigi2: - Dat Luigi. Close game against Suyon.
25: QD :lucario: - Nice seeing you again.
25: Katakiri :pit: :pt: - I like the Pit.
25: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :rob: - Nice seeing you again Brandon. Gotta watch those shuttle loops, SDs can cost you the entire set.
25: Krohnic - Didn't get to meet you :(
25: Thekiest :dedede: - Nice seeing you again Keist
25: Ag squiggle - Didn't get to meet you either.
25: Ola :toonlink: :snake: - I think nametags would've been perfect for you lol. I pointed out a couple of your opponents.
25: B-Boy - Nice :diddy:.
33: Markus E-bear - Next time we should friendly :)
33: Monochrome - Sup
33: Lero - Didn't get to meet you :(
33: Jiffy :ness2::wario: - Jiffy!!!!! Teach me Wario :)
33: Sye :falcon: - I had you confused with the Ohio :diddy: "Sai" lol. Nice meeting you.
33: Josh - Didn't meet :(
33: Matthew - Didn't meet :(
33: Cam :mario2: :dk2: - Didn't meet :(
33: Logan - Didn't meet :(
33: Tomo - Didn't meet :(
33: Sails - Didn't meet :(
33: Twigg :warioc: - Pretty sure you used Wario lol.
33: Ick - Didn't meet :(
33: Habsol :sheik: - Didn't meet :(
33: Win - Didn't meet :(
33: Indel :kirby2: - Didn't meet :(
49: SuperSonic68 - Didn't meet :(
49: Lunalang :lucario: - Didn't meet :(
49: Cott - Didn't meet :(
49: Ketos - Didn't meet :(

For an overall tourney experience, I think you guys should definitely host again, but do smaller tournaments first. It was kind of obvious you guys haven't had much experience running Smash tournaments, but the main key to them is time management. I know you guys didn't expect the number of entrants that you got (hell I thought it was gonna be a 20-man tourney), but I think you were a little over-zealous at the number of events and space you had. For the next event, Co-host with SoulPech/Keist/Juu/etc. so that you get a feel on how to run these events. Some advice that I've picked up over the years for you guys' future tournaments:

1. Choose an appropriate venue. The venue you guys had here is amazing. There's a food court nearby, an ATM, parking structure, and lots of space. This is a good size venue for tournaments with ~50 entrants to be comfortable. Get an estimation on how many expected entrants you plan to have and choose the venue accordingly. If you all can get this venue reliably everytime, go for it. Otherwise make sure you plan ahead so you're not venue hunting at the last minute.

2. Do registration for venue and events in the same line, especially for smash events. There were quite a few issues with people not being in the bracket even though they paid and I believe this started at the door. Let them pay for all of their things at one location, that way there's no confusion.

3. If you plan to host tournaments with Smash Brothers, you gotta learn TIO: http://tiopro.com/download.aspx. We all use this, it's fast, efficient, and makes running theses type of tournaments a breeze.

4. Don't use team names in the bracket. They can enter as whatever they want, but in the bracket make sure you use the tags of the two people that are teaming. It takes way too much time to figure out who "Quest 64 Wasn't That Bad of a Game...Seriously" (No offense Kel + OS ;) ), and their opponents will ask you which players they need to find EVERY time. You will have to go through the list of names each time and eventually it just takes up a lot of time.

5. Know your limitations. Smash tournaments take a while, so if the venue closes at a certain time, you have to know what you can do. Which leads me to 6.

6. Don't try and do everything at once. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect you all to finish on time when I saw you had Brawl Singles/Doubles, Melee Singles/Doubles, PM, and other random tournaments being held in the same location. It's hard to do Brawl/PM together let alone throwing Melee in the mix. You guys should stick with 1 or 2 events at a time until you get more experience with running them.

7. SET UPS!!!! This is one of the more important aspects. Make sure you have enough set ups for the tournament to run smoothly. There weren't enough set ups to make this run efficiently. In the tournament thread, ask people to bring them. For some reason, people won't bring set ups unless you directly ask them to do it.

8. Lastly, limit the crossover you can have in events. In MI we call it "Lain's Stupid Rule", this is because Lain would do the exact same thing ChuDat did, enter every single event; thus causing everything to be backed up. Feasibly you should be able to enter anything you want, realistically you can't. If you're gonna do just Brawl (Singles/Doubles) and maybe PM singles, this rule isn't needed. But the moment you get singles/doubles from another game you absolutely need it.

I highly advise you all to host another event. Not gonna lie, I had fun. First time I got to meet ChuDat, got bodied in P:M, got to hang out with Ohio peeps, it was good times. Like anything practice makes perfect :)

Kel

Smash Master
Personally we enjoyed the confusion and hearing people have to say "Quest 64 wasn't that bad of a game... seriously" over and over. It just reinforces our correct opinion.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
1: Zinoto :diddy:
GGs in doubles. I haven't gotten so lucky before in a while loool. Also I hate that the venue closed when it did. D: I was hoping to get that MM.
2: LOE1 :wario:
Thanks for the tips lol. I didn't win my set vs Blue Rogue, but it help a good deal with how I positioned myself and when I threw out moves. Also yeah I think playing a set with you would be fun regardless of the campy stuff. ^_^
3: Chudat :kirby2:
I was really surprised to hear that you were coming around. I should've tried to get some friendlies in or something, but I think you were also really busy throughout the tournament with every event lol.
3: Fizzle :dedede:
yukiuytrerhyjkhygtfrerghj That SD game 1. D: GGs though :D I'm just glad I didn't get wrecked as badly as I did last time.
5: WTP :dedede: :falco:
Your game 1 vs Chu Dat was pretty hype lol. :D I probably should've tried to play some friendlies with you or something lol.
5: Kel :marth: :metaknight:
I didn't get to see any of your singles matches. D: I'm guessing you were waiting on Chu Dat? :o
7: Ksev :snake:
YoOoOoOoOoOOoOoOo so many of your sets were so hype. :D Also thanks for the tips about the Wario MU. It definitely helped some.
7: Blue Rogue :wario:
GGs lol. I feel like going for that beyond gimmicky Fsmash really hurt my chances of winning. D: Also thanks for the tips. :D I'll definitely try to mess around with throw out jab more in the future. :o
9: Sneaky Tako :rob: :dedede:
I felt so bad to see that random inhale in your set vs LOE1. D: Was that a messed up input or something? :o
9: Kryp :pit:
Arrow and footstool kills YoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo. Glad to see that Richmond is doing better at tournaments. Also thanks for teaming with me and not getting too mad about me messing up my C4 nonsense lol.
9: Ralph Cecil :snake:
aerytuyjhngtryhjuhgftjukjuytrjukhygtrhjmhgtrh Need to be a tad bit more clutch, mess up less inputs, and go with my gut on when I think something is a bad idea. D:
9: Suyon :pit:
GGs in doubles. :D Pretty hyped that I didn't have to play you in singles. BD Not sure how I would've done against campy stuff. :o
13: Karaoke Man :mario2: :ganondorf: :fox: :yoshi2: :bowser2:
It was awesome to get to see you at another tournament again. :D Wish you would've pulled out more Yoshi, but I understand why you don't want to. D:
13: Stewy Ian :popo: :metaknight:
GGs in those friendlies. I'm surprised that we haven't actually met in singles before lol. Also I don't remember if it was the neutral game or edgeguarding, but you did really well in one of those for the Snake mu. D:
13: Kassandra :peach: :metaknight:
I don't mean this in a bad way, but i'm glad I didn't have to play you when it was against you and Blue Rogue lol. D: Not sure if it's your Peach or just Peach in general(I feel like i've done well against other Peaches though), but I always just have the hardest time when I play you. >_<
13: Soulpech :jigglypuff: :wario:
herjgtknfhejrktgnfhrkjnhfigktjnrhjf I didn't get to see any of your matches in singles. D: Also great job at still placing well after not playing for a while and with Jiggs lol.
17: Overswarm :metaknight:
I knowww. D: I'll start practicing P:M more once I get a physical copy of Brawl(which should be tomorrow). Also I partly blame my placement on trying out going solo Snake, but it's still mostly due to not practicing lol. );
17: Ogie :pit: :metaknight:
I honestly didn't know you were as good as what I saw from you in doubles lol. :D Pretty hyped to see how you do at future events. ^_^
17: Rizner
I feel like you name is really familiar, but I don't know why. :I It might just be from seeing you post in MW threads lol. Also we should play at the next even we are both at. :D I try to play people I haven't played before/don't know much about lol.
17: ShadowThePast :wolf: :metaknight:
Thanks for the ride stuff. ;u
17: Taj :sonic:
It's hype to see people travelling so far for an OH tournament. :D Also you looked super hard to play against on Delphino lol.
17: DBSamming :luigi2:
I saw some of your matches and you got so many shyorukens. :D I was getting pretty hype.
25: QD :lucario:
Really sry for not replying to you on smashboards. D: I really thought I did, and i'm also sry about not being able to play friendlies with you. wethyjgtrthyjuytr I was trying to watch the sets where I played the winner/loser of. D:
25: Katakiri :pit: :pt:
ehikytrejfrhyokjlhgfriuolkmnbgyuioknbhui Super hype to see you at a tournament again. :D Really glad I didn't have to play you either, because I remember that PT being mean. D;
25: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :rob:
WHERE IS YOUR COUNTRY MUSIC NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH?!
25: Thekiest :dedede:
Pretty tempted to watch the archives now just to hear your commentary lol. :D Also super hyped to see you at a tournament again. ^_^
25: A:G~
Not sure if I corrected that right lol, but sry about the crappy T.V. we played on and all the other nonsense around our set. D: Also sry about pushing so hard about the whole set with Win thing 3retrythyjtredthgyjhu. Alsoalso just remind me at the next tournament we are going to the SP isn't at and i'll be up for teams. BD
33: Jiffy :ness2::wario:
Snap O-o How did this happen? You seemed to be doing well in those doubles friendlies we played. :o Also it was awesome to see you and Blue Rogue coming out to another tournament. :D
33: Twigg :dk2:
Not sure if this is the right Twig or not. O-o If it is those tire set ups, and your doubles set with Chu/Taj was hype. :D
33: Habsol :sheik:
I didn't get to see you play/play you but I heard you were pretty good. :D We should play at the next tournament we are both at. ^_^
33: Win
:I Made
49: Ketos
You had a good start against people from what I saw in your sets. Just need to keep a strong mindset if you are going to play Snake/Wario.

Non-Player Shoutouts:

Ohio - Plz don't stop having tournaments. D: OH tournaments have always been my favorite. :D There's always a good combination of cool people and good players. :D

Richmond - You guys did awesome at this. :D Just little things holding you back at this point. Also if any of you want me to coach you/give you any kind of
tips at tournaments just let me know and i'll try to do what I can. ^_^

MI - I really hate that I didn't get the chance to play you guys too much. I need to start taking advantage of that when you guys come around OH, because those are pretty much the only times I get to play you guys and it's not often. D:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I also liked the wristbands. Where did those come from, by the way?

Idea I had for them:

Give out wristbands with venue fee. Take wristbands back to people leaving and set up a lottery for those that do. You won't get all of them, but if people stop to give wristbands back and say "name is Overswarm" and get it written down, they'll get a chance to win free venue fee for the next event. The cost in paying for their venue fee, should it outweigh the cost of the bracelets, would pay for itself and possibly make them cheaper. It also allows for extra bracelets in the event you do order more!

2. Do registration for venue and events in the same line, especially for smash events. There were quite a few issues with people not being in the bracket even though they paid and I believe this started at the door. Let them pay for all of their things at one location, that way there's no confusion.
Yes and no.

Set up an assembly line. Get a WHOLE LOT OF CHANGE ($100 in 1s and 5s should do it typically for single events, ignore 1s if you don't have anything outside a multiple of 5). Have one guy at the front of the line for venue fee; he will hand out bracelets and not have to write anything down.

Guy #2 takes money for Brawl Singles and Doubles and inputs you into the system.

Guy #3 takes money for Melee Singles and Doubles and inputs you into the system.

Guy #4 takes money for Project M Singles and Doubles and inputs you into the system. (or whatever side events you have)

This speeds things up a TON. This also unfortunately requires several laptops, but it is the most efficient way of doing things.

4. Don't use team names in the bracket. They can enter as whatever they want, but in the bracket make sure you use the tags of the two people that are teaming. It takes way too much time to figure out who "Quest 64 Wasn't That Bad of a Game...Seriously" (No offense Kel + OS ;) ), and their opponents will ask you which players they need to find EVERY time. You will have to go through the list of names each time and eventually it just takes up a lot of time.
Team names are part of the fun! :D

Using regular names or smash names doesn't really work either. The problem isn't that no one knows who "Quest 64 Wasn't That Bad of a Game... Seriously", it's that the teams don't know to be on deck. I had no idea who "Josh" was in singles and many people didn't know who I was (shocking, right?).

To remedy this, call out matches in advance.

Example:

You have 16 sets to be played for a full bracket of 32 people. You have 8 TVs. Instead of calling 8 sets and calling it a day...

Number the stations 1 through 8 and call 8 matches. THEN call out "on deck". So Kel vs. Jiano on station 1 then OS vs. Juke on deck for station 1. The moment Kel/Jiano gets up, OS/Juke plays. This is one of the reasons my pool system works so well. No lost time with empty setups. If you're slick about it, you can constantly have people on deck.

6. Don't try and do everything at once. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect you all to finish on time when I saw you had Brawl Singles/Doubles, Melee Singles/Doubles, PM, and other random tournaments being held in the same location. It's hard to do Brawl/PM together let alone throwing Melee in the mix. You guys should stick with 1 or 2 events at a time until you get more experience with running them.
Was mostly a set up problem, really.

7. SET UPS!!!! This is one of the more important aspects. Make sure you have enough set ups for the tournament to run smoothly. There weren't enough set ups to make this run
efficiently. In the tournament thread, ask people to bring them. For some reason, people won't bring set ups unless you directly ask them to do it.
I brought a gamecube :B

8. Lastly, limit the crossover you can have in events. In MI we call it "Lain's Stupid Rule", this is because Lain would do the exact same thing ChuDat did, enter every single event; thus causing everything to be backed up. Feasibly you should be able to enter anything you want, realistically you can't. If you're gonna do just Brawl (Singles/Doubles) and maybe PM singles, this rule isn't needed. But the moment you get singles/doubles from another game you absolutely need it.
I highly advise you all to host another event. Not gonna lie, I had fun. First time I got to meet ChuDat, got bodied in P:M, got to hang out with Ohio peeps, it was good times. Like anything practice makes perfect :)

This is something I'm iffy on. I entered in every event and didn't hold up much, but if I was owning the bracket in each I would have. I personally would err on the side of letting people enter, but I'd make sure they were constantly playing too.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
For an overall tourney experience, I think you guys should definitely host again, but do smaller tournaments first. It was kind of obvious you guys haven't had much experience running Smash tournaments, but the main key to them is time management. I know you guys didn't expect the number of entrants that you got (hell I thought it was gonna be a 20-man tourney), but I think you were a little over-zealous at the number of events and space you had. For the next event, Co-host with SoulPech/Keist/Juu/etc. so that you get a feel on how to run these events. Some advice that I've picked up over the years for you guys' future tournaments:

1. Choose an appropriate venue. The venue you guys had here is amazing. There's a food court nearby, an ATM, parking structure, and lots of space. This is a good size venue for tournaments with ~50 entrants to be comfortable. Get an estimation on how many expected entrants you plan to have and choose the venue accordingly. If you all can get this venue reliably everytime, go for it. Otherwise make sure you plan ahead so you're not venue hunting at the last minute.

3. If you plan to host tournaments with Smash Brothers, you gotta learn TIO: http://tiopro.com/download.aspx. We all use this, it's fast, efficient, and makes running theses type of tournaments a breeze.

5. Know your limitations. Smash tournaments take a while, so if the venue closes at a certain time, you have to know what you can do. Which leads me to 6.

7. SET UPS!!!! This is one of the more important aspects. Make sure you have enough set ups for the tournament to run smoothly. There weren't enough set ups to make this run efficiently. In the tournament thread, ask people to bring them. For some reason, people won't bring set ups unless you directly ask them to do it.

1- We had estimated about ~60 to come based of all the people who responded here on smash boards and FB. We weren't expecting it to blow up so much so we were in disarray.
2- We had to split up the lines because venue fee was going to another organization and not directly to us.
3-We used tiopro, but we made the mistake of only using one computer which caused issues.
4- I agree with team names, it was pretty silly lol.
5- We started behind schedule because the larger event, buckeyelan's event, started later than we had posted so that pushed us back.
6-We weren't running the smaller events, that was the other org we collab'd with. We tried to cater to everyone with different events, but again a delayed start and time restrictions cause us not to finish :(.
7- Im pretty sure every t.v. that was hooked up had a set up, I may be wrong but iirc there wasnt an issue with setups. A decent amount of people actually brought set ups.
8- The whole thing with Chudat was annoying, we didnt expect him to hold up literally every bracket lol he wanted money so hey who can blame him.

Also, thanks to everyone who shouted me out! I'll try to be more active in the Ohio scene, school keeps me busy though.

Soul Pech- Fun games! I hate Wario so much not just fighting him but as a character...
Mx- Thanks man. After that tourney, which was my first, I stopped playing smash and started to play BlazBlue and other fighters a lot more lol
Zinoto-yo!

Oh, also Im really interestedn in PM so I'll try my hand at that. Lucario looks sick and with Roy coming I need to play it.

All in all I great time and great experience!

Edit: I went to the Midwest FB group thing and asked to join btw.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Fun tournament, but I kind of want to throw something out there. I don't like seeing Chudat's name being thrown around when looking for blame. He was not the only player who entered basically every event. He was just the most visible because everybody knows his name. We should be happy he came, and should not fault him or anybody else for wanting to play more than one Smash title.

100% of this tournament's problems came from three things:

-Way more people showed up than you guys expected, foiling any plans for management of space you might have had.
-No microphone for calling matches, leaving you with little to do beyond hope someone nearby knows the players you're calling.
-Lack of general ushering from the staff, leaving players to cluster around and trip over one another, wondering where to be at any given moment.

Honestly, that is it. Everything else is a result of these. In fact, to some extent the latter two simply follow from the first, as I'm sure you guys would have been more prepared if you had expected a crowd. I have every confidence that the next one will be loads better.

Telling people they can't have team names or enter multiple events would be treating symptoms, though, not causes. My hope is you guys don't enact such measures until you see how unneeded they are.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
Fun tournament, but I kind of want to throw something out there. I don't like seeing Chudat's name being thrown around when looking for blame. He was not the only player who entered basically every event. He was just the most visible because everybody knows his name. We should be happy he came, and should not fault him or anybody else for wanting to play more than one Smash title.

100% of this tournament's problems came from three things:

-Way more people showed up than you guys expected, foiling any plans for management of space you might have had.
-No microphone for calling matches, leaving you with little to do beyond hope someone nearby knows the players you're calling.
-Lack of general ushering from the staff, leaving players to cluster around and trip over one another, wondering where to be at any given moment.

Honestly, that is it. Everything else is a result of these. In fact, to some extent the latter two simply follow from the first, as I'm sure you guys would have been more prepared if you had expected a crowd. I have every confidence that the next one will be loads better.

Telling people they can't have team names or enter multiple events would be treating symptoms, though, not causes. My hope is you guys don't enact such measures until you see how unneeded they are.

D: Im not blaming Chudat at all. It was just he was a victim of circumstance, maybe he should'nt be so good at every smash game lol. Again thanks for feedback! Next time it'll be better, hopefully we have another huge turnout!

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Shoutout Time​
1: Chudat Nice to see you come out all the way to the MW.
5: Fizzle Man that was a realllllly close set. We midcard now. But.... FIZZLE WE COMIN FOR YOU *****.
7: DBSammy Yoooooooooo, you finally did it. Higher than 17th and beat JT. Can only go up from here.
9: DRB | Juushichi Solo running P:M, good **** Chonce.
9: Hatz​
Seismic Toss, good lord.
13: Shenanigans Come back to columbus. bby plz.
13: Krass Yeahhhh, Ganon. MAn I hate playing that character
13: Prince Abu Man, I was soooooooo nervous playing you. Maybe next time we'll play in Melee and he how that goes.
17: Fumbles​
Coming up from Cincy with Dr. X. It was good seeing you, and thanks for the friendles post- bracket.
17: Dan Comboz Dat Falcon. UThrow -> USmash too good
17: Dr. X We didn't talk much, but it was good seeing you.
17: Mudkyp You'se a pretty cool guy.
25: Janty5565 Looks like I won this time partner.
25: Alfa Stryke Alfred, moving on up from here.
2: Hanky Panky Some good friendlies earlier that day. Next time you'll get the plumber/the bird in full force.
7: Paradigm Uhhhhh Samus. I'm sorry for not playing to my normal standards. I was playing as well as I could as fast as I could to beat you for my other sets. Looks like it didn't go as well as I hoped.
9: Corkus
9: Fizzle Playing all these games and stuff and getting top 10.
13: Gunpunch gunpunch the peach main
13: Achilles Hello mr. top 10 in Columbus now. We had some good teams friendlies.
13: Kell Apparently my Falco is only good on Stadium.
17: Shenanigans plz
17: FerrisWheel32 Good seeing you again. Those Falco dittos really helped me out.
25: DBSammy u booty
25: DerfMW Maxxxxxx, why you place so low? Either way, it's been a while. I really need to go out to NEOH sometime.
1: Zinoto :diddy: grimer. But lol really, Diddy too good.
2: LOE1 :wario: grimer. But what else was to be expected from LOE1 the Legend?
3: Chudat :kirby2: grimer
3: Fizzle :dedede: grimer
9: Ralph Cecil :snake: Why no top 5?
9: Suyon :pit: Another close set. I'm getting there.
13: Karaoke Man :mario2: :ganondorf: :fox: :yoshi2: :bowser2: Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, my dude. I know I have the potential to place as high as you. Now I need to surpass ypu.
13: Soulpech :jigglypuff: :wario: <3 you too. Also here's a gift
17: Lokii :zerosuitsamus: little miss lokii finally getting away from your booth to play smash.
17: ShadowThePast :wolf: :metaknight: lol Man I didn't see you at all. We should have played some like we do at every tournament.
17: DBSammy :luigi2: Now you need to match your Melee/Brawl placements with P:M.
25: QD :lucario: QD getting up there in the placements.
25: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :rob: Up-B too stronk. But yeah I won't judge you for using DDD/MK on me from now on. Publicly.
25: Thekiest :dedede: It's been a long time Kiest. Good to see you come back.
33: Jiffy :ness2::wario: Old Man Jiffy coming to play Smash with us kids.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
1: Zinoto :diddy:- Ggs in the doubles set. Pretty sure I only got like 36% on you while you took away two of my stocks lol. Looking forward to having you destroy me in a singles set ;)
2: LOE1 :wario: - Didn't get to play, but I laughed my *** off when I saw Warioware on stream lol. Edit: Wait we did play LOL, but yeah gg's in friendlies.
3: Chudat :kirby2: - Fun doubles friendlies, Kirby too stronk
3: Fizzle :dedede: - Gg's in bracket. Even if my controller hadn't been drifting you still would've bopped me so I'm not salty about that lol. Hope to see you again sometime.
7: Ksev :snake: - Couldn't tell if you were sandbagging in friendlies lol but fun nonetheless.
7: Blue Rogue :wario: - I should've banned Frigate I should've banned Frigate I should've banned Frigate lol. I sorta panicked when I heard a tiny crowd forming behind us and felt like I had to pick my ban immediately, but no johns lol. Good games, hope to play you again sometime :)
9: Kryp :pit: - Had fun in friendlies lol, that really relieved some of my stress at the time.
9: Ralph Cecil :snake: - yo you're so free how did you get higher than me
13: Karaoke Man :mario2: :ganondorf: :fox: :yoshi2: :bowser2: - Had fun in friendlies lol after seeing your Bowser I'm even more scared of your Yoshi.
13: Soulpech :jigglypuff: :wario: - Dair too stronk
17: Ogie :pit: :metaknight: - Enjoyed talking to you
17: Aura :lucario: - Ggs in friendlies (we did friendly right? LOL worst memory)
17: DBSamming :luigi2: - Good to see you there, wanted to play you lol, next time
25: QD :lucario: - Did we friendly? Ugh I'm so bad
25: Katakiri :pit: :pt: - Dude your Charizard is pretty legit lol. Hope I get to play you in bracket sometime.
25: Hael Phael :pikachu2: :rob: - Thanks for teaming with me fgt
25: Thekiest :dedede: - Ggs in bracket, that last kill was totally unexpected lol
25: Ag squiggle - Yo gg's in friendlies, sad face for no guitar hero money match
25: Ola :toonlink: :snake: - I think we friendlied? I went Marth or something lol, if so ggs.
33: Sye :falcon: - Did you play against Kass? Your Falcon seemed pretty legit lol
33: Twig :wario: - Wtf you don't play DK lol. Anyway enjoyed talking with you, maybe we can team sometime? :)
33: Ick :link2:
:dk2: - Ggs in friendlies and in bracket. I've played a lot of wifi Links so I kinda knew all of Link's tricks you could do lol. But your DK is pretty scary, I almost lost that 2nd game when I almost got hit airdodging into an Fsmash. Hope to see you come out again.
33: Absol :sheik: - That horrible name typo lol. Your Shiek is pretty legit, you've definitely got what you need to become a notable player, just get out to tournaments and get some experience :)
49: SuperSonic68 :toonlink: - Nice meeting you at the beginning, hope to see you come out again sometime, and ggs in friendlies
49: Ketos :snake:
- Shoutouts to entering last minute :denzel:

While I am late to reply...Thank you. I've been practicing ever since this shuffle, and its about time I see how far I've come before smash 4 is out. This next upcoming shuffle will be one of my greatest challenges.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
While I am late to reply...Thank you. I've been practicing ever since this shuffle, and its about time I see how far I've come before smash 4 is out. This next upcoming shuffle will be one of my greatest challenges.
Good to hear! Still sticking with Sheik? I may be coming to this Shuffle, so if I do we'll need to friendly :)

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Good to hear! Still sticking with Sheik? I may be coming to this Shuffle, so if I do we'll need to friendly :)
Yeah, still Sheik. With how shes looking in smash 4 I'm certainly not regretting it. If she does end up being ridiculous I should have a clean head start. And we should do friendly's for sure.

Top Bottom